• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

lingiii

Banned
What set do I need to buy to get one of these god sends?

pic0B3890F244D6719BF0956969B105D999.jpg

Bought a couple sets for the first time in probably 10 years and I felt like taking one apart and messing around with making my own creation and I forgot how hard some pieces can be to take apart.

physical lego stores will sell them -- or just give you one if the clerk is nice enough, I got one from the store in Downtown Disney just by chatting with the dude. otherwise bigger sets come with them. for sure UCS B Wing and Deathstar did, I got one from each of those.

physical lego stores will sell them -- or just give you one if the clerk is nice enough, I got one from the store in Downtown Disney just by chatting with the dude. otherwise bigger sets come with them. for sure UCS B Wing and Deathstar did, I got one from each of those.

Will probably have to buy a bigger set. The closest LEGO store is about 40 minutes from me. May be near there for some XMas shopping soon though. I'll convince the SO that we NEED to go there for some reason or another.

Thanks!

iuuk

Buy the Sopwith Camel. Great set, and comes with a god send.

Fortunately, the imperial shuttle has always been the least interesting star wars ship to me, whether in its current lego iteration or when playing with other toys as a kid. I'd have to be a millionaire before I'd spend anywhere near its current price on it. It going out of print does not pain me in the slightest when disposable money and lego space are such premiums. It's just the y wing, x wing, A wing, and tie fighter piquing my interest for now. Knowing I'll probably never get the current death star hurts pretty bad. Maybe if I buy NOTHING but food from now until like summer, I can get away with buying it..... but then no smaller ships, lotr, hobbit, arkham, summer castle sets. The Falcon looks sick too.
In that case; go for it. Save some money, wait for nice discounts and buy cheap. They are all very recent sets, so I think it will take a while before they go OOP. Start with the X-wing or Tie-Fighter and work your way down via Y-wing, Snow Speeder and A-wing. Then weep when the B-wing is released.

As said I have no more room for my Lego sets, so I have to store my Star Wars sets at my parents' house, because I refuse to put that brilliant Imperial Shuttle in the closet:

I Also just ordered the A-wing just to make sure I didn't have any room left, even at my parents' house.

Love the stands for the X-wing and Tie Fighter. Any chance you could give us a run down on how you made them?

Buy the Sopwith Camel. Great set, and comes with a god send.

In that case; go for it. Save some money, wait for nice discounts and buy cheap. They are all very recent sets, so I think it will take a while before they go OOP. Start with the X-wing or Tie-Fighter and work your way down via Y-wing, Snow Speeder and A-wing. Then weep when the B-wing is released.

I thought this one was OOP?

iuuk

Love the stands for the X-wing and Tie Fighter. Any chance you could give us a run down on how you made them?
I'll see what I can do on the Tie Fighter, since that was mostly improvisation with the very few bricks I have. It's very much like how the Imperial Shuttle stand is made, only with fewer bricks. The X-wing is extremely simple. What you see is what you get, that stand is just a lot of black bricks on top of each other. A couple of 2x2 on a slanted brick (4 high) next to four 2x1 on a 3x2 on a couple of 4x2. Then make your baseplate however you like. It's definitely not strong, but it's all I had. If I had the bricks I would have supported it with a long rod in the middle (like the snowspeeder stand).

I thought this one was OOP?
The one I've got is, but there's a new one coming, isn't there?

Bought a couple sets for the first time in probably 10 years and I felt like taking one apart and messing around with making my own creation and I forgot how hard some pieces can be to take apart.

If you want to get it in a set the Minecraft set is around $30 and comes with one. It's where I got mine.

There's one in the Vampyre Castle.

It's a fantastic set, not *too* expensive and it likely won't be around much longer.

Been meaning to ask, i don't usually like these arranged situation sets but these Monster Fighter sets just looks so cute and fun to me, are those an IP from somewhere or are they by Lego themselves?

lingiii

Banned
What's up with Imperial Shuttle? Yesterday FBTB http://www.fbtb.net/ noted it was on sale at Amazon and I went to today to grab it and was greeted by:

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

I wanna grab the set before it goes OOP soon. I have enough VIP points to get basically the same discount from S@H, but I was curious what's up here.

R-User!

What's up with Imperial Shuttle? Yesterday FBTB http://www.fbtb.net/ noted it was on sale at Amazon and I went to today to grab it and was greeted by:

I wanna grab the set before it goes OOP soon. I have enough VIP points to get basically the same discount from S@H, but I was curious what's up here.

Yeah, I'd like to know too, cuz my order shipped, and I hope it doesn't come to me crushed or something... :/

Also, if I bought from Amazon today, and 3 days from now their price drops, do they price match against future sales like so retailers do?

