• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ruxtpin

Banned
2RG4knL.jpg

Aren't we going to be able to get one of these if we preorder the game at walmart?

Bought a bunch of plastic containers for more storage this afternoon and have spent the last several hours just moving things around and trying to figure out and refine my organization and storage. There is still quite a bit to go, but it is nice to refine my organization system as more and more bricks join the collective.

It's a new Batman one. How can I tell if it's screwed or glued? The screw rotates, so I assume it's screwed.

SiegfriedFM is correct. Soldering iron is the best way. Search YouTube and they have plenty of tutorials. Key part as SiegfriedFM said is not to touch plastic with hot iron.

ghostmind

Bought a bunch of plastic containers for more storage this afternoon and have spent the last several hours just moving things around and trying to figure out and refine my organization and storage. There is still quite a bit to go, but it is nice to refine my organization system as more and more bricks join the collective.

What kind of containers Phonciple? I'm going to have to climb that mountain eventually, but so far I only have a few Stanley SortMasters.

R-User!

On a different note, my local Target did have random stuff on clearance.

Werewolf, Vermin Vaporizer, Small Cottage were all 30% off.

ALL Architecture stuff was 50% off there. Looked like people already ransacked Farnsworth and White House (smart people). Everything else remained. Finally makes things like Seattle Space Needle a good price for what you get.

Your Target has Architecture!!!!!?

R-User!

I have given him instructions - "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

Sidious: Only then will you be strong enough with the Dark Side to save Padmé.

Vader: What about the other Jedi spread across the galaxy?

Sidious: Their betrayal will be dealt with. After you have killed all the Jedi in the Temple, go to the Mustafar system. Wipe out Viceroy Gunray and the other Separatist leaders. Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy! And...we shall have...peace. o_o

Seriously, did you find that somewhere already? You're in Canada right? Or U.S.? I must know
what your stating by posting that polybag pic! :)
I was in Walmart a couple months ago and saw one vamp castle with a $55 clearance tag on it. I debated for like 15 min, put it back, slept on it, went back in morning and it was gone. Been kicking myself because i was going to use the extra set and build up my current into one bigger display looking closer to the Castlevania...um...castle.

Buy then return if buyers remorsegret kicks in...

For instore deals that I'm undecided on, I usually just buy it and think about it later. If I don't like it, I just return the set.

See^ :)

What kind of containers Phonciple? I'm going to have to climb that mountain eventually, but so far I only have a few Stanley SortMasters.

Lowe's did not have any Sortmasters anymore. They had some new brand I never heard of, but did the same thing.
Instead I bought 2 five packs of the Target plasticware containers (the short wide ones), and 3 large plastic storage bins from their storage aisle. The big storage bins were only $.87 each too. :) I am using those for the large pieces I rarely use, such as ship hulls, windshields, support beams (like monorail supports), and large wall pieces (like in Vampyre Castle and the like).
Using those allowed me to empty a Sortmaster and a half, so now I can reorganize my regular bricks and plates.
The real issue is how to organize and store the plate plates. Like minimum 4x4 all the way to the 8x16 plates. I have so many of those. Organizing is easy. Storing them due to the size is the issue.

Your Target has Architecture!!!!!?

They are not in the regular LEGO aisle. They are with the regular jigsaw puzzles.

ghostmind

Seriously, did you find that somewhere already? You're in Canada right? Or U.S.? I must know
what your stating by posting that polybag pic! :)

3rd party seller - so it is out there - somewhere. I don't see how it could have made it to Walmart distribution already.

Chuckie

I have this suspicious feeling that I will never have Iron Patriot. They don't have those pre-order deals in Holland afaik and I am not paying 50 euro or something like that for a minifig...no matter how much I like it.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Here's a modular bike shop I made. Took me a few months on/off because of life- I dont have as much time to build as I want to! Turned out pretty good though I think, though I wish i'd had the patience to make an interior as well.

Added a comparison pic next to 10185 Green Grocer to show how well it fits/doesnt fit in to the rest of the theme- rest of my modulars are in storage i'm afraid!

Here's a modular bike shop I made. Took me a few months on/off because of life- I dont have as much time to build as I want to! Turned out pretty good though I think, though I wish i'd had the patience to make an interior as well.

Added a comparison pic next to 10185 Green Grocer to show how well it fits/doesnt fit in to the rest of the theme- rest of my modulars are in storage i'm afraid!

Nice. I like the roof a lot on that. And too bad there are no interior details.

neonglow

You know whats weird PhoncipleBone? On Targets mobile site, it lists all Architecture sets as online only...

http://m.target.com/s?category=0|Al...tegories&searchTerm=Lego+architecture&x=0&y=0

...weird. I wonder why your Target has them even? Is that the only Target you've seen them in? Maybe it's a regional thing...

