• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

They're mini-dolls. Going by the numbering, I expect Cinderella to get a big castle set. I could imagine Rapunzel's tower being a multi-level tower with modular rooms. Hoping it'll be like a smaller version of the Tower of Orthanc.

I think phonciplebone was referring to the CMF idea.

Small Tower of Orthanc would be fun. Hoards of princes attacking. An Eye of Rapunzel.

I would love minidoll versions of super heroes and villains.

A Disney Princess line would cripple me financially!
Partner she loves Disney films and would order me to get them for my daughter to build when she is older (she is only 14 weeks).

A Disney Villans theme would be awesome, Cruella De villes (spelling may be wrong)car would be an ace set.

Awwww yeah, I received the new LEGO Fall 2013 catalog today with another 10% off coupon good through 10/13/13. The Jedi Defender will soon be mine... hopefully with Double VIP to boot!

wetwired

Some updates on my display, I added the chinese food or dojo downstairs...

buildingX_05.jpg

Started on the yard for the haunted house

hh_tree01.jpg

hh_tree02.jpg

buildingX_05.jpg

hh_tree02.jpg

I really like the fire escape stairs. Looks very solid with connectors on both sides of bottom rails.

Lots of inspiration in these builds, and by inspiration I mean steal. :)

Built the POTC Black Pearl and one building from the Diagon Alley set (Ollivanders Wand Shop) over the long weekend. The Black Pearl was a straightforward build, nothing special, but the finished set looks nice.

Ollivanders Wand Shop...WOW. Loved the colors and the build was a lot of fun. I can't wait to build Gringott's Bank and Borgin and Burke's.

buildingX_05.jpg

hh_tree01.jpg

hh_tree02.jpg

DAT TREE! Love it.

Built the POTC Black Pearl and one building from the Diagon Alley set (Ollivanders Wand Shop) over the long weekend. The Black Pearl was a straightforward build, nothing special, but the finished set looks nice.

Ollivanders Wand Shop...WOW. Loved the colors and the build was a lot of fun. I can't wait to build Gringott's Bank and Borgin and Burke's.

Olivander's was cool, but so top heavy that it easily falls over. Gringott's is neat because of how you can fold it up. That was my favorite building in that set.

PoTC Black Pearl is a nice looking ship. I have that one, but haven't mto made Queen Mary yet.

:( I waited too long to pull the trigger on Diagon Alley set. Got away from me.

Man that is some excellent work, great job, especially on the tree!

Anwho I just built that Mandalorian Speeder set with Darth Maul and I got to ask, why does Maul look like that? Half man, half machine?

neonglow

Why is this not on CUUSOO?

It's very unlikely to get produced. Masters of the Universe property is owned by Mattel. They have an existing partnership with Mega Bloks right now with Barbie and Hot Wheels being licensed to them.

Someone made the Blues Brother from Series 11.

c94620c78b1c36c2001b5ecd47c82b.jpg

Man that is some excellent work, great job, especially on the tree!

Anwho I just built that Mandalorian Speeder set with Darth Maul and I got to ask, why does Maul look like that? Half man, half machine?

At the end of Episode 1 he was cut in half, and during the Clone Wars TV series(cartoon), he was found again and received robotic legs. Became a bad guy in a tandem with his brother.

Linky if you want to read more in-depth explanations

ghostmind

Jesus. I just realized that we are closing in on 20k posts soon. Will it last until the end of the year?

No chance - we are at a current rate of 1,000 posts per month. We're in a bit of a light news cycle at the moment, but that will change by October.

Are you up for the OT3 OP?

No chance - we are at a current rate of 1,000 posts per month. We're in a bit of a light news cycle at the moment, but that will change by October.

Are you up for the OT3 OP?

Shouldn't be a problem. Just some tweaks to this OP (tweaks that I said I would do months ago and didnt. Like a chump!) and updates for 2014 themes and it should be good to go.

neonglow

Shouldn't be a problem. Just some tweaks to this OP (tweaks that I said I would do months ago and didnt. Like a chump!) and updates for 2014 themes and it should be good to go.

Are we allowed to be in the regular offtopic forum initially for each new OT? Could get some more people visiting the thread.

ghostmind

Are we allowed to be in the regular offtopic forum initially for each new OT? Could get some more people visiting the thread.

Not that I know of, but let's keep making OT threads for new announcements - and I think we should create an OT sister thread for the LEGO Movie.

And if do another contest, that should also be in the OT.

neonglow

Not that I know of, but let's keep making OT threads for new announcements - and I think we should create an OT sister thread for the LEGO Movie.

And if do another contest, that should also be in the OT.

Has enough time passed to start another contest? I remember the Fierce Flyer being chosen as the next set.

I'm planning on selling it after I finish building it to make sure it's complete. Is there a classified section in this forum for selling Legos?

I don't know. I mainly follow this LEGO thread.
I would only be interested if it was somewhere close to MSRP. PM me your asking price.
You should be able to get over MSRP at the very least. Sealed sets are going for over $200.

