• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

I've talked long enough about wanting tracks and a motor. The clearance sale excused the tracks. The motor will come on its own. I think staggering it is helping her cope. God help her when I get lights. :)

I think I'll maybe build Maersk train next but I really want to get back to my Theater MOC... Sigh...

Redberyl

Neo Member
Definitely check your local Target for clearance LEGO when you're there, as far as I can tell this hasn't shown up on the big deals sites yet so there should be a better chance than usual of finding stuff.

Snagged a Constitution Train Chase for 30% off and a Fierce Flyer for 50% off, passed on the other sets including most Lone Ranger sets at 30% off and Umbaran Cannon at 50% off.

Definitely check your local Target for clearance LEGO when you're there, as far as I can tell this hasn't shown up on the big deals sites yet so there should be a better chance than usual of finding stuff.

Snagged a Constitution Train Chase for 30% off and a Fierce Flyer for 50% off, passed on the other sets including most Lone Ranger sets at 30% off and Umbaran Cannon at 50% off.
Go back and stock up on Galaxy Squad. Those are the real steals of the clearance sale.

Finished Constitution Train Chase. Solid set, but not as good as Silver Mine Shootout or Stagecoach Escape. Nice part selection and a fun build, but nowhere near as much fun as Silver Mine wound up being.
There were some really neat techniques in the build, and it was refreshing to finally build a train not using the train chassis parts that Maersk and Horizon Express had. A good assortment of SNOT on the main engine, and the gatling gun was really sweet once completed.

Of course, the main reason I bought the set was just to pillage for parts. I wanted train tracks, and since this set came with curved tracks and not the flexible ones, it is worth it. And damn, is the track a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. How big? So big I could combine the Constitution, Maersk, and Horizon Express into one giant mutant train, and have it be attacked by almost every bug in the Galaxy Squad line.

The dreaded Hive Crawler attacks!

Oh, no! Star Slicer is stopping the Horizon Express!

shadow29

Neo Member
Ugh I wish I restarted picking up Lego again sooner. I really want that Maersk Train, but I don't want to pay after market prices now with all the new sets coming up that I want....

Ugh I wish I restarted picking up Lego again sooner. I really want that Maersk Train, but I don't want to pay after market prices now with all the new sets coming up that I want....

I was fortunate enough to snag it during the Black Friday sale last holiday, and then it disappeared after that. It is a really, really fun set, but the stickers really suck. You need them for the set to look complete, but many go across multiple pieces.

shadow29

Neo Member
I was fortunate enough to snag it during the Black Friday sale last holiday, and then it disappeared after that. It is a really, really fun set, but the stickers really suck. You need them for the set to look complete, but many go across multiple pieces.

Unfortunate but Ill probably overlook it. I'm a sucker for cargo train like that. So at some point I'll have to break down and find a set for myself.

R-User!

Finished Constitution Train Chase. Solid set, but not as good as Silver Mine Shootout or Stagecoach Escape. Nice part selection and a fun build, but nowhere near as much fun as Silver Mine wound up being.
There were some really neat techniques in the build, and it was refreshing to finally build a train not using the train chassis parts that Maersk and Horizon Express had. A good assortment of SNOT on the main engine, and the gatling gun was really sweet once completed.

Of course, the main reason I bought the set was just to pillage for parts. I wanted train tracks, and since this set came with curved tracks and not the flexible ones, it is worth it. And damn, is the track a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. How big? So big I could combine the Constitution, Maersk, and Horizon Express into one giant mutant train, and have it be attacked by almost every bug in the Galaxy Squad line.

The dreaded Hive Crawler attacks!

Oh, no! Star Slicer is stopping the Horizon Express!

It seems like you have a bug problem...
...time to get RAID!

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid!"
*boom*

ghostmind

Deceptive amount of track in there, isn't it? As I said earlier, with the price you got it for, it is a great deal.

And our impressions on the build are the same - it was fun, but not in the same league as the Silver Mine.

neonglow

The first day for SDCC was mostly a bust. I took the wrong path and got stuck in a slow moving aisle and missed getting all the exclusive LEGO sets. They pretty much sold out in 15 minutes. The raffle was also poorly managed and was so overcrowded, the fire marshal shut down the promotion.

I did manage to get the Invention Designer and a couple polybags I haven't seen anywhere around here. A free exclusive SDCC poster came with purchase of the Invention Designer. They said only 100 were made.

The first day for SDCC was mostly a bust. I took the wrong path and got stuck in a slow moving aisle and missed getting all the exclusive LEGO sets. They pretty much sold out in 15 minutes. The raffle was also poorly managed and was so overcrowded, the fire marshal shut down the promotion.

I did manage to get the Invention Designer and a couple polybags I haven't seen anywhere around here. A free exclusive SDCC poster came with purchase of the Invention Designer. They said only 100 were made.

That steampunk poster is a helluva tease.

ghostmind

I love that poster - it would look great with a copper frame or similar.

Also - check FBTB on the new procedure for getting in the minifig draw tomorrow.

Chuck

Still without luck
re: Delorean

We're getting in 21 on Monday to be sold as soon as we get them in as I understood. For the record, that is ridiculously low. Our store is huge and they're all but guaranteed to be all gone the first day, even with us not telling customers we're getting them in, which we're not. Also, Lego like to do stupid things like this from time to time...

