• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

I forgot to mention that the 2 yoyo.com codes, NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY will work on any LEGO set. It just works out best for sets that are around $100.

20LABORDAY gives you 20% off one item.

NEXM4193 gives you 20% off all items up to $20 max discount for new customers.

Other people have used it to get King's Castle or Pirate Ship Ambush for $60.
Dolphin Cruiser works out to be $42.
Republic Gunship or Jabba's Sail Barge for $80.
Vampyre Castle for around $60.

Here's a link to all LEGO sets sorted from highest to lowest:
http://www.yoyo.com/subcat=LEGO-10427/Brand=LEGO?PageSize=200&SortExpression=Price (Descending)

Fxp

Got a nice surprise from local supermarket (RIMI) this morning. They're selling 11 series minifigs already and all their toys have 40% discount until Monday. I'm heading back there in a few hours to buy more of them.

Got a nice surprise from local supermarket (RIMI) this morning. They're selling 11 series minifigs already and all their toys have 40% discount until Monday. I'm heading back there in a few hours to buy more of them.

WOW. That is a crazy sale on something so new. Incredibly jealous.

Fxp

WOW. That is a crazy sale on something so new. Incredibly jealous.

And this is what I got (for now):
OJPmeJc.jpg

jordisok

There are some great series 11 figs, I'm not an avid collector but that gingerbread man will be mine!

Nice welding team you have there :p

Why is that barbarian's body on backwards? And is turning all their left hands side ways something you do, or do they come like that?

All CMFs come with their hands turned inward like that against their body.

I've got a few 11s and it's the same with them. Can't speak to the barbarian body though...

And this is what I got (for now):
OJPmeJc.jpg

Nice! My wife wants the Bavarian Pretzel Girl and the Island Warrior.

I want to get the grandma for my sister-in-law. Since the sweater has three cat heads on it, I'm calling the grandma the crazy cat lady, which is what my sister-in-law is on track to become. LOL

Forgive me Father Phon for I have sinned. I bought a few of these Kre-O before but the quality is just so inconsistence so I stop getting them but I have to have Nemesis Prime to go with my Optimus. I was surprise at my skill at feeling the bag (probably from feeling all the LEGO Mini-figs baggies) and got him from blind bag. (His giant gun is what I was feeling for and I was right).

Kre-O also put out a line of Zombie figures with military theme and those seems to be super popular with kids (edit: just did some searching and I guess they are based on Zynga game city-ville or something. I saw several kids come in looking for them. The Target I went the boxes were all empty. I can't help but think LEGO would do great with light hearted zombie series.

Forgive me Father Phon for I have sinned. I bought a few of these Kre-O before but the quality is just so inconsistence so I stop getting them but I have to have Nemesis Prime to go with my Optimus. I was surprise at my skill at feeling the bag (probably from feeling all the LEGO Mini-figs baggies) and got him from blind bag. (His giant gun is what I was feeling for and I was right).

idrUgjRl.jpg

Kre-O also put out a line of Zombie figures with military theme and those seems to be super popular with kids (edit: just did some searching and I guess they are based on Zynga game city-ville or something. I saw several kids come in looking for them. The Target I went the boxes were all empty. I can't help but think LEGO would do great with light hearted zombie series.

We can form a non-purist sect of the Cult of LEGO. They have blind bags for that?!? I want Nemesis Prime! The quality of Kreons is definitely lower. I've read of cracks forming in the Kreons which maybe they improved.

I got a few of the CityVille ones. There are two per bag. They are kinda an SD/Chibi fig. The head is normal sized, but the bodies are kinda like the LEGO microfigs except you put a regular head on them and they have arms that move and can hold items. This means all heads and accessories are compatible with regular Kreons and LEGO minifigs. *GASP*

In related blashpemy, TRU is starting to stock the Scooby Doo LEGO compatible sets. They don't appear on their website yet, but I've seen them in the stores. Unfortunately, the TRU closest to me doesn't have the blind bags. I must get Daphne and Velma as they are the rare ones. What sucks is I found 3 sets, but none of them were the Mystery Machine set. FAIL. That's the most iconic set of that theme.

EDIT: I see now that Kreon Micro Changers wave 3 is the one with Nemesis Prime. Haven't seen those in stores around me yet.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you

idrUgjRl.jpg

Psst...the blind bagged Kreons have unique numbers on the back of their bags that allow you to identify them.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Seems like TLG is not distributing Series 11 in Scandinavia and Benelux countries. They'll only be available at their online store.

Anybody know where I can get a boxes of 60 for ~€100?

Seems like TLG is not distributing Series 11 in Scandinavia and Benelux countries. They'll only be available at their online store.

Anybody know where I can get a boxes of 60 for ~€100?

I bought a box of series 9 from Amazon.fr below MSRP for here in the U.S. Yes it was cheaper that MSRP including shipping costs. They don't have Series 11 yet, but they have had them for a bunch of the past series.

Other than that, many buy through Bricklink sellers.

shadow29

Neo Member
The Wizard of Oz Cuusoo set is getting close to approval at just over 9000. Too bad the deadlines this weekend, since at the rate it has been going it should hit 10k early next week.

