• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

No worries, guys. Thanks, anyway! So tempted to Bricklink the BttF set, but I can't pass on the free shipping (over 150AUD); also gives me an "excuse" to buy more.

nny

3cy6lGH.jpg

This is my alltime favorite set, it's such a sleek looking design, great swooshability and a great color scheme. It's not my favorite theme mind you (Actually that would be Ice Planet) but both Blacktron themes had great colors...though I give the slight nod to Blacktron 1 because...black and yellow is a menacing combo.

I still have this one; great set.

DodgerSan

I know there's always been a disparity between US & UK prices, but the upcoming Jedi defender is ridiculous.

$90 vs £99. I don't know what TLG have against us Brits :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just a heads-up for those in the UK, Amazon has the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game up for preorder and lists a "Iron Patriot Minifigure Edition", so it looks like that's where we'll be getting ours from.

Jimbro72

Rumor time, courtesy of Empire911 on Eurobricks:

On the LEGO Star Wars lecture yesterday on Star Wars Celebration in Essen they said that there will be a whole new Original Trilogy series. They said: "If you like the new UCS Ewok Village, you will be very excited to see the new collection."

Apparently pictures could be made available in the next couple weeks.

I hope this means a collection that is full of more scene specific stuff like the Cantina or Cloud City or things of that nature and not just more vehicle only sets.

Canadians - Chapters Indigo online has the summer sets (Star Wars, Chima, City, Friends) available now, and you can use a one-item coupon (code GETONEFOR25OFF) to get 25% off, as well as free shipping on orders over $25.

Some sets are starting to sell out quickly though.

Thanks for posting this! If my home renovations weren't going to bankrupt me I'd be all over it.

Now to figure out how to sneak the BTTF set into the house this Thursday....

DodgerSan

Just a heads-up for those in the UK, Amazon has the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game up for preorder and lists a "Iron Patriot Minifigure Edition", so it looks like that's where we'll be getting ours from.

Nice, wondered what we'd get.

I'd love to get this for PS4, but at £20 more expensive for what will probably amount to slightly better textures there's no way. 360 it is.

Wow, cool, thanks.

So what is everyone's all time favourite Lego model? Doesn't have to be big or epic, just something you love.

I don't even have it, but I was just staring at my brother's AT-ST UCS. It was a model I always tried to build out of the meagre collection I had when I was younger, and seeing it realised officially was kind of special.

The original Star Destroyer is cool too, but I've never seen one in person.

This is the set as a little kid that got me hooked on LEGO. I rebuilt it not too long ago and it looks as good as I remember it. Usually memories are way better than when you view something again as an adult (especially cartoons and movies). Not in this case.

Built it for the first time after 30+ years. *sniff* So many childhood memories. Only 3 minor pieces missing. Hopefully will have time this weekend to finish up Bentbricks story. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Did I do something wrong? What's up with Canada? :)

And my kid made a Future Tech Cop Mech:
<snip>sweet mech action</snip>
Watch out criminals!!! 0_o

You didn't do anything wrong-we're just complaining that there's no Iron Patriot information for Canada yet so we're just sitting here...waiting.

Nice mech!

R-User!

You didn't do anything wrong-we're just complaining that there's no Iron Patriot information for Canada yet so we're just sitting here...waiting.

Nice mech!

I kinda thought that would be the "safe" assumption, but I've got so much on my plate I wasn't sure if I had overlooked Canada having good news already or something...

Move along. Move along.

Thanks for the comment about the mech, my son will like hearing it. :)

Nice mech!

yep, pretty much, also does anyone here have a few series 10 dupes they want to get rid of?

I am missing:

- Paintball Player
- Trendsetter
- Revolutionary Soldier
- Grandpa
- Bumblebee Girl
- Roman Commander
- Sad Clown

if you are in USA/Canada I can paypal you + postal service.
I am trying this before bricklinking them.

So close to finally having all mini figures, I want to complete my collection before LEGO deploys series 11

yep, pretty much, also does anyone here have a few series 10 dupes they want to get rid of?

I am missing:

- Paintball Player
- Trendsetter
- Revolutionary Soldier
- Grandpa
- Bumblebee Girl
- Roman Commander
- Sad Clown

So close to finally having all mini figures, I want to complete my collection before LEGO deploys series 11

I have Bumblebee Girl, you have any figures you'd want to trade or no? if not I can probably sell.. I have all the original bag and instructions as well.

