• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Looks like 2 2x16 plates.

P.S. I don't get the spoiler.

It's just a really dry humor view on the idea that the second page of a build would be a spoiler when so many car/plane builds start in similar ways, i.e. flat long plates to begin the foundational core of the build.

Again, dry humor...

And Phonciple, BentBricks was right, it's two 2x16's next to each other.

Yet another "hidden" use for the Brick
Separator...

I give you...
JjhE74vl.jpg
The Brick Bookmark!!!

R-User!

Loving this build so far! My son got to see Back to the Future in the theater last week, and he wants to build this set and watch Part 2. Oh! that he doesn't know that two and three are tied to each other the way they are.

I'm going to watch him build the set from scratch after we see 2, and if the wife is down, she can build the 3 set or watch us modify it into said set!

It's gonna be really fun this weekend!
My son is gonna be in love with this trilogy: I can feel it!

The Flux Capacitor!
j1Cf63ul.jpg

I'm still working on it, Doc!
r9NZ9Tdl.jpg

They fit!
It was generally exasperating to get them to be in the pic shown... :/

ziY8IwRl.jpg

They still fit!
H10UP9ul.jpg

What happened Marty?!
yY6Bp2Cl.jpg

You built a Time Machine?... Out've a DeLorean?!
x1sdpfVl.jpg

Noooooooooooooooo!!!
NCVZcWFl.jpg

Front left
HOKDTzZl.jpg

Side left
DTQy3Ldl.jpg

Driver side interior
SZyeGdDl.jpg

Rear left
MCOJMY1l.jpg

Rear center! OUTATIME
pAK0vp2l.jpg

Rear right
VLvLcIol.jpg

Time display. "We're going BACK... To the LEGO!"
gyKN0Zgl.jpg

Right interior close: I love this view!
9kNC4AMl.jpg

Right rear upper
WMVH1xEl.jpg

Front right
ie2qtz9l.jpg

"Buy our set!" "Help find a cure for Parkinson's Disease while supporting LEGO Cuusoo!"
F9gnJral.jpg

Well, it was fun time building and playing with the set, but alas I have to go BACK! To the Bed! Zzz

Hope you guys liked the pics! :)

...I am just over 103,000 pieces just from my SW sets alone. When you add in all my non-SW sets that I've bought in the past 6-7 months, that adds another approximately 51,000 pieces...

...I currently have 161,656 pieces in my collection...I also apparently have 1,334 minifigs. I just need three more!

Brickset says I have 175,139 pieces with 1,485 minifigures.

88151 pieces here. I got nothing on you people.

My brickset inventory is sadly out of date. I'm scared that I may be in the minifig 4 digit club.

...58947 pieces!

I'm impressed, wow. I have nothing on any of you.

I figure that as of last February I had 2,336 pieces from my childhood along with 29 minifigs. Since then I've increased those counts by 24,167 pieces and 349 minifigs.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I was going through my childhood legos tonight with my daughter for some odd reason. They looked to be in fairly good condition except for the fact that some of the rubber tire pieces melted onto other blocks. The weird part was it looked like it ruined the blocks more then the tires.

Before (with crappy flash)

2CzGJE3.png

After showing the damage to the brick

3oadH8C.jpg

I had the exact same thing happen to my collection. My parents have kept it in the attic of their garage so it gets really hot. I have about 3/4 of my collection up there still. Hopefully I get it out this fall. But I am afraid of what I will find.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I'm impressed, wow. I have nothing on any of you.

I figure that as of last February I had 2,336 pieces from my childhood along with 29 minifigs. Since then I've increased those counts by 24,167 pieces and 349 minifigs.

I have no Idea how many Minifigs I have. I have a complete Series 10 and 9. Working on finishing series 8. My current project is a display case for one full series and then reproduce for the rest. I should try and figure out how many I have. It is impressive how many pieces we have as a collective.

ghostmind

NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–July 23, 2013–

Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that 450 Barnes & Noble stores nationwide will host their first-ever LEGO Architecture Studio events and celebrations from July 25-28.

The LEGO Architecture Studio event will feature local architecture experts discussing and demonstrating the parameters and design process in architecture using LEGO bricks to educate and inspire the hands-on building that follows. Participants will have the opportunity to reference the LEGO 250 guide book, experiment and create original architectural designs with more than 1,200 monochromatic building pieces, and learn a few architectural concepts such as scale, mass and density, symmetry, modules and repetition, space and section and surface.

Additionally, the store will offer architecture fans the first look at a new LEGO Architecture product that can only be found for sale in Barnes & Noble and LEGO brand outlets from July 25-28.

