• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Leaked BTTF pic says "This is a one off exclusive."

Shit. Does that mean one single print run, and then it is done? If so, I am staying up all night to order a couple online instead of going to the store.

Why?!? If they planned on something like that, it would be nice to be able to do a pre-order. Also, they better limit 1 per person or something like that. You know resellers will be all over that set buying the max at multiple stores and online if it's truly a limited single print run. This better not be the case. It's a goldgate debacle again if this is true. At least print a 100,000 or something.

Why?!? If they planned on something like that, it would be nice to be able to do a pre-order. Also, they better limit 1 per person or something like that. You know resellers will be all over that set buying the max at multiple stores and online if it's truly a limited single print run. This better not be the case. It's a goldgate debacle again if this is true. At least print a 100,000 or something.

You know if it is a one time print run that the resellers will be camping out at the store. And if there is a limit, they will bring their whole families and be like "Oh, my 3 year old wants to buy one too!"
Ugh.

If it is truly limited, they should make it a preorder system with a strict limit. Hell, make it VIP only with a limit of 1 per account.

Fowler

You guys know LEGO better than me, but to be honest, "one off exclusive" implies to me that this is the ONLY Back to the Future set they will ever make, not that it's limited to one run.

You guys know LEGO better than me, but to be honest, "one off exclusive" implies to me that this is the ONLY Back to the Future set they will ever make, not that it's limited to one run.

You are quite right. I was thinking it can be read in two different ways after I posted. I'm hoping and leaning towards your interpretation now.

Definitions:
- A happening that occurs only once and is not repeated.
- Happening, done, or made only once.

neonglow

I think the Minecraft set had an initial limit of 5 and was mostly sold online. I know Jinx was where you could preorder it. I have actually never seen the set in store anywhere.

DeLorean doors (from Eurobricks):
gull-wing_doors_resize.png

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Awesome! Hype Train is here! OOOhhh that is awesome, they used minifig legs on the back exhaust ports. Love this build more and more. Not a huge fan of the hood and window part, but it is pretty cool details elsewhere.

Awesome! Hype Train is here! OOOhhh that is awesome, they used minifig legs on the back exhaust ports. Love this build more and more. Not a huge fan of the hood and window part, but it is pretty cool details elsewhere.

Good eye, that is pretty neat. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the back. It looks pretty good with the doors open, better than I expected. I'm not a fan of that windshield either. Doesn't look like it even connects to the roof.

shadow29

Neo Member
I'm going to try and hold off on the Titan. I want to get it in July with the Hot Dog Cart and use it to get the bonus during the opening weekend for the new store in Utah. Now if they would just announce when its going to be open already....

I'm going to try and hold off on the Titan. I want to get it in July with the Hot Dog Cart and use it to get the bonus during the opening weekend for the new store in Utah. Now if they would just announce when its going to be open already....

Don't wait too long on the monthy exclusives. When I got Orthanc last Monday they had already ran out of the Jor-El minifig.

I broke down. I ordered Orthanc. To get my hot dog stand, think I'm going to order Cargo Train-7939.

Nice! I decided I'm going to get Pirate Ship Ambush for my hot dog stand. My Queen Anne needs a ship to fight.

Don't wait too long on the monthy exclusives. When I got Orthanc last Monday they had already ran out of the Jor-El minifig.

Bingo. You better get that stuff earlier in the month because there is no guarantee it'll be there toward the end

I sold my Jor El but then I watched the movie and now I want him again...but darn store was all out...darnit

ghostmind

My goal is 3 Hot Dog Stands for the month

I'm picking up the Titan on July 1st, so that's one.

Dolphin Cruiser & Olivia's Beach Buggy is two.

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker and some misc City set will be three.

Assuming those sets are out in July, otherwise I will have to change plans.

mrkgoo

And there we have it! Good to know it's there.

The seam at the front must've been hidden by small size and compression in the earlier pic.

Anyway, I still think the model is sub par. Not that I'd ever get the chance to get one.

Soul4ger

Just got back from Las Vegas. I was a bad, bad man before I left. I had some awesome stuff waiting for me when I got home. Will take pictures later, if possible. If not, I'll just fill everyone in with impressions. Not that anyone cares about my impressions. ;)

New TMNT polybag:

I9kohEy.jpg

Weird. But also kind of a cute approach. Is Krang in the new cartoons really large or something?

Just got back from Las Vegas. I was a bad, bad man before I left. I had some awesome stuff waiting for me when I got home. Will take pictures later, if possible. If not, I'll just fill everyone in with impressions. Not that anyone cares about my impressions. ;)

The thread thrives on impressions and photos. Keep them coming.

gokieks

Built Fallingwater. Putting aside value proposition judgements (something that's really more of an issue with the Architecture lineup as a whole rather than this specific model), I really like it. I found it a lot of fun to build - a ton of tiny pieces but never became frustrating, and the finished product is, like most other Architecture sets, a fantastic desk top display piece.