Hi all, I’ve been reading this thread for a long time but only recently got approved to post. I didn’t know that it would take so long to get approved. I think the escrow when I bought my first house was shorter. LOL

Just a little about myself. I’ve been collecting for a few years now. I have quite a bit of a backlog as it’s hard to find time to build with two kids (one and five year olds) and I have display space issues. I do have one set on display, Lego 10030 Star Wars UCS ISD. Even though it’s been displayed for a while, I still stare at it in awe from time to time. It's so ridiculously awesome. I like it better than the new SSD. I was mainly into Star Wars, but I’ve also started collecting the modulars (Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Palace Cinema in backlog) and other sets (Horizon Express, Sopwith Camel, etc). In addition to Legos, I also collect Star Wars prop replicas, mainly Master Replicas and eFX.

Hey Phonciple, I went to the Lego store over the weekend and checked the PAB wall for you. They didn’t have any gray 2x2 tiles that you wanted, or any 2x2 tiles for that matter. Sorry.

A note to all, this is the best singular Lego thread that I’ve ever had the pleasure to read. Lots of great info and insight…just plain awesome.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I miss all the semi-classic space themes, mostly those with the unique pallete of plastic 'glass'.

tdb24e7_totPNv52zfxJP7N.jpg

3206799749_bedd0322d1.jpg

6923_brickset.jpg

actually almost managed to build this one again, maybe some day

6957-1.jpg
Also, classic castle sets. So glad when I actually found almost all the pieces for this in my Lego stash from 199X
jbgxCKSxceSDIW.png

SpeedNut

Finally bought some Series 10 with my S@H order to pad it up and over for the Hot Dog Cart.

Bought 10 bags, got the following:
1 Baseball Fielder
1 Grandpa
3 Motorcycle Mechanics
1 Paintball Player
1 Sea Captain
1 Skydiver
2 Roman Commanders

Honestly I would have been pissed if I didn't get one Paintball Player out of the bunch, so +1 for that.

DJ_Lae

Warp Stinger is on clearance at the Walmart near me. I already bought a bunch of other stuff this month including a new barbecue so I didn't bite, but checking now I realize that its MSRP is $40CDN.

It was on clearance for $20.

Toppot

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Spider-Man Noir, I've designed a minifig and have been playing with the idea of getting it made. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what sites make custom minifigs, how much it would cost (£) or how much it would cost to make it myself? This is the design. I really wish there was a colour between dark grey and black, I'm also worried the new Lego game will have him as an alternative suit and then there would be an 'official' design xD

I am missing:

- Paintball Player
- Trendsetter
- Revolutionary Soldier
- Grandpa
- Bumblebee Girl
- Roman Commander
- Sad Clown

I have Revo Soldier and Grandpa, and I could be persuaded to lose Bumblebee Girl. However, I'm not in the US so it might not be worth the shipping (although it's fairly cheap at that weight).

Also, I just built the first floor of Grand Emporium while watching Ratatouille and then Thor. Complex thing, that. It's a bit boring though. The internal details are neat, but the back walls are as boring as they were on Fire Brigade, and the front panels, while neat on their own, are tedious to build four of. The great things are the front sign (although I knew that already) and the revolving doors. They're so well balanced and spin so well. But I haven't had a "that's awesome" moment like with the lower middle window on FB, the spaced out door and window or indeed the front panels of that building.

Although, I think I may turn this thing awesome yet...

I have Revo Soldier and Grandpa, and I could be persuaded to lose Bumblebee Girl. However, I'm not in the US so it might not be worth the shipping (although it's fairly cheap at that weight).

Also, I just built the first floor of Grand Emporium while watching Ratatouille and then Thor. Complex thing, that. It's a bit boring though. The internal details are neat, but the back walls are as boring as they were on Fire Brigade, and the front panels, while neat on their own, are tedious to build four of. The great things are the front sign (although I knew that already) and the revolving doors. They're so well balanced and spin so well. But I haven't had a "that's awesome" moment like with the lower middle window on FB, the spaced out door and window or indeed the front panels of that building.

Although, I think I may turn this thing awesome yet...

I'll PM you

It's not even up on the website yet, right?

BNQq0rm.jpg

I would have snatched that set up so fast, it would make your head spin. Did you buy it??