Speaking of Black Pearl

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63336&st=0

Front_zpsacf20b97.jpg

Only criticism besides being utterly amazed is I think trans blue 1x1 plates would make the water pop more.

Has enough time passed to start another contest? I remember the Fierce Flyer being chosen as the next set.

I have toyed for months about doing a thematic contest instead of a set based one. MONTHS. I have just been too lazy to actually do it. Trying to refocus on my Halloween display. Of course, I still have tons of time for that. Perhaps a nice thematic contest will take my mind off all the other bullshit going on in my life lately.

Made a S@H purchase today to scoop up the the two exclusives for the month; Mini VW & Clone Trooper. I bought...

• Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter
  • Halloween Set (2012)
  • Minifigures Series 11 x2

Man, LEGO is charging a premium for Jek. Nearly $0.13 per element. Oh well, I can't resist Star Wars starfighters, even if they are EU stuff.

wetwired

Amazing! What is that "caution" sticker/brick from under the tree?

It's from the TMNT lair set

I really like the fire escape stairs. Looks very solid with connectors on both sides of bottom rails.

Lots of inspiration in these builds, and by inspiration I mean steal. :)

Steal away, I borrowed the design of the tree from the "realistic trees" on cuusoo, mainly how the branches were made.

bodine1231

Sorry to hear that. At least they have free shipping on $75 or more which coincides with their good giveaways.

It's not a big deal on the weekdays because I can just Amazon Prime a set and it's here the next day. But on the weekends when I want a set to build it kinda sucks relying on whats in the regular stores. I'm shocked Toys R Us stores don't carry the larger sets,seems like a missed opportunity with all the space they give Lego. Nothing in the stores interests me because I'm so behind on the larger sets and those take precedent over regular sized ones.

A reminder for all of us that don't have Mr. Gold.

Saw this on Brothers Brick blog. Nachapon Sintateeyakorn's flickr stream shows the power of LDD and rendering. If I had more time, I'd play with it. A great way to play for those that don't have the pieces or minifigs.

9372274987_b7ae90b89c_b.jpg

EDIT: Poor man's Mr. Gold alternative. Currently available at LEGO store and S@H. I will get one of these and remove the keychain.
And no, I hold no grudges. None at all. Really...

850807-1.jpg

Made a S@H purchase today to scoop up the the two exclusives for the month; Mini VW & Clone Trooper. I bought...

• Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter
  • Halloween Set (2012)
  • Minifigures Series 11 x2

Man, LEGO is charging a premium for Jek. Nearly $0.13 per element. Oh well, I can't resist Star Wars starfighters, even if they are EU stuff.

Nice pickup. I continue to become more disillusioned with the SW sets due to the markup, but the figs in Jek's fighter are all amazing. I really think TLG has stepped up their game this year with the quality and detailing.

Finally managed to find the CMF Welder today. His mask is probably the weirdest piece I've felt in the entire line. Very strange. Grabbed a few more elves as well...Christmas can't come soon enough.

Ponn

Banned
I know I said I wouldn't do this again but I lied. I looked and couldn't find any CMF 11 around my town. I see lego S@H has them. I wanted to get that Pumpkin and the Halloween accessory set i've been eyeing is now on sale. I hate to pay shipping and handling so i'd rather throw something on the order to avoid it.

My choices are

Batman Joker Funhouse and 7 CMF series 11, I know this is a widely loved set, and yes it has great figs but several things make me meh about it. They are different but I get 4 of the figs in the Arkham set which I plan on getting, the riddler will be in the flash set next year which i will absolutely be getting. And it's a playset, I don't display playsets.

Choice 2 is Daily Bugle and 4 CMF series 11. This would finish all the Marvel sets for me, great figs, people at work have been asking for me to put up a Spiderman display on my desk.

I'm leaning number 2.

Awesome MOC Wetwired, love your use of TMNT stuff, my entire christmas list is all the TMNT sets. Love the creepy tree in the yard, looks like the Ent from Tower of Orthance dead and decayed. Should add his eyeball pieces somewhere to it.

I know I said I wouldn't do this again but I lied. I looked and couldn't find any CMF 11 around my town. I see lego S@H has them. I wanted to get that Pumpkin and the Halloween accessory set i've been eyeing is now on sale. I hate to pay shipping and handling so i'd rather throw something on the order to avoid it.

My choices are

Batman Joker Funhouse and 7 CMF series 11, I know this is a widely loved set, and yes it has great figs but several things make me meh about it. They are different but I get 4 of the figs in the Arkham set which I plan on getting, the riddler will be in the flash set next year which i will absolutely be getting. And it's a playset, I don't display playsets.

Choice 2 is Daily Bugle and 4 CMF series 11. This would finish all the Marvel sets for me, great figs, people at work have been asking for me to put up a Spiderman display on my desk.

I'm leaning number 2.

Awesome MOC Wetwired, love your use of TMNT stuff, my entire christmas list is all the TMNT sets. Love the creepy tree in the yard, looks like the Ent from Tower of Orthance dead and decayed. Should add his eyeball pieces somewhere to it.
Only reasons to get Daily Bugle are for the figures and as a parts pack. I have not gotten the Joker's Funhouse, but it is tempting.

