• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

iuuk

Haha, sorry if that came off wrong, I may be just very fortunate with the sets I've bought. I'm a lightweight spender compared to others here!
Nah, it didn't come of wrong, I'm just making clear that the god send distribution seems to be very random, or recent. I'm really glad the Sopwith had one, because they're actually way better than the old ones. I had two of those, but of course the only bricks I misplace are smooth bricks.

ghostmind

Z9S3e.jpg

Mostly-superhero haul today. No Daily Bugle to be found, but I'm sure I will locate it soon.

Decided I will be getting the TMNT sets once the LEGO store has them in stock - the design videos convinced me, as it seems they have put a lot of thought and effort into this theme.

EDIT: For anyone interested (wetwired), the "Bat vs Bane" set is $40USD, which is a pretty good price considering you get the 3 exclusive movie minifigs.

Fantomex

Z9S3e.jpg

Mostly-superhero haul today. No Daily Bugle to be found, but I'm sure I will locate it soon.

Decided I will be getting the TMNT sets once the LEGO store has them in stock - the design videos convinced me, as it seems they have put a lot of thought and effort into this theme.

EDIT: For anyone interested (wetwired), the "Bat vs Bane" set is $40USD, which is a pretty good price considering you get the 3 exclusive movie minifigs.

what city are you in and what store? i saw tmnt at tru but no batman sets.... Please!

loki-tell-me.gif

TheGrue

I've been thinking about picking up some sets lately, between all the awesome LotR/Hobbit sets and seeing the Star Wars, DC, Marvel stuff. Then I realize...where the hell would I put these? When my son was into Legos, he wanted the more complex ones, but he was too young to really put them together and I absolutely loved doing it, but I know if I bought a set, I would put it together and want to have it laying around somewhere all put together. :(

ruxtpin

Banned
I went to the local Lego store today and saw the Daily Bugle set out. Instead I picked up another Bag End, another Uruk-Hai Army, Riddles for the Ring, and Attack of the Wargs. I passed on a beat up Pet Shop that was 30% off. My g/f told me we could go back and get it for my b-day, so I'm hoping it's still there in a few hours.

Went to my regular Target, and they have some clearanced Lego, too.

Naboo Starfighter was $25. Is it worth it? I mainly like the OT ships.

Also had the mini SW sets for $5, but the TIE Interceptor was $7.

Why are so many super hero sets based around bland vehicle designs? They couldn't come up with anything else? =/ I really want to get into those, but they're generally so uninspired. Quinjet being the exception...and some of the Batsets, I guess, as the character is well-suited to vehicle-oriented design.

ruxtpin

Banned
Went back for the damaged Pet Shop and it was gone!!! Ah well, I guess the surprise SSD makes up for it. Still haven't told the lady it's showin up on Monday

Went back for the damaged Pet Shop and it was gone!!! Ah well, I guess the surprise SSD makes up for it. Still haven't told the lady it's showin up on Monday

You snooze, you lose. But the SSD does more than make up for it. Congrats.

Still hoping and wishing hard that I get the SSD or at least enough money to put a dent into buying it for Christmas.

Finished Bag End. Awesome set, looks cool, and building the big window is AWESOME. Didn't know you could use the pieces you used in THAT way!

Only problem: The baseplates don't seem to fit together properly for me. Tried turning them around and using different pieces in different places, but there's always a weird flex that gets worse as you add more pieces across the plates.
Yeah, I had the same problem. Adding smaller pieces, especially directly on the baseplates, caused the baseplates to flex and separate from the main structure. It happened quite a bit, so it was frustrating as I had to frequently press everything back into place. I eventually just ended up attaching pieces while holding the set in one hand to avoid this. Thankfully, the structure was small enough to do this without too much trouble.

iuuk

Subtle. Took me a few moments to pick up on it.
I wouldn't make any big changes, the thing is pretty much perfect as it is, but this one was so simple I just had to do it. Once I've got the entire street i'll probably change it back, but as long as it's the only one I've got he can be Dutch.

It also just hit me that 'once I've got the entire street' will be about €400-450 later, and that is if I buy them before a new one is released.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wouldn't make any big changes, the thing is pretty much perfect as it is, but this one was so simple I just had to do it. Once I've got the entire street i'll probably change it back, but as long as it's the only one I've got he can be Dutch.

What would the Dutch know about LEGO Fire houses?

Woorloog

Banned
A few 1x1 plates and then cascading 1x2 plates if I am not mistaken.

Simple, yet creates a nice effect.

Oh. It is 6 plates high at each end? That explains it. I somehow thought it was 3 plates high.
Perspective hid that from me, somehow. It looks like it is flowing.

wetwired

So apparently there's leaked photos of the new Modular for 2013 floating around the internet, I can't seem to find them but apparently it's a cinema

Ainaurdur

Don't want to sound too harsh, but these things suck. Definitely my most disliked Lego product at the moment.

I'm not sure I would say your comment is harsh. We can all have opinions on things.

I kinda agree with you, as I have never really liked any of the original Bionicle stuff or the incarnations that have come since. These Chima ones are simply the latest of the style, using those pieces.

MisterNoisy

So the Great Target Clearance has begun. Picked up the following awesome sets:

LEGO City Bank & Money Transfer (3661) - $25
LEGO City Dump Truck (4434) - $8 (BOGO 50% off all City sets)

You never realize how great some sets are until they're half the price. :)

Hah! Picked up the same ones on these deals, too. Good times. :)

Chuck

Still without luck
Yeah I agree, this looks... crap. I rather liked their mini-figures since they're well detailed there, so I am baffled as to why they made this.

Well, they're cheap to produce (obviously), sell pretty well and they fill that action figure product made of 'lego' for them.

Top Bottom