• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "IT'S ONLY AUGUST?!"

x2d1nXY.jpg

I love that there is such a heavy Christmas slant to the series 11 figs.

118 days left.

This thread needs a different kinda holiday "cheer."

I have not built much at all this past week since I started learning a new program and am trying to get back into drawing. But I did polish up my graveyard.

BEFORE

AFTER

No illegal connections. Nothing simply resting. Everything is connected and can be swapped around if I want. I took the advice of others on here and moved the hand clawing out of the dirt to the front. And I figured that a zombie at every grave would be a bit busy, so a few are just unkempt instead of bursting with zombies.

Right now trying to get a rocky facade for part of Vampyre Castle to rest on so I can add it to the scene. I still have a month or so to slowly polish this thing off.

that looks great! lol @ "FREE with purchase of $75 or more".

Demolishing Wallets. I straight wouldn't have gotten any LEGO next month but that I really want the lil bug.

The actual model doesn't look as good but it's still very nice. Too bad for sticker instead of printed part but I guess that is to be expected for something like this.

Added this to my expanding collection yesterday;

jArAHXD.jpg

Build was interesting.. Seemed really flimsy/awkward to start with but it pieces together quite well.

Pretty much decided I'm going to have all the 2013 SW kits. The fiance is getting me Jabba's Sail Barge for Christmas too, so that eases the pain a little haha..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Quoting myself. I read some reviews last night and it's apparently a terrific set.

It's also apparently ridiculously rare and going for twice MSRP now? Didn't it just come out? There are still copies in stores!

Nobody answered you.

I love mine. I love Technic, though.

As a set, it's similar enough to the Crawler that, if you're in it SIMPLY for functionality, it's not as great. But, it's SUPER rare and, yes, going for crazy prices online. They only printed 20,000 of the set. If you have the money, the investment is definitely worth it.

neonglow

My pickups for this week.
My LEGO store restocked the 4x4 Crawler and I was lucky enough to get the last one.
Target had both LOTR sets for 30% off. Pirate Ship Ambush was $70 and the Black Gate was $42.

My LEGO store restocked the 4x4 Crawler and I was lucky enough to get the last one.
Target had both LOTR sets for 30% off. Pirate Ship Ambush was $70 and the Black Gate was $42.

I have been getting an itch for a huge Technic set. But that is something I can't really sneak in. The limited Crawler is tempting, but that means delaying Ewok Village. Eventually I will get some huge technic set, just for something extremely different. It has been over 20 years since I built a dedicated technic.

Edit: and fear my persuasiveness if I go nuts with Technic. Lol

neonglow

I have been getting an itch for a huge Technic set. But that is something I can't really sneak in. The limited Crawler is tempting, but that means delaying Ewok Village. Eventually I will get some huge technic set, just for something extremely different. It has been over 20 years since I built a dedicated technic.

Edit: and fear my persuasiveness if I go nuts with Technic. Lol

The Mobile Crane MK II would be a good place to start. I would have gotten it if I didn't get the 4x4 Crawler LE.

42009-1.jpg

The Mobile Crane MK II would be a good place to start. I would have gotten it if I didn't get the 4x4 Crawler LE.

42009-1.jpg

The regular 4x4 Crawler is calling stronger than anything. The fact that it is essentially a remote controlled car is what is selling me. But damn is $200 hard to swallow for something I probably wont display or be a good parts pack. Of course, it would be a good display piece to show crazy shit off with.

But yeah, I am itching for Technic now for some reason. Just something different and challenging, and it will teach me new building techniques.

EDIT: Looking closer at the Crane, it is tempting as well. I am trying to resist much of anything except for one more set for the rest of the year. October will be tough with double VIP, and will probably cave on either Ewok Village or Sydney Opera House. Leaning more to Ewok Village.

Congrats! All Targets around me sold out of those great prices or some didn't have the price cut.

Was there only one Black Gate left on the shelf? I only ask because I see ONLY ONE Black Gate set.

neonglow

Congrats! All Targets around me sold out of those great prices or some didn't have the price cut.

Was there only one Black Gate left on the shelf? I only ask because I see ONLY ONE Black Gate set.

There was 2 but I felt I already spent enough money. I'll pick up another down the line.

mojiimbo

Yeah, if any of you guys in the U.S. were dying for the limited edition Technics RC set I would try calling your local store. The one here got a pretty big shipment of them this week for the first time since the initial shipment.

SpeedNut

Yeah, if any of you guys in the U.S. were dying for the limited edition Technics RC set I would try calling your local store. The one here got a pretty big shipment of them this week for the first time since the initial shipment.

With how much it's already gone up on the resale market I'm afraid to open mine up. Plus dat backlog.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The Parisian Restaurant coming out at the beginning of January (like the Horizon Express did this year) with a mid-December early release for VIPs.

That's exciting, but sucks for me. Ill have all of my Christmas presents purchased during double VIP in October. I can wait until the next double VIP to pick it up. Maybe with the xwing from this year I haven't gotten yet.... Or maybe town hall. I still don't have it either.

hmmblah

You can pick up the Constitution Train Chase for $54 at yoyo.com. It's $89.99 on their site, but use both codes: NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY to get an additional 40% off. It'll drop the set to $54!

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-lone-ranger-constitution-train-chase-79111-807734

Absolutely cannot pass that up at that price. Ordered! Hopefully it goes through.

Edit: Should be noted that you can only use NEXM4193 once and you must be a new customer. The 20LABORDAY code can only be applied to a single item in 1 order. Not sure if it can be used again on another single item order.

Jimbro72

You can pick up the Constitution Train Chase for $54 at yoyo.com. It's $89.99 on their site, but use both codes: NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY to get an additional 40% off. It'll drop the set to $54!

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-lone-ranger-constitution-train-chase-79111-807734

Holy crap! Half tempted to order a second one but I see one of those codes are for new customers only, which I am not. I think I may pick up something using the 20% off code, though. Just gotta figure out what.

rallaren

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/42009-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The alternative models for the two latest crane sets looks pretty darn good too. I'm also interested in the Service Truck!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Absolutely cannot pass that up at that price. Ordered! Hopefully it goes through.

Edit: Should be noted that you can only use NEXM4193 once and you must be a new customer. The 20LABORDAY code can only be applied to a single item in 1 order. Not sure if it can be used again on another single item order.

Ohhhh man. Do I want to buy a second for this price? I got mine earlier this month for 84.99. That is really tempting.....

Checking out a target on the way to a Mumford and sons concert. Only series 9 minifigs. No 10 or 11. I did see helms deep on sale for 85. Not at all interested, but some of you might want to check your local targets.

I would be all over a fantasy-history theme.

LEGO Mythology theme. It is a goldmine of awesome just waiting to be tapped. Even if they just focused on Greek and Roman mythology.

Give me a Mount Olympus set with the pantheon of gods. A labyrinth with a minotaur in the middle. A brick built kraken too. Yeah, this thing would be kick ass from here to right over there.

Heh, Duplo is so basic, the restriction can be fun:

Hulk and Spider-Man:

Limitations force creativity. I love having no restrictions for some things, but I am a firm believer in restrictions because it forces you to devise new ways to pull off what you want to do. It is also strangely liberating.

Top Bottom