• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Yuuup. Never would have bought it if that discount hadn't been steep enough to reach logic-override levels. They get a small stock of the sets for any disney film that gets legos. I wish my personal lego dark age had ended back when the Pirates sets were still in production. Imagine snagging a discount of that magnitude on the Black Pearl or Queen anne's revenge...
So, how did you like Silver Mine? Or have you not built it yet.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So yeah, €50 for BttF set on LEGO NL store - no thanks.

Also noticed the Batman, LotR, Chima LEGO Games sets there - thought they were cancelled. Guess not! Time to collect more microfigures!

So, how did you like Silver Mine? Or have you not built it yet.

Haven't built it yet. I am currently visiting family far far away from where I normally live. It's gonna be a bitch to transport even without assembling it first.

Gonna assemble the most magnificent lego world when I get back though.

I need to go check out bricklink for greek/roman architecture type pieces. I want medusa to have the glorious temple she deserves.

EDIT:City of Atlantis seems to have some of what I want...

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just called the Tysons corner LEGO store to see if they would have the BttF set tomorrow. They already sold out. Potomac mills has 1 left so I am goin to try and get there first thing in the morning. Hopefully I get lucky.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Bought em yesterday. Clearance more than made up for any disney tax. I think stagecoach was 20, the teepee set was like 10, and silver mine was 40.

Holy crap. I will definitely be checking out the Disney store tomorrow!

Just called the Tysons corner LEGO store to see if they would have the BttF set tomorrow. They already sold out. Potomac mills has 1 left so I am goin to try and get there first thing in the morning. Hopefully I get lucky.

Call first. They are allowed to hold until end of day. Save that gas money for more LEGO.

Calm Killer

I got denied about them holding it since they said it was a new item. It was first come first serve.

Yea they didn't really act like they were willing to hold it.

So I read on the s@h website today that the Star Wars 9489 Endor two stormtroopers/two rebels set is retiring soon.

Anyone got a site that lists everything that is retiring soon?

neonglow

The Back to the Future set is now available on LEGO Shop@Home. It's limit 2 per person. I would add another $5 set to get free shipping.

The site is crawling right now. Trying to order.

It is for me too. I ordered the 41999 Exclusive Crawler and it charged me shipping even though it was over $75. There was a message that said that if my order was entitled to promotions, it will be handled later due to technical issues they are having with the site.

Order submitted. Only took a few minutes of pain. Waiting for confirmation email.

The shipping cost on a set this small is less than the cost of gas for me.

ghostmind

SkP8YPF.jpg

WhiteFang's review of CMF Series 11 is up:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85145

iUirAjV.jpg

secret rob

Neo Member
Finally got through. Hope I can add the points back to my VIP if it doesn't take. Bought all of the Aug 1st stuff and that's a lot of points to miss out on.

Dem scalpers need their sets! Glad there is a limit of 2 though. I was tempted to order a second one, but did not.

I was tempted to order another 41999, but didn't either. The wife would kill me if she found out I bought one, let alone two!

I'm still waiting for my order confirmation email. It's been 20 minutes since I placed my order. I also don't see it in my order status view. I'm not worried though. I see a pending charge on my credit card already.

Good luck guys!

Redberyl

Neo Member
Not normally a Technic person but went ahead and got the exclusive edition crawler, hopefully they're still doing the hot dog stand promo, otherwise I'll have missed out : (

BttF set has been ordered. Now to pray for enough money from birthday cards to pay for most of Sydney Opera House so my wife does not shoot me.

And I have made stands for both Sonic Boom and Sopwith Camel. Now to make one for Quinjet and all my planes will be on display.

Thinking of putting together the Monster Fighters stuff in August so that I have tons of time to plot out and build an appropriate scene to display in October for all the sets.

Sadly another only-2-complete-sets distribution. Surprisingly 6 Yetis. Expected that to be 2 only. Hope you like an army of welders....

