• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

This Simpsons rumor has a few variations.

What I have heard is that CMF13 will be Simpsons minifigs, but that the sets are still happening (however not all parts of the world may be getting them due to licensing restrictions).

Additionally I've heard that:

CMF12 = LEGO Movie
CMF13 = Simpsons
CMF14 = LEGO Minifig Game

Personally, I'll miss the unique CMF minifigs, but maybe it is time for a break.

What could a LEGO Minifig Game collection look like? I'd assume most would be variants of previous minifigures?

ghostmind

What could a LEGO Minifig Game collection look like? I'd assume most would be variants of previous minifigures?

This is from the press release:

Additionally, new Minifigures toys will include codes for playable in-game versions of the character. There will be roughly 100 characters to collect.

Now, I'm assuming that they aren't going to release 100 new minifigs, but that CMF14 minifigs will come packaged with codes to add the new series minifigs into the game, which will already have a mix of Series 1 - 11 characters.

Actually, it may turn out that CMF14 is a return to the "classic" CMFs, just with the addition of game codes packed in. Or they could all be minifigs based on the story of the game.

I completely agree. As I mentioned before, I really like that the latest series has a definite holiday slant. Unless they start doing more of that they're going to run dry. There are only so many offset pairings left for them to do after all.

Female elf? Evil gingerbread man? Male Librarian?

Honestly, I'd welcome the change. Even if only so it would allow me to jump off the CMF treadmill!

Yes, they are running low, but there's still stuff left. I'd like an evil genie please, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

Canadian mounty. Chinese monk (preferably Shaolin), Russian Cosaack, other well-known international occupations/cultures.
bellboy, fast food employee, 50's rebel, prospector, barber quartet, park ranger
animal mascots - dog, cat, lion, cow, penguin, turtle, etc
princess (introducing a new rounder piece for skirt) this leads into poodle skirt and maybe victorian dresses
Ghost using the genie piece

This Simpsons rumor has a few variations.

What I have heard is that CMF13 will be Simpsons minifigs, but that the sets are still happening (however not all parts of the world may be getting them due to licensing restrictions).

Additionally I've heard that:

CMF12 = LEGO Movie
CMF13 = Simpsons
CMF14 = LEGO MMO

Personally, I'll miss the unique CMF minifigs, but maybe it is time for a break.

A break would be only 1 of the typical CMF series we've been getting. If they do something like above I'll be very upset because Super Heroes should be getting a treatment like that!!!

Perhaps you are right, a break would be reasonable. However, CMF's always represented minifigs that wouldn't typically be made for sets, but compliment them. Wait a second, LEGO MMO sounds exactly like that. :) It will be sad for them to be gone for a whole year.

Can't remember where I saw it picture (this thread?), but there are new enemy minifigs in the game. I believe the recent trailer has glimpses of new minifigs for the game.

This is from the press release:

Additionally, new Minifigures toys will include codes for playable in-game versions of the character. There will be roughly 100 characters to collect.

Now, I'm assuming that they aren't going to release 100 new minifigs, but that CMF14 minifigs will come packaged with codes to add the new series minifigs into the game, which will already have a mix of Series 1 - 11 characters.

Actually, it may turn out that CMF14 is a return to the "classic" CMFs, just with the addition of game codes packed in. Or they could all be minifigs based on the story of the game.

EDIT: Oh. Sounds good.

EDIT 2: Perhaps they mean 100 characters which includes future series after series 14, assuming the game lasts that long.

Ryuuroden

I forgot to mention that the 2 yoyo.com codes, NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY will work on any LEGO set. It just works out best for sets that are around $100.

20LABORDAY gives you 20% off one item.

NEXM4193 gives you 20% off all items up to $20 max discount for new customers.

Other people have used it to get King's Castle or Pirate Ship Ambush for $60.
Dolphin Cruiser works out to be $42.
Republic Gunship or Jabba's Sail Barge for $80.
Vampyre Castle for around $60.