Anyone have more info on this set? I heard that it will be released on 8/1/13, but there's no info on S@H and the Lego store employee I talked to had no clue what I was talking about when I asked. He did however say that all the BTTF sets they got in were all sold. grrrrr

R-User!

Hi all, I’ve been reading this thread for a long time but only recently got approved to post. I didn’t know that it would take so long to get approved. I think the escrow when I bought my first house was shorter. LOL

Just a little about myself. I’ve been collecting for a few years now. I have quite a bit of a backlog as it’s hard to find time to build with two kids (one and five year olds) and I have display space issues. I do have one set on display, Lego 10030 Star Wars UCS ISD. Even though it’s been displayed for a while, I still stare at it in awe from time to time. It's so ridiculously awesome. I like it better than the new SSD. I was mainly into Star Wars, but I’ve also started collecting the modulars (Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Palace Cinema in backlog) and other sets (Horizon Express, Sopwith Camel, etc). In addition to Legos, I also collect Star Wars prop replicas, mainly Master Replicas and eFX.

Hey Phonciple, I went to the Lego store over the weekend and checked the PAB wall for you. They didn’t have any gray 2x2 tiles that you wanted, or any 2x2 tiles for that matter. Sorry.

A note to all, this is the best singular Lego thread that I’ve ever had the pleasure to read. Lots of great info and insight…just plain awesome.

riQP4stl.jpg

I know what you mean. Welcome to ABS Anonymous, where habits are feed and rationalized.

Warp Stinger is on clearance at the Walmart near me. I already bought a bunch of other stuff this month including a new barbecue so I didn't bite, but checking now I realize that its MSRP is $40CDN.

It was on clearance for $20.

Buy now, return later Daniel San.

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Spider-Man Noir, I've designed a minifig and have been playing with the idea of getting it made. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what sites make custom minifigs, how much it would cost (£) or how much it would cost to make it myself? This is the design. I really wish there was a colour between dark grey and black, I'm also worried the new Lego game will have him as an alternative suit and then there would be an 'official' design xD

Not many regular posters that are customizers here. Wetwired does, but he hasn't been to active lately. Possibly due to his Kickstarter project.

Where did you find the custom information for the Spider-Man Noir?

As for customization, the cheapest route is to do water-slide decals. Just search for "water slide lego" on youtube or internet.

Pad-printing is the best method as that's basically what LEGO uses; however, it's pricey. The costs go down though the larger the number of prints you do as costs are mainly due to the initial setup.

Citizen Bricks does custom pad printing for customizers.
Custom Pad printing

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is the set as a little kid that got me hooked on LEGO. I rebuilt it not too long ago and it looks as good as I remember it. Usually memories are way better than when you view something again as an adult (especially cartoons and movies). Not in this case.

Built it for the first time after 30+ years. *sniff* So many childhood memories. Only 3 minor pieces missing. Hopefully will have time this weekend to finish up Bentbricks story. by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

For old sets, this or my 8860 technic chassis, which I rebought from eBay a few years ago. So good.

Modern sets, really difficult. All three of my trains (emerald night, maersk, horizon express), VW camper and Imperial Shuttle would probably be on the shortlist.

I like the sound of a new OT series. Come on new UCS falcon. You can have all my money. Don't particularly want playsets, I'm more into ships

I like the sound of a new OT series. Come on new UCS falcon. You can have all my money. Don't particularly want playsets, I'm more into ships

I'm more into ships/vehicles as well.

Does anyone think Lego will ever re-release the UCS Falcon? If you asked me last year, I would have said no, but after seeing them re-release the UCS X-Wing, I'm having some second thoughts. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

So I got into lego earlier this year and my gf and I spent a lot in a short time and have since stopped...until this weekend. I let my Star Wars nerd come to the surface and got some stuff. I haven't really posted my collection here before, and it's pretty small, so here it is:

Xoe4iii.jpg

My police station/park. I built a storage shed thing on the left side, there is a fountain with a small pool for the mermaid, and a decent amount of room for random people. Along with the cops.
MYbdyfL.jpg

The concert with a bunch of random minifigures there. My girlfriend built this and I love it.
mMTapx4.jpg

Arkham. We haven't really done any changes to it, except for adding the bat-thing from one of the collector series as the unofficial "Man-Bat" and making him hang off of the top balcony.
Dpq5BEg.jpg

My brand new TIE Fighter and small army of Imperials. I am quite proud of it.
R6igQpm.jpg

A squad of rebels in the forest I built. They're all a bit crammed in there, but hey. It's a spot for em.