“This event is perfect for anyone interested in visual design and the important and profound role design plays in our communities. Aspiring architects, design enthusiasts and LEGO fans will have a hands-on opportunity to explore concepts and discover new insights by constructing 3D models,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games, Barnes & Noble, Inc. “Barnes & Noble is excited to partner with LEGO to continue the world-wide conversation and collaborative nature of architectural design through these engaging and fun events.”

The LEGO Architecture Studio event is free and open to the public. For further details, contact your local Barnes & Noble store, or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator to see what stores in your area will be offering the event.

Finally

Jimbro72

Looks like the set will be available online on Aug 1st. As much as I wouldn't mind getting this set, just to check out what that 272 page book is all about but not at $150 and not when there is about to be a whole bunch of other new stuff coming out next week that I want more than this.

Jimbro72

Where can I see this?

Oh, it's all stuff that has already been shown before. I was talking mostly about the new wave of SW sets that are due to be out on Aug 1st, plus more of the newest waves of City sets as well as the BTTF being officially released and made available online. Also, I think that limited edition Technic 4x4 set may be out that day, too. So nothing that hasn't been shown before, just now about to be made available for sale. Sorry if I wasn't more clear about that part.

rallaren

Oh, it's all stuff that has already been shown before. I was talking mostly about the new wave of SW sets that are due to be out on Aug 1st, plus more of the newest waves of City sets as well as the BTTF being officially released and made available online. Also, I think that limited edition Technic 4x4 set may be out that day, too. So nothing that hasn't been shown before, just now about to be made available for sale. Sorry if I wasn't more clear about that part.
I was just wondering if there's a site that lists coming sets but I think I have already seen all in this thread.

Edit: Just looking at 2013 and each theme on brickset seems to be what I was looking for basically.

No Monster Fighters - heart slightly broken.

Lame. Stopped by Target on the way to work. Vermin Vaporizer marked down to $42. Meh. Quinjet marked down to $60? What kind of sale is that?

But Lone Ranger stuff was gone, so glad I snagged it when I did.

Oh. And there was a BOGO 50% toys (Lego counts) coupon for BN that came in email today. Of anyone wants it, send me a PM with you email address and I can forward it to you on my lunch break.

Naka

My local LEGO store called me about an hour ago to let me know they had the BttF sets in stock and were holding one for me. I forgot that I put my name down a month ago to let me know so this was a nice surprise. I will go pick it up this afternoon. Can't wait to build it!

Sweet, my local LEGO store has the BttF set in stock. Got them to hold one for me until after I get off of work in an hour.

Gotta support dat CUUSOO!

I am dieing to find out if they approve the Portal set. I will buy that SO GODDAMN HARD!

Hey guys, a question for those of you with the latest UCS X-Wing, how bad is the droop on the wings? Some of the pictures I've seen it looks off by quite a few degrees, the open position too. Is it something that is easy to overlook, or would I start to get a twitch every time I glanced at the thing =(?

Jimbro72

Anyone attend tonight, or planning on attending, that LEGO Architecture event that is going on Barnes and Nobles over the next few nights? I doubt I'm going to, especially after learning the price of the set is $150 but would still be interested in hearing how it went and what they did with it.

R-User!

Anyone attend tonight, or planning on attending, that LEGO Architecture event that is going on Barnes and Nobles over the next few nights? I doubt I'm going to, especially after learning the price of the set is $150 but would still be interested in hearing how it went and what they did with it.

I'm going, and I'll let everyone know how it went tomorrow night or sometime over the weekend. Also, the B&N store near me had a sign up list, and 2 of the days were already full, and so actually now that I think of it I might be scheduled for Sunday... I'll check tomorrow.

Hey!... ...Are you tryin' ta say that's my shtick? :)

P.S. LEGO GAF....... Did anyone like my Back to the Future pics? :(

:)

Very much liked the BttF pics. Waiting for August 1st to order mine online.

