• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

enewtabie

Whats the best way to get rid of your Legos. I'm going to have to reduce my backlog. I have many boxes with all the pieces/figures and instructions that I had on display that I want to sell. I have a bunch of unopened boxes too. I don't want to deal with craigslist. Would one of those ebay places work?

Frostburn

Whats the best way to get rid of your Legos. I'm going to have to reduce my backlog. I have many boxes with all the pieces/figures and instructions that I had on display that I want to sell. I have a bunch of unopened boxes too. I don't want to deal with craigslist. Would one of those ebay places work?

You can try selling them here and/or the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, also Bricklink.com

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Gotta say, the vehicles in that Batman set are looking pretty shit. That, and of all the villians they choose to have a car chase with, it's the Riddler? Baffling.

Hell of a price to pay for a Flash fig- think i'll just Bricklink him.

Vyer

posted yet? Set announced based on the LEGO Movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106515

8AVweEw.jpg

Inspired by pivotal scenes in the film and starring key LEGO minifigure characters, a collection of 17 LEGO building sets will deliver all of the "THE LEGO MOVIE" action to the playroom. Fans will delight in highly detailed and functional vehicles and structures that reflect the creative versatility of the movie's many LEGO themed backdrops, such as City, Wild West, and Space. Comic-Con International attendees in San Diego, California will see the first "THE LEGO MOVIE" building set unveiled at the LEGO booth (#2829) on Saturday, July 20.

Also a video game:
In related news, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that the chart-topping and award-winning LEGO videogames franchise from TT Games will include an epic gaming experience based on the film across all major console and handheld gaming systems. With more than 90 playable characters inspired by the film and 15 exciting levels, kids will be able to build an adventure like never before.

This is interesting:
Additionally, the company's line of collectible LEGO Minifigures will receive its first Hollywood makeover with a series inspired by "THE LEGO MOVIE" cast of 16 new and "new-again" LEGO characters

ghostmind

The full press release:

LEGO Group Builds Creative Merchandising Program for “THE LEGO® MOVIE”

-First of 17 Building Sets, Playable Video Game Demo to be Displayed at Comic-Con-

SAN DIEGO, July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL — The LEGO Group today announced that it will produce a collection of movie-inspired building sets celebrating the brand’s premiere as a theatrical film. The company has recruited an impressive roster of global partners to a broad, multi-category licensing program to support the much anticipated animated adventure film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and produced by Dan Lin and Roy Lee, “THE LEGO® MOVIE” is rapidly building buzz following its first released trailer and assembles on the big screen starting in February 2014.

“The LEGO brand has been a vehicle for creative storytelling around the world for decades, so it’s no surprise that there is such growing enthusiasm for the first LEGO theatrical film,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. “We are thrilled to collaborate with our valued partners to build a varied and compelling portfolio of products through which fans of all ages can celebrate this LEGO brand milestone.”

Building Sets
Inspired by pivotal scenes in the film and starring key LEGO minifigure characters, a collection of 17 LEGO building sets will deliver all of the “THE LEGO MOVIE” action to the playroom. Fans will delight in highly detailed and functional vehicles and structures that reflect the creative versatility of the movie’s many LEGO themed backdrops, such as City, Wild West, and Space. Comic-Con International attendees in San Diego, California will see the first “THE LEGO MOVIE” building set unveiled at the LEGO booth (#2829) on Saturday, July 20.

Additionally, the company’s line of collectible LEGO Minifigures will receive its first Hollywood makeover with a series inspired by “THE LEGO MOVIE” cast of 16 new and “new-again” LEGO characters.

Videogame
In related news, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that the chart-topping and award-winning LEGO videogames franchise from TT Games will include an epic gaming experience based on the film across all major console and handheld gaming systems. With more than 90 playable characters inspired by the film and 15 exciting levels, kids will be able to build an adventure like never before.

Movie-Inspired Merchandise
A roster of global licensees covering several categories will immerse filmgoers in the world of “THE LEGO MOVIE.” Perennial publishing partners Scholastic, Penguin, Ameet and DK Publishing will offer a range of readers, sticker books, activity books and movie guides. Apparel partners include T-shirts from Mad Engine, Isaac Morris, Kabooki, TV Mania and Casco Blu, hoodies from TV Mania, pajamas from SGI Apparel, TV Mania and Kabooki and undergarments from Handcraft Mfg. and Kabooki. Carry Gear and Grown Up will offer bags, including backpacks and cinch bags. Clic Time is producing clocks and buildable watches. MZB Imagination and Funtastic are creating an array of stationery items including notebooks, journals, folders, pens, pencils and pencil cases, erasers, rulers and luggage/bag tags. Functional key lights featuring movie characters are being produced by IQ HK. Storage partner ROOM Copenhagen is producing a lunchbox, lunch set, drinking bottle and storage and sorting boxes.