If you want one, check your Lego stores Monday.

We're getting in 21 on Monday to be sold as soon as we get them in as I understood. For the record, that is ridiculously low. Our store is huge and they're all but guaranteed to be all gone the first day, even with us not telling customers we're getting them in, which we're not. Also, Lego like to do stupid things like this from time to time...

Hmmm. I am off work Monday. But think I will still do online just to avoid crazies.
And also think I will delay Dolphin Cruiser to order a train motor and other parts. :) That track without a moving train is already bothering me.

I love that poster - it would look great with a copper frame or similar.

Also - check FBTB on the new procedure for getting in the minifig draw tomorrow.

When I used to live in So. Cal, my friends and I went to every SDCC for like 7+ years. We even drove down several years back after we moved to Washington but two years ago on a wimp we got tickets and went, after we got back I told him I will never again attend SDCC.

The horrible way the exclusives are handle, (not just LEGO but LEGO seems like one of the worst) to the panels that you can never get to. There are line to get ticket so you can get in a line to get into another line up for a chance to go into panel or get items. It was one giant big waste of times and mostly frustration. They either need to move to bigger venue (not sure where because San Diego Convention center is pretty massive). People were rude, and the line for exclusive were all fill with scalpers and speculators.

Thanks, I'm going to check on Monday.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm not sure of the European price, but I rolled my eyes when I saw it was $34.99 and... £34.99. Sigh. Pretty much took away any chance of me justifying a purchase.

Something weird is up.

US: $34.99
DE: €39.99
FR: €41.99
NL: €49.99

iuuk

Something weird is up.

US: $34.99
DE: €39.99
FR: €41.99
NL: €49.99
What? I was going to ask you guys about this ridiculous pricing, but it's just us Dutchies that are getting screwed?

Is there any chance this set is going to be available on Amazon :(?

When I used to live in So. Cal, my friends and I went to every SDCC for like 7+ years. We even drove down several years back after we moved to Washington but two years ago on a wimp we got tickets and went, after we got back I told him I will never again attend SDCC.

The horrible way the exclusives are handle, (not just LEGO but LEGO seems like one of the worst) to the panels that you can never get to. There are line to get ticket so you can get in a line to get into another line up for a chance to go into panel or get items. It was one giant big waste of times and mostly frustration. They either need to move to bigger venue (not sure where because San Diego Convention center is pretty massive). People were rude, and the line for exclusive were all fill with scalpers and speculators.

Ewww, I really don't like the sounds of that...I don't think I would tolerate those attitudes for very long...I still hate hate exclusives, especially when it's distributed like so...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hopefully it's just a store error. Minecraft set was $35/€35. Can't see why different Euro countries would have different prices.

This is odd, do you think they're doing a stealth release to judge demand? If it sells well without any announcement even, then maybe they'll manufacture more sets and sell them on a more continual basis as they are with Minecraft now.

Don't have a Lego store particularly near me (closest is the new St Louis one, but even that is over an hour away) nor much interest in this set though, so I'll probably pass. The new Minecraft ones on the other hand... Those better be easy to get! >_<

ghostmind

88LAMMu.jpg

He better be available in a regular set... grrr.

Well, maybe not that large. That is Balrog scale. But I get the idea. Maybe like Kai Fire Mech sized.

And Ghostmind, in regards to you wanting a Groot set for Guardians of the Galaxy: I am all for it. It would give us another Ent to assault Orthanc with. :)

Jimbro72

88LAMMu.jpg

Damn, that's cool looking. And being handed out free? Nice. Think I need to see if my cousin can get one for me today.

Nice printing on Tarfful, the Wookie from the 75043 AT-AP set:

braw7hp.jpg

BZ3IxA6.jpg

Wow, they are really going all out on the detailing of minifigs of late. I like it. And yet they continue to give us sticker sheets instead of printed pieces in sets. Why, LEGO, why????

Seriously? Monday is my birthday! I know where I'm going to be running to Monday morning. :D

This is odd, do you think they're doing a stealth release to judge demand? If it sells well without any announcement even, then maybe they'll manufacture more sets and sell them on a more continual basis as they are with Minecraft now.

Don't have a Lego store particularly near me (closest is the new St Louis one, but even that is over an hour away) nor much interest in this set though, so I'll probably pass. The new Minecraft ones on the other hand... Those better be easy to get! >_<

I think it's to avoid speculators, scalpers, and chaos. Oh my! Stealth would give a chance for an average customer to get the set. This leads me to believe it may take some time as they will need to do another production run after they gauge the demand. I feel they probably did more than 10k on this initial run, but probably not by much. At least that's my speculation...wait, does that make me a speculator? Oh noes!!!

88LAMMu.jpg

99.99999% sure he will be. It's a new mould which LEGO only will do if can justify the cost. All the super hero exclusives use existing moulds.

Nice printing on Tarfful, the Wookie from the 75043 AT-AP set:

braw7hp.jpg

Stop it! I don't want that set and I know that wookie fig will carry a huge premium so then I'll want to get that set. Stop!

Top Bottom