• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

To anyone interested, I have a BN coupon for 15% off anything. The summer Friends, Creator, LOTR, and Star Wars sets have been showing up there, and at MSRP. Also the Architecture Studio set.

If anyone wants the coupon, PM me. First one gets it.

iuuk

Oh..the BttF set just dropped from 50 to 40 euros on the Dutch S@H. I wonder what happened.
Maybe they read GAF and thought that three people complaining was just way too many? (I guess either sales were disappointing or it really was a mistake)

But thanks for the heads up on that, €40 is decent. Time to order.

My wife found a LEGO manicure on Pinterest

VJvKc7T.jpg

This should suck them in, fellas.

Anybody have any luck getting a price knocked down on crushes boxes at Wal-Mart? I was there earlier this week and they had two Xwings with absolutely destroyed boxes that were being taped together to survive.

Amazon has them at $45, so getting like a $15-$20 discount for a completely mangled box at walmart would be awesome rather than paying the $60 they have now.

If they don't do that I probably won't bother but just wondering if anyone has any experience.

Looks like the freebie pack-in and my BttF are stuck in a Customer Service state where as the LE Crawler is still on backorder. What's that about? Am I to expect a phone call or something?

I'm in the same situation, and I ordered both before they went on back order on the site. I emailed customer service about it so hopefully they'll let me know what's going on.

Man I really hope they produce enough of these sets to meet the demand. I put mine together and thought it looked great, though I'd prefer the slanted roof a bit more to make it resemble the Delorean even more.

My wife found a LEGO manicure

VJvKc7T.jpg

This should suck them in, fellas.

I hate to break it to you, but she got a LEGO clone manicure. Kinda looks like Mega-Bloks manicure. The studs are missing the LEGO letters. Sorry. :) So when she sticks her hands in a pile of bricks, do bricks stick to the studs?

I hate to break it to you, but she got a LEGO clone manicure. Kinda looks like Mega-Bloks manicure. The studs are missing the LEGO letters. Sorry. :) So when she sticks her hands in a pile of bricks, do bricks stick to the studs?

I should have said, "she found a LEGO manicure online". She's not crazy enough to do this.

Jimbro72

Just got the notice that my LEGO order has shipped with my BttF set and the LE Crawler set (and another hot dog cart). Odd that I never got the order confirmation email, like usual. Now the wait begins for my first non-SW technic set since I was a kid.

Ponn

Banned
So i got shipping notice bttf from amazon, will be getting it tuesday along with my release date delivery Dragons Crown.

Im imploring lego gaf, please, PLEASE do not post cool pics of the BttF set and town hall. For the sake of my wallet dont do it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
LE crawler is a little frustrating for people like me that bought the original. I can't justify a second one, especially when the chassis seems identical. But the body is so much nicer. I wish they'd do a body only kit..

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Here is my PAB haul from yesterday. The one on the left is for Bone.

9425191598_b9ef96b2b1_c.jpg

And this was the sign behind the counter.

9414754307_d0f9f7488d_c.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
LE crawler is a little frustrating for people like me that bought the original. I can't justify a second one, especially when the chassis seems identical. But the body is so much nicer. I wish they'd do a body only kit..

Parts!

But really, what's the story behind the LE Crawler? Why was it even made?

Target Clearance finally came thru for me.

Quinjet for $35.

some scalper bought up *all* the other clearance, though--Monster Fighters, Marvel/DC, and some Creator. Only reason he left the quinjets was because he just had a basket to carry things in, and not a cart. :/

Quinjet for $35.

some scalper bought up *all* the other clearance, though--Monster Fighters, Marvel/DC, and some Creator. Only reason he left the quinjets was because he just had a basket to carry things in, and not a cart. :/

Congrats on Quinjet for $35. Enjoy it.

And frak the scalper. Right in the ear.

Chuck

Still without luck
voted for a bunch of cuusoo projects including bentbricks'. There's still no Regular Show project on the site though and that makes me sad. :(

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Quinjet for $35.

