• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

SkP8YPF.jpg

WhiteFang's review of CMF Series 11 is up:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85145

iUirAjV.jpg

Nooooooo I just finished completing my collection!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeesss!!!!!

Edit: BttF 45$ Canadian dollars plus tax!!!!!!

timthumb.php

Finally watched it. Great review for a great set. And that set is built like a tank too. My wife accidentally knocked it off the table the other night. The only things that broke off as it hit the floor were the two fins at the top holding the antennae, and one lounge chair on the front. The rest was intact and solid.
If anything, my wife accidentally knocking it to the floor made me appreciate the set even more since now I know how sturdy it is.

Sound advice. Dolphin Cruiser is such a great set.

Damn good price for all that. Damn good.

Yea, sure.

Fucking hell! Just found out about the Back To The Future LEGO. Released today!

My dreams have come true. I've honestly been waiting for this for 25 years.

Ponn

Banned
BttF set is available on Amazon.com in U.S. $34.99, No tax (for some), free shipping. Free 2 day shipping if you have prime. I've been back and forth but I think i'm going to bite since I don't have to get $40 more of stuff to get free shipping from S@H.

My local LEGO stores aren't getting the BttF set until tomorrow. Ah well....I'll have to wait.

There are a number of discounts at Chapters locations across Ontario as well but I didn't see anything substantial like they're reporting on Toysnbricks. Vampyre Hearse was 20% off as were a few other sets.

I did notice that they have some new SW sets like the Mandalorian Speeder and the Jek Starfighter thing. The figs in the latter are amazing. Darth Maul's legs look janky in the former...I thought he had spider legs, not robot legs.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Sold out of BttF sets at the LEGO store I went to just for it. Looks like I can get it at amazon so problem solved.

They also had the a the new technic set and the architecture set from the Barnes and noble thing. Sold out of the technic set in like 4 minutes.

Someone on another board mentioned that he hopes the new 41999 Exclusive Crawler doesn't encounter the same fiasco the Lego Minecraft set went through. I don't play Minecraft so I don't know what happened with the Lego set. Can someone enlighten me as to what happened with that set?

frogg609

Wanted to order that Technic 4 x 4 Crawler exclusive edition. However, I just bought a bunch of upgrades for my computer, so I think I will probably miss out on it. :(

This is ridiculous. DeLorean is 582 SEK on S@H, on the Swedish page. On the UK page, it's £34.99. That's 350 SEK!

That the US price is stupidly low isn't anything new. But how the hell are they justifying that another European country gets to pay basically half the price? We have about 5% more VAT, that's it!

I was interested, but I'm not getting it at that ridiculous price. Not to mention that it's already sold out. Whatever.

Ahhh! Went to Toys R Us to pick it up but it wasn't on the shelves, so asked a member of staff and they got it out the back for me. I could only afford one today, but I'm going to pick up another next week for playing with:

BttF set is available on Amazon.com in U.S. $34.99, No tax (for some), free shipping. Free 2 day shipping if you have prime. I've been back and forth but I think i'm going to bite since I don't have to get $40 more of stuff to get free shipping from S@H.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered a set from Amazon. I should receive by Tuesday. Looks like it needs an extra day or two to process.

I had to cancel the S@H order I made for the DeLorean and noticed that it was already showing as "back ordered" in my order history. Anyone else seeing that?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Bone, they have a ton of light gray 2x2 flat tiles. Do you want a cup?

Calm Killer

They had a sign behind the counter at the TYsons corner LEGO store that said no holds and 1 per customer for the deloren. I took a pick but I can't get my iPhone to show me the link to post.

Chuck

Still without luck
Why reluctantly? I noticed that a few complicated models on CUUSOO had been knocked back for something that would sell more instead. Gotta make money I suppose :/

It's more them not fully embracing the idea of Cuusoo. What they've done thus far seems to be them taking the safest bets on everything. They could have easily done a 600 or 700 piece Delorean.

mojiimbo

Have you heard anything about future 10% off coupons excluding the expensive exclusive sets(Arkham or maybe Camel and up), Chuck?

Pyrogeek

My Millennium Falcon arrived yesterday so I know what I am doing this weekend.

That brings my Star Wars collection up to:
X-Wing (Not UCS)
Tie-Fighter
Y-Wing
A-Wing
Millennium Falcon

And a few of the smaller sets like the Endor speeder bike, the Sarlacc skiff set, escape pod with droids, and a clone wars walker with Yoda.