Any suggestions are certainly welcome. I need to hang back for a bit now, but the hope is to buy the X-Wing at some point(Not UCS), probably in about a month or so with birthday money. Maybe get the A-Wing as well. Buying another TIE Fighter would certainly be on the table too. I should probably get Vader at some point.

And I haven't posted pictures on gaf in a while and I am under the assumption that the new beta update auto-resizes. So I'm leaving them but if I need to I'll certainly come back and re-size/quote image them. Sorry in advance if it happens.

Phoner

Neo Member
Hello Everyone!

I've also followed this thread for a long time waiting my approval which took about two months.

Recently managed to get BttF, but I wasn't quite happy with the bonnet, so I spent a few hours trying out several variants with 6x8 slope. In the end came up with this result. My aim was to find a way to integrate the 6x8 slope by using as minimum additional parts as possible and trying to maintain the original looks as much as possible. Playability is not affected with this mod, doors still open freely and the two minifigs fit in.

s7uw.jpg

uznr.jpg

eqv6.jpg

znc2.jpg

0hvq.jpg

17u5.jpg

jila.jpg

fmmj.jpg

shv3.jpg

gdx3.jpg

9sh4.jpg

dewdrop

Banned
mechtowne welcomes its two newest members:

put this bad boy against the wall on a sort of raised bar/counter in my kitchen. looks great on the stone and looking at it from slightly below really emphasizes the scale of the thing. so damn cool:

I am slightly disappointed with the Orthanc ent though--his swinging right arm being locked straight up-and-down gives him kind of a weird look, and the arm can't swing a full 180 degrees without bumping his leg almost no matter how I pose. nonetheless, turns out Orthanc was worth it for Orthanc :)

Toppot

Not many regular posters that are customizers here. Wetwired does, but he hasn't been to active lately. Possibly due to his Kickstarter project.

Where did you find the custom information for the Spider-Man Noir?

As for customization, the cheapest route is to do water-slide decals. Just search for "water slide lego" on youtube or internet.

Pad-printing is the best method as that's basically what LEGO uses; however, it's pricey. The costs go down though the larger the number of prints you do as costs are mainly due to the initial setup.

Citizen Bricks does custom pad printing for customizers.
Custom Pad printing

Thanks for the reply =] I might consider sending him a PM to ask about the process.

I made the custom Spider-Man Noir design myself in Illustrator.

Water slide decals look like a good idea, though it seems transparent decals (which I would have to use) work best on light colours and I think the Dark Grey Lego I'd use might be too dark. Pad printing is way out of my price range xD Citizen brick say they don't do copyrighted stuff like super heroes, though they clearly have Breaking Bad on there. I found that http://minifigs.me/ will do a completely custom minifig for £30 which seems good but a little expensive still, I can do it cheaper on there site but it's more complicated to order. I'll look more into how much doing it myself would be, thanks =]

rallaren

Any suggestions are certainly welcome. I need to hang back for a bit now, but the hope is to buy the X-Wing at some point(Not UCS), probably in about a month or so with birthday money. Maybe get the A-Wing as well. Buying another TIE Fighter would certainly be on the table too. I should probably get Vader at some point.
I can only recommend 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

put this bad boy against the wall on a sort of raised bar/counter in my kitchen. looks great on the stone and looking at it from slightly below really emphasizes the scale of the thing. so damn cool:
I can see that looking good. With the right space the Death Star would look pretty cool in the kitchen too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hello Everyone!

I've also followed this thread for a long time waiting my approval which took about two months.

Recently managed to get BttF, but I wasn't quite happy with the bonnet, so I spent a few hours trying out several variants with 6x8 slope. In the end came up with this result. My aim was to find a way to integrate the 6x8 slope by using as minimum additional parts as possible and trying to maintain the original looks as much as possible. Playability is not affected with this mod, doors still open freely and the two minifigs fit in.

s7uw.jpg

Looks good. I plan to do the same thing when I get the set (assuming the set really isn't €50 here for some weird reason).

R-User!

