• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Bought em yesterday. Clearance more than made up for any disney tax. I think stagecoach was 20, the teepee set was like 10, and silver mine was 40.

Thanks for the heads up. Closest one had Colby City Showdown one for 40% off. I called 2 other stores and they were all sold out. I really want the train set for 30% or more off. :) I bought the City Showdown for that much of a discount, but that was the one I cared least about.

neonglow

LE Crawler?

I'm fairly new to Technic. Is there a simple guide somewhere that shows how to set up steering and acceleration with standard motors and IR controllers? I want to take the powered pieces from the Excavator and make a remote controlled car.

Fowler

I'm hoping BttF being in shops (some, anyway) will lower the price on eBay so I can grab one... really hope it doesn't spike just yet.

dewdrop

Banned
Picked up a Defender at lunch today! Didn't mean to, had to go to the mall to pick up a jewelry repair and whoooopsiedaisey. But shit; I've still got like 2 empty shelves at home so it's not like I had a choice.

I've been trying to ride the coat tails of the Back to the Future buzz and commenting for people to vote for Ghostbusters wherever I find news on LEGO BttF. Spread the word.

Only about 20 more votes to get it onto the top 6 most supported projects where the other Ghostbuster project is. Once both are up, users can vote for both or which they like best. Being on the main page, the other Ghostbuster project is getting some momentum. Hope for Wetwired's version, but in the end we all win if a Ghostbuster set is made.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Seems like FTL made 10k.

neonglow

I've been trying to ride the coat tails of the Back to the Future buzz and commenting for people to vote for Ghostbusters wherever I find news on LEGO BttF. Spread the word.

Only about 20 more votes to get it onto the top 6 most supported projects where the other Ghostbuster project is. Once both are up, users can vote for both or which they like best. Being on the main page, the other Ghostbuster project is getting some momentum. Hope for Wetwired's version, but in the end we all win if a Ghostbuster set is made.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Seems like FTL made 10k.

Is there a tweet of Brent's that we can retweet to our followers?

I meant like a tweet of his we can retweet. Did he ever post one recently?

Haha, sorry...I don't tweet. Bit clueless. I have an account and just checked. He does, but I don't know how to reference it here. He only has a few tweets so it's easy to find searching for "ghostbusters".

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/BrentOnInternet/statuses/307618820107935745

I've commented on every non-LEGO site that comes up when googling, "LEGO Back to the Future" except for mashable and huffington post. Had issues.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm fairly new to Technic. Is there a simple guide somewhere that shows how to set up steering and acceleration with standard motors and IR controllers? I want to take the powered pieces from the Excavator and make a remote controlled car.

I LOVE Technic. I wish I could just acquire a huge lot of Technic pieces and go to town.

But as for Technic "stuff", check the Eurobricks forum. This book has RAVE reviews in terms of learning how to build cool stuff with Technic.

Sorry for the daft question, but yesterday's order was my first through the actual Lego storefront:

If I ordered the Crawler and Delorean prior to any listings of shipping dates (e.g. "expected ship date 22 Aug 2013" for the Crawler), does that mean I've nabbed one that's actually in stock and can expect it to be shipped ASAP?

Cheers, guys.

ghostmind

Sorry for the daft question, but yesterday's order was my first through the actual Lego storefront:

If I ordered the Crawler and Delorean prior to any listings of shipping dates (e.g. "expected ship date 22 Aug 2013" for the Crawler), does that mean I've nabbed one that's actually in stock and can expect it to be shipped ASAP?

Cheers, guys.

Possibly - did you check your order status on the site?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I struck out on the BttF set today. I went to 2 Lego stores which all said they would get another shipment next week, but I won't be around any of those then I am out of luck there. I went to a toys r us closer to home (1 hour and 15 minutes) is close to home for me. They didn't have the Delorean in stock "yet" I'll check there again Saturday. Hopefully they get it in. I did have them price match the Lone Ranger train set and stage coach with amazon. Save about 30 bucks. Wanted the mine shoot out, but they didn't have it in stock that I could find. Pretty happy with the haul but I really want a Delorean.

Was tired and bored tonight and wanted to build something. Problem is, I had moved the collective (my collection of pieces) into the spare bedroom and it was all clean because we had company last night. I was too lazy to drag stuff out and make a MOC, and I am attempting to be strong until Sydney Opera House (that is rough.)

All I had in the backlog (besides Winter Village) was a few Monster Fighters sets. I had Swamp Creature, Mummy, and Vampyre Hearse left. I was saving them for October to build along with my Haunted House rebuild, but I am impatient. Besides, I need to know the size of the sets so that I can properly plan out a MOC diorama to show off the horror show. :)

Perhaps I will rebuild Haunted House this weekend just for kicks, and then spend the next few weeks plotting the diorama, then a week or so building it. That will give it a nice month and a half to two months on display before it goes away.

Also, I am trying to figure out in my head how to modify Town Hall for when my DeLorean arrives. I am thinking of ideas to make it look like a wire coming down from the clock tower and attached to a lamp post for the DeLorean to drive past. The issue is that I want to make the wire look electrified. :) I was thinking of threading some trans blue 1x1 round bricks through some string, with the occasional odd piece hanging off to look electric. I fear I won't pull this one off that well.