Built Fallingwater. Putting aside value proposition judgements (something that's really more of an issue with the Architecture lineup as a whole rather than this specific model), I really like it. I found it a lot of fun to build - a ton of tiny pieces but never became frustrating, and the finished product is, like most other Architecture sets, a fantastic desk top display piece.

I only have a few Architecture sets, but Fallingwater and Robie House entice me. As does the new Imperial Hotel.

If you have not gotten them yet, White House and Leaning Tower of Pisa are really nice once completed.

Soul4ger

These are the items I procured for myself via the Internet. Two of them are retired sets from an older Castle line. The third is the awesome Hulk promotional minifigure that I know some of you love so much. I got in trouble with my fiancee for getting this stuff. The boxes were waiting when we got home, and there was nothing I could do to hide them. "I hope you didn't buy more LEGO!" Oops. :(

They're everything I could've dreamed of and more. As much as the Lord of the Rings sets helped draw me back to LEGO, the aesthetic of the trolls and yellow-toned figures of Classic Castle is infinitely better in my mind. So I got two of the sets that feature conflict between the trolls and the dwarves. They were expensive. Really expensive. But I got them with boxes, instructions, and complete. Just display sets, adult owned, never played with. And even though I'm in hot water ... I don't regret it. They're so totally worth it. The green dragon that came with the boat is AWESOME. So much cooler than the red one we just got in the new Castle series. I think the general shape is the same, but the armor and mounted knight, plus the smaller flame and coloring, are so much more appealing. Every time I go after something new with LEGO, I feel like I'm opening an additional Pandora's box. Now I feel like I need the Troll castle, and the knight's castle with the black dragon.

Please, God, save my marriage.

These are the items I procured for myself via the Internet. Two of them are retired sets from an older Castle line. The third is the awesome Hulk promotional minifigure that I know some of you love so much. I got in trouble with my fiancee for getting this stuff. The boxes were waiting when we got home, and there was nothing I could do to hide them. "I hope you didn't buy more LEGO!" Oops. :(

They're everything I could've dreamed of and more. As much as the Lord of the Rings sets helped draw me back to LEGO, the aesthetic of the trolls and yellow-toned figures of Classic Castle is infinitely better in my mind. So I got two of the sets that feature conflict between the trolls and the dwarves. They were expensive. Really expensive. But I got them with boxes, instructions, and complete. Just display sets, adult owned, never played with. And even though I'm in hot water ... I don't regret it. They're so totally worth it. The green dragon that came with the boat is AWESOME. So much cooler than the red one we just got in the new Castle series. I think the general shape is the same, but the armor and mounted knight, plus the smaller flame and coloring, are so much more appealing. Every time I go after something new with LEGO, I feel like I'm opening an additional Pandora's box. Now I feel like I need the Troll castle, and the knight's castle with the black dragon.

Please, God, save my marriage.

If my wife can tolerate my LEGO binge of the last year alone, any marriage is salvageable.

Hell, she puts up with my Looney Tunes and Beavis and Butthead obsession, and she is soon to be a PhD. Anything is salvageable with odds like that.

Oh I'm all for having a build in the box...I just think many of the recent ones have been incredibly uninspired.

I agree, especially the Superheroes set. So far all the one I build just left me thinking why I should not just buy mini-figs. Set should be more like Blackcat vs Batman or even TMNT. The Superman one is not bad as the scene set like comic book.

Oh, I ended up with Orthanc. They have both build at my LEGO store and Orthanc do look impressive. X-Wing I would have to clear or build new shelf for display so that will be something for the future.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Have everything you order shipped to your office/work. Without fail.

That right there? Real marriage talk.

I already do this and I'm not married and don't have a ridiculous LEGO budget. My DeLorean is coming straight to my work and getting built at my desk, where it will live. My girlfriend doesn't need to know about it.

gokieks

I only have a few Architecture sets, but Fallingwater and Robie House entice me. As does the new Imperial Hotel.

If you have not gotten them yet, White House and Leaning Tower of Pisa are really nice once completed.

Leaning Tower is, like the Sydney Opera House, a piece of architecture that I really like but find that the LEGO Architecture representation of which simply too small to do justice. Though the build does look quite clever.

The Imperial Hotel though looks great and is probably the next Architecture set I'd go for whenever I talk myself into spending that much money on a small set again.

Do you have your priorities all sorted out? Once it gets to deception, it's rather creepy.

Innocuous deception is one of the cornerstones of a good marriage.
I'm kidding

Partners are never going to agree on everything, including how to spend disposable income. Especially that, to be honest. You think I know about every pair of shoes she buys?

I'm probably making it seem worse than it is. Trust me - I'm married to a divorce lawyer who specializes in forensic accounting. You think I can get away with much deception?

Top Bottom