• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Simpsons rumor time:

• Bart's Skate Trick £10 ($15) incl. Bart, Milhouse
  • Homer at the Control Panel £20 ($30) incl. Homer, Mr. Burns, Smithers
  • Lisa's Sax Performance £30 ($40) Lisa, Marge, Sherri, Terri
  • Springfield Shops £50 ($70) Bart, cashier at Krusty Burger, Krusty, Apu, Nelson
  • Simpson's House £70 ($100) Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Grandpa, Flanders, Santa's Little Helper

Remember that rumors run wild at this time of year, so large grains of salt.

mojiimbo

Looking to get back into the Lego game,any Star Wars or Modular sets I should pick up first? Anything going oop soon? Sorry havent been keeping track of things since I stopped collecting.
I haven't seen Fire Brigade at the store here in a few weeks. The red KOTORy X-Wing type ship either.

Jimbro72

Simpsons rumor time:

• Springfield Shops £50 ($70) Bart, cashier at Krusty Burger, Krusty, Apu, Nelson
  • Simpson's House £70 ($100) Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Grandpa, Flanders, Santa's Little Helper

I like the sounds of it and seems believable enough. If true, I'm guessing they went Bart's Skate trick over his treehouse due to the fact that there is already the Friends and the Creator treehouse available. A third currently available one might be overkill.

ghostmind

Starting from zero,I gave a bunch away to younger relatives and sold a couple sealed sets.

For the modulars, most of them are still available. Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium could go OOP at any time.

Tower Bridge may go OOP by the end of the year.

Volkswagen T1 Camper Van looks to be getting a push before it goes OOP.

UCS B-wing is rumored to be on its way out, and may actually be OOP already at S@H.

Death Star - who knows, but it is well-overdue to go OOP.

I would grab the Haunted House as soon as you can.

bodine1231

For the modulars, most of them are still available. Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium could go OOP at any time.

Tower Bridge may go OOP by the end of the year.

Volkswagen T1 Camper Van looks to be getting a push before it goes OOP.

UCS B-wing is rumored to be on its way out, and may actually be OOP already at S@H.

Death Star - who knows, but it is well-overdue to go OOP.

I would grab the Haunted House as soon as you can.

Thanks,I guess the Haunted House is the smartest choice. I had it before and wouldn't mind building it again :) It'll be expensive buying most of these again so hopefully I can find some used ones w/box or wait for some Amazon used deals.

Edit: Damn,Palace Cinema looks amazing...

I got more birthday money than anticipated, and Wednesday is the final day of vacation. Might have to drive to get one of them. My wife WILL kill me.
Happy Birthday and tell your wife you are putting your fund into an "investment".

BTW, thanks for all the extra you didn't need to but much appreciated. I was banned so couldn't reply to you sooner. Teach me to post outside of this thread.

Happy Birthday and tell your wife you are putting your fund into an "investment".

BTW, thanks for all the extra you didn't need to but much appreciated. I was banned so couldn't reply to you sooner. Teach me to post outside of this thread.

Glad to have you back. And sorry for how long it took. Did you have that Chima set or Jor-El before?

So, yeah...making car MOCs is not in my brain capacity. I have been trying to make one for the last few days off and on, and just cannot wrap my head around pulling some things off. If I was just making up a vehicle, I would be fine. But I am trying to do a mini fig scale replica of a classic Chevy and get it as accurate as possible and my brain just cannot do it.

Perhaps another time then. It was a nice idea.

chimster

not sure if this is new news but I saw the master builder academy sets at the yorkdale store in Toronto. First time i saw them in Canada

Dropping the other MOC idea and now diving into plotting and scheming my Monster Fighters display. Already figured out the real estate for where Haunted House will go. I want to have it on the display at an angle, yet secure and not sliding around. It will take the majority of a 48x48 plate to do it.

I don't know if I want Vampyre Castle as is in the scene, or have it broken apart and be part of the fence surrounding the grounds. I also need to find a good take off area to plant some train tracks and have the Ghost Train take flight somehow.

I have over a month and a half to figure it out, but the planning is fun.

I'm here at my parents old place where I left alot of my early to mid 90s lego stuff and tried my hand at making something... this is from someone who mostly just makes premade lego sets... and the photo sucks, but I did better than expected since I was so limited with what I could use

image.jpg

Citizen Brick have made a Breaking Bad Playset.

