• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Jimbro72

Thinking of selling most of my sets to get some cash for a upcoming move. What would you all suggest? I would like to move them quickly. I thought about craigslist but dealing with people on there has given me hassles in the past.

Nothing to old and mostly Star Wars sets and one modular. I could put a list here if anyone is interested in seeing what I have and a good price.

I was wondering this, too. Thinking about selling my collector's edition Batmobile to fund some more of the Winter Village sets.

If you don't want to deal with Craiglist, ebay is probably your best bet to get good money for the items and sell it quickly, depending on what you price the BIN at. Otherwise collector forums, too. I only have experience with selling stuff on ebay, so despite the increasingly ridiculous fees, I still use it for selling things.

rallaren

Thinking about selling my collector's edition Batmobile
ZhFUI1o.jpg

Or yay for purchaser.

My daughter and I build the Daily Bugle Battle few days ago that I got on clearance, ... sadly it was another underwhelming Super Heroes set.

7tywM4al.jpg

The mini-figs are cool but frankly I only bought them because of clearance price. I didn't apply most of the stickers, since it will most likely get disassemble soon.

7mU0K6Pl.jpg

My daughter was wondering why Cyclops is in Spiderman set. I told her he is Nova and not X-men in which she gave me a puzzling look, then commented that it is fitting that he coming out of a trashcan looking thing because he just a two-bit super heroe. Poor Nova. (Honestly, I can barely remember him either and I sadly remember more of the Beetle).

fdTISYSl.jpg

My daughter thought it was pretty dumb to be villain in Spiderman and take on persona of a bug since spider feed on other insect. I told her it is fitting because the Beetle was a pretty lame villain. Although, I don't remember him looking anything like this LEGO mini-figure but I can only assume this is the Ultimate interpretation.

tqVoWigl.jpg

We finished this last night and it was an awesome build. There were some repetitious moments but it was great to see the tower come together. (She build the lower half, while I build the top) I love all the little details.

My daughter was wondering why Cyclops is in Spiderman set. I told her he is Nova and not X-men in which she gave me a puzzling look, then commented that it is fitting that he coming out of a trashcan looking thing because he just a two-bit super heroe. Poor Nova. (Honestly, I can barely remember him either and I sadly remember more of the Beetle).

fdTISYSl.jpg

Hunt down and read Annihilation or the Nova series from right after that. (Not the new Jeph Loeb one). You will see why Nova is a badass.
Nova1-FinalCover550.png

nova8lego.jpg

dewdrop

Banned
hey guys! just got my account approved yesterday, pumped to get in on this LEGO thread action.

I got back into LEGO as a grown-ass man last summer and I've got a shelf of a bunch of Star Wars ships and some architecture sets, and then the thing I'm happiest about lately: Mechshelf:

I know about that Chima gorilla mech coming up, but anybody know of anything else in print? I'm a sucker for LEGO mechs.

I've been considering grabbing Orthanc, almost as much for the Ent as for the tower itself... may have a bit of a problem over here.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
hey guys! just got my account approved yesterday, pumped to get in on this LEGO thread action.

I got back into LEGO as a grown-ass man last summer and I've got a shelf of a bunch of Star Wars ships and some architecture sets, and then the thing I'm happiest about lately: Mechshelf:

I know about that Chima gorilla mech coming up, but anybody know of anything else in print? I'm a sucker for LEGO mechs.

I've been considering grabbing Orthanc, almost as much for the Ent as for the tower itself... may have a bit of a problem over here.

Welcome to the fray. Say goodbye to your monies.

dewdrop

Banned
I have been chuckling at "Building Dreams, Demolishing Wallets" for weeks and weeks waiting for my account approval.

The only real thing holding me back on Orthanc is it'll probably go where my mechs are now and I'll need another shitty Ikea Billy bookshelf for the mechs... but then I'll have like 2 or 3 MORE empty shelves to LEGOize.

maybe I'll make it a weekend project to pick up the necessary bookshelf and the LEGO and do this thing. constructions big and small!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
LEGO GAF |OT3|: We're gonna need a bigger boat....of LEGO.

New blood is always welcome here.

No need to let us know you're an ass man. This isn't that type of thread. ;)

There's a small green and white mech in one of the Galaxy Squad sets. Some creator sets have pseudo mechs.

LEGO GAF |OT3|: We're gonna need a bigger boat....of LEGO.

The LEGO Thread |OT3|: Where the studs are.

R-User!

My two cents for the title of the next thread...

LEGO GAF |OT3|: You best start believing in enabler threads, ...you're in one.

I read that aloud doing my best Davy Jones voice, and buy the time I finished saying "you're in one" I was smiling ear-to-ear!

And a little Lego Davy Jones play on words bonus: "Ninety nine setssSAH!"

Calm Killer

I just check brickset. We have piece counts for 130 of the sets you own. Using that data we have calculated that you own 58947 pieces! Here's a list of the sets you own that we don't have piece counts for. I have confirmed that I have at least 138 sets currently and I have not went through the majority of my childhood catalog yet. Although I have I put a good bit of them into brickset already. I didn't realize I had that many pieces.

lol darn, some of you guys have some big collections...mine isn't even at 20k pieces yet! Although it's probably helped by the fact I have a lot more older sets and those don't have near as many pieces as the newer ones.

Calm Killer

Does anyone have the date for series 11 release?

Oh God it's in stock at a Target that's like 15 minutes from my house!

Phon! My wife is going to kill me! I just bought 3 DeLoreans!

I wonder if it comes with good Cowboy outfits for Marty and Doc...

How does that saying go? "Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."
If she kills you, can I have your BttF sets?

The Lone Ranger train set would go perfect with the BttF! Man, now I need that set too.

How does that saying go? "Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

The Lone Ranger train set would go perfect with the BttF! Man, now I need that set too.

You need every single LR set to be honest, they're all pretty good.

I escaped the wife's wrath by explaining it was on clearance.

What color 2x2 tiles were you looking for?
Dark grey or light grey. Preferably dark, but light would be cool. Same with 1x1 tiles. Or any round tiles.

ghostmind

My bargain expedition is not nearly as successful as last year. A combination of the shelves already been picked over and my already owning most of the sales sets already.

Norfair

So I was going through my childhood legos tonight with my daughter for some odd reason. They looked to be in fairly good condition except for the fact that some of the rubber tire pieces melted onto other blocks. The weird part was it looked like it ruined the blocks more then the tires.

Before (with crappy flash)

2CzGJE3.png

After showing the damage to the brick

3oadH8C.jpg

MjFrancis

lego-ninjago-temple-of-light-70505_18518_500.jpg

but I don't much care for the temple.
I liked the Temple of Light, but not as much as the Fire Temple from the first wave. When I bought the Temple of Light I kept the sensei and the temple and sold everything else to break even when I bought it on sale. Not a bad deal for so little effort.

Meanwhile I have one built Fire Temple and two other copies just hanging around in their plastic bags, waiting for me to do something fun with them.

R-User!

Major fucking BttF build spoiler below!: don't say I didn't warn you!
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z