Odds are the that set and Macross should be the first two ready for the next wave then. After that who knows, though I'd wager on the Adventure Time theme once it hits the front page. Jurassic parks also been skyrocketing, probably due to that drama and good movie attachment. Its almost at 5k.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The Wizard of Oz Cuusoo set is getting close to approval at just over 9000. Too bad the deadlines this weekend, since at the rate it has been going it should hit 10k early next week.

Odds are the that set and Macross should be the first two ready for the next wave then. After that who knows, though I'd wager on the Adventure Time theme once it hits the front page. Jurassic parks also been skyrocketing, probably due to that drama and good movie attachment. Its almost at 5k.

I have no hopes for the Macross CUUSOO project. The rights are going to be a pain in the butt to resolve.

shadow29

Neo Member
I have no hopes for the Macross CUUSOO project. The rights are going to be a pain in the butt to resolve.

I know, it will never happen. Robotech as a whole is a complete mess for another decade I think. It's a real shame since I really like the series.

Mose so though I like daikoncat's build a bit more. My real hope is for Daikoncat's to get to 10K so he'll release the plans for it (He knows its not going to be approved, so he mentioned he'd release it on his site if it hits 10k). Its a long ways away but I hold out hope. Though it make take a hit once that one is shot down.... I'd be just as happy to make my own at that time. Though I'd probably end up with like 6 :p

neonglow

There's a new rumor that LEGO is making Series 13 of the CMF line entirely Simpsons figures. They're gonna ditch the playsets.

If it's true, the CMF line might just turn into a licensed minifigure line with Series 12 being stuff from The LEGO Movie.

There's a new rumor that LEGO is making Series 13 of the CMF line entirely Simpsons figures. They're gonna ditch the playsets.

If it's true, the CMF line might just turn into a licensed minifigure line with Series 12 being stuff from The LEGO Movie.

That line will sell like absolute hot cakes if true. If the whole CMF line turns into nothing more than license...I feel it's only to get more crazy, ugh.

Jimbro72

Wait, so they're only doing Simpsons releases this way and not actual sets now? That could be disappointing, if true.

The CMF line possibly turning into a licensed minifig line wouldn't be all that surprising. I mean, how many more releases could they do of generic figs before they really start to run out of neat ideas of stuff to do? At some point, that well is going to run dry.

I dunno, if they give us 16 individual LotR figures in a CMF series, I wouldn't complain. Although, I don't see that happening as that would eat into the sales of the regular sets. They have to know that lots of collectors buy sets just for the figures.

Simpsons... eh, maybe. There's certainly more interesting figures than sets, but they'd need to take over the CMF line for years to release everything. And then IMAGINE the outrage when there's six Barts to every set... or if Bart is only in the first set, leaving late collectors raging...

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I don't buy that CMF rumour - because the series 13 sets should be the ones that come with online codes to unlock the minifigs in the LEGO Minifigure Online game.

neonglow

I don't buy that CMF rumour - because the series 13 sets should be the ones that come with online codes to unlock the minifigs in the LEGO Minifigure Online game.

The LEGO Minifigure Online Game is due out late 2014. Series 13 should be out in late Spring/early Summer.

Reposting Brickset news for a good deal on a long discontinued set.
$60 + shipping + tax (I assume) for a $80 MSRP out of print set.

I'd jump on it, but I already BrickLinked a few minifigs so I only want it for camel and the unique Persian design. On the fence as I have a TON of stuff I want so I may just BrickLink camel. Lots of nice parts in this set too.

7573-1: Battle of Alamut
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7573-1

7573-1.jpg

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7511

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't do CMFs, but given that I engineer concrete and steel structures, I feel like I need the welder for my office!

If anyone gets an extra and wants to sell it, let me know!!

Ryuuroden

Yay, guess what came in the mail today. My Monster Fighters Haunted House set! Box was so big it took up the entire backseat of my Ford Focus which while small is not that small of a car. Good thing amazon packed it in a box 3 times the size of the set cause the shipping box looked like they had shipped it through Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq before getting to my place. I would not of been happy if the actual box was damaged as I save those when it comes to exclusive sets and the like.

ghostmind

More info on the 2014 CITY police-state sets:

60041 Crook Pursuit
60042 High Speed Police Chase
60043 Prisoner Transport
60044 Mobile Police Unit
60045 Police Patrol
60046 Helicopter Surveillance
60047 Police Station

More info on the 2014 CITY police-state sets:

60041 Crook Pursuit
60042 High Speed Police Chase
60043 Prisoner Transport
60044 Mobile Police Unit
60045 Police Patrol
60046 Helicopter Surveillance
60047 Police Station

Thanks for the info as usual.

These set names sound like they could be from any sets of the previous xx years. So general. :)

ghostmind

Ever since 2011, TLG has gone Police-crazy!

