• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Box art for LEGO Marvel game revealed.

Quoting for the top of the page:
gIJVS1zl.jpg

*Inserts coin*: "Let's go crazy!"
*Inserts another coin*: "Let's go crazy!"
*Hits the start button*:
*Moves character select cursor around the screen*
*Presses Fierce*: "WOLVERINE!"
*Moves character select cursor*
*Presses Fierce*: MR. FANTASTIC!
*Gets ready for his first fight!*

US GAF PSA

Target America stores has begun their LEGO clearance for summer 2013! Various LEGO products are on clearance for 15-30% off. Jeremy writes in to inform us that it starte this week and will continue through the first week of August (to make room for the new Star Wars & Friends sets). Most markdowns start on Thursdays. Here’s what he’s been finding:

Uruk hai army
Mines of moria
Escape from mirkwood spiders
All monster fighters sets
Creator highway pickup
Museum break in
Jedi star fighter & kamino
Quinjet aerial battle

As always, prices and selection may vary depending on location.

via Toys N Bricks

Kryten

Wow. Bit of a rush at the store opening, but got one of the two Fire Brigades and the last VW that they had.

Some of the shelves were getting a bit empty as they rang up my sale, the store owner is a nice guy and was commenting about how hard head office makes it for them to get Lego at all, then they organise a 25% off sale and "give it away". Lego in NZ is kinda sucky.

Is the B-wing going to be stable on that thing?

Not without extra support but that's the next stage. This is my inspiration.

So you're making a custom stand? One that is more stable, looks better, or both?
The main reason it to have the B-Wing stand in a vertical position but I also want a grander stand than the usual black UCS style so added the plinth.

This was my fisr MLCad designed piece too so I've keep it simple while learning the program.

Jimbro72

US GAF PSA

via Toys N Bricks

I saw nothing on clearance at my closest Target after work today except 15% off Mines of Moria sets and several empty spots on the shelves in the isle. But that's not shocking as over the weekend, when my wife and I were at this same Target, we walked in and I saw a couple at the customer service desk with 2 shopping carts full of nothing but LEGO sets of all variety of lines. Only thing I got a good look at were 3-4 Jabba's Palace sets the woman was moving back into her cart. Don't know if they were all the clearance sets from this Target or having them price match a ton of Amazon prices but it was a little surprising to walk in and see someone hoarding so many sets on an early Saturday evening, including many multiples. They then were just leaving the store with their haul as we were checking out with our stuff.

neonglow

After getting interested in LEGO again these past 2 years, I decided to create a LEGO website. It's actually my first attempt at creating any site. It's only been active for about a month and still a work in progress. I hope you guys can check it out and let me know what you think of it.

Hmmm, the idea sounds good. Suddenly I don't know if I should go for Palace Cinema (which I would need to redesign into something more interesting), get Pet Shop or just wait for the next one.

I know what you're all going to say though.

"Get all of them!"

Jimbro72

Hmmm, the idea sounds good. Suddenly I don't know if I should go for Palace Cinema (which I would need to redesign into something more interesting), get Pet Shop or just wait for the next one.

I know what you're all going to say though.

"Get all of them!"

Get Pet Shop....first. One, it shouldn't be available too much longer and two, it's an amazing set.

Or just get them all. ; )

The great MOC destruction continues. Steampunk Airship is gone. Corner Book Store is halfway gone. All that remains is the Mansion and BrickMAX Cinema.
There is something relaxing about disassembly. I am also excited to try and make something without using Tower Bridge parts as a crutch.

The great MOC destruction continues. Steampunk Airship is gone. Corner Book Store is halfway gone. All that remains is the Mansion and BrickMAX Cinema.
There is something relaxing about disassembly. I am also excited to try and make something without using Tower Bridge parts as a crutch.

What was Mansion? I don't think I ever saw that one.

ghostmind

Do they even have the Quinjet in your store still?

ghostmind... I forgot, but when we're you going to build UCSMF? Or
have you already?

I want pics! :)

No, it is still sitting in its box. I have to sort out my storage situation first, and move the LEGO down to the basement before I can get started. Hoping to get started by the end of summer.

R-User!

No, it is still sitting in its box. I have to sort out my storage situation first, and move the LEGO down to the basement before I can get started. Hoping to get started by the end of summer.

That's cool! Thanks for the 2014 news. It's funny how you just drop the news in single sentence format: it's like: "Boom! INFO!"

And we all react... :)

The 2014 Modular is:

Parisian Restaurant

Thanks for the early news as usual.

Now to business. Does this mean I should get the Grand Emporium next as the Fire Brigade will still miraculously stick around?

Is this the correct order of release?
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant

That's quite a lot of sets to be currently available.

Thanks for the early news as usual.

Now to business. Does this mean I should get the Grand Emporium next as the Fire Brigade will still miraculously stick around?

Is this the correct order of release?
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant

That's quite a lot of sets to be currently available.
That is correct. Dat second floor wont let the Fire Brigade go out of print yet!

frogg609

Yeah I know about the features and I guilt half of it in the digital designer. I'm just kind of broke. It's just that there is 25% sale on at the moment. Makes it more like us prices!

I love that set. Fun build and a great use of parts. My son loves the propeller spinning too.

mrkgoo

I love that set. Fun build and a great use of parts. My son loves the propeller spinning too.
I couldn't justify the price still, so I just stared at the box and walked away :(

I'll finish it on the digital designer. Well, assuming t has the propellor holder piece, which is quite possibly unique to that set.

I cant get any lego this thursday at target but I am thinking of swinging by to hide them when I get paid friday... bad ethics? I can afford to get stuff, but not till a day later

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The 2014 Modular is:

Parisian Restaurant

Saving me money if its like cafe corner (I really should have gone for green grocer instead). Haven't bought town hall or palace cinema yet either. Doctor, I might be cured and only buy the sets I love rather than needing to complete a theme!

It's so weird. Pet Shop is $277 on the Lego store (hahahahaha no) while Palace Cinema is $195. Points give me a $37 discount on either.

Another webshop has Pet Shop for $174. It's also possible to find at around $150 on Bricklink, although I'd have to add shipping on top of that.

Anyway, in two weeks I'll visit another Lego store (the one I wrote about last Christmas) so I'll save my spending money for that. If they don't have anything interesting, I guess I'll decide between these things. At that point, we might even have new Hobbit sets to think about.

Top Bottom