So damn rad, but $250 is steep as balls, even with the decent amount of nicely printed pieces included. There's also the odd omission of Jesse to consider. As for the characters that have been accounted for, I reckon they've absolutely nailed them; Gus especially.

neonglow

I hope you guys that wanted the 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition decided to order it when it was available. It's now out of print. 10 days might be the fastest a retail set has gone OOP. It's no longer on LEGO Shop's website.

Simpsons rumor time:

That sound about right as far as breakdown. Where is Snowball II?

I hope you guys that wanted the 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition decided to order it when it was available. It's now out of print. 10 days might be the fastest a retail set has gone OOP. It's no longer on LEGO Shop's website.

Limited run of 20,000, so it figures. There are quite a few on Bricklink ranging from around $500 to $2,500. Ridiculous. Seems I've got quite the investment en route to my house!

Fowler

Simpsons rumor time:

The thing I find most unbelievable about this is that the Simpsons House would basically give you every minifig you'd want from the series, which doesn't seem to be LEGO style... there isn't a single set that has every TMNT, for instance.

KemoSabe

Simpsons rumor time:

I would buy all of them...
Please be true.
But what do they take for Homer and krusty?
Are there any "fat" Lego figures?

SpeedNut

Limited run of 20,000, so it figures. There are quite a few on Bricklink ranging from around $500 to $2,500. Ridiculous. Seems I've got quite the investment en route to my house!

Yeah mine is sitting with the backlog pile I have. If people are actually fetching that $2500 mark I may just have to part with it so I can get basically every single thing I want that's in print. So much more to buy and yet so little time to build. :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel like I should go see if the local store has a second 41999 to invest in for further purchases. That's crazy how much it's going for right now.

Mickcenary, could you remove or shrink the Breaking Bad pictures? They're instantly killing my phone when I try to browse this page :D. Even the computer struggles with 5000x5000 pics...

So much for thinking I could wait until Sept to pick up a second one to get the VW Bus polybag. I should've known better.

enewtabie

Hope this is ok, I'm getting rid of a bunch of sets out of my collection. Wife says I need to buy a bedroom suite. I'm still keeping the Falcon, Slave 1 and some others. But, if you want to buy them I'm throwing them up on Ebay ( user enewtabie)

ghostmind

via Eurobricks:

• CMF 12 is the LEGO Movie CMF

2014 CITY (1H)
Police theme
Break-Out of the Police Station (~100€)
Break-Out of the Prison Transporter
Bandit’s Hiding Place (~50€)
Police Motorcycle Chase
Police Helicopter Chase (~50€)
Police Boat Transporter (~40€)
Mobile Police Unit (~30€)

Great Vehicles theme
Camper with Canoe
Jeep with Jetski
Wood Transporter
Car Transporter
Racing Car
Monster Truck
Repair Car
Tow Truck

2014 Friends (1H)
Mission at the Beach
Beach and Smoothie Bar
Beach House

2014 Star Wars (1H)
General Grievous Bike
Vulture Droid (or Planet set)
V-Wing (or planet set)
AT-AP
Droid Gunship
Republic AV- ?
Battle of Seludca ?

Planet sets?
Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing
Kashyyk Trooper
DS Trooper

The thing I find most unbelievable about this is that the Simpsons House would basically give you every minifig you'd want from the series, which doesn't seem to be LEGO style... there isn't a single set that has every TMNT, for instance.

Also, $100 seems too cheap for a set like that. Unless it's going to be pretty meh.

Also, $100 seems too cheap for a set like that. Unless it's going to be pretty meh.

It will probably be like Olivia's House. Nice detailed front, completely open back side of the house to see the rooms.

It would be nice if they made it like Haunted House and had it completely enclosed and fully detailed though. Give it a hinge to open up.

Maybe that will be their UCS set or something.

via Eurobricks:

2014 Friends (1H)
Mission at the Beach
Beach and Smoothie Bar
Beach House

Mission at the Beach? What is this? Friends Gone Wild?

ghostmind

I really want to see what "Mission at the Beach" is all about.

Other reactions:

Friends - all beach-theme sets sounds great for my upcoming (off again/on again) LEGO city

CITY - just what we needed, more Police sets - booooooo!!! And a new Police Station already?!?! Always look forward to the Great Vehicles though.

Star Wars - yes, a new Grievous bike, which may mean a new boga lizard too! We need a new Vulture Droid and Droid Gunship! Where are the OT sets though? We need a full-size ISD for 2014!!!