The Feature Film
“THE LEGO MOVIE” opens in some global markets the first week of February, 2014. The 3D computer animated adventure tells the story of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

“THE LEGO MOVIE” stars Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Nick Offerman, Alison Brie and Charlie Day, with Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman, as the voices of the animated characters. The film is directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller (“21 Jump Street,” “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”) from their original screenplay, story by Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, based on LEGO construction toys. It will incorporate some of the LEGO world’s most popular figures while introducing several new characters, inviting fans who have enjoyed the brand’s innovative toys and hugely popular video games for generations to experience their visually unique LEGO world as never seen before. The film is produced by Dan Lin (“Sherlock Holmes,” “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”) and Roy Lee (“The Departed,” “How to Train Your Dragon”). “THE LEGO MOVIE” will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.

LEGO, its logo, the brick and knob configuration and the Minifigure are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2013 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

Gotta say, the vehicles in that Batman set are looking pretty shit. That, and of all the villians they choose to have a car chase with, it's the Riddler? Baffling.

Hell of a price to pay for a Flash fig- think i'll just Bricklink him.

"Riddle me this, batman: why can't dc figure out how to market any superhero series but ours?"

ghostmind

Yes, that is very interesting news, indeed. As far as the set they just showed, I like the police vehicle but that cycle I could totally do without. I look forward to seeing what these other 16 sets consist of. Sounds very promising!

Downside is that I see a ton of stickers on that set - not transparent ones either. Hopefully that is not the norm for the whole range, as Classic Space, etc did not have a lot of stickers.

I would think that LEGO would be bringing their "A-game" for this theme though.

Jimbro72

Downside is that I see a ton of stickers on that set - not transparent ones either. Hopefully that is not the norm for the whole range, as Classic Space, etc did not have a lot of stickers.

I would think that LEGO would be bringing their "A-game" for this theme though.

Sadly, I have a feeling we will see a lot of stickers on these sets as that is the direction LEGO has been headed in a while. In taking apart a lot of my older SW sets this past month, I've noticed how few stickers and how many printed pieces they used back in those early years. Now, complete opposite. Very few printed pieces and a sheet full of stickers to apply in every set. Such a shame.

ghostmind

Sadly, I have a feeling we will see a lot of stickers on these sets as that is the direction LEGO has been headed in a while. In taking apart a lot of my older SW sets this past month, I've noticed how few stickers and how many printed pieces they used back in those early years. Now, complete opposite. Very few printed pieces and a sheet full of stickers to apply in every set. Such a shame.

I don't mind if they are the transparent-type, like those found in the Galaxy Squad theme, as those do not have color-matching issues with the bricks they are being affixed to, but as we can see from this set at least - these are not that type.

ghostmind

too bad the movie appears to be not good.

Not good for whom though?

It's going to be aimed at kids, with some in-jokes from known actors for the parents that have been forced to take their kids to the movie.

I'm not expecting a good movie for an AFOL like myself - I'm going to see it because I know my son wants to see it, but I really don't care about it, other than what it could do for the brand. I'm more interested in the actual sets/minifigs that TLG creates to support the movie.

Fowler

Had no expectations for the movie, but was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. I was ready to forget the LEGO movie existed, but now I actually (gasp) want to see it!

Jimbro72

I don't mind if they are the transparent-type, like those found in the Galaxy Squad theme, as those do not have color-matching issues with the bricks they are being affixed to, but as we can see from this set at least - these are not that type.

Ah, yeah, I get what you mean now. Transparent stickers are definitely preferred over the solid colored stickers.

I wonder when they will be showing off more of these 16 other sets. More reveals during SDCC or is this one set it until later this year?

Damn, I haven't been in the thread for days thanks to the Steam sale. And I come back to this awesome stuff?!

Amazing! Can't wait to own the set!

BrickShow just posted a video about this set an they thought this might be a Batgirl set. But if you zoom in on the photo, it's clearly Batman with a new utility belt.

This is another must buy set!

Vyer

Seventeen sets distributed amongst the classic LEGO settings (city, space, western, etc)?

A sixteen minifig CMF dedicated to this movie?

This could be the theme to end all themes - very excited!

Gonna have to go through the trailer again and see if I can guess who will be in the minifig line.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
You know the most interesting thing about these movie sets, right?

They're the first movie licensed sets and theme in over the last 10 years not to use the fleshie figs. Small victories! If they include Batman in the sets too though (as per film trailer) wont this mean they're the first official set to include both yellow and flesh figs?

Excited either way- glad the femfig from the trailer is real and ownable :)

R-User!

Hotel Transylvania was fun, so I imagine being that we love LEGO, we would love to see the first big screen iteration of our hobby come to fruition! The nostalgic moments will probably bring a tear to some of our eyes if the film succeeds in executing the nostalgia factor. :)

Can't wait to see what the other 16 sets look like!

rallaren

http://i.imgur.com/Hxao3Ra.jpg[IMG]

LEGO Batman: The Riddler Chase (304pcs; $29.99; Jan 2014)

(one of the SDCC reveal sets)[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of [URL="http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6526-1"]6526 Red Line Racer[/URL] I had when I was a kid.
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ojRGc4Y.jpg
The wheels used to go off quite alot there in the front (and in the back too I think).

TRU had the new Star Wars sets in, and all with the wonderful TRU tax too. Crazy expensive.

