• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

So a few Hobbit set reviews.

Attack of the Wargs:
As with previous Hobbit sets, the minifigs are excellent. The new Warg figures are fantastic. The rock outcropping pieces are pretty bland, but the Tree was actually a neat build. Just one, giant tree. Was neat to see it come together.

7/10
I wasn't planning on getting any other Hobbit sets other than Unexpected Gathering, but then I realized that you can take the tree from the Attack of the Wargs set and stick it on top of Bag End. I think that I might just do this, plus I kind of wanted a warg mini-fig too.
Bag-End-1-300x211.png

He'll save on bricklink fees.

If it were me, I'd pay slightly more for a bit more peace of mind and also to build BL rating.

Oh so there ARE BrickLink fees then? Ok that makes sense... Since HE already has a decent rating there probably is the incentive for him then... might just jump on it then!

Any chance there will be another custom creation contest soon? I haven't touched a LEGO in years and lately been wanting to get back into them and thought what better way to get started than a custom creation contest. I really just have no clue of what to pick up, to get started, and thought something like a contest(with a specific set to start with) would get me moving.

Any chance there will be another custom creation contest soon? I haven't touched a LEGO in years and lately been wanting to get back into them and thought what better way to get started than a custom creation contest. I really just have no clue of what to pick up, to get started, and thought something like a contest(with a specific set to start with) would get me moving.

we will probably have one starting in the new year :)

we will probably have one starting in the new year :)

Good deal, I will definitely be participating. I will probably pick up a small set or two to tinker around for now then. I haven't had LEGO's in years and stumbled in this thread and haven't been able to stop thinking about getting back into it.

ghostmind

Remember the new minifig distribution (only 2 full sets in a box of 60) in Series 9 boxes that has some up in arms? Word is the reason for this change is that LEGO is introducing an alternate 30-minifig box, which would allow you to get a full set plus 14 randoms.

So it is a double-edge sword. People who buy a box of 60 will only get 2 complete sets instead of 3, but the option is now there to buy a box of 30 instead, which is a cheaper path for individual buyers who aren't splitting with others.

Of course, TLG could have just made a box of 32 and had 2 complete sets, but they are in the business of making money after all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
D oes anyone know if the US lego.com will ship to the UK? Want the karate friends set but its not showing up here just yet

If I go to the US page I'm still logged in and my VIP points show up in dollars (I'd much prefer £50 over $50 though)

Chuck

Still without luck
Update from work. They changed some dates.

New Star Wars stuff is now January 1st, along with Arkham Asylum (store exclusive) and the Horrizon Express (also exclusive). All else is as stated yesterday.

D oes anyone know if the US lego.com will ship to the UK? Want the karate friends set but its not showing up here just yet

If I go to the US page I'm still logged in and my VIP points show up in dollars (I'd much prefer £50 over $50 though)

I don't think that's possible, people would exploit the cheaper prices in other regions, the whole world would be buying in the US Lego store.

iuuk

Like The Omega Man said, that's not possible for obvious reasons. If you really want it you can buy it here, they say they do ship abroad, so you can give it a try (I doubt they'll ship cheap, but neither would US Lego).

They also already have new Star Wars sets such as the Rancor Pit and A-wing.

By the way: no-one here who can help me with my sopwith :(? I guess it works so I'll leave it as is, but I would like to know just how stupid I am.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Like The Omega Man said, that's not possible for obvious reasons. If you really want it you can buy it here, they say they do ship abroad, so you can give it a try (I doubt they'll ship cheap, but neither would US Lego).

They also already have new Star Wars sets such as the Rancor Pit and A-wing.

By the way: no-one here who can help me with my sopwith :(? I guess it works so I'll leave it as is, but I would like to know just how stupid I am.

Thanks. Can't help with the sopwith. I remember a few things being weird with the build, but that part was fine, if I remember right there should be a little black peg that the white technic beam clips onto

iuuk

Thanks. Can't help with the sopwith. I remember a few things being weird with the build, but that part was fine, if I remember right there should be a little black peg that the white technic beam clips onto
Oh God... You actually just helped me, that answers the question of how stupid I am; ridiculously. I didn't actually clip it onto the beam, I just let it rest there.

kilongs

Damn this thread!

