• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Thanks for the comments about the color sub. It was a quick and dirty conversion. Might tear it down to make my own damn yacht now.
And yeah, it looks like high end City. I feel the Friends line is what City has been severely lacking. I am curious to do color sub on some other sets to see how they turn out. With this it showed that the build itself was tip top stuff, only the garish colors held it back some.

And as for that ball joint, that is a 2x2 plate with joint. The figures look to use 1x2 instead. And I would hope they are a bit tighter, because the part you listed is pretty loose when in use.

Oh damn, those are 1x2 with a ball joint on the Mixels... I'm going to buy these for parts, aren't I?

The New Elementary, which is an excellent new resource, has the full breakdown.

http://www.newelementary.com/

I think the current Friends line is demonstrating the CITY needs to diversify. No more police and fire sets for a bit. Or just merge the two lines and market it to both genders.

And yeah, if you got another Dolphin Cruiser, you could then MOC a full-size white hull sailing ship.

Oh damn, those are 1x2 with a ball joint on the Mixels... I'm going to buy these for parts, aren't I?

I think the current Friends line is demonstrating the CITY needs to diversify. No more police and fire sets for a bit. Or just merge the two lines and market it to both genders.

And yeah, if you got another Dolphin Cruiser, you could then MOC a full-size white hull sailing ship.

So very tempting. I um, actually did order a second one. Ordered it at the local BN yesterday and used a 20% off coupon on it. Planned on once I got it to return it to TRU to get the $75 back from them. But after doing the color mod, I am tempted to keep the second one just for parts. The white hull is worth it alone, but getting 4 more of this piece is also tempting.

4d59573b4ce7a_196820n.jpg

Do you know we've gone through almost another entire thread since I first got my Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer?

Going to be time for The LEGO Thread |OT3| soon... or LEGO GAF |OT3|... either way we'll need another witty subtitle.

LEGO GAF |OT3]: NSFW - Not Safe For Wallet
or
LEGO GAF |OT3]: The LEGO Thread (someone artistic creates logo just like "The LEGO Movie" using "The LEGO Thread")
or
LEGO GAF |OT3]: Silly [???], Brix are for Kids

Just realized, "The LEGO Thread", was the name of the original LEGO thread by Wetwired. Maybe we can change "LEGO GAF" back to "The LEGO Thread" for [OT3] followed by the tagline.

Thought about "ABS Anonymous", but many would probably think Abs (abdomen) Anonymous.

Hi, sorry for the stupid question.

I read back a few pages, trying to get a clear answer.

Delorean: - Available in UK stores now/tomorrow? Some people have them via SDCC? And will it be a stealth North America release? Or will I be able to order it off Lego.com on August 1st (the date I keep seeing about?)

I imagine Canada will get hosed again but I will try to pick one of these up in any case.

Marty McFly is Canadian so it would be a double slap in the face if Canada got hosed on BttF set.

Oh man, I completely forgot about that site because it doesn't have RSS feed which I use to follow the LEGO blogs I like. LEGO definitely is expanding their new mould collection. Just saw this other exciting element change.

http://www.newelementary.com/2013/07/a-neat-excision.html

DSC03281.png

I thought LEGO was stopping their LEGO games or something. This link to French site (from http://www.newelementary.com/) about a new LEGO game is recent. I hope LEGO continues games, maybe in smaller amounts though, as they are great parts packs especially when they are on clearance.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2013/07/lego-50004-story-mixer-du-micro-build-et-du-fun/

Added the NewElementary blog to Facebook to follow as I didn't see RSS supported.
https://www.facebook.com/NewElementary

mojiimbo

It shows up in Feedly for me. I think I used:

http://www.newelementary.com/feeds/posts/default

While we're on the subject, what feeds do you subscribe to? After I had to move all my feeds over to Feedly I settled on Brothers Brick, Eurobrick, Brickset and TNE. Anything else cool I might have missed?

Thanks! I was too lazy to really figure it out, but I didn't want to say it. :)

In no specific order:
Brickset
From bricks to Bothans
The Brothers Brick
The Living Brick
The Brick Blogger
Toys N Bricks
iPick-a-Brick
LEGO Express
MicroBricks
The New Elementary
VignetteBricks

Others I've stopped getting updates for some reason:
BrickJournal
LEGO is Love
The Brick Show

I check Eurobricks once in awhile. Don't want to get sucked into another forum group.
White Fang reviews for CMFs are a must.
ToysNBricks was one of the first blogs I followed and it has saved me a ton of money so I could rationalize buying even more LEGO. Lately forums have been a been slow, but still helpful in my search for deals.

