• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Ewok Village and Winter Village are October for sure. Debating if I am getting Sydney Opera House now or early next year. But October will be BRUTAL.

Brick Friday will either be Arkham or train motors and a random set.

I've decided that I'm skipping the Opera House - concentrating on minifig-scale sets going forward (Minecraft is for my son). Need to draw the line somewhere, as I'm over 100 sets for 2013.

That said, I also need to get a second Horizon Express, so that I can "complete" the train for my future city.

EDIT: You need Arkham!

ghostmind

I know. Mainly because its a Marcos Bessa set.

It's also one of the few superhero sets where the actual set is "worth it". I'm pretty much just buying the superhero sets only for the minifigs now, so I'm considering just Bricklink'ing them going forward. Arkham Asylum and the Quinjet are two of the exceptions though - the set itself is the main attraction for me on those two (and a couple others).

It's also one of the few superhero sets where the actual set is "worth it". I'm pretty much just buying the superhero sets only for the minifigs now, so I'm considering just Bricklink'ing them going forward. Arkham Asylum and the Quinjet are two of the exceptions though - the set itself is the main attraction for me on those two (and a couple others).

The minifigs are a great thing from Arkham. I am really looking at it as a parts pack though. But that was how I viewed Quinjet as well, and we all know how that turned out for me.

neonglow

I went to Walmart and felt a ton of bags to get the full set of Series 11. The figure I kept coming across was the Barbarian. My favorites from this series is the Scarecrow and the Yeti though I think the Welder's mask is neat. I probably need to get another saxophone player to create the Blues Brothers.

9640450249_ae74c80bcd_z.jpg

shadow29

Neo Member
Looking forward to getting your impressions of the build.

Yes Ill post Pics as soon as its done. Hopefully It'll be here next weekend. Give me something else to do while I watch Football. Though with Monday a holiday, I have a feeling that 3-8 day shipping won't be on the quick side.... sigh.

I went to Walmart and felt a ton of bags to get the full set of Series 11. The figure I kept coming across was the Barbarian. My favorites from this series is the Scarecrow and the Yeti though I think the Welder's mask is neat. I probably need to get another saxophone player to create the Blues Brothers.

Glad I am not the only one thinking those are Jake and Elwood Blues.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If the promo is like the one in 2011, then the second Christmas set will also be for purchases $99 and up, and will only be available for 4 days (Nov 29, 30, Dec 1, 2)

Damn, the run up to Christmas is difficult.

September - mini camper can
October - double VIP points and Christmas bonus set
November - Christmas bonus set 2 (although if it is November 29 I'll be in the same shopping mall as the lego stoe, picking up my Ps4, plus its my birthday. So that one is ok)

I'm just not feeling a ton of sets. Might have to use the lego marvel game to help reach the targets like I did last year

ghostmind

Hmmm, just placed an order on LEGO for 2 SW sets, totaling $65 plus 20 series 11 mini figs but only got the free mini van. It did not include the free Clone Trooper Lieutenant. Can't figure out why not. I met the $50 worth of SW criteria. Guess I'll wait and see if it shows up in my box or not when it arrives. Surely this is not a case of only getting one or the other and not allowed to get both promotional items, is it? If so, sure would be nice if they clarified that somewhere. I would have adjusted my order, had I known.

I just tested this out with a mock order of one single $90 SW set and both the VW and the Clone Trooper were placed in the order. If you don't get a Clone Trooper, you should follow up with customer service.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
New Mindstorms is €350 on the German store, but €400 on the Dutch store. WTF is wrong with them.

-_-

Really liking next month's winter promo.

9w4sJ7B.jpg

Oh that's a fantastic promo!! I love the effort they've put into the holiday bonuses the last few years. This will go really nicely with the Winter Village theme and last year's sleigh ride.

I may hold off on the Winter Village Market to get this & double VIP.

Is the promo next to it a repeat of September's clone trooper? I'm heading to the LEGO store in a couple of hours to get a few sets for both promos.

If the promo is like the one in 2011, then the second Christmas set will also be for purchases $99 and up, and will only be available for 4 days (Nov 29, 30, Dec 1, 2)

Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks. I hope that the Canadian stores get the second set as well. I never ended up purchasing the second half of the 2011 sets and regret it. It's sitting for $35 at my go-to LEGO shop.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Still haven't found any in the wild. Most likely won't be anywhere that has any for a couple weeks at least.

chidrock

Anybody getting the Ewok Village today since the September promo (minivan and clone trooper) will be going on? I've been on the fence about getting it.

I'll admit that I was never that big on the Ewoks, but the amount of details and things from the movie that they put in is pretty cool. (levitating C-3PO!) Just wish it had some more unique minifigs besides the Luke and Leia.

ghostmind

If you buy the Palace Cinema between now and December 31st from S@H, you will get a free LEGO Movie sticker for your movie posters. Offer only in NorthAm so far.

9rXBQLk.jpg

credit to GRogall on Eurobricks.

Jimbro72

I just tested this out with a mock order of one single $90 SW set and both the VW and the Clone Trooper were placed in the order. If you don't get a Clone Trooper, you should follow up with customer service.

Thanks. I think they were having some system glitches when I was ordering as when I woke up this morning and saw the emailed order confirmation, it did include the clone trooper. So all is well. Now I think I'll place another order for the two Minecraft sets and a couple of the Fall scenes and be done for the month with S@H orders.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Had my first visit to a Lego store today.