Surprised anyone has trouble getting the new brick separators now...seems any decent sized set has them packed in so my apartment is full of the suckers...I have one on my computer desk right now, haha!

iuuk

Surprised anyone has trouble getting the new brick separators now...seems any decent sized set has them packed in so my apartment is full of the suckers...I have one on my computer desk right now, haha!
It really depends on which sets you buy. Since my Lego revival I bought;

Star Wars Planets (6)
Some Random Star Wars sets for figs and Snow Speeder
Tie Fighter
X-Wing
Shuttle Expedition
Sopwith Camel
Volkswagen Camper Van
Fire Brigade
Imperial Flagship
Imperial Shuttle

And out of all those sets (4 of which more expensive than the Sopwith) only the Camel had a brick separator. Strangely I didn't need it for the Sopwith Camel, but I did definitely need it for the Fire Brigade I built right after that.
So yeah, it may not be difficult to find one if you're one of the thread's guru's who seem to buy a set a day, but it is for someone like me ;).

Looks like Amazon Warehouse finally got around to updating their LEGO section. They have a Grand Emporium for $142.44 and the hard to find, OOP, Sonic Boom for $79.98.

Apologies for the lack of links, posting from my iPhone.

It really depends on which sets you buy. Since my Lego revival I bought;

Star Wars Planets (6)
Some Random Star Wars sets for figs and Snow Speeder
Tie Fighter
X-Wing
Shuttle Expedition
Sopwith Camel
Volkswagen Camper Van
Fire Brigade
Imperial Flagship
Imperial Shuttle

And out of all those sets (4 of which more expensive than the Sopwith) only the Camel had a brick separator. Strangely I didn't need it for the Sopwith Camel, but I did definitely need it for the Fire Brigade I built right after that.
So yeah, it may not be difficult to find one if you're one of the thread's guru's who seem to buy a set a day, but it is for someone like me ;).

Haha, sorry if that came off wrong, I may be just very fortunate with the sets I've bought. I'm a lightweight spender compared to others here!

tenchir

Just got back from the Lego store. They are giving away a 24 piece Friends bag if you purchased any Lego Friends set. I bought a 5.99 Lego Friends Baking set and still got one.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Wife told me I had $100 left for Christmas. I said lets go to walmart, I will point right at what I want. They have had 1 Millennium Falcon sitting on the shelf for 2 months at 99.99. I could never talk her into getting it, or I wanted other sets instead. Went to walmart and......GONE. So i picked up the Tie fighter for $35 and the X-wing for $59. I wanted the Falcon for 99, but I can still get it later for 140. Oh well. So now my christmas LEGO that I know of will be, X-wing, Tie Fighter, Imperial Shuttle, Pet Shop, & Grand Emporium. Can't complain.

They can all fit in Bag End.

Bofur going to stab bonbur
Nice! I just finished that set about an hour ago. Very happy with it. Nice colours and lots of little details. The bay window by Bilbo's desk is a simple, but brilliant use of atypical pieces and the sticker for the cover of Bilbo's book even has the initials "B.B." on it. It's one of those sets that looks better in person than in pictures. Highly recommended!

No go for QAR in Barnes and Noble. They found one other store with stock but they couldn't locate it in the store. Will have to wait for whenever Lego decides to release another nice ship.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So the Great Target Clearance has begun. Picked up the following awesome sets:

LEGO City Bank & Money Transfer (3661) - $25
LEGO City Dump Truck (4434) - $8 (BOGO 50% off all City sets)

You never realize how great some sets are until they're half the price. :)

ghostmind

A bunch of different 2013 Star Wars, TMNT, Ninjago, City and Super Heroes sets are now available on Amazon - just start searching for the set numbers.

Also, Ninjago, Star Wars and Super Heroes are now showing up on TRU shelves in the USA - if you are willing to pay their price.

A bunch of different 2013 Star Wars, TMNT, Ninjago, City and Super Heroes sets are now available on Amazon - just start searching for the set numbers.

Also, Ninjago, Star Wars and Super Heroes are now showing up on TRU shelves in the USA - if you are willing to pay their price.

Getting Doctor Doom mini fig for christmas might be worth it.

So the Great Target Clearance has begun. Picked up the following awesome sets:

LEGO City Bank & Money Transfer (3661) - $25
LEGO City Dump Truck (4434) - $8 (BOGO 50% off all City sets)

You never realize how great some sets are until they're half the price. :)

Found out one of mine started this, too! Kinda weird that it is happening right before Christmas, but I'll take it!

Along with yours, mine has Naboo Starfighter for $35, and the mini star wars sets for $7. Our asphalt trucks are $14 clearanced out, too.

Fowler

Finished Bag End. Awesome set, looks cool, and building the big window is AWESOME. Didn't know you could use the pieces you used in THAT way!

Only problem: The baseplates don't seem to fit together properly for me. Tried turning them around and using different pieces in different places, but there's always a weird flex that gets worse as you add more pieces across the plates.

Top Bottom