• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Regarding BttF availability:

LEGO Back to the Future is available this week in limited quantities at the LEGO booth at San Diego Comic Con and participating European LEGO stores. It will go on sale globally August 1st via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores, and select retail partners.

ghostmind

We break from our ongoing news coverage to bring you... minions.

5UY4mno.jpg

(MOC by Joachim)

R-User!

I am picking up all the sets - eventually. Unlike last year though, when I just bought them all in one shot, I'm going to spread them out as sale opportunities occur. My backlog will keep me busy.

You're coming around to the cheap side of the Force I see... :)

R-User!

As much fun as this was... yes.

ib24UTcgKUx1DG.JPG

Remember, it just means you can afford MORE LEGO! :)

Edit: I'm going to finish UCSIS right now; my son and wife werent feeling doing all of the last wing, so I can't wait any longer, so I'm going to finish it tonight!

*Imperial March Music*
Blah! Blah! Blaah!
Blah! Blah-Blah!
Blah! Blah-Blah!

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!
BLAH! BLAH-BLAH!
Blah! blah-blah!

Super happy. Stopped by Target today and they had Weathertop on clearance for $55.11 with tax Canadian. They had three left so i picked one up. Knowing it's retired and the normal price had me convinced i would never own it. So glad i made the stop.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
FBTB is speculating that the UCS B-wing has gone OOP, which would be a very short shelf-life for a UCS set.

The fact it was on sale here in the UK, but not listed as such online, to quietly flush it out of the shops would corroborate that.

BTW, on the BTTF front - UK stores seem to have stock. So you can walk in and get em tomorrow, probably.

ghostmind

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO (July 17, 2013) -- Delighting LEGO® and Minecraft fans across the globe, The LEGO Group today announced it is extending its relationship with Swedish game developer Mojang to build on the blockbuster success of its first LEGO Minecraft building set to add two new models that will be released September 1, 2013.

LEGO Minecraft provides the opportunity to build, reconfigure and create new Minecraft micro-worlds in a physical LEGO way. The two new 3"x3"x3" models, The Village and The Nether, are on display for the first time at Comic-Con International in San Diego. Fans can also enjoy and take pictures with a large interactive 3D mosaic complete with Micromob character props at the LEGO booth (#2829).

"LEGO Minecraft is a perfect example of how people's passions can be amplified when digital and physical interests are combined, and there couldn't be more synergy between the engine that drives the Minecraft gaming experience and the creative fuel of a LEGO building experience," said Michelle Wilson, senior brand manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. "We are thrilled to continue our collaboration with Mojang to create new Minecraft characters and environments in LEGO form so that fans can get as creative as they'd like in their physical world as in their digital one."

"There's no doubt about the connection between LEGO building and Minecraft -- not only the design similarities, but the immense creativity that our fan bases share," said Lydia Winters, Mojang's director of fun. "Given how well received the first model was last year, we can't wait to see what fans think of these new designs."

LEGO Minecraft New Product Highlights

The Village

With this model, fans can create and customize their own Minecraft village with LEGO bricks. Just like the game, fans can build houses, grow crops and beware the mines in their own micro-world as well as play out their own storylines with Pig, Villager and Zombie constructible Micromob figures.

The Nether

Builders can create the Minecraft Obsidian Portal and The Nether to explore the newest biome with this microscale LEGO model, complete with Netherrack, gravel, flowing lava and bedrock. This model includes two Ghasts and one Zombie Pigman constructible Micromob figures.

The new LEGO Minecraft micro-scale models can be split into four sections and reconfigured for different play experiences. They will be available beginning September 1, 2013 with a suggested retail price of $34.99.

h63QrH9.jpg
wkStEcK.jpg

Jimbro72

I've never played minecraft but have the first set and will get these. I like them because of how different and unique they are compared to other sets. And hopefully the success of these sets will, some day, lead to other video game sets being done as there is so much untapped potential out there.

So the DeLorean is definitely August 1st for the US then? I need to plan my work schedule so I can get to the LEGO store first thing in the morning.

I need those two new Minecraft sets too.

rallaren

I've never played minecraft but have the first set and will get these. I like them because of how different and unique they are compared to other sets. And hopefully the success of these sets will, some day, lead to other video game sets being done as there is so much untapped potential out there.
There are some serious game sets by Mega Bloks (and maybe others) out there. Halo especially.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
FBTB is speculating that the UCS B-wing has gone OOP, which would be a very short shelf-life for a UCS set.

I believe we had this conversation a while back. I speculated that it would be gone, due to their May 4th Sale. Moving product out.

ghostmind

A preview shot of the LEGO booth at SDCC:

xprWisi.jpg

I'm thinking that, much like last year, LEGO will do a separate theme reveal per day at the booth.

Jimbro72

Damn, those are cool. I want the SW set but at the same time, seeing as it's only a JEK-14 makes it not a huge loss if I don't get one or don't feel like paying ebay money for one (though the packing is awesome looking).

Now The Hobbit set on the other hand....

I might the pieces to pull off that Bag End pretty quickly...

but I must continue sorting! I had to destroy the Mansion MOC. :( I was rebuilding Quinjet and got halfway through when I realized all my dark grey 1x6 bricks were in the Mansion.
Oh well. It allows me to give birth to a newer, bigger, better MOC eventually.

Top Bottom