• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Could I still order replacement gitd stickers from LEGO like you did? Or do you think that LEGO stopped shipping those too? Did you claim that your stickers were damaged, and what set did you order a replacement for?

I got a set of replacement non-gitd stickers, in case my gitd ones peel, which has already started happening.

LEGO won't ship gitd stickers, as they have been discontinued.

Rootbeer

Banned
I continue to find amazing deals at Target... went back to my regular Target and found a ton more sets on clearance that weren't marked down on Tuesday. Even some of the 2013 star wars sets. Found the Goblin King hobbit set for $68. I couldn't bring anything home today due to a meeting but I'm going back tomorrow to see what I can score. I'm sure most of them will still be there, from past experience

Couple pics I took of them, sorry, TMNT only (for a different board :p) but I assure you there were tons of other brands

I even saw some Lone Ranger sets already on clearance there.

Ya, great deal. I wonder what will end up doing worse in sales, Lone Ranger or Prince of Persia sets.

I can't possibly see the LR doing as badly as the PoP sets. At the least the former has some brand recognition beyond gamers.

I think the LR sets look really nice but I haven't bought any yet. It irks me a bit that their entry level set is $5 more than that of most series. Don't know why it bothers me so much.

I can't possibly see the LR doing as badly as the PoP sets. At the least the former has some brand recognition beyond gamers.

I think the LR sets look really nice but I haven't bought any yet. It irks me a bit that their entry level set is $5 more than that of most series. Don't know why it bothers me so much.

Good point.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is the DC set reveal something new or is it just the Riddler chase set again?

Bit surprised and worried about the lack of Thor/Hobbit set announcements though :/

R-User!

Is the DC set reveal something new or is it just the Riddler chase set again?

Bit surprised and worried about the lack of Thor/Hobbit set announcements though :/

I'm not surprised or worried though... Reason being is that LEGO fans already know that sets are coming and with Peter Jackson not being at SDCC this year as well as LEGO prematurely being forced to either A. Create two more new rushed sets for DoS, or B. not creating more new sets and having less to show than they would like (3 sets -minus Smaug- vs 6 sets like the last Hobbit Wave) I think that LEGO and Warner Bros would probably want to create interest for the film and the sets later in the year closer to the holidays (perhaps Oct or Nov). Also, perhaps not being allowed to show the Smaug set might be causing some tension? between both parties? Maybe...

Perhaps they'll announce each set each month starting in Sept.

Sep-Small set
Oct-Small/Medium set
Nov-Med set
Dec-Smaug set announced on release date of film or day after or on Monday Dec 16th! But we'll see of course. :)

Jimbro72

I finally had a bit of luck finding some decent stuff on clearence at Target after work just now. Snagged the creator Small Cottage and Escape From Mirkwood Spiders for 30% off. Saw other sets on clearence, too. But none of the GS stuff was and none of the Lone Ranger stuff was except, I'm assuming, the train set which was long gone.

Considering that he's going on Sunday, I'm not holding out much hope that he'll be able to snag anything at all. All the sets and mini-figs will probably be gone by then. I'll let him know though and hopefully he can come through for both of us!

On another note, my wife just agreed that our daughter will be old enough that we can all go to next year's SDCC. She'll be almost 8 by this time next year so we think that she'll be able to handle it without being too fussy. My brother goes every year and he said that he can get us tickets any year that we want to go and we can stay at his house when we go. Can't wait!

Each day LEGO gives out one of the 4 different minifigs.

Sounds like a madhouse. They had to shutdown the booth. O_O LEGO interest is at an all time high it seems.
http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/18/sdcc-spider-woman-distribution-update/

Chuck

Still without luck
We still have Saturday and Sunday for reveals.

If not, NYCC is October 10 to 13.

Well I'm super excited for Thor 2 sets and then Winter Soldier sets next summer :D

And possibly Guardians of the Galaxy...minifig Rocket Raccoon is something I need.

ghostmind

Well I'm super excited for Thor 2 sets and then Winter Soldier sets next summer :D

And possibly Guardians of the Galaxy...minifig Rocket Raccoon is something I need.

