• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Fowler

Couldn't resist. Arkham Asylum's box is FREAKING ENORMOUS.

A_1N_RXCYAAroG6.jpg

Think I might pick up a cheap Chima set this weekend. Probably Crawley's Claw Ripper.

70001-1.jpg

I find the "good" tribes quite silly-looking, while the "bad" tribes look predictably awesome.

Meh just got back from a Toy store, they had a bunch of Atlantis sets for sale there, never saw these in stores before, those are an old theme though right?

Nothing else really caught my eye except for the Wampa Cave set which i would have gotten purely for the snowspeeder BUT at 70 something bucks i was like nahhhhhh.

that large lego looks awesome!

anyway back on track...
frack frack frack, why couldnt I listen to phoncible, I knew I was tempting fate when I went into town...

50% off
and just to put it into perspective in the background you can see my current/former flat...
the worst part is I probably wont even unpack and build it now..

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Brickset lists $236 but the US Educational LEGO site doesn't currently list a price. Soo..

And yeah, it's really meant for schools/day cares/hospitals etc. instead of individual consumers.

me Jojo

I should probably post my glow in the dark SSD here :O

1CJZ8.jpg

With lights off it looks just like a regular in broad daylight.

Currently standing in my bedroom, it's going to get a nice stand whenever I move into my own place, though. Should probably do something about the overwhelming red light before then.

Is there a simple, small scale Lego solution to put some lights into my Bag End? I'm guessing I would need two or three yellow lights in there to make some good ambience, and it would be nice if I didn't have to solder up some custom wiring.

Just got a couple miniseries 8 figs today, and i was pretty lukewarm on this one, so i was even more surprised to find the... Conquistador in one of the bags and LOVING the guy!! So wonderfully detailed and noble looking! Can't wait to use him in an MOC...

rataven

This seemed like a fun way to spend a cold Saturday evening indoors:

PfH0Wl.jpg

Also picked up some of the new Friends sets.

Rslxll.jpg

Emma's Karate Class is AMAZING. It comes with a katana and kendo helmet. Badass.

Got married a couple months ago and at our head table we had the bride and groom from Town Hall:

Only problem was we lost the groom :( Is there anyway I can replace him? I'm sure I could find the top hat from another set but is that torso hard to get without buying another Town Hall?

ghostmind

This seemed like a fun way to spend a cold Saturday evening indoors:

PfH0Wl.jpg

Also picked up some of the new Friends sets.

Rslxll.jpg

Emma's Katate Class is AMAZING. It comes with a katana and kendo helmet. Badass.

That Mia's Magic Tricks set has a cool "hand of cards" printed piece that I would love to have a few of.

I've been thinking of picking up "Stephanie's Soccer Practice" for my son for the soccer ball. For $10, it's going to be cheaper than Bricklink'ing a soccer ball from an older set, and he would get 75+ more useful elements (though he's not impressed by the Friends minifigs)

Wow, thanks for the link. I'm definitely getting some lights, just gonna figure out how many I need. But a brick for each of the display sets I have planned shouldn't be too much.

ghostmind

You serious? I ordered the regular current X-Wing like 3 days ago ugh, had i known this i would have held off :((

I wouldn't worry about it... the X-wing you ordered is the best one yet IMO, and who knows what this new one is - it probably won't be released until summer anyway.

History of LEGO X-wing
1999 set 7140
2000 set 7191 (UCS)
2002 set 7142 (re-release of 7140)
2004 set 4502
2006 set 6212
2012 set 9493

I wouldn't worry about it... the X-wing you ordered is the best one yet IMO, and who knows what this new one is - it probably won't be released until summer anyway.

History of LEGO X-wing
1999 set 7140
2000 set 7191 (UCS)
2002 set 7142 (re-release of 7140)
2004 set 4502
2006 set 6212
2012 set 9493

Hmmm, alright then, i would probably get it regardless but i am trying to fill out my collection of different ships first before i start on doubles ;)

Also: Does anyone have some tips on what sets to get if i want to get into foliage and trees etc? Are there no complete sets for this kind of stuff kind of like there are for windows/doors and red roofpieces?

R-User!

Oh, and 10237 The Tower of Orthanc is the real deal. Details TBA.

*Holds up hands high and far apart in front himself*

Saruman:  Cuiva nwalca Carnirassë! Nai yarvaxëa rasselya taltuva ñotto-carinnar!

Saruman: 'Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your blood-stained horn shall fall upon the enemy-heads' [no subtitles given]

Top Bottom