• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Young man would you be able to help me the direction.
hTLbUxPl.jpg

Fierce Flyer is pretty cool build especially at $10.00. I might pick up couple more.

I love many things in this picture.

Tower Bridge reconstruction complete. Phew. That was a chore, but so worth it. And I barely had to touch my Mansion MOC to pull it off. Just a few pieces here and there, but easily fixed with some color changes. I did have to do a color substitution in the bridge though. As stated in an earlier post, I was missing 8 of a tan piece. So now one tower has some gray in it with that section. I will just say it was vandals.

I forgot just how damn big Tower Bridge is once completed. A true monster of a set.

Thinking of rebuilding the Quinjet next. Add it to the Sopwith and Sonic Boom line up. Maybe make some display stands for all three planes.

EDIT: CRAPPY LATE NIGHT LIGHTING PICS AHOY!

EPIC BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE!

ENT VS. TYRANNOSAUR!

Yeah, I need sleep.

cayulinson

Neo Member
After being the first child in my family, my brothers took all of my lego pieces and just lost them!!
now im starting (after 10 - 14 years) to buy some lego boxes again, my ex-fiancé gave to me my first box, then other. but those are some standard boxes, like...1000 pieces more or less, but not something specific to construct (i think that is awesome!)

Now...what do you recommend me to buy?? im thinking in some Star Wars box, like the Death Star or the Millenium Falcon. some advices??

great op and...see ya!!

yeah, I'll be getting that. It will look great in front of Town Hall. Perhaps with a little Back to the Future modification to the clock tower?

ghostmind

Releasing on July 18th - this Thursday!

Press release will be added when LEGO sends one out - they are keeping things very close to the vest on this one.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Looks great! Will this be a limited run? Minecraft is available on the online store, although it was obviously hard to come by at the start, so I'm guessing not?

Jimbro72

I think I'll try to get this via S@H. I don't want to bother with any nonsense that could be going on at the actual LEGO store.

I'm definitely going the S@H route with this one. Add in another set with it and I'll finally get that hot dog cart. I wonder just how early it will be available for order online Thursday morning. And, subsequently, how quickly this first batch will sell out.

ghostmind

After being the first child in my family, my brothers took all of my lego pieces and just lost them!!
now im starting (after 10 - 14 years) to buy some lego boxes again, my ex-fiancé gave to me my first box, then other. but those are some standard boxes, like...1000 pieces more or less, but not something specific to construct (i think that is awesome!)

Now...what do you recommend me to buy?? im thinking in some Star Wars box, like the Death Star or the Millenium Falcon. some advices??

great op and...see ya!!

If you want to go big with your first new set, then the Death Star is the one to get. A fun build, great display, and a nice showcase for future minifig purchases.

I'm definitely going the S@H route with this one. Add in another set with it and I'll finally get that hot dog cart. I wonder just how early it will be available for order online Thursday morning. And, subsequently, how quickly this first batch will sell out.

Curious about this as well. Might be a late Wednesday night for me.

I think I'll try to get this via S@H. I don't want to bother with any nonsense that could be going on at the actual LEGO store.

Doing S@H myself for this too. Not just because I am working on Thursday when it releases, but I feel speculators will be hounding the store worse than anything, and I dont want to meet any of them.

What is the expected MSRP on this? $40-$50? Then the question now is what to order to put it over the free shipping threshold? If only Dolphin Cruiser were available now.

great op and...see ya!!

As Ghostmind said: Death Star.

Looks great! Will this be a limited run? Minecraft is available on the online store, although it was obviously hard to come by at the start, so I'm guessing not?

I am hoping they learned their lesson from Minecraft and manufactured tons of the BTTF set. It also has much bigger crossover with the general public than Minecraft does.

I will buy that online the minute it shows up...might also just go to the store myself, we shall see but I really want that set. Wish I had the DVD's to watch while I built it...maybe I'll borrow my parent's copy.

I finally got round to building my SS Christmas present!
sadly I cannot remember who gave it to me -.- and the original thread gives me no hint...

so awesome, my first architecture set and I think for its scale it captures the original really well.
might have to get its big brother now...

Rootbeer

Banned
Found the summer SW sets at Target. New Yoda minifig is a nice improvement. Also found even more sets on clearance. Sewer Lair for $41 and several galaxy squad sets for 30% off. Then, went to a different Target and found the Castle sets.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Such an ugly car. wonder how difficult it'd be to put the shallow slope on like that other MOC?

The weird thing is, this little set makes me kind of want to buy the town hall..

Need to sell my sopwith camel and 2x Helms deep first

Found the summer SW sets at Target. New Yoda minifig is a nice improvement. Also found even more sets on clearance. Sewer Lair for $41 and several galaxy squad sets for 30% off. Then, went to a different Target and found the Castle sets.

I think it's vary from stores to stores what get put on sale. I went to one store and they have Batman Tumbler on sale for $26.00 of course, a speculator put all 6 in his cart. When I ask him about it, he told me there are other Targets (there are none on sale at other Targets near me). Really turn me off to this hobby, good thing for this thread help keeping the faith in humanity.

If you want to go big with your first new set, then the Death Star is the one to get. A fun build, great display, and a nice showcase for future minifig purchases.

Man you guys are terrible (in a good way). Poor guy just now dipping his toe back and you two told him to go get Death Star. I think it's depends what theme you are into, if you like Star Wars but don't want to spend $400.00 I would say the Sith Fury is a good set. It certainly got me back into LEGO.

I remember seeing someone on Eurobricks do it and I honestly tried to give it a shot...but has anyone tried to convert a Playmobil set into Lego?

PMBILVU.jpg

This is the set I tried to convert into a Lego set but that curved wall gave me hell...I wouldn't mind giving it another go down the line though, I love Lego but I got a lot of fun looking at those Playmobil catalogs as a kid.

What's the best way to get a red spacemen for cheap? I want a Hibito ;)

Depends if you want used or not and if you want an authentic vintage red spaceman or the reissue. Reissue doesn't have the classic helmet and uses a newer mould.

New reissued ones go for $10 on Bricklink.

On eBay you can pay around $20 for "Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1" set which includes the red spaceman reissue.

Used for original minifig varies greatly as does the quality.

OK, now that my flashgasm is over. Is anyone else getting sick of all the batmobiles? Don't get me wrong, I like the design, but I'd prefer some other type of set. So many Batman vehicle chase sets. I think 1 Batmobile a year should be the limit.

Top Bottom