• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Well, I was going to post some WIP pics of the beginning of the Halloween diorama, but IMGUR is being VERY freaky tonight. Like, uploading the same picture multiple times randomly. Urgh.

Anyways, got the main platform for Haunted House to rest on made. Now to make the stairs leading up to it and make it look like they are broken and decrepit. I have no idea how I am going to get Vampyre Castle into this scene, but I have two months.

Celebrate!!!

Congrats wetwired!!!

Also, I saw this last Tuesday at my local Target:
y1UoI3rl.jpg

But none of them have the Iron Patriot fig attached... I didn't ask because I didn't want to have the conversation with the staff, so I dont know of they are offering the fig with the preorder or not.

Congratulations to wetwired.

It's a preorder bonus for Walmart not Target in the US. Which is crap because my local Walmart are terrible with preorder stuff.

R-User!

It's a preorder bonus for Walmart not Target in the US. Which is crap because my local Walmart are terrible with preorder stuff.

Yeah, I knew that it was rumored/confirmed to be Walmart, but I thought that you never know, and that maybe someone somewhere might find it at Target. Just in case... ;)

Finally wrangled a way to make images stop replicating themselves over and over on IMGUR. So, the work in progress Halloween Diorama:

And ignore all the crap on the table. I never cleaned off the party supplies from Saturday.

The foundation for the Haunted House platform.

The foundation and rock walls all built up, but without the top base on.

The full foundation set. The red tiles are just there for the HH to rest on. The wing/angle pieces are to keep the HH in place.

Every angle of the HH on the platform. I did not know exactly how well the HH would line up, so I left where the stairs would go blank. Once I build those up, the colored bricks will not be seen. I also underestimated the front angle jutting out, so the rock formation had to get extended with a wing piece to support it.

Will probably finish this plate tomorrow with some decrepit stairs and whatnot. And then plotting about how to make a Ghost Train fly...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I realised I haven't posted in this thread for so long. My VW camper was the last model I bought.

Looked at the Lego Shop and saw the autumn set. First cheap set with the mushroom pattern disc?

I just thought I would share more about the Wal Mart pre order.

You do not get the Iron Patriot when you preorder, nor is the voucher used as a ticket guaranteeing you one. They will hand out the mini fig to anyone buying Lego Marvel at launch until supplies run out. At least that is what my local Wal Mart is doing.

There is a claim being made on Eurobricks that the Star Wars Planets series have been cancelled, and that the sets listed are in a new format with a small-scale vehicle and a minifig. The vehicles would be larger than those with the current Planets scale.

This would line up with information that I have heard that retailers have not been happy with the Planet sets (their odd shape for stocking and shelving, and their lack of sales performance), which is why NorthAm still does not have Series 4, and that UK/Europe have had limited stock of these sets.

We won't know for certain until pictures surface...

Thanks for the info Ghost. I always felt the planets were awful and useless and such a waste of money and space. I'm glad they decided to change it up with the rumored series. I just hope they made enough Series 4 so that I can get the Hoth one here in the US. That mini snowspeeder is hands down the best mini vehicle in my opinion.

If this is like the Comic-Con exclusive sets, I'd love for more of those.

SDCC032-1.jpg

CELEBVI-1.jpg

COMCON019-1.jpg

COMCON024-1.jpg

I would be fine if the Recruitment line was a bit larger than the planet sets, but a bit smaller than the MIDI scale ones from before.

I want them to be like the Comicon exclusives! See above ^. Mentally I think of them as Chibi/Super Deformed versions.

I kinda hate the recruitment line, because I was getting tired of the planets line and it's exactly the sort of thing to get me to buy YET ANOTHER X-WING*.

* I haven't bought the UCS Red 5 X-Wing yet, but... I so will.

It'll be worth it if it's a new scale like above. :) They've already done the micro build version to death with polybag and planet one.

Thanks for the info Ghost. I always felt the planets were awful and useless and such a waste of money and space. I'm glad they decided to change it up with the rumored series. I just hope they made enough Series 4 so that I can get the Hoth one here in the US. That mini snowspeeder is hands down the best mini vehicle in my opinion.

I definitely want the Series 4 to complete my collection, but also because it has the best mini vehicles. I'm meh on the UCS B-wing, but I love the mini one.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I don't believe these have been posted yet. Office boxart. If they have ignore me.

9504070050_57f49870e3_n.jpg

9501268659_abd699859b_n.jpg

More Here.

ghostmind

The first half of 2014 will also see a Farm for the Friends theme, possibly with additional supporting sets.

I was hoping for a CITY farm, as the original one from 2010/2011 is expensive, but I guess this will work with judicial sticker placement and some possible color swaps. I've already got a collection of farm animals.