Congrats! I have yet to build mine. Waiting to move into my house before I build anything. But from all the rave reviews here I can not wait.

shadow29

Neo Member
voted for a bunch of cuusoo projects including bentbricks'. There's still no Regular Show project on the site though and that makes me sad. :(

True but outside of the house and maybe a cart, there really aren't that many "must have" sets I think. The show does alot of cool things, I just can't think of any I'd really like to have made into lego though.

I was about to post to moan about not being interested in the recent lego stuff, then ... holy crap the Delorean is out!!

Now ordered :eek:)

neonglow

They are slightly different. The motors are different. It also comes with LED lights for the headlight and about 250 more pieces.

Calm Killer

They are slightly different. The motors are different. It also comes with LED lights for the headlight and about 250 more pieces.

I was really thinking about buying the set on the shelves at the store the day I was there. I have zero interest in it, but I thought about profiting by selling it. But I left them there for someone else who hopefully can enjoy it.

I should have said, "she found a LEGO manicure online". She's not crazy enough to do this.

I'll stop acting like Snapes picking on poor ole Harry all the time. :)
I assumed you were joking and that was some online photo you found. I was just messing.

What project of mine? You talking about my desire for "The Guild" minifigs?

Thinking about it, you could probably do the two main characters.

Mordekai - Chicken wings in lt blue. Will have to make concessions on the head and maybe use some Chima mould. Legs would use the Darth Maul robot hip thingy and use the robot arms they use everywhere now for the legs. Feet would be 1x2 modified plate with the hinge thingy to connect.

Rigby - Skunk mould with short legs should do it.

Get working and submit it. I'd vote for it and that show has a cult following. My kids watch it.

Yeah, the DeLorean is lowered in Sweden too. Now for a low, low $83.

Also, what do you think of this little piece that I will make for a MOC?

9vHwXTC.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
True but outside of the house and maybe a cart, there really aren't that many "must have" sets I think. The show does alot of cool things, I just can't think of any I'd really like to have made into lego though.

I could think of enough to fill out a whole theme! The house and cart are key. I would also suggest The Coffee Shop would have to be one and maybe Skips' house or Muscle Man's trailer.

Also Mordecai would need to have the long Woody legs with Rigby having the small (hopefully new and opposable) ones

Wal-Mart ended up knocking 20% off the X-Wing with the damaged box. I asked a lady nearby if I would get a discount, she called over a manager or somebody, and we started talking. He said standard discount for this type of thing is 10%, I just started making stuff up like "Well if I want to unload this down the line, having a brand new box can almost double the potential price. And since I can't double my price in a few years, I'd at least like to halve my price now."

He just got a confused look on his face and asked "50% off? Can't do that. I can do 15%..." and I shook my head and put it back on the shelf. He stammered a bit and said "Okay fine 20% that's my max. No more."

$12 off makes it just a hair more than Amazon price, and since I could actually put it together today(just got done, fantastic build), I said screw it.

It absolutely blew my mind when I found out that there was front landing gear. I don't know why, but I was not expecting that at all.

shadow29

Neo Member
I could think of enough to fill out a whole theme! The house and cart are key. I would also suggest The Coffee Shop would have to be one and maybe Skips' house or Muscle Man's trailer.

Also Mordecai would need to have the long Woody legs with Rigby having the small (hopefully new and opposable) ones

True they could be used. I would say a minifig sized the Power would be awesome. And perhaps a bunch of baby ducks.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ugh I want to go to a LEGO retail store so bad :) pick-a-brick sounds so fun.

Anyway I ordered the BttF set and Dolphin Cruiser off shop.lego.com (got the two freebie sets as well)

Excited!

Calm Killer

Friday CITY-building (and Atlantis) haul:

mT6SpSV.jpg

Nice haul. Can you still find 4202 in the wild? I want that set but haven't seen it. Although I haven't been actively lookin for it either.

Top Bottom