Here's a link to all LEGO sets sorted from highest to lowest:
http://www.yoyo.com/subcat=LEGO-10427/Brand=LEGO?PageSize=200&SortExpression=Price (Descending)

I shouldn't have waited so long but i was busy. You can't combine the 2 codes anymore.

sharbhund

I was looking at some large-scale MOCs today (the moving water in Oasis is awesome!), and I can't figure out where the shiny green doors in Siercon and Coral's Faerie Forest come from. I'd like to get some, but I can't find anything similar in Bricklink. Does anyone know if they're non-LEGO parts?

FuSyTbr.jpg

Ryuuroden

Figured I would show some of my older mocs. I have done stuff more recently, including a downtown Marshall Fields type department store, car repair shop, and started on various others like a bakery but I don't have pictures of any of them and really don't plan to till I get a better camera later this year. Anyways this stuff is on mocpages under "LegoRyu 1777". I have other builds on that site as well.

Aquarium Diorama: I made the diorama just to post it on mocpages, the actual Aquarium is a centerpiece in a restaurant on the third floor of the department store
1326408603m_DISPLAY.jpg

1326408657m_DISPLAY.jpg

Police Modular: It has reception, armory, Garage, lineup room, Interrogation room, jail, prisoner visitation window, evidence room, room to take the mugshot, work space for the investigators, chiefs office, and rest and recreation area for officers.
1297975176m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975246m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975295m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975352m_DISPLAY.jpg

Ironmask

Figured I would show some of my older mocs. I have done stuff more recently, including a downtown Marshall Fields type department store, car repair shop, and started on various others like a bakery but I don't have pictures of any of them and really don't plan to till I get a better camera later this year. Anyways this stuff is on mocpages under "LegoRyu 1777". I have other builds on that site as well.

Aquarium Diorama: I made the diorama just to post it on mocpages, the actual Aquarium is a centerpiece in a restaurant on the third floor of the department store
1326408603m_DISPLAY.jpg

Police Modular: It has reception, armory, Garage, lineup room, Interrogation room, jail, prisoner visitation window, evidence room, room to take the mugshot, work space for the investigators, chiefs office, and rest and recreation area for officers.
1297975176m_DISPLAY.jpg

/QUOTE]

That's something impressive, hope to build your skill soon enough!

wetwired

1326408603m_DISPLAY.jpg

1326408657m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975176m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975246m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975295m_DISPLAY.jpg

1297975352m_DISPLAY.jpg

Awesome, that style of police station is almost exactly the style of building I want to do as a modular police station myself, a different layout though.

I guess I don't need to bother now! :)

S@H has updated with the September sets. Mostly Mindstorms from what I can see, along with the series 11 of course.

I'm grabbing the CMFs but I'm actually having trouble finding something else to go with them. I'm not getting Ewok Village after all - I need to keep that spending money for the Hobbit sets when they turn up.

Edit:

Ended up with 16 minifigs and a bunch of PAB parts for a project. Now, I had intended to use Ewok Village for a MOC... but before that I want to finsh my earlier plans. Also, the plans I had for EV were way too grand, I would have to get another couple of hundred $ worth of extra parts and end up with something I don't really have room to display. All for 3-4 characters.

I had similarly huge plans that would involve building a Modular type medieval building that would ultimately serve as a diorama for 6 of them. If I keep doing that with my 40+ customs, this will end up quite expensive.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are the new Minecraft sets going to be on Amazon? I'm assuming they'll be well stocked at LEGO Stores since they're not limited CUUSOO sets like the first one.

Ryuuroden

Awesome, that style of police station is almost exactly the style of building I want to do as a modular police station myself, a different layout though.

I guess I don't need to bother now! :)

Thanks, that complement means a lot coming from a builder of your caliber.

Are the new Minecraft sets going to be on Amazon? I'm assuming they'll be well stocked at LEGO Stores since they're not limited CUUSOO sets like the first one.

It sounds like they may not be available in-store at all. Current feedback is that they will be online-only.

Tomorrow is September 1st, so it's time to take advantage of updated promos. I have convinced the family that we need to do a "family build". Haunted House incoming.