Just need to convince the wife to let me get the Death Star and my original trilogy minifig collection will be fully operational.

I was kind of surprised that UK toys'r'us had the BTTF set available (they tend to be pretty crappy for exclusive-y stuff over here - I still want my ghostbusters 2 action figure set.)

also if you spend over £15 they have a free Geoffrey giraffe lego set

8824023482398.jpg

which I think is kind of neat.

Calm Killer

Pick you up a half cup bone. I threw in some of the of the L type stud bricks they use in fire brigade to make the brick pattern as well. They are white. I'll ship it out when I get home tomorrow.

ghostmind

LEGO store screwed up my hold on the BttF set and sold it. Now they are not sure when it will be back. Decided to just order it from S@H as it was listed as "In Stock". Got an email an hour after placing the order, saying the set was out of stock, and as such my shipment would be delayed.

I'm not sure whether its management, manufacturing or shipping, but TLG has been dropping the ball this year, more frequently than in previous. Is it incompetence, inexperience with their rising popularity, or can they simply not keep production up with demand?

totally gonna throw that fall set in an order if I do a shop at home thing anytime soon.

and for set retirement watch: Orc's forge and gandalf arrives are both marked retiring soon on S@h now. Helm's deep and moria aren't marked for retirement yet so I don't have to panic shop.

dewdrop

Banned
totally gonna throw that fall set in an order if I do a shop at home thing anytime soon.

and for set retirement watch: Orc's forge and gandalf arrives are both marked retiring soon on S@h now. Helm's deep and moria aren't marked for retirement yet so I don't have to panic shop.

Both the Forge and Gandalf Arrives are out of stock--wonder if that makes the all the way retired now?

LEGO store screwed up my hold on the BttF set and sold it. Now they are not sure when it will be back. Decided to just order it from S@H as it was listed as "In Stock". Got an email an hour after placing the order, saying the set was out of stock, and as such my shipment would be delayed.

I'm not sure whether its management, manufacturing or shipping, but TLG has been dropping the ball this year, more frequently than in previous. Is it incompetence, inexperience with their rising popularity, or can they simply not keep production up with demand?

Probably inexperience with the rising popularity but that's on them to know their market. They should really have tons and tons of these BttF sets honestly, it may be a couple decades old but it invokes a lot of good memories from people and you know they'd be all over something like this. When you make stuff based of popular properties, be prepared. Anyways, I hope everyone who wants that set can get one! I doubt they'll let me grab more than one but I may see if I can grab one for anyone having issue finding one this weekend.

mojiimbo

The Lego store here hasn't had Moria or Helm's Deep on the shelves since June. Even the first wave Hobbit sets are starting to thin out.

Target has both Moria and Helms Deep along with Uruk Hai Army on clearance right now if you can find them in stock.

Jimbro72

Damn, that sucks. It definitely seems like they aren't quite prepared to handled these bigger releases. I have a very limited experience with buying from S@H the moment something popular drops but so far, I am not that impressed with their ability to deal with large numbers of people ordering the same set. Not what you'd expect from the #1 toy company in the world.

Never got an email from Lego, but my order status in the site says it shipped. Now to wait.

This feels like the May 4th B-Wing order for me all over again. I placed my order 10 minutes before midnight eastern time last night and still have yet to get an order confirmation. Though I did notice the status of mine went from "customer service" to "in process" just this afternoon, so I guess that is something.

ruxtpin

Banned
Managed to snag the LE Crawler at the Lego store in Alpharetta, GA. They said a couple were bought this morning and still had about 9 left (or so I was told).

Making the big move all day tomorrow, but after my morning run on Saturday I'm gonna' sit my butt down and build my first technic set (and then chase the cat around).

neonglow

ordered BttF and the jedi defender from s@h this morning. i am torn on ordering the crawler now.

Me too. I just bought the regular version from Amazon UK for $140. The exclusive edition looks impressive but I don't know if I want to drop more money for a variant. I just wish they'd sell the body kit separately.

Managed to snag the LE Crawler at the Lego store in Alpharetta, GA. They said a couple were bought this morning and still had about 9 left (or so I was told).

Making the big move all day tomorrow, but after my morning run on Saturday I'm gonna' sit my butt down and build my first technic set (and then chase the cat around).

LE Crawler?

Top Bottom