R-User!

9500 Sith Infiltrator is $68.32 at Amazon right now. After tax and Target Card 5% it came to $70.25!! ~28% off MSRP!

I'm happy! :)

into the backlog

Is this all of '14 sets or just the Jan assortment? Because if this only the first half of the year, holy crap this is a lot of sets to put out all at one time!

Do you think that recruitment line is the replacement for the planet sets? Those have to be mini models don't you think?

Someone post an article regarding the fact that LEGO will retire the set sooner than before and get more rotation and more products on the shelf.

neonglow

Someone post an article regarding the fact that LEGO will retire the set sooner than before and get more rotation and more products on the shelf.

I just hope Planets Series 4 comes out in America. I need to finish my collection. Does anyone know if they will make it to America?

Jimbro72

I think it was the inclusion of four battlepack sets that confused me as those typically only come out two per wave. So seeing four listed made me wonder if that was the whole years list or only half. Likewise with this planet replacement theme. Those were three per half year and here we have six listed.

I just hope Planets Series 4 comes out in America. I need to finish my collection. Does anyone know if they will make it to America?

I don't even remember what ships are in series 4. I have a feeling they will be LEGO stores only at this point, I am sure all the clearance sale on these guys probably make retailers hesitate about stocking them. I know I wouldn't have buy any of them if I didn't find them for $5-6 each on clearance.

I am really hoping the "recruitment" is something along the line of those SDCC set. I think the planet series is the dumbest idea ever to try to sell mini-figs. I would rather have more small "battle" pack.

76010 The Penguin Face off
76011 Man-Bat Attack
76012 The Riddler Chase
76013 The Joker Steam Roller

No surprise with the Man-bat set after the CMF and Monster Fighters new bat moulds.

Hope the Joker minifig has new prints like the Riddler does. Seems like we'll be getting tons of Batman sets going forward. Sadness. They need to test the waters a bit more with some of the other DC characters for smaller sets. Marvel has had a decent sprinkle of various other Super Heroes and Villains. I'm just guessing, but I assume the Lex Luthor battle mech thingy with Superman and Wonder Woman has been selling really well.

No surprise with the Man-bat set after the CMF and Monster Fighters new bat moulds.

Hope the Joker minifig has new prints like the Riddler does. Seems like we'll be getting tons of Batman sets going forward. Sadness. They need to test the waters a bit more with some of the other DC characters for smaller sets. Marvel has had a decent sprinkle of various other Super Heroes and Villains. I'm just guessing, but I assume the Lex Luthor battle mech thingy with Superman and Wonder Woman has been selling really well.

I anxiously await Guardians of the Galaxy sets next year. Maybe that will scratch my Space System itch next year since Galaxy Squad is all finished.

You are evil for filling my head with impossible dreams.

At the same time it's good for my wallet that this is unlikely to happen.

$13 each or so. Four figures per pack. Multiply that by 8. (Gotta have Black Lanterns!). Wouldn't be too terribly expensive. But you know it would be a big hit with comic fans, and since it is cheap too it would probably sell well.

Oh, and the Orange Lantern pack comes with only one figure, but TONS of trans orange pieces to build constructs.

ghostmind

For 2013 I will have picked up 6 sets from the Friends theme.

It's almost like its the experimental theme, where designers are free to create sets that City refuses to try.

And everything from 2014 for Friends sounds great so far.

Speaking of which, here is JANGBRiCKS review of Heartlake High:

http://youtu.be/z6K162y9eIE

$13 each or so. Four figures per pack. Multiply that by 8. (Gotta have Black Lanterns!). Wouldn't be too terribly expensive. But you know it would be a big hit with comic fans, and since it is cheap too it would probably sell well.

Oh, and the Orange Lantern pack comes with only one figure, but TONS of trans orange pieces to build constructs.

Gotta be honest, a well-done larfleeze fig alone would be worth 20 or 30 to me...

For 2013 I will have picked up 6 sets from the Friends theme.

It's almost like its the experimental theme, where designers are free to create sets that City refuses to try.

And everything from 2014 for Friends sounds great so far.

And that is why I love it. I have not picked up much, but I love that it represents what City is missing. If only they could stop using such garish colors.

I like the pastel colors and all, but they clash so badly in some of the sets just to make them colorful. It was tamer in the initial wave of sets, but this last one just seemed like they threw whatever colors they could into sets just to get more colors out there. Color clashing be damned!

Gotta be honest, a well-done larfleeze fig alone would be worth 20 or 30 to me...