1326408603m_DISPLAY.jpg

Welcome!

These sets are fantastic; the aquarium is wonderful.

Are the internal facets of the police modular taken from other sets? The ping pong table looks familar. I love the grey brickwork-it makes the "City" theme seem worthwhile.

Anony

i just boxed up my lego models, a big space commander ship and various other ships along with my left over lego pieces
had it laying there for years, the ships are probably 7 or 8 years old

RIP lego and my memories

mojiimbo

Really liking next month's winter promo.

9w4sJ7B.jpg
They're not even shipping them to retail Lego stores yet AFAIK. Supposedly they're web exclusives for now.

ghostmind

Really liking next month's winter promo.

9w4sJ7B.jpg
They're not even shipping them to retail Lego stores yet AFAIK. Supposedly they're web exclusives for now.

Sweet promo! Love that they are doing the 2-part Christmas sets, as in 2011. This one will fit nicely in the Winter Village.

May need to space out my purchases over the next two months , so I can get a couple of these and the 2nd half at Brick Friday.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is set 40082, so it stands to reason that the second one is 40083. Both are unknown sets prior to this announcement, and there are also two additional Christmas sets (that I thought were going to be this year's promos) coming up - 40058 Decorating the Tree and 40059 Santa Sleigh.

My haul from randomly grabbing 12 bags. Glad to get two Science Genius Girls. Can give one to my wife to put on her desk at the chemistry lab at school. I am referring to it as her unofficial figure.

ghostmind

If the promo is like the one in 2011, then the second Christmas set will also be for purchases $99 and up, and will only be available for 4 days (Nov 29, 30, Dec 1, 2)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It has been done. Perfect timing on that VW T1 Camper Van freebie!

My Micro World will be the Micro-est World ever!

UH09MiK.png

Also a perfect time to use my really old $5 credit!

I want that mini VW camper, but remaining strong for double VIP. Praying I can get one of the many mini campers that Ghostmind gets.

Which reminds me, with Sydney Opera House being officially out now, Tower Bridge is probably on the way out. Get it while you can.

Also, what better thing to complement the mini VW Camper than its full sized brother. One of the greatest sets still in print.

Jimbro72

Hmmm, just placed an order on LEGO for 2 SW sets, totaling $65 plus 20 series 11 mini figs but only got the free mini van. It did not include the free Clone Trooper Lieutenant. Can't figure out why not. I met the $50 worth of SW criteria. Guess I'll wait and see if it shows up in my box or not when it arrives. Surely this is not a case of only getting one or the other and not allowed to get both promotional items, is it? If so, sure would be nice if they clarified that somewhere. I would have adjusted my order, had I known.

neonglow

I just ordered both new Minecraft sets, the Republic Frigate polybag and the Pumpkin polybag to get the Camper Van polybag. Need to figure out what I want for the Clone Trooper.

shadow29

Neo Member
Just ordered the Opera house and a few figs. Won't be able to get to a store to feel em out for a while. But it was hard holding out this long to get the mini VW, I really want to build the Opera House.

ghostmind

Just ordered the two new Minecraft sets and the Halloween Pumpkin polybag, which gets me my first VW Camper poly.

Tomorrow its time to hit the LEGO store!

ghostmind

I'm saving the Ewok Village and the WV Market for mid-October to maximize those 2xVIP dollars and get me a couple Christmas promo sets.

Jedi Defender and something else in November for Brick Friday promo.

ghostmind

Just ordered the Opera house and a few figs. Won't be able to get to a store to feel em out for a while. But it was hard holding out this long to get the mini VW, I really want to build the Opera House.

Looking forward to getting your impressions of the build.

I'm saving the Ewok Village and the WV Market for mid-October to maximize those 2xVIP dollars and get me a couple Christmas promo sets.

Jedi Defender and something else in November for Brick Friday promo.

Ewok Village and Winter Village are October for sure. Debating if I am getting Sydney Opera House now or early next year. But October will be BRUTAL.

Brick Friday will either be Arkham or train motors and a random set.

Top Bottom