But I am having trouble deciding what else to order with it to get to the free shipping threshold. If I get all the train motor stuff and lights, that adds $60 to it and gets me to free shipping. But I am also tempted to order a full on train set at the same time to get my motors, more track (that I seriously do not have room to set up), and pieces for MOC trains.
Brain is saying just get motors, because the tracks from Constitution Train Chase take up my biggest table, and it will cost me less right now to get it. But having train chassis plates for MOCs is tempting, but adds another $70 to cost. That is $70 that could get an actual set that I really want. Like Pirate Ship Ambush, or towards Ewok Village.

ghostmind

My vacation haul (pardon the photo quality):

4Tkpz1d.jpg

3315 Olivia's House
20215 MBA Level 4 - Invention Designer (this actually came from S@H while I was away)
41001 Mia's Magic Tricks
60021 Cargo Heliplane
60025 Grand Prix Truck
LEGO Batman: The Movie (w/ Clark Kent minifig)
The Yoda Chronicles book (w/Special Forces Commander minifig)
2 each of Stanley Deep Professional Organizer (1 shown)
2 each of Stanley Regular Professional Organizer (1 shown)
40078 Hot Dog Cart (not shown)

Brickset posted the second part of their review of Constitution Train Chase.

Many points that they bring up, I completely agree with. But I have to say I am in complete disagreement with this part:

Brickset said:
In my view, the Constitution Train Chase surpasses all other sets in this theme by some distance. This is high praise indeed given what it is coming up against, however I think it is completely justified in that both the Minifigures and the model itself are absolutely brilliant, even more so when the price is taken into account.

Sorry, Brickset. But Silver Mine Shootout shames this set for both the build and price point. Stagecoach Escape as well. That set packed so much cool stuff and looks so great for being a $30 set. Constitution Train Chase is a very, very solid set though. You get exactly what you pay for with it. Nothing more, nothing less. Whereas I can buy both Silver Mine Shootout AND Stagecoach Escape for the price of the train (at MSRP that is), and get so much more out of it.

But that is just my opinion.

EDIT:
ToysNBricks just posted links to Micro Bag End instructions.

dewdrop

Banned
Bros, I'm thinking about a little craft project this weekend for mini-fig display and I was wondering if anyone has a glue to recommend? I have a vague memory of a childhood diarama made with superglue that did some gnarly shit to the LEGO plastic.

Vyer

Damn man, I'm up to 7 pieces missing from this Millennium Falcon. Never had that kind of issue with a LEGO set before.

Bros, I'm thinking about a little craft project this weekend for mini-fig display and I was wondering if anyone has a glue to recommend? I have a vague memory of a childhood diarama made with superglue that did some gnarly shit to the LEGO plastic.
Out of curiosity, why glue?

ghostmind

As I contemplate building a LEGO city, using my existing CITY, Creator houses and Modular building sets, as well as others I would buy, I'm thinking more and more about the Friends sets.

LEGO doesn't seem to be interested in releasing many non-action-related sets in the CITY line, and I am left to decide whether to completely MOC things such as a bakery, beauty shop, restaurant or cafe, school, etc, or use the Friends sets (or MOD those sets).

As I contemplate building a LEGO city, using my existing CITY, Creator house and Modular building sets, as well as others I would buy, I'm thinking more and more about the Friends sets.

LEGO doesn't seem to be interested in releasing many non-action-related sets in the CITY line, and I am left to decide whether to completely MOC things such as a bakery, beauty shop, restaurant or cafe, school, etc, or use the Friends sets (or MOD those sets).
MOCs and mods to Friends sets are the way to roll.

There's lot of info out there for that. Search for shadow box frames also as a lot of people stuck bricks for those.

I have not used any of these or "glued" any LEGO bricks, but these may work:

Glue Dots. They have permanent and non-permanent ones.
http://www.gluedots.com/

Sugru.
https://sugru.com/go/lego

sugru_610x334.jpg

If you're talking about "gluing" LEGO bricks to each other permanently. LEGO uses some solvent so the bricks actually bond to each other.

Very much liked the BttF pics. Waiting for August 1st to order mine online.

But I am having trouble deciding what else to order with it to get to the free shipping threshold.

Delorean and 41999 4x4 Crawler, yo. Don't get any ideas, though; there are only 20,000 of the latter being made!

dewdrop

Banned
Out of curiosity, why glue?

Want to make some custom platforms and attach them to a vertical surface, I'll post some pics if it comes together.

There's lot of info out there for that. Search for shadow box frames also as a lot of people stuck bricks for those.

I have not used any of these or "glued" any LEGO bricks, but these may work:

Glue Dots. They have permanent and non-permanent ones.
http://www.gluedots.com/

Sugru.
https://sugru.com/go/lego

If you're talking about "gluing" LEGO bricks to each other permanently. LEGO uses some solvent so the bricks actually bond to each other.

Thanks, will check these out.

Fowler

My local (unofficial) LEGO store has opened pre-orders for the Back to the Future DeLorean.

They're offering a special pre-order deal, pay now, get it in late October.

The price?

US$128.

No words. Just... no words.

Top Bottom