You and me both, brother! *sips beer from his Orange Lantern pint glass*

ghostmind

For some of the sets (like the Dolphin Cruiser) I'm going to sub in alternate color parts, but for others like Heartlake High there is very little I will change.

I do wish that they would go with standard faces/eyes for animals though. I don't need eyelashes on my turtle thanks.

I think "Mission at the Beach" is either saving a beached marine animal or trash cleanup.

EDIT: Larfleeze should be the official LEGO-GAF mascot.

For some of the sets (like the Dolphin Cruiser) I'm going to sub in alternate color parts, but for others like Heartlake High there is very little I will change.

I think "Mission at the Beach" is either saving a beached marine animal or trash cleanup.

EDIT: Larfleeze should be the official LEGO-GAF mascot.

Heartlake High does look nice without any changes. Nice and subtle. Like it should be.
Mission at the Beach has me very intrigued. Would rather have it be trash clean up. Seems something overlooked.

And Larfleeze is a great mascot for any hobby.

Agent_Orange.JPG

MINE!

EDIT: And if you didn't believe me about the Orange Lantern pint glass...

TripOpt55

Finished the stairs for the Haunted House. Now to figure out the rest of the grounds.

This is really cool. I am trying a new MOC and would like to have a rocky base like this (much smaller though). I went to start it and... didn't know what to do... haha. I think I really need to organize my pieces first.

bodine1231

When can we expect some good sales to start? Im looking to get caught up and I got a grand burning a hole in my pocket but I want to get the most out of it.

This is really cool. I am trying a new MOC and would like to have a rocky base like this (much smaller though). I went to start it and... didn't know what to do... haha. I think I really need to organize my pieces first.
Slope pieces are your friends. It is all about making it look chaotic.
If you have not yet, get Silver Mine Shootout. Not only is it a fantastic set, but it is handy for teaching some techniques for rocky facades.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When can we expect some good sales to start? Im looking to get caught up and I got a grand burning a hole in my pocket but I want to get the most out of it.

Check Amazon Warehouse, Craigslist, and browse your local Walmart/Target/whatever every few days. Clearance, markdowns, etc.

Otherwise, the only major sale that's "worth it" would be double VIP, but that doesn't come for a while. I guess BOGO 50% at TRU is OK, but only if your TRU sells sets at retail. Otherwise, the savings really isn't that great.

New revised Star Wars list from darth_tater on Eurobricks:

Battle Packs:
75034 Death Star Troopers two stormtroopers, Imperial officer, death star tech
75035 Kashyyyk Troopers Wookie + two green clones + team leader
75036 Utapau Troopers Cody + three clones
75037 Battle on Saleucami Two clones on bikes vs droids

System Sets:
73038 Jedi Interceptor (Anakin's Yellow) Anakin, R2, and Clone pilot
75039 V-Wing Starfighter
75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike
75041 Vulture Droid
75042 Droid Gunship
75043 AT-AP Three clones
75044 Droid Tri-Fighter
75045 Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon Two clones + Jedi (Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, or better Kit Fisto plz)
75046 Coruscant Police Gunship (this might be an exclusive?)

Anyone want to help me guess what minifigures come.with these?

I'm guessing the Battle at Saleucami is the only one with both factions of the battle packs just looking at their names. And I don't think the larger sets will have many cross-faction bleeding just because there are so many indicidual republic and separatist sets.

ghostmind

Anyone want to help me guess what minifigures come.with these?

I'm guessing the Battle at Saleucami is the only one with both factions of the battle packs just looking at their names. And I don't think the larger sets will have many cross-faction bleeding just because there are so many indicidual republic and separatist sets.

The AT-AP was already revealed, so we know it has Tarfful, Commander Gree, Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Battle Droid Commander.

With that said, and thinking about it since yesterday, I don't think that 75035 would pack in Gree again, so I'm thinking 2 Wookie Warriors and 2 clone troopers from the 41st.

neonglow

I found the Batwing Battle set on clearance for $25. The Batwing is a boring build but Joker's helicopter was a much better build. A good portion of it is Technic pieces. I liked how they used a pillar column as the tail of the helicopter and a rope connecting to robot arms to make a ladder. The missile in the front is printed and not a sticker which was a surprise.

I found the Batwing Battle set on clearance for $25. The Batwing is a boring build but Joker's helicopter was a much better build. A good portion of it is Technic pieces. I liked how they used a pillar column as the tail of the helicopter and a rope connecting to robot arms to make a ladder. The missile in the front is printed and now a sticker which was a surprise.

My sister sent me that set for Christmas. I agree that the Batwing was kinda boring, but the Jokercopter was pretty cool. Especially the rope ladder.

Top Bottom