So I got into lego earlier this year and my gf and I spent a lot in a short time and have since stopped...until this weekend. I let my Star Wars nerd come to the surface and got some stuff. I haven't really posted my collection here before, and it's pretty small, so here it is:

Xoe4iii.jpg

My police station/park. I built a storage shed thing on the left side, there is a fountain with a small pool for the mermaid, and a decent amount of room for random people. Along with the cops.
MYbdyfL.jpg

The concert with a bunch of random minifigures there. My girlfriend built this and I love it.
mMTapx4.jpg

Arkham. We haven't really done any changes to it, except for adding the bat-thing from one of the collector series as the unofficial "Man-Bat" and making him hang off of the top balcony.
Dpq5BEg.jpg

My brand new TIE Fighter and small army of Imperials. I am quite proud of it.
R6igQpm.jpg

A squad of rebels in the forest I built. They're all a bit crammed in there, but hey. It's a spot for em.

And I haven't posted pictures on gaf in a while and I am under the assumption that the new beta update auto-resizes. So I'm leaving them but if I need to I'll certainly come back and re-size/quote image them. Sorry in advance if it happens.

riQP4stl.jpg

R-User!

Hello Everyone!

Pic snips

riQP4stl.jpg

Jimbro72

Welcome. The part I put in bold sounds exactly like me. Big backlog due to time constraints (for me, twin 19 month old daughters) and also little room left to put stuff once built, hence my taking apart and packing up a lot of stuff I've already had on display for many years. As more shelf space opens up, I'm still left with reason #1 as to why the backlog doesn't get smaller as fast as I'd like.

Jimbro72

I did finish up the Grand Emporium this weekend and got it added to the new modular shelf I've made room for. Only room for one more on that shelf, though, which will be the Palace Cinema, once that is bought. For now, here is how I have them displayed. Disregard the several knocked over minifigs. They'll be put upright tomorrow once my hot dog cart arrives in the mail from S@H and can be added to the display.

I just noticed the Friends promo for next month is a Wal-Mart poly bag...which I picked up this afternoon...but since it's soooo easy to get one, I still may shoot for one when August rolls around.

Annnnd is anyone interested in the Galactic Titan? I bought it but am not in love with it after putting it together (I'm crazy, I know) and wouldn't mind selling it to put the moolah toward other things...

I did finish up the Grand Emporium this weekend and got it added to the new modular shelf I've made room for. Only room for one more on that shelf, though, which will be the Palace Cinema, once that is bought. For now, here is how I have them displayed. Disregard the several knocked over minifigs. They'll be put upright tomorrow once my hot dog cart arrives in the mail from S@H and can be added to the display.

Either your pics are HD clear or your sets are clean and free of dust, or maybe both!

Very nice display. The more and more I look at Town Hall, the more I want it. How do you rate it among the other modulars?

I just noticed the Friends promo for next month is a Wal-Mart poly bag...which I picked up this afternoon...but since it's soooo easy to get one, I still may shoot for one when August rolls around.

Annnnd is anyone interested in the Galactic Titan? I bought it but am not in love with it after putting it together (I'm crazy, I know) and wouldn't mind selling it to put the moolah toward other things...
The more I look back on the Titan, the less I like it as well. A really cool build for most of it, but it might fall in the rankings. Perhaps a rebuild is in order.

Jimbro72

Either your pics are HD clear or your sets are clean and free of dust, or maybe both!

Very nice display. The more and more I look at Town Hall, the more I want it. How do you rate it among the other modulars?

Well, considering I'm still taking pics with an 8 yr old 7mp Sony Cybershot, it's probably the lack of dust if you think they look that good. All 4 of those sets have been built in the past 6 months and my collection room is in the basement, where there is very little human or pet traffic at this point, so I think that helps keep things relatively dust free for the most part down there.

As far as rating town hall, if definitely lags behind FB and PS as far as cool techniques and "wow" moments as you build it. And with a few exceptions (the roof and the pillars on front steps), it is a pretty straight forward build. Some might find parts of it a little boring but I found it enjoyable for the most part. Like the Grand Emporium, I think the finished product is it's strength, as I love how tall it is and how it towers over the rest of the modular buildings.

The more I look back on the Titan, the less I like it as well. A really cool build for most of it, but it might fall in the rankings. Perhaps a rebuild is in order.

0XOXPFI.jpg

I think for me, I was hoping for a land based space vehicle that could blow the the M-Tron tank out of the water...something about the build just seems lacking to me...doesn't help it's not easy holding the aircraft...not good for swooshability.

On another note, I still can't believe how big that darn thing is, still amazes me whenever I put it together again.

Top Bottom