Kryten

Any Unimog owners here? I have a problem, my crane deck won't move :(

I've narrowed it down to the subassembly on page 43 of book 4 - when insert the black axle with the grey gear piece, there's absolutely zero movement of that axle, which in turn means the while gear won't turn. This actually jams up the motor when it's all connected, so I've managed to bollocks this up somehow, I'm sure.....

Instructions here, for anyone that would care to help me out :)

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4648793.pdf

Any Unimog owners here? I have a problem, my crane deck won't move :(

I've narrowed it down to the subassembly on page 43 of book 4 - when insert the black axle with the grey gear piece, there's absolutely zero movement of that axle, which in turn means the while gear won't turn. This actually jams up the motor when it's all connected, so I've managed to bollocks this up somehow, I'm sure.....

Instructions here, for anyone that would care to help me out :)

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4648793.pdf

Is the problem the white gear, or the spiral pasta piece? I doubt the black coat hanger T shaped pieces are jammed so close together to stop the white gear from spinning. The breakdown could be the smaller grey gear that attaches to the axle of the spiral piece in step 17 on page 47.

I am really not too sure, but that is all I can think of by glancing at the instructions.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
According to sources, LEGO Star Wars will have a heavy Episode 3 focus in 2014, much like they did with Episode 2 this year.

Also, expect the battle-packs to return to the single-faction focus.

:(. Even the 10xxx sets? Had secretly hoped for an OT UCS after the x-wing. Maybe 2015 will being a new UCS falcon, assuming it is in the new movie

What do we have to do to convince Lego to put out more CRAZY AMAZING Old Republic sets? Seriously, both of those ships are so good, some of the best looking ships of the Star Wars sets. Give me more of those and less sets from the films that remind me of 'Anakin, you're breaking my heart!' film

rallaren

Really? I don't own any Technic and was looking into that one and read that it had really weak torque and had trouble over obstacles. If the LE muscle car revision is still there in September I'll probably make that my first Technic set anyways.
I don't know about other similar and none lego sets but it's very slow... Other than that I thought the 4x4 made it pretty strong for a lego vehicle.

The LE version has real lights. Makes it worth getting just for that.

Edit: I just ran it outside first time; goes in the grass, slow, uphill etc. but it's an inhouse toy really.

ruxtpin

Banned
Welp. Managed to snag the VW Van this past weekend (with a 10% discount due to it being a damaged box). Yay for adding even more giant sets to my backlog that I won't be able to build for - at the very least - another month or so (due to moving to a new place).

ahhh. I just want to build and I have a case of the Monday's.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Serious inquiry. Would any LEGO Gaffers be interested in buying a UCS Falcon? Built once, all parts, original box, and shipping box. Only thing wrong is it has one of the misprint instructions (one page in the middle is missing, and the page before it was doubled), but I guess misprints are even more valuable. :) . I'd be looking for near market price, but would certainly try and make a good deal for someone on GAF to avoid putting it on Ebay or craigslist.

Serious inquiry. Would any LEGO Gaffers be interested in buying a UCS Falcon? Built once, all parts, original box, and shipping box. Only thing wrong is it has one of the misprint instructions (one page in the middle is missing, and the page before it was doubled), but I guess misprints are even more valuable. :) . I'd be looking for near market price, but would certainly try and make a good deal for someone on GAF to avoid putting it on Ebay or craigslist.
What is market price right now?

Looks like used are going for over $2000, but It's tough to get a feel on bricklink as it seems some are parted together or missing stuff. Ebay has some hideous "Black" falcons...

The jump the past year on new ones is astounding...

Jesus.

I would love to get that set, but I do not have the money even if it were $1000. Best of luck selling it though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jesus.

I would love to get that set, but I do not have the money even if it were $1000. Best of luck selling it though.

Yeah, I paid a little under $2000 for it new, and that's with shipping early last year. If I got $2000 for it used now, I'd consider myself very, very well off on the deal.

lol, I have not watched that movie enough then, that joke went soooo over my head

my apologies

Hmmm my local store has it...I'm going to grab it today, I hope.

Top Bottom