I am REALLY hopeful for the Guardians of the Galaxy sets. Rocket Raccoon and Groot need to happen.

CMF%20series%2011_20130718.jpg

ghostmind

And there we go!

A great looking series - I pretty much want them all.

(of course i will get them all)

Love the accessories! The cat! The saxophone! Welder mask! Tiki mask!

Boring barbarian, basically just Prince of Persia in yellow.
Nice to see Tonto's bird reused on scarecrow.
Bavarian girl has a nice hairpiece.
So getting Blacktron robot, love his vintage gun too!
Meh on tiki head.
Gingerbread man is scary. Might be useful for Christmas dioramas though.
Elf is creepy. Good parts though.
Yeti... eh.
Mountain climber is parachuter 2.
Welder has cool stuff for City scenes, nothing for me though.
Scientist lady is a good way to get bottles, I guess.
Jazz musician is cool, although I really shouldn't start building a band.
Icecream lady is suspiciously lightly dressed.
Crazy cat lady is cool. I think she and old man will get a modular to move into.
Police guy would work well with a modular street as well, kind of oldtimey.
Lady robot is meh.

Naka

Wow this is a great looking series. There are on 2 that I don't have a strong interest for. I really want that Yeti!

I'm heading to SDCC on Sunday so we'll see how much of a disaster getting anything is on the last day. I'm not anticipating on getting anything, but it would be a nice surprise if I did.

ghostmind

Yeti - great printing and headpiece
Evil Mech - it has a freaking Blacktron logo, enough said
Welder - i love the mask, and the torch looks great too; wonder if the cannister is removable
Lady Robot - ehhhh, not so much
Jazz Musician - Saxamaphone! Also looks like a Blues Brother.
Constable - love the hat - never enough LEGO moustaches
Holiday Elf - looks fun - love the printed gift element
Bavarian Lady - she is cute (for a minifig)
Scarecrow - so that's where all the extra Tonto crows are going
Mountain Climber - for some reason I like him a lot more than the S10 skydiver
Grandma - love the new cat!
Tiki Warrior - the mask is glorious!
Gingerbread Man - a fn character - curious about the head piece
Barbarian - kind of boring, actually
Diner Waitress - Yellow on yellow is a strange choice - like the face with glasses
Scientist - a little generic, but more potion bottle colors and a nice face with glasses

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
New/interesting pieces:

Scarecrow halfhat
brick skirt
tiki mask
new printed mug
green elf hat (not sure if this is different from the previous gnome hat)
printed parcel 2x2
rope coil
blow torch and pipe
welder mask
trans light blue potion
saxamophone!
diner plate (not sure if this is different from previous waiter plate)
cat
baton

Anymore? Other than the obvious torso/heads?

I want them all!

LEGO, please don't screw up the distro on this series!!!!

Barbarian - No new parts, but nicely done. Torso and legs will be fairly reusable for making your own minfigs.
Scarecrow - Like. Hat seems new. Pitchfork is nice as it used to be a bit rare.
Bavarian Lady - Nicely done. Nothing new, but good counterpart to the Bavarian dude.
Evil Mech - Nothing new, but looks good. Nice to have those moulds in black.

Tiki Warrior - I like it. Great for those that never got those old islander minifigs.
Gingerbread Man - Nothing surprising here. Nicely done. I was hoping Gingerbread would have the normal head though.
Holiday Elf - Nicely done. Was just expecting reuse of gnome hat. Pleasantly surprised they have new hat with ears. Teddy bear will no longer be a highly sought part anymore. Like the present print on 2x2 tile.
Yeti - Huge LIKE. Top one on my list. Will get multiples of this. Trans-blue popsicle is a bonus.

