• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

aTvAg.jpg

Too popular to die!

ghostmind

I can imagine...

LEGO executive: "Maybe we shouldn't have killed off our most popular non-licensed line at the height of its popularity and replaced it with an unknown quantity"

At any rate, Ninjago is supposedly to return in 2014 now.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Cyborg ninjas? Yes please.

Eitherway, it seems that for 2012 at least the theme is competing both pretty directly with TMNT and Legends of Chima. TLG might have canibalised the market a little there? Seems a bit odd they'd release all three within the same year.

ghostmind

Here's an odd development - the new "Bat vs Bane" set contains a download code - for the PC version of the original LEGO Batman game. The code is not working yet, as the site location is not active, but I thought that was a bit different.

Here's an odd development - the new "Bat vs Bane" set contains a download code - for the PC version of the original LEGO Batman game. The code is not working yet, as the site location is not active, but I thought that was a bit different.

If only that set didn't look so bad... Maybe it's just me though.

It is not you, the set looks horrible.

I'm not a fan of the new LEGO Batman sets overall. The new Batwing & Batmobile are smaller than their previous versions. Even this new Tumbler is a downgrade from the original LEGO Tumbler.

The only batman set I do like is the new Arkham Asylum and Arctic Batman #76000

^^

I also like that mini Jetski one (polybag) it's tiny but looks decent i think... best set if you just want the Batman minifig i guess...

also: I just noticed there has already BEEN a Batmobile UCS set in 2006 :(((( damnit, hoping for a new one, what are the odds?

Rootbeer

Banned

I don't presume it is a Steam code?

I already own it though, i'm good! I'm actually not that interested in the DKR LEGO set, i'll grab it if it's at a good discount down the line, but otherwise...

Gotta save money for Chima!

TripOpt55

I just ordered Medieval Market Village for myself for Christmas! So excited! Looks very cool and lots of pieces for the price. Will expand my Lego Kingdom nicely.

rataven

I received this set as a gift for my birthday yesterday!

AuVRAl.jpg

One of two sets missing from my western collection, so it's pretty exciting to check that one off. I really hope the Lone Ranger sets live up to this line; it's always been one of my absolute favorites.

I just ordered Medieval Market Village for myself for Christmas! So excited! Looks very cool and lots of pieces for the price. Will expand my Lego Kingdom nicely.

Awesome pick! That's a really great set that's so different from anything else available. You'll love it! :) And if you can find it, Mill Village Raid goes along quite nicely with that set too, if you ever want to expand your Lego kingdom even further.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That makes no sense, it's not as if the trans bricks are more unstable than others....

They might not be more unstable, but they are clearly more brittle and have a stronger clutch it feels like. Clear lego bricks feel like model aircraft cockpits items of the plastic. Are they polycarbonate vs ABS for normal bricks?

I bet you could cast minifigs out of them, but the shoulder sockets would be prone to cracking and you probably wouldn't be ale to twist their hands due to increased friction

Edit:

I think some of the issue is that (according to Jamie Berard), the transparent bricks are made from polycarbonate plastic (PC) rather than ABS. And that's fine most of the time, when you've got opaque ABS and transparent PC, it works just fine. ... But when PC and PC parts get next to each other, they bond VERY TIGHTLY. So tightly that in some cases, they may break. Hence, if they make minifigs out of PC plastic, the joints may not work very well. They may bind up, break, or be very brittle.

From this discussion on eurobricks - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61301

TripOpt55

Awesome pick! That's a really great set that's so different from anything else available. You'll love it! :) And if you can find it, Mill Village Raid goes along quite nicely with that set too, if you ever want to expand your Lego kingdom even further.

I got Mill Village Raid for my Birthday this past September and it is sitting on my desk waiting to be joined the the Market Village! I have been getting castle sets since I was young, but never really had these kind of village sets (more castles and forts and stuff) so these are extra cool and a nice addition to the collection.

