• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

LEGO logos 1934-now

MEkB8Xr.png

Matt

If I was not working today, I would have driven there. White Plains, right?

Yep. BUT, I actually didn't go myself. I'm in CA, but my sister lives near White Plains. I asked if she could check it out, she got there at 5:40 pm and still managed to get one.

Very excited for it to arrive.

BOOM!

Galactic Titan has been purchased with my 10% off coupon! But sadly the Santa Clara store was all out of Jor-El minifigs.

The offer ended on the 25th is probably why they ran out. I heard you can buy them if you want. I went on the last day of the offer and it's showing $4.99 on my receipt (then -$4.99 discount). They probably all sold to scalpers after the offer ended.

Jimbro72

AHHHH I've disassembled about 10 sets today, with another 10 to go!

AHHHH my finger tips are in pain!

Are you doing it for the sake of freeing up display room? It's what I've been doing off and on the past few weeks. I've probably taken apart a couple dozen small and medium sized sets and a couple larger ones. Still have a ways to go myself. Definitely not as fun as assembling them, that's for sure.

ghostmind

Are you doing it for the sake of freeing up display room? It's what I've been doing off and on the past few weeks. I've probably taken apart a couple dozen small and medium sized sets and a couple larger ones. Still have a ways to go myself. Definitely not as fun as assembling them, that's for sure.

Giving my son back some space in his room, since he's not into Ninjago ATM. Still keeping the dragons, the Fire Temple and the Destiny's Bounty assembled, but the rest (of which there are legion) is getting taken apart.

I'm also moving my display into the basement, in a summer-long reorganization project of my house. You've inspired me to get a bunch of white display bookcases, so I can keep more sets intact at once.

I am trying to figure out my storage situation while taking apart all my Mocs. I want to rebuild Tower Bridge, but lack the space to take all Mocs apart to get the pieces. Thinking of going through my current inventory and pulling parts from a checklist, then figure out how many Mocs I need to destroy for the rest. Sadly, I never finished the Galaxy Squad battleground idea. Hit a wall and just stopped caring. Tower Bridge was calling too much.

Sounds like you need to go for that 2nd Tower Bridge idea.
The money for a second Tower Bridge could pay for my upcoming Titan and Dolphin Cruiser. Or Ewok Village. Or most of Sydney Opera House. That is all that is holding me back. But it is tempting to eventually get another just for parts.

Jimbro72

Giving my son back some space in his room, since he's not into Ninjago ATM. Still keeping the dragons, the Fire Temple and the Destiny's Bounty assembled, but the rest (of which there are legion) is getting taken apart.

I'm also moving my display into the basement, in a summer-long reorganization project of my house. You've inspired me to get a bunch of white display bookcases, so I can keep more sets intact at once.

Cool, I look forward to seeing how your display turns out. And you have now inspired me to go downstairs and start taking apart more of my sets to free up even more space, so I can start working on my backlog of sets to assemble. It's just getting trickier to decide which sets go and which sets stay. Older sets and PT sets have been the stuff getting axed thus far.

Ponn

Banned
So i've started to move sets to work to make more room for my bigger sets at home. The Avengers have officially taken over my work desk.

Hulk isn't there yet because i've yet to free him from his key chain, will do that this weekend. I have Malibu Mansion over on one of my drawers. It's funny because I thought I might be a little embarrassed having them out but I must work with some really cool people because I always have someone stopping by playing with the Quinjet. I have to say the truck that came with Hawkeye is actually a pretty cool little 4 x 4. Whenever I pick up the spidey cycle set I may make that Nick Fury's ride instead of the green convertable thing.

Rootbeer

Banned
Picked up wizard battle and a creator set on amazon warehouse... is it just me or is the selection on amazon warehouse very stagnant? I always see the same sets on there... I used to be able to find all sorts of great stuff.

I suspect that with the pending LEGO film it's only going to be harder to find good deals on there.

very interesting, thanks.

love the glossary

lol

When I first got back into LEGO several months ago (so yeah, coming out of my Dark Age), I initially thought all the terms were just a funny joke, I didn't realize it really is a thing until I start reading the forum and blogs.

I really enjoy the site, thanks Phon. I love the Galaxy Squad clear green pieces. That particular polybags are still available at my local TRU, may be I should pick up couple more to beef up the Bugoids army.

gokieks

Built the B-Wing that I picked up back in May. Not socks-knocked-off impressed with either the build process or the finished product, and I definitely wouldn't have paid the full MSRP for it, but at $100 I don't mind.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Anyone know when the UK's getting the wave 2 LOTR stuff?

Other than the Orthanc there's nothing there- could do with some of the new sets to go with the order to get the hotdog cart next month!

rallaren

I've watched two reviews of Galactic Titan and I'm not that excited anymore. It looked alot cooler when I first saw it but since then I've built more sets and the flare has sort of faded. I'm more into Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer I think.

The 7066 Earth Defense HQ set from 2009 is starting to get to me too.

rallaren

Someone recreated part of Green Hill Zone in LEGO. The upside down pieces for the palm trees was a genius move.

http://www.soniczone0.com/blog/blogfiles/lego_greenhill_1.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.soniczone0.com/blog/index.php?id=106[/url][/QUOTE]
Whoa! That's amazing.

That's a great set. I got it for half price when TRU cleared out their Alien Conquest stuff last year. The fact that there is a female marine in blue was a huge selling point for my daughter.

Lots of great details and play elements in the set-definitely recommended for young ones.

rallaren

That's a great set. I got it for half price when TRU cleared out their Alien Conquest stuff last year. The fact that there is a female marine in blue was a huge selling point for my daughter.

Lots of great details and play elements in the set-definitely recommended for young ones.
It has a certain uniqueness to it that I didn't like first but now I've changed my mind. Everyone speaks so well about it too.

But yeah some sets really have that kid playability about them that takes much from the display elements, like the Chima sets - I'm not really into to those yet.

It has a certain uniqueness to it that I didn't like first but now I've changed my mind. Everyone speaks so well about it too.

But yeah some sets really have that kid playability about them that takes much from the display elements, like the Chima sets - I'm not really into to those yet.

It is a *terrible* display set. Like, the worst I own. The truck itself has lots of great elements but for some reason they chose to make it difficult to access them.

Awesome ship though-that and its "launching" mechanism are terrific

I've watched two reviews of Galactic Titan and I'm not that excited anymore. It looked alot cooler when I first saw it but since then I've built more sets and the flare has sort of faded. I'm more into Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer I think.

I'm building the Titan right now and has it been an awesome experience. I'll post a few photos soon. I think you should give it another look if you enjoy theme overall.

Daughter turns 7 on Friday...I think we may end up with three or four of these after birthday shopping is through.

She wants Quinjet and that Hulk set right? Or at least she wants Daddy to secretly buy them, right? Right.

You don't need excuses...just the ability to open that wallet and spend spend SPEND

gokieks

Hit up the LEGO Store PAB for some bricks to build a stand for the Y-Wing. Wanted to make one that was angled in both pitch and roll, which ended up being rather more difficult than I imagined (to get fully stable, that is) and required a lot more bricks. But, turned out OK I think:

Don't think I'll go through with my plan to do it for all the other Star Wars ships which I already made stands which are tilted only in one direction.

And really need to decide on a camera to buy soon so I can stop posting terrible phone camera pictures.

Top Bottom