However, there was no new Friends sets in sight. :( No Dolphin Cruiser for me.

TRU had the new Star Wars sets in, and all with the wonderful TRU tax too. Crazy expensive.

However, there was no new Friends sets in sight. :( No Dolphin Cruiser for me.

TRU tax make shopping at TRU a bummer. What set do they have at your store? I am going to stop by mine this evening before work.

TRU tax make shopping at TRU a bummer. What set do they have at your store? I am going to stop by mine this evening before work.

Sail Barge, Clone Gunship, AT-RT (or whatever the big walker tank is), Geonosis battle or something, and then one more.

I was just laughing at the $140 for the gunship and barge, and was $120 for the AT-RT I think.

EDIT: Sorry for the lazy previous post. This is what they had:
75021-1.jpg

75016-1.jpg

75017-1.jpg

75018-1.jpg

75019-1.jpg

75020-1.jpg

Well, beside Superman' DC doesn't really have well known characters like Marvel, especially with the recent success of the Avengers. As for Spidey cycle, you know I always ignore those vehicles like Spider race car or jet in the action figures line, not sure why I am more annoy with LEGO. They are also kid toys.

I am thinking may be their contract probably doesn't allow selling of individual figures, or they need to at least you know make it about building. I can't imagine that they would not have more set line up for this fall to coincide with Marvel LEGO video games.

As for iconic scene I was thinking may be battle with Green Goblin on Brooklyn Bridge, but Gwen falling to her dead is probably too morbid for kids,

Someone else mentioned Batgirl in a post. That would be a great one to do!

Would be interesting if they did some Super Heroes with the minidolls. Halloween Friends set where some of the friends are dressed as Super Heroes.

So dreaming of a Hall of Justice HQ for Justice League, Superman retro Fortress of Solitude, Wonder Woman Paradise Island, Green Lantern corp set, etc.

Thanks to Hasbro, you are probably correct regarding the individual Super Heroes sold as CMFs, but it really depends on the contract Marvel and Warner Bros made with the other toy companies. Hasbro has the rights for all Star Wars action figures and they argued the minifigs were "action figures" when sold on the magnets. Grrrr.... They could always do polybag Super Hero CMFs. :)

Jimbro72

Sail Barge, Clone Gunship, AT-RT (or whatever the big walker tank is), Geonosis battle or something, and then one more.

I was just laughing at the $140 for the gunship and barge, and was $120 for the AT-RT I think.

And this is why I buy about one set a year at TRU and give all my business to other places like Amazon.

And this is why I buy about one set a year at TRU and give all my business to other places like Amazon.

BOGO time you can get a decent deal. At least on non Star Wars stuff. But I am patient with these sets. Nothing I really want immediately, but some cool stuff I want eventually. Like the AT-TE and Gunship.

Jimbro72

BOGO time you can get a decent deal. At least on non Star Wars stuff. But I am patient with these sets. Nothing I really want immediately, but some cool stuff I want eventually. Like the AT-TE and Gunship.

That is usually when I'll actually buy from TRU, during a BOGO, which still is not always the best deal, or during those times where you can use a 20% off coupon. And even then, I stick to only TRU exclusive sets since you can't get those on Amazon. I'm patient, too, so I generally try to only buy sets if I can get it for 20% off or more. Some LEGO exclusives are an exception to that rule. So, as you can imagine, I rarely buy sets when they are first released.

ghostmind

I am picking up all the sets - eventually. Unlike last year though, when I just bought them all in one shot, I'm going to spread them out as sale opportunities occur. My backlog will keep me busy.

That Robin and Redbird Cycle polybag is fetching $60 on eBay right now. Crazy for a non-exclusive minifig.

Wondering when this plastic bubble will burst. I think with Cuusoo stuff like BttF, the LEGO movie, Ninjago, new Star Wars, etc. it may still be a quite a while.

I may have to jump on this polybag wagon and start reselling if I can get crazy prices like that.

P.S. I'm not constantly checking this thread for new LEGO news. O_O

Ponn

Banned
It is finished. I left HH half built and over the weekend decided to just start the tower.

I'm gonna takk a piss

Wait your not Magneto

Like the detail on the smaller rooms. There really isn't room to do much or set a scene but the details in each room is great as a display piece

I was expecting some repetitive building given the outside of the tower but there was enough variety in the floors to keep it entertaining. And I will admit I got giddy after each floor was finished and it kept getting taller, and taller, and taller. Really enjoy how the front goes together and how freaking slick and evil it looks.

Cruzito

Neo Member
Vacationing in Florida for the next two weeks.
Visited Legoland and the new World of Chima today. Little one, wife, and (and hell yeah, me too!) had a blast before the rain took over in the afternoon.

Here's our Lego haul from Legoland for today:
GTp7MtGl.jpg

Was shocked to see new Star Wars sets!
Legoland also had the new 60026 City Town Square and 70014 Chima Croc Swamp Hideout.

Stopped off in Target on the way back to our hotel and found these on clearance:
rhLxmY0l.jpg

These are my first intro into the bug world! So excited!

Top Bottom