I bought the Imperial Shuttle...now I have to come up with an excuse as to why I spent that much on myself, while we still have christmas shopping to do, lol.

Damn this thread!

I bought the Imperial Shuttle...now I have to come up with an excuse as to why I spent that much on myself, while we still have christmas shopping to do, lol.

Just tell her it should be good value, and to consider it an...investment

lol

It kinda IS though, with the way prices have been rising for the UCS sets

R-User!

Damn this thread!

R u a dad?

If so; early fathers day gift! You bought it on sale before it "disappears"!!

kilongs

Just tell her it should be good value, and to consider it an...investment

lol

It kinda IS though, with the way prices have been rising for the UCS sets

Me: Babe, its an investment. In a couple of years its gonna be worth much more!
Her: Okay, so you'll sell it then?
Me: .....Nooo.....
Her: *Death Stare*

Remember the new minifig distribution (only 2 full sets in a box of 60) in Series 9 boxes that has some up in arms? Word is the reason for this change is that LEGO is introducing an alternate 30-minifig box, which would allow you to get a full set plus 14 randoms.

So it is a double-edge sword. People who buy a box of 60 will only get 2 complete sets instead of 3, but the option is now there to buy a box of 30 instead, which is a cheaper path for individual buyers who aren't splitting with others.

Of course, TLG could have just made a box of 32 and had 2 complete sets, but they are in the business of making money after all.

that actually sounds ok, if I can get a box of 30 I would not hesitate, is this official or just a rumour for now?!

sounds about right ^^

R-User!

You: Awkward smile

Edit: Just change your "...nooo..." to "...well it depends on if its going for more or less than 2 grand!! When you say 2 grand she'll realize that it might be worth keeping in case you're ever in a jam: maternal instinct and all that!

LOL, well tbh, be glad you might not HAVE to sell it if all goes according to plan, however, if the shit hits the fan, just know that you COULD always sell it! (and i'm pretty sure you would then)

or something ;)

Do you know how many times I've used that line? Ok, once. To get Fire Brigade.

But after Christmas you can bet I'll be using it to get Grand Emporium & Winter Village Bakery.

Where can I buy these boxes at a fair price? I might go for 30 or the 60 with another person.

Chris R

Amazon tempts me with a $20 off coupon for toys over $100... Brings Fire Brigade down under $100 but I still looking to see if another set is more tempting (BAD IMPERIAL SHUTTLE, STAY AWAY!)

neonglow

Yeah, looking at that set built in a display in a Lego store allowed me to realize that the ppb ratio was good but deceptive: lots of pieces, but mostly tiny pieces... :/ or at least that's how it looked; is it true? Is it mostly tiny pieces?

The majority of pieces are 1x1 and 1x2 plates. A lot of the steps are combining a bunch of 1x1 plates to make pillars.

neonglow

Amazon tempts me with a $20 off coupon for toys over $100... Brings Fire Brigade down under $100 but I still looking to see if another set is more tempting (BAD IMPERIAL SHUTTLE, STAY AWAY!)

I used it to get the Shuttle Expedition and free Gund Bear for $65.

Do you know how many times I've used that line? Ok, once. To get Fire Brigade.

But after Christmas you can bet I'll be using it to get Grand Emporium & Winter Village Bakery.

It's the joy of having children for proxy. I bought Grand Emporium and Pet Shop "for my daughters" for this Christmas. Oh man so excited oh man oh man.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Any indication of the final Ninjago wave being released soon at S@H/The LEGO Store/TRU? B&N has their sets scheduled for the last week of January.

Any indication of the final Ninjago wave being released soon at S@H/The LEGO Store/TRU? B&N has their sets scheduled for the last week of January.

The dates on BN are wonky usually. They have Hobbit sets listed on the site and in store as coming out 12/15 even though theyve been out for weeks now.

(Hoping local store gets sets tomorrow so I can exploit coupon on Bag End.)

I used to use the excuse that I'm buying the Friends sets or some other sets for my cousins and stuff but now I just buy them without excuses. The employees there know me well enough...=)

Top Bottom