From Brickset:

Update: (by Huw) I guess the retailers' catalogue is out now because xxLegoCrafterxx has sent me a list of alleged 2014 Star Wars sets:

Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing
Kashyyk Trooper
DS Trooper
General Grievous Bike
V-Wing (or planet set)
AT-AP
Droid Gunship
Republic AV-
Battle of Seludca

ANOTHER X-WING? Seriously?

Who cares? IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that as part of your post. Doh! Makes sense if it is a planet set. But I want a legit ISD, or (god help us all) a new UCS one.

EDIT 2: On a side note, with next year being a heavy Episode III focus, perhaps a new Venator Class ship.

ghostmind

The set rumors are from the same source (Klaus-Dieter, who is a respected Eurobricks member). The ISD is being listed a Planet Set by this source though.

ghostmind

From Brickset:

Update: (by Huw) I guess the retailers' catalogue is out now because xxLegoCrafterxx has sent me a list of alleged 2014 Star Wars sets:

Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing
Kashyyk Trooper
DS Trooper
General Grievous Bike
V-Wing (or planet set)
AT-AP
Droid Gunship
Republic AV-
Battle of Seludca

ANOTHER X-WING? Seriously?

Who cares? IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that as part of your post. Doh! Makes sense if it is a planet set. But I want a legit ISD, or (god help us all) a new UCS one.

EDIT 2: On a side note, with next year being a heavy Episode III focus, perhaps a new Venator Class ship.

The thing is through we also already have an X-wing Planet Set, so why make another of those either?

TLG - just take a break from the X-wings already, unless it is half-submerged in a swamp as part of a larger Dagobah set!

ghostmind

I think that the "Battle of Seludca" is actually the Battle of Felucia, which shows up during EP3 during the Order 66 clips. Also, that could mean a new AT-OT. And a new Aayla Secura that is non-CW face print.

Or it could be the "Battle of Saleucami", which also showed up during Order 66.

"Republic AV-" is probably the Republic AV-7, a mobile artillery gun from the Clone Wars.

I am surprised to see a V-wing Planet Set (or system set), as there was already one of these in 2011 that ended up being fire-sale'd at a lot of retailers due to lack of interest.

Fowler

I think that the "Battle of Seludca" is actually the Battle of Felucia, which shows up during EP3 during the Order 66 clips. Also, that could mean a new AT-OT. And a new Aayla Secura that is non-CW face print.

I figured it was Felucia or (longer shot) Saleucami -- also shows up in Order 66, it's the bit where the speeder bikes drop back to take out Stass Allie.

Felucia seems more likely for Aayla Secura tho... wonder if they'll include the acklay from Battlefront II :p

ghostmind

CITY thoughts:

"Wood Transporter" - heh heh - I think he means a logging truck though
"Car Transporter" - I think this is also referred to as a Car Carrier

The "Monster Truck" and "Racing Car" are probably complementary sets to this year's 60027 and 60025.

Having the "Repair Car" and "Tow Truck" present make me hopeful for a 2H Garage set.

wait wait wait...MORE police sets? But...why?

Interested in the Friends stuff. Please Please Lego gives us some more Old Republic stuff, I will buy them, just please give us more.

ghostmind

I figured it was Felucia or (longer shot) Saleucami -- also shows up in Order 66, it's the bit where the speeder bikes drop back to take out Stass Allie.

Felucia seems more likely for Aayla Secura tho... wonder if they'll include the acklay from Battlefront II :p

I would love to have a LEGO Acklay... I had been hoping that this year's EP2 sets would have included a Petranaki arena set, so we could have had an Acklay, a Reek and a Nexu.

I agree that Felucia makes more sense, as Saleucami is just speeder bikes and we just got a Stass Allie minifig.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
via Eurobricks:

Great Vehicles theme

Wood Transporter
Car Transporter
Repair Car
Tow Truck

Planet sets?
Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing

Yes Please

shadow29

Neo Member
Is it me or does the police theme sound just like a modification to some of the sets this year? I mean unless its suppose to match up with the movie or something, It sounds redundent.

Also please let the racing car be a competitor for the grand prix set thats out now. Its not a race with just 1 car!