EDIT:
LEGO inspired slippers from Think Geek
122e_brick_slippers_scale.jpg

I don't know much about the topic etiquette, but it seems some new threads can be created such as the Syndey Opera House and the LEGO Movie.

Do we have a Cuusoo thread? Not sure if it's worth it, but seeing as Back to the Future is getting a lot of non-LEGO press and possible Portal set it may be worthwhile breaking one out. Just some thoughts...also an excuse to pimp out Wetwired's project. Both Ghostbusters have gotten a bit of momentum.

wetwired

I'm back!

Been searching for office spaces all day, moving stuff out our Sega office and talking to lawyers, finally got home, kids asleep, Lego thread.

I didn't realise my ghostbuster cuusoo had jumped so high? has it been posted somewhere I don't know about?

I also looked at the price of the BTTF set in Australia, $70!?! I could buy 2 in the US for that!

If anyone can get ahold of some at US prices I'd buy at least 3 and I know someone else from Sega AU who would too

I'm back!

Been searching for office spaces all day, moving stuff out our Sega office and talking to lawyers, finally got home, kids asleep, Lego thread.

I didn't realise my ghostbuster cuusoo had jumped so high? has it been posted somewhere I don't know about?

I also looked at the price of the BTTF set in Australia, $70!?! I could buy 2 in the US for that!

If anyone can get ahold of some at US prices I'd buy at least 3 and I know someone else from Sega AU who would too

Yeah I wanted the set but $70 is too much for me.

Tuvoc

Went to TRU yesterday to see if they had gotten Jek-14's Starfighter in yet. They did and I almost shat myself when i saw the pricetag of $84.99!

I know for the most part Lego sets are overpriced but this is ridiculous. The X-wing has 560 pieces and has a tag of $74.99 and Jek-14s Starfighter has 550 pieces and is $10 more. I guess I'll have to wait for BOGO coupons or something :/

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I'm back!

Welcome back!

Went to TRU yesterday to see if they had gotten Jek-14's Starfighter in yet. They did and I almost shat myself when i saw the pricetag of $84.99!

I know for the most part Lego sets are overpriced but this is ridiculous. The X-wing has 560 pieces and has a tag of $74.99 and Jek-14s Starfighter has 550 pieces and is $10 more. I guess I'll have to wait for BOGO coupons or something :/

$89.99 at Chapters in Canada. The Star Wars tax has been getting insane lately with Jabba, the Rancor Palace and now this. It's really turning me off the theme.

But the figs in that Jek set are so nice.

SpeedNut

Looks like the freebie pack-in and my BttF are stuck in a Customer Service state where as the LE Crawler is still on backorder. What's that about? Am I to expect a phone call or something?

Calm Killer

I bought the BttF set from Toys R Us online. I also picked up the Lone Ranger Mine Shootout set. I could have gotten it $10 cheaper but they didn't have it in stock at the store so i just bought it for retail. It worked out anyway since I bought them both I saved 10 on shipping. Now to wait by the mailbox....

I'm back!

I can't remember which site linked to your set, but it was one with a good non LEGO readership.

Your project is climbing, but it looks like people jumped on the other (inferior) Ghostbusters project in the top 6 as well. You are still about 200 votes behind. WE NEED MORE!

Our own BrentWaller's LEGO Ghostbusters Cuusoo set got a mention on SlashFilm! It was yesterday so not sure if it's been mentioned here already or not. Anyway, great news as the set is fantastic and should get a lot more support.

I'm back!

I can't remember which site linked to your set, but it was one with a good non LEGO readership.

Your project is climbing, but it looks like people jumped on the other (inferior) Ghostbusters project in the top 6 as well. You are still about 200 votes behind. WE NEED MORE!

Wetwired,

See above first quote. Since then, fellow LEGO GAFfers have done their best to support your project and get the word out. The biggest issue was to get yours on top 6 as the other project was already there and getting good exposure from that IMO. Now that they are both there both projects are on even competing terms.

EDIT:

PhoncipleBone, the gap is closing though. It was around 400 difference before Wetwired's made it to top 6.

MisterNoisy

I know I said I was done with City for now, but the Town Square came up on S@H and I had a fair bit of VIP points to use, so it's on the way. I really like this latest wave of City sets (Town Square, Grand Prix Truck and Cargo Truck) and hope we see more like them later this year.

I know I said I was done with City for now, but the Town Square came up on S@H and I had a fair bit of VIP points to use, so it's on the way. I really like this latest wave of City sets (Town Square, Grand Prix Truck and Cargo Truck) and hope we see more like them later this year.

Man, that is a sweet looking set. But that price seems a bit high for the piece count on a City set. That almost feels like a Star Wars tax.

Earth Defense HQ is aces. Especially the Viper ship on the back.

I agree that the ship is awesome, but something about the rest of the build seems somewhat inaccessible. There are a lot of very cool sci-fi elements within the base itself but the design feels amateurish in that you simply can't get to them without removing plates.

I managed to snag a BttF set at my LEGO shop just now. Love the packaging on these Cuusoo sets.

Top Bottom