Also I had that Western set when I was young. I don't know where it is these days though :| Probably just in a big box of pieces from when I was a kid.

ghostmind

AuVRAl.jpg

One of two sets missing from my western collection, so it's pretty exciting to check that one off. I really hope the Lone Ranger sets live up to this line; it's always been one of my absolute favorites.

That looks great! Lone Ranger theme is my most-anticipated for this year (now that Galaxy Squad is out) and I too really hope they do the old western theme justice.

^^

I also like that mini Jetski one (polybag) it's tiny but looks decent i think... best set if you just want the Batman minifig i guess...

also: I just noticed there has already BEEN a Batmobile UCS set in 2006 :(((( damnit, hoping for a new one, what are the odds?

You're right! I picked up that polybag at my local TRU earlier this year, love it!

Saw this on CAG, so take it with a grain of salt

We'll be getting a Cinema Modular for 2013 along with an Ewok Village set. I believe the Village will be a UCS, but if not it will definitely be an exclusive set.

I don't believe I mentioned it here (maybe toysnbricks), but I did call out the new Castle sets for 2013 which has been confirmed from eurobricks. I guess they're more reliable than a CAG.

Whoops forgot to mention.... Isengard exclusive set as well. Enjoy!

I'm intrigued by the idea of a UCS Ewok village

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ewok village seems odd timing considering its episode 2 in the spotlight next year. Although the same could b said of the UCS b-wing

And UCS? Wouldn't that mostly be a giant tree? I'm intrigued. And also thinking of that guys massive endor layout

ghostmind

Ewok Village is the last remaining "Fan's Choice" poll set that hasn't been released, the others being the Home One Calamari set and last year's Palpatine Arrest set.

So..... maybe?

AuVRAl.jpg

Those were some really great looking sets. I remember when me and my brother first saw them when they first debuted...

Anyways saw the new Galaxy Patrol sets but I'll wait until after Christmas to buy them. Was hoping to see the new Friends sets but I guess they aren't out yet? Anyways I grabbed a couple of those holiday ornament things with the colored bricks inside...I missed grabbing them last year and was fiending for the gold and green ones so I made up for it this time!

wetwired

Are they going to be exclusive to the set? They may be reason enough to buy it.

I have seriously jumped headfirst into this hobby and my wallet is not prepared.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's especcially sad when you see the MOC one that's in the OP.

It's exclusive as far as I can tell, only 3 Batman sets have been announced (arkham, the bat and mr freeze) so I think it's the only way to get them. I wouldn't touch that set otherwise.

Ewok village seems odd timing considering its episode 2 in the spotlight next year. Although the same could b said of the UCS b-wing

And UCS? Wouldn't that mostly be a giant tree? I'm intrigued. And also thinking of that guys massive endor layout

first thing I thought of

rataven

Wow, speak of the devil.....

Those sets look even better than I could have hoped for. They definitely harken back to the Wild West theme. The stagecoach looks great, and that train!!! :O

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
re: Lone Ranger

No big fort set unfortunately. Could use a bigger town set, but overall it does look very nice! That train looks mightily tempting.

That woman in the stagecoach set looks to have a very lovely hairpiece and hat.

Those lone ranger sets look awesome.

I'm getting closer and closer to taking the plunge and buying some. My girlfriend would be so disappointed if I did so...

Oh great. More legos I can't afford, more pain for my soul in the process. I hate being a product of capitalism.

New plan: do creative writing for my humanities concentration in school. Build worlds with a Tolkien-like attention to detail. Get my construction fix there. Words are cheaper than bricks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bit disappointed by the Lone Ranger sets. Not much in the way of buildings. Train looks similar to the toy story one, but the stagecoach looks nice I guess. I think my daughters toy story 2 jail/sheriffs office looks better than that one

MrDaravon

The A-Wing being $25 for 177 pieces is just killing me. I know licensed set and all that, but at $19.99 it would be a no-brainer. Damn it having minifigs that I want!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just want to point out that the Star Wars SSD is still on sale at Walmart for 309.99.

Top Bottom