3648 Police Chase
3658 Police Helicopter
7279 Police Minifigure Collection
7285 Police Dog Unit
7286 Prisoner Transport
7287 Police Boat
7288 Mobile Police Unit
7498 Police Station

4205 Off-Road Command Centre
4436 Patrol Car
4437 Police Pursuit
4438 Robbers' Hideout
4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter
4440 Forest Police Station
4441 Police Dog Van

60006 Police ATV
60007 High Speed Chase
60008 Museum Break-in
60009 Helicopter Arrest

Ever since 2011, TLG has gone Police-crazy!

3648 Police Chase
3658 Police Helicopter
7279 Police Minifigure Collection
7285 Police Dog Unit
7286 Prisoner Transport
7287 Police Boat
7288 Mobile Police Unit
7498 Police Station

4205 Off-Road Command Centre
4436 Patrol Car
4437 Police Pursuit
4438 Robbers' Hideout
4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter
4440 Forest Police Station
4441 Police Dog Van

60006 Police ATV
60007 High Speed Chase
60008 Museum Break-in
60009 Helicopter Arrest

They need something like "Maximum Security Prison". Kinda like Olivia's house or the Friends school. Cells, mess hall, solitary, etc can be rearranged. Can have an exercise yard with a wall for pretend breakouts.

EDIT: Lots of play value. Fighting in mess hall, catapult to shoot inmates over the wall, add a watchtower with flick fire missiles,...possibilities are endless.

EDIT 2: Can have a trap door to drop someone from the warden's office into solitary. Sooo many ideas are there.

Psst...the blind bagged Kreons have unique numbers on the back of their bags that allow you to identify them.

What ! I thought they did away with that. You mean I spend like 10 mins feeling all those bags when I could have just look it up. Thanks for the info. Too bad there is nothing else I want from this series. :/ Good to know for the future when I want to be tainted with abomination.

We can form a non-purist sect of the Cult of LEGO. They have blind bags for that?!? I want Nemesis Prime! The quality of Kreons is definitely lower. I've read of cracks forming in the Kreons which maybe they improved.

I got a few of the CityVille ones. There are two per bag. They are kinda an SD/Chibi fig. The head is normal sized, but the bodies are kinda like the LEGO microfigs except you put a regular head on them and they have arms that move and can hold items. This means all heads and accessories are compatible with regular Kreons and LEGO minifigs. *GASP*

In related blashpemy, TRU is starting to stock the Scooby Doo LEGO compatible sets. They don't appear on their website yet, but I've seen them in the stores. Unfortunately, the TRU closest to me doesn't have the blind bags. I must get Daphne and Velma as they are the rare ones. What sucks is I found 3 sets, but none of them were the Mystery Machine set. FAIL. That's the most iconic set of that theme.

EDIT: I see now that Kreon Micro Changers wave 3 is the one with Nemesis Prime. Haven't seen those in stores around me yet.

Kre-O is probably one of the better LEGO clones but the quality is still far below LEGO. And sadly I think this later Kre-O the quality has gotten worst and not better. (Seems to be the case across all Hasbro products line really). The fits are usually poor especially torso and snap on pieces, and the parts are not well molded, plus the quality control also quite lagging, I got missing pieces, or two left arms figures.

I have to go look for those Scooby-Doo at TRU. On that note, TRU is having promotion, where they give away Star Wars Battle Pack.

I did an interview on brickfanatics last night that went up today!

Great interview Brent! I love that they refer to you as a "renounced" CUUSOO creator.

That Spiderman CUUSOO you mention is insane! I haven't seen it before...wow. Supported. I totally agree with your take on licensed sets.

I forgot to mention that the 2 yoyo.com codes, NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY will work on any LEGO set. It just works out best for sets that are around $100.
Here's a link to all LEGO sets sorted from highest to lowest:
http://www.yoyo.com/subcat=LEGO-10427/Brand=LEGO?PageSize=200&SortExpression=Price (Descending)

Thanks for this...I'm sitting here staring at a checkout page with Jabba's Palace at $70 USD. This thing goes for $150 CDN and my trigger finger is getting itchy.

Wait, so they're only doing Simpsons releases this way and not actual sets now? That could be disappointing, if true.

The CMF line possibly turning into a licensed minifig line wouldn't be all that surprising. I mean, how many more releases could they do of generic figs before they really start to run out of neat ideas of stuff to do? At some point, that well is going to run dry.

I completely agree. As I mentioned before, I really like that the latest series has a definite holiday slant. Unless they start doing more of that they're going to run dry. There are only so many offset pairings left for them to do after all.

Female elf? Evil gingerbread man? Male Librarian?

Honestly, I'd welcome the change. Even if only so it would allow me to jump off the CMF treadmill!

Speaking of which, does anybody know if there are sites aside from Brickset that sell complete series 1 sets?

ghostmind

This Simpsons rumor has a few variations.

What I have heard is that CMF13 will be Simpsons minifigs, but that the sets are still happening (however not all parts of the world may be getting them due to licensing restrictions).

Additionally I've heard that:

CMF12 = LEGO Movie
CMF13 = Simpsons
CMF14 = LEGO Minifig Game

Personally, I'll miss the unique CMF minifigs, but maybe it is time for a break.

Top Bottom