Any other sets around that range that are tempting you? I forget if you have dipped into the Galaxy Squad or Lone Ranger waters yet. If not, then allow me (and Ghostmind) to once again sing the praises of Hive Crawler and Silver Mine Shootout. Both hit that $70 price point which is great for orders online. And both are tip top sets for this year.

Ponn

Banned
Only reasons to get Daily Bugle are for the figures and as a parts pack. I have not gotten the Joker's Funhouse, but it is tempting.

Any other sets around that range that are tempting you? I forget if you have dipped into the Galaxy Squad or Lone Ranger waters yet. If not, then allow me (and Ghostmind) to once again sing the praises of Hive Crawler and Silver Mine Shootout. Both hit that $70 price point which is great for orders online. And both are tip top sets for this year.

I will not fall prey to anymore of your temptations! Lone Ranger does not tempt me at all, never was into cowboys at all. Space stuff yes, was big fan of buck rogers growing up but I have other sets unfinished, limited budget and two $100 christmas sets to budget for. Still haven't got one Black Gate and I intend to get two.

Funhouse I can pretty much only get from S@H, toysrus closed near me, and I can get daily bugle much cheaper elsewhere. And i'm afraid Funhouse will retire real soon.

I will not fall prey to anymore of your temptations! Lone Ranger does not tempt me at all, never was into cowboys at all. Space stuff yes, was big fan of buck rogers growing up but I have other sets unfinished, limited budget and two $100 christmas sets to budget for. Still haven't got one Black Gate and I intend to get two.

Funhouse I can pretty much only get from S@H, toysrus closed near me, and I can get daily bugle much cheaper elsewhere. And i'm afraid Funhouse will retire real soon.
In that case, go for Funhouse. Black Gate will be around for some time, and you at least have one. At least Funhouse has good mini figs.

But if you do give into temptation for Hive Crawler, you will not regret it.

ghostmind

As a set, its no contest - Funhouse all the way. It's also the only place you can get that black sloped track, other than the expensive Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and its the only set with a large purple barrel.

Minifigs are better in the Daily Bugle, mainly because you can now get the Funhouse figs in other sets, except for Harley.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks guys. I was iffy on the Batmobile/Two Face set and have ended up loving it so I will go ahead and see what the hoopla is about. I could use those tracks for my Ghost Train and Halloween scene too so thats a plus.

ghostmind

Looks like LEGO has pre-emptively stopped the Jurassic Park projects on CUUSOO:

Decision on Our Ability to Produce this Project

First and foremost, congratulations on the well over 5,000 supporters for this project on LEGO® CUUSOO! You've created a beautiful 3D rendering of a Jurassic Park scene that could make a great LEGO set and have really rallied a community of fans behind it.

The bad news is, we've looked into the possibility of producing a set based on Jurassic Park, and since another company has the construction toy license for this IP, we can’t pursue this further as a potential LEGO set. We're sorry to be the bearers of this disappointing news.

With any IP on LEGO CUUSOO is that there is the potential of a license conflict, either with an existing license or with a competitive licensor. Still, we think it’s better to be open and allow for possibilities, knowing there will be "no" answers along the way, than shut out the potential of IP-based products altogether. After all, just because this project isn’t a possibility doesn’t mean all IP projects wouldn’t be.

We've archived this project now since we know it isn't feasible, and we'll also archive Jurassic Park-based projects as they achieve 1,000 supporters. Your project will remain visible on LEGO CUUSOO, but in a status where it can no longer be supported or commented on. This way fans can still admire your creation.

Opening ourselves to new product suggestions invites popular ideas that don't always work. We are grateful for the spirit behind projects like this Jurassic Park project and for the opportunity to be challenged. It keeps us sharp and looking toward the future of the LEGO brick. We hope to see more projects from you soon.

The LEGO CUUSOO Team

What are people's thoughts on the old 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter set?

I've been looking at the older sets recently, and this one really sticks out as being one I feel I've "missed out on" with my recent SW collection.

Worthy addition? Good build?

Obviously a bit of a premium these days, but it's a set that I've got a bit of interest in so I wondered if any of you have it/what it's like as a display piece etc.

ghostmind

What are people's thoughts on the old 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter set?

I've been looking at the older sets recently, and this one really sticks out as being one I feel I've "missed out on" with my recent SW collection.

Worthy addition? Good build?

Obviously a bit of a premium these days, but it's a set that I've got a bit of interest in so I wondered if any of you have it/what it's like as a display piece etc.

Great-looking ship, a fun build, and its an Episode 3 set, though it often gets mislabelled as a Clone Wars set.

Nice pickup. I continue to become more disillusioned with the SW sets due to the markup, but the figs in Jek's fighter are all amazing. I really think TLG has stepped up their game this year with the quality and detailing.

Finally managed to find the CMF Welder today. His mask is probably the weirdest piece I've felt in the entire line. Very strange. Grabbed a few more elves as well...Christmas can't come soon enough.

You're absolutely right. LEGO has hit ther stride with minifigures lately. So much insane detail, I love it.

Top Bottom