It's probably the demographic of people in his area. I've never seen Architecture sets in Target stores here in the west coast. The only places I've actually seen them are LEGO stores and B&N.

I have this suspicious feeling that I will never have Iron Patriot. They don't have those pre-order deals in Holland afaik and I am not paying 50 euro or something like that for a minifig...no matter how much I like it.

There's some hope. The exclusive Hulk minifig made its way to a keychain so I think there is a good chance Iron Patriot will do the same. Time will tell.

ghostmind

Just throwing this out there: There are no Canadian stores carrying this promo. I don't know if it is feasible to snag more than one of these guys, but if someone is willing to do so I'll cover shipping and make it worthwhile.

I have a feeling that TRU will be the one with this promo in Canada, but with no release date announced yet they cannot kick off their preorder program.

ghostmind

Ah-I didn't realize that it didn't have a release date; nor did I realize TRU did preorder bonuses. Good to know.

Did we see these already? They look familiar.

I had them up for Toy Fair (but I might have taken them down again). These are the "official" images, albeit the Euro versions (so no piece counts).

TRU started doing LEGO preorder bonuses with the LEGO LotR game. Then GameStop did the bonus for LEGO City Stories, so it has become confusing.

ghostmind

Boo, no LOTR/Hobbit Advent. The City one looks cool though.

I am surprised that they are putting the CMF Santa in the City one. I can understand, due to the character (why put out another Santa with a pirate doo-rag on his head), but the CMF figures are usually hands-off, especially the recent ones.

I am surprised that they are putting the CMF Santa in the City one. I can understand, due to the character (why put out another Santa with a pirate doo-rag on his head), but the CMF figures are usually hands-off, especially the recent ones.

I didn't think about that, but I understand why they included him. Is this the first CMF to show up in a set?

ghostmind

I didn't think about that, but I understand why they included him. Is this the first CMF to show up in a set?

The CMF spin-off packs last year - Beach, Rock Band, and Halloween, the VIP Top-5 pack, and the 2011 Brick Calendar all had CMF figs.

I don't think they've ever been in a retail set, until now.

Kryten

I was in the USA last year to get the City advent calendar and it was AMAZEBALLS for the kids, but I never saw one at retail here in New Zealand. Sigh.

I was in the USA last year to get the City advent calendar and it was AMAZEBALLS for the kids, but I never saw one at retail here in New Zealand. Sigh.

I just stopped by Lasting Toys to grab a Hulk keychain and they had the 2009 Pirate calendar! I didn't even know that was a thing. Was neat looking.

I remember when my mother made a calendar out of a small Technic set. I got a few pieces every day until I could build the entire thing on Christmas.

ghostmind

The remaining 2013 City and Chima sets are now listed on S@H for an August 1st release. These join the rest of the Friends and the summer Star Wars sets that will also be released on that date.

Nice! I'm on the hunt for the 2009 Pirate sets - did they have any of those in stock?

I'll be seeing them at Brickfete tomorrow so I'll ask them. I didn't notice anything aside from the calendar though.

They've got what looks like a huge selection of the Atlantis line - I hadn't noticed it before. It's a nice looking theme.

This small set in particular looks cute.

8056-1.jpg

Sometimes these filter into individual LEGO stores a week or two early - so if you have one close by it may be worth asking.

I know that some of these sets have started to show up at various TRU's already.

No Dolphin Cruiser at my TRU near home nor work. Of course, I did not check today yet. Too damn tired and traffic was killer. ConnectiCon is in town this weekend, so traffic around Hartford was worse than usual on Friday.

ghostmind

Green Arrow and Spider-Woman are cool. The others not so much.

Waaaaaaait a second! That Spidey costume is from the Amazing Spider-Man movie... does LEGO now have the movie license as well?

mojiimbo

If anyone in the U.S. is still looking for Weathertop, Toys R US has a 30% off coupon for clearance items that's good until Saturday. It comes out to $38 plus tax after discount and you should qualify for a free Star Wars Headhunter polybag too.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/070713A_DS_TRU_Clearance70_Shared_962351_XSJB04.pdf

The only other sets I saw on clearance were last year's Star Wars Advent Calendars and some of the series 1 planets, though.

Oh no. I think I am missing 8 of this piece to finish Tower Bridge:
4586563.jpg

I kept them all together in a cup for months because I never used them. I guess I lost me of the sorting cups before merging it with the rest of my pieces. Think I will have to finally brick link these or if anyone here happens to have that part in that quantity.

Top Bottom