I think they got distribution almost right. The no odd numbers really makes it hard.

My thoughts of any changes would be 4 mountain climbers and bump up scarecrow to 4.

Very minor, but bump up jazz player up to 4 and bump either welders or constable down to 4. Just my 2 cents.

JANGBRICKS reviews the Dolphin Cruiser:

http://youtu.be/KU-enRMlCp8
Finally watched it. Great review for a great set. And that set is built like a tank too. My wife accidentally knocked it off the table the other night. The only things that broke off as it hit the floor were the two fins at the top holding the antennae, and one lounge chair on the front. The rest was intact and solid.
If anything, my wife accidentally knocking it to the floor made me appreciate the set even more since now I know how sturdy it is.
You can just order the Dolphin Cruiser to get both. The offers stack together as well as with the free shipping when you spend $75 or more.
Sound advice. Dolphin Cruiser is such a great set.
Dammit! Only two masks per box!!! I KNEW that mask would be special!

Also, const,silv,stage,colby,comma,179outthedoor/got. Cavalry another day...

Cool huh?!
Damn good price for all that. Damn good.

May yet get BttF, even though it's overpriced here. If nothing else, it will look great along the Ecto-1 one day :).

I want to wait until they get series 11 though. Shouldn't they already be in the Swedish s@h?

Orders placed for the Crawler and the Delorean.

AW.

YISS.

Amazing that the LE crawler is 70AUD less than the standard Crawler. And as I type this, I also see that it's sold out on the AU storefront.

iuuk

The 4x4 Crawler is already out of stock and the BttF set is €50, LEGO really doesn't like the Dutch, do they?

Now, do I order them anyway, or not :(.

Chuckie

The 4x4 Crawler is already out of stock and the BttF set is €50, LEGO really doesn't like the Dutch, do they?

Now, do I order them anyway, or not :(.

No they hate us Dutchies. I am not ordering it anyway. If I did I'd probably wait till some place sold it cheaper.

iuuk

No they hate us Dutchies. I am not ordering it anyway. If I did I'd probably wait till some place sold it cheaper.
Yeah, I think I'll go with you on this one, at least for the DeLorean. I really do want that set, but it's the principle of the thing. €50 vs $35 or €40 in Germany is not ok LEGO. Not cool.

Jimbro72

Managed to order the technic crawler and the BttF set right before bed last night and am still waiting for a confirmation email. I see the crawler is now backordered, too. I placed my order like 10 minutes before midnight, eastern time, as they were up already so I'm hoping there are no issues with this.

SpeedNut

Ordered BttF and Crawler this morning. Crawler on 30 day backorder. Probably for the best to prevent the Mrs. from having a meltdown.

If any of you are on Twitter, we should do all we can to pimp Wetwired's Ghostbusters project. It has climbed in the standings since being promoted on many websites, and it can use all the help it can get. Help make it a reality!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

His twitter handle is @BrentOnInternet

I did what I could to support it by posting on comments of non-LEGO websites to support it. I searched for "LEGO Back to the Future" and posted in the comments of sites like CNet, Gizmodo, TheVerge, etc. Would have been better if I had done that the day article was published.

If anyone else finds any articles talking about LEGO Back to the Future on a non-LEGO site, please comment about supporting this Ghostbusters to happen. I think the synergy of those that like Back to the Future and LEGO will love Ghostbusters as well, 80's pop culture FTW.

I think passing up the other Ghostbusters submission can happen by this weekend. Need to pass it up on the top supported list to continue the momentum as it will get additional advertisement being on the front Cuusoo page.

How's this for a tagline?

"Who are you gonna build? GHOSTBUSTERS!"

EDIT: Tried posting in comments on BrickShow YouTube, but they don't allow URL links so I didn't comment in case people went to Cuusoo and saw the other version. I won't post without URL links until our favorite Ghostbuster idea gets in top supported list on main Cuusoo page.

Top Bottom