Mountain Climber - Nice new rope piece. BETTER NOT have 6 of these to a box!!!
Welder - Very cool. One of the more unique ideas and great new moulds with mask and torch.
Female Scientist - I like the printing. Makes for a lab full of smart and attractive minifigs. Nice accessories! I'm talking about the flasks!
Jazz Musician - Love the saxophone. Nice cool head print. Rest you can make from existing minifigs.

Dinner Waitress - Like the retro look. Interesting new hair.
Grandma - Nicely done. Great companion for the old man, but I think she could have done better than him. Is that a new cat mould?
Constable - Yes! Been waiting for a cop with the bobby. Stick is very nice too. Keystone Cops. Now I can recreate Benny Hill episodes with minifigs!
Female Robot - Meh. I really wanted it more like the Series 1 robot, but will go well with the male clockwork robot. Anyone offended by the gauge placement on the torso? I'm sure someone will complain.

Saxophone, the old man's head/hair piece...new moulds like those are making me hopeful for a Simpsons theme.

This series may warrant a purchase of an entire box. No Mr. Gold!!! Maybe by series 20, they'll have Mrs. Gold(digger).

Scarecrow - so that's where all the extra Tonto crows are going
Jazz Musician - Saxamaphone! Also looks like a Blues Brother.
Mountain Climber - for some reason I like him a lot more than the S10 skydiver

RE: Scarecrow comment - LOL. I guess we'll have a Lone Ranger battle pack for the rest of the leftovers.
RE: Jazz Musician comment - Yes! It does look like a Blues Brother.
RE: Mountain Climber - I think because this minifig looks way cooler and all the parts are much more reusable. Skydiver has very low reusability factor. I like the skydiver minifigure, but don't see the need for so many.

Stopped by the Target near home on the way back from work. No new Friends sets. They had the Constitution Train for $70 as well. But the real deal (which I left for someone else to take advantage of) was Bug Obliterator for $40.

People, BUY THIS SET. It is fantastic, and for $40 it is a criminally good price.

Seeing that, I am tempted to not open my train and wait for it to go to $50 at Target, snag it then, then return the one I paid $70 for. But that is if it is still left and goes to $50.

Also, stopped by the BN doing the Architecture event next week. They looked up the Studio set, and the price in their system is $150. They had another set with the same set number but different UPC for $180. Either way, pricier than I anticipated.

Odd numbered series continue to be the best series. Cant wait to get the welder and then make Dog Welder!

Dogwelder%201.jpg

And yes, I can make Keystone Kops.

The Stanley Sortmasters have removable dividers and if you press together your plates leaving just one stud hanging of each edge then you can easily separate your plates by having something to grab on to to pull them apart!

Edit: I just realised reading the rest of your post that you referenced the Sortmasters. You can definitely keep all your 1xX's and larger in one pocket then your 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10x's in the side pockets in the Stanley Sortmasters (SSM's), right?

qE96UKWl.jpg

Not quite as easy with the sheer volume I have. This is not including the stack of 16x16 plates, and still two floors of a modular MOC to take down.

I start unpacking the Constitution Train box. My wife raises an eyebrow. "Oh, god. You have tracks now?" She says.
"Don't worry." I say. "The set was on clearance. And I don't have a motor yet."
"Well, not yet. " she says as she rolls her eyes, chuckles, then goes back to her computer.

ghostmind

I start unpacking the Constitution Train box. My wife raises an eyebrow. "Oh, god. You have tracks now?" She says.
"Don't worry." I say. "The set was on clearance. And I don't have a motor yet."
"Well, not yet. " she says as she rolls her eyes, chuckles, then goes back to her computer.

Heh. She knows.

R-User!

Odd numbered series continue to be the best series. Cant wait to get the welder and then make Dog Welder!.

Not quite as easy with the sheer volume I have. This is not including the stack of 16x16 plates, and still two floors of a modular MOC to take down.

Odd series does seem to be the best so far!

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you about your 16x16's and larger except: cheap $1 plastic shoe boxes?...

Top Bottom