Jimbro72

via Eurobricks:

2014 CITY (1H)
Police theme
Break-Out of the Police Station (~100€)
Break-Out of the Prison Transporter
Bandit’s Hiding Place (~50€)
Police Motorcycle Chase
Police Helicopter Chase (~50€)
Police Boat Transporter (~40€)
Mobile Police Unit (~30€)

Great Vehicles theme
Camper with Canoe
Jeep with Jetski
Wood Transporter
Car Transporter
Racing Car
Monster Truck
Repair Car
Tow Truck

2014 Friends (1H)
Mission at the Beach
Beach and Smoothie Bar
Beach House

2014 Star Wars (1H)
General Grievous Bike
V-Wing (or planet set)
AT-AP
Droid Gunship
Republic AV- ?
Battle of Seludca ?

Planet sets?
Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing
Kashyyk Trooper
DS Trooper

I like the sounds of those SW sets but do hope the Vulture Droid and V-Wing are apart of the planet sets and not yet another system scale release. I already have like 4 different Vulture Droids. Please, no more! Very exciting about the new Grievous Bike, though. One of the few sets I missed out on back in '05, so this one will be a welcome addition. Missed out on the original Droid Gunship, too, so look forward to that, as well. I wonder if that Battle of Seludca, or whatever it's suppose to be, is just one of the $13 battle packs that will come with a few Clones and a Jedi, or two clones, two droids.

But more Police sets? When most all of the latest set of police sets are still currently available? What is the point of that unless these are designed way different to still appeal to City collectors, not unlike those Forest Police sets. They do sound interesting enough to me but come on, what cities are made up of 60% police force? LEGO city, I guess.

That Great Vehicle Theme sounds very promising, though. I look forward to adding more none emergency vehicles to my City lineup.

I would love to have a LEGO Acklay... I had been hoping that this year's EP2 sets would have included a Petranaki arena set, so we could have had an Acklay, a Reek and a Nexu.

I agree that Felucia makes more sense, as Saleucami is just speeder bikes and we just got a Stass Allie minifig.

It's fascinating how a non-fan can't understand a single word of what you just wrote.

Oh yes, I'll definitely get the Aaaryij and the Bedo, but I'm not a fan of Yugggjuys so I'll skip on that. An AT-AT-AM will fit nicely with my K-Wing in the shelves though.

ghostmind

It's fascinating how a non-fan can't understand a single word of what you just wrote.

Oh yes, I'll definitely get the Aaaryij and the Bedo, but I'm not a fan of Yugggjuys so I'll skip on that. An AT-AT-AM will fit nicely with my K-Wing in the shelves though.

Once you go deep enough down the Star Wars hole...

I blame the pacing (and plot) of the prequels though... too many vehicles, creatures and characters with barely any screen-time broke the attachment and identification that casual fans had with the series. If I was talking about Dagobah, the Rancor, the Wampa and the Ewok Village, then most casual viewers could understand what I was saying.

Hoping that the new trilogy (and the other upcoming SW films) rectify this.

Jimbro72

Once you go deep enough down the Star Wars hole...

I blame the pacing (and plot) of the prequels though... too many vehicles, creatures and characters with barely any screen-time broke the attachment and identification that casual fans had with the series. If I was talking about Dagobah, the Rancor, the Wampa and the Ewok Village, then most casual viewers could understand what I was saying.

Hoping that the new trilogy (and the other upcoming SW films) rectify this.

To me it feels like the PT was made solely for marketing purposes. Let's cram dozens of new Jedi in it, an entirely new design of ships, despite the fact that it doesn't take place that long before the OT films, introduce numerous versions of droids as the enemy, instead of just a few different Troopers from the OT movies, make a 100 different color variations of clones so we can get the fans and collectors to by every single version of ship and clone and new Jedi available and really milk those collector dollars.

But to keep it on topic, I hope for the sake of LEGO collecting, they keep things a little more streamlined like the OT and not like the PT where there seem to have countless versions of vehicles and clones and droids for the sake of marketing. But I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Simpsons rumor time:

Does this mean LEGO will introduce a "salmon" color brick for the house or is Simpson's house orange?

If this is true, I'm glad they are putting in most of key characters in first run. Just in case they don't make anymore set, I'll be happy with all those minifigs in the list.

Earth Defense HQ 7066 is built and ready!! It's my favorite vehicle set and has everything going for it playability wise, not so much display. Should be one more ADU minifig in it.

Yes! This set is amazing and was my favorite set from 2011. It's a damn shame that Alien Conquest's second wave was cancelled.

Top Bottom