I have mixed feelings. The store was great and I bought the Lego Pumpkin (Jack-o-Lantern) thing. On the other hand, the new minifigure packs were there and 3 douchebags were blocking the entire set feeling through for the ones they wanted. They had clearly been there for hours and had them stacked up in a row along the shelf. A woman was waiting behind them for at least 10 minutes until I walked up and asked if she and I could get through to grab a random pack or two for our kids.

Ended up with the mountain climber and the grandma with the cat.

ghostmind

LEGO store was INSANE this morning.

Some additions to the calendar:

2x VIP runs all month long in October.

Visit a LEGO store on Oct 31st dressed in your Halloween Costume and get a free Monster Fighters keychain.

neonglow

LEGO store was INSANE this morning.

Some additions to the calendar:

2x VIP runs all month long in October.

Visit a LEGO store on Oct 31st dressed in your Halloween Costume and get a free Monster Fighters keychain.

Were people there looking for LEGO Minecraft sets and getting disappointed that it's online only?

Jimbro72

Ryuuroden

Welcome!

These sets are fantastic; the aquarium is wonderful.

Are the internal facets of the police modular taken from other sets? The ping pong table looks familar. I love the grey brickwork-it makes the "City" theme seem worthwhile.

Yeah, some of the internal stuff was. The ping pong table and refrigerator was taken from one of my 3 firehouse modular sets. some of the jail stuff was reused from the jail in a 2010 set, the helicopter and police car are from other sets. The police printed brick in front is from a 1980's police headquarters set.

ghostmind

Were people there looking for LEGO Minecraft sets and getting disappointed that it's online only?

There were a few. Mostly it was people clambering over Series 11 CMFs (the store set up a separate area for them away from most of the traffic, to let the bag whisperers do their thing), and families signing up for the October Club builds.

One couple thought that a $75 purchase entitled them to the full-size VW T1 Camper for free. That was awkward.

Pics of my haul in a bit!

MXRider

My BTTF sets arrived today, I sized them up against my Cuusoo submissions...

bttf.jpg

I actually really like the set and the build...a lot, much more than I thought I would, it'd have to be my favourite set at of at least the past 2 years.

The presentation of the set is great too, it's my first cuusoo purchase and the box and manual printing, paper quality and content is all awesome.

Though building it did bring up my pet peeve of instructions of late, building a piece over several pages and then finding out you have to do exactly the same again mirrored, so annoying when I could have done them at the same time. I understand they need to show the process for people who don't build as often but a little icon in the corner to say x2 mirrored or something would help for buildings who can figure it out.
Do you have any more info/pics on your tumbler? That thing looks sweet!

ghostmind

Today's haul - not including the S@H order last night.

a3FTlGc.jpg

Still need the Pretzel Girl, Grandma and Scarecrow, for those whom will be trading with me. Wouldn't mind another Island Warrior and Yeti as well.

Jimbro72

a3FTlGc.jpg

Still need the Pretzel Girl, Grandma and Scarecrow, for those whom will be trading with me. Wouldn't mind another Island Warrior and Yeti as well.

Nice haul there. I can let know about possible trades when the 20 I ordered show up later this week. I'm sure to have plenty of dupes.

I ordered a movie and Dynasty Warriors 8 off a Swedish retailer. Figured I should grab some Lego while I was at it because every order is more fun with Lego. Turned out they still have series 6, 7, 9 and 10. I got one 6, one 7 and two 10... because it's still fun to get them, even though I mostly have what I want.

neonglow

a3FTlGc.jpg

Nice haul. If you're looking for the Pretzel Girl, feel for her rubber headpiece with 2 ponytails. For the Grandma, feel for the rubber basket.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

a3FTlGc.jpg

What extras do you have? My son wasn't too enamored with the Grandma in his pack today.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I just found an "online item" Fire Brigade at Target for $100. How do I cope with this?

Had my first visit to a Lego store today.

I have mixed feelings. The store was great and I bought the Lego Pumpkin (Jack-o-Lantern) thing. On the other hand, the new minifigure packs were there and 3 douchebags were blocking the entire set feeling through for the ones they wanted. They had clearly been there for hours and had them stacked up in a row along the shelf. A woman was waiting behind them for at least 10 minutes until I walked up and asked if she and I could get through to grab a random pack or two for our kids.

Ended up with the mountain climber and the grandma with the cat.

That's definitely a jerk move. I usually ask what they are looking for and give it to them if I find it. I'm going through them anyway. Of course I make sure I get mine first unless I'm in a more generous mood.

Target has the Mandalorian Speeder 75022 on sale this week for $20. It's available online and in store.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-mandalorian-speeder-75022/-/A-14560027

14560027_130430163000.jpg

I hope they have them in stock when I finally can make it out there.

Nice haul. If you're looking for the Pretzel Girl, feel for her rubber headpiece with 2 ponytails. For the Grandma, feel for the rubber basket.

Nice choice to feel as "feeling" with "grandma" or "pretzel girl" can go wrong quickly.

Guys I just found an "online item" Fire Brigade at Target for $100. How do I cope with this?

Doesn't compute. You said found, not bought. I'm confused.

Top Bottom