• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

probably could with amazon hmm but then again maybe i can keep it for parts ;) i got it for a pretty decent price too...

What did you pay? I payed 38 plus tax at target, but im debating returning it if I hear solid details before the end of January and I like the price per piece/piece count.

What did you pay? I payed 38 plus tax at target, but im debating returning it if I hear solid details before the end of January and I like the price per piece/piece count.

Damn you guys are lucky over there :(

In the EU, the X-wing MSRP is around 90 dollars, and i got mine for roughly 58 or so...

I will await details on the new one before i decide, there's also the option of keeping it for now and reselling it down the line a few years later, i'm sure it won't really decrease in value.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
$130 sounds low for UCS, but I'd be very curious about a new x-wing. Would it suggest more OT UCS 'reimaginings' to come? With all the new pieces since release they wouldn't silly be a reissue so I think collectors would be ok. I'd almost certainly buy any new UCS OT ships but particularly an x-wing, star destroyer or falcon. For some reason the SSD and B-Wing don't appeal as much though.

I have nowhere to display them though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
spongebobmoney3.jpg

Huh, I was wondering if SP got a lego set

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So... 10240 X-Wing Red Leader may be a thing... $130 UCS set? Or maybe a non-UCS set for $100?

If they do another UCS XWing, I'm probably going to sell my UCS Falcon while prices are still high.

Be strange of them to do a UCS so soon after doing a regular model. I was hoping for a UCS A-Wing until the recent set was released. Can't see it happening soon now.

Ponn

Banned
is there a mirror for the pic? I know it was taken down, but I'd like to see it.

i didnt see the one that was taken down but saw the one mr. potter posted above. keep in mind that pic above is extremely zoomed in. The measurements leaked are amazing. now i have to get orc forge.

For reference in that pic thats battle of helms deep next to the top of it.

i didnt see the one that was taken down but saw the one mr. potter posted above. keep in mind that pic above is extremely zoomed in. The measurements leaked are amazing. now i have to get orc forge.

For reference in that pic thats battle of helms deep next to the top of it.

that pic has been around for over a year so I'm guessing it's accuracy is questionable

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does anyone store dismantled sets in their boxes? I dont currently, as having all the pieces in one collection means more pieces available for building other things. But I'm considering it for special sets - eg Emerald night. I'm just worried that 'one or two' sets kept separately could end up being much more than that.

I already keep the boxes stored in the loft (not flattened - yet)

This was triggered by packing away the winter village set today after Christmas - we're going to store that in its box along with the Christmas decorations, so it doesn't get integrated with the main collection

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Does anyone store dismantled sets in their boxes? I dont currently, as having all the pieces in one collection means more pieces available for building other things. But I'm considering it for special sets - eg Emerald night. I'm just worried that 'one or two' sets kept separately could end up being much more than that.

I already keep the boxes stored in the loft (not flattened - yet)

This was triggered by packing away the winter village set today after Christmas - we're going to store that in its box along with the Christmas decorations, so it doesn't get integrated with the main collection

I store my modular, and UCS sets, and the Winter Cottage of course, for the same reasons you are (though I did toss Santa minifig from series 8 in the box as well).

I moved my modulars to a new location for display. Only half the area is used with all the current sets. My wife takes a look and says "You should go get another 3 or 4 of those to fill the space".

I love my wife.

R-User!

Looks tiny. guessing roof is only 6 studs wide max.

If the roof cannot allow me to recreate Gandalf sitting against the spire and then jumping off, I do not know if I will purchase this...

Edit: Dammit, now I HAVE to get that eagle creator set if for nothing else than to take Gandalf and/or Frodo on their famous film flights... !

If the roof cannot allow me to recreate Gandalf sitting against the spire and then jumping off, I do not know if I will purchase this...

Edit: Dammit, now I HAVE to get that eagle creator set if for nothing else than to take Gandalf and/or Frodo on their famous film flights... !
Oooooh. Didn't think about using the eagle set for that. Too perfect.

ghostmind

Watching the designer videos on the Chima mini-site, and discovered that a favorite designer of mine (Mark Stafford) designed both Eris's Eagle Interceptor and Cragger's Command Ship (which does float on water and uses waterproof stickers). These are two of my favorite designs from the series, and now I know why.

Stafford trivia tidbit:

70504 Garmatron (from the latest Ninjago wave) was named by Mark as an homage to Blacktron, as a tip of the hat to its fans.

Ponn

Banned

Oh shit! My man, that is awesome. Werent there rumors of a hobbit eagles set?

I was trying to think of how to make a mass Ent army to go with it.

ghostmind

Though we probably won't see more Hobbit sets until November, there was a rumor about an Eagles set. Set 79007, Battle at the Black Gate, may also contain an Eagle.

Stafford trivia tidbit:

70504 Garmatron (from the latest Ninjago wave) was named by Mark as an homage to Blacktron, as a tip of the hat to its fans.

Too bad I don't like the design of the set. But love that it is a Blacktron shout out.

And as for the news of a new UCS X-Wing, could it be Wedge's ship from Return of the Jedi? It makes sense we are getting a deluge of ROTJ stuff this year because it is the 30th anniversary.
Now how could they possibly top off a ROTJ celebration? UCS Home One. Please. Who do I have to kill to get it?

Also, Ghostmind, since you have so many great sources, do you know how to possibly get this community recognized by LEGO and possibly get early sets for review?

ghostmind

Too bad I don't like the design of the set. But love that it is a Blacktron shout out.

And as for the news of a new UCS X-Wing, could it be Wedge's ship from Return of the Jedi? It makes sense we are getting a deluge of ROTJ stuff this year because it is the 30th anniversary.
Now how could they possibly top off a ROTJ celebration? UCS Home One. Please. Who do I have to kill to get it?

Also, Ghostmind, since you have so many great sources, do you know how to possibly get this community recognized by LEGO and possibly get early sets for review?

Actually there is speculation that Red Leader is Wedge from ROTJ, and not Garven Dreis from ANH.

LEGO is not much into providing sets for review, and even people with wayyyy more connections that I have, such as Jason & Steven from the Brickshow, aren't able to get LEGO to send them sets for review.

I no longer feel the compulsion to get the A-Wing. I went through my parts inventory and built it using just what I had. (Thank you Brickset.com for the instructions). I had to make some slight modifications in pieces, and especially color, but I got it built. Will post pics tomorrow or so, but let's say I now have an Alien Conquest color schemed A-Wing fighter...

Vyer

Got married a couple months ago and at our head table we had the bride and groom from Town Hall:

Only problem was we lost the groom :( Is there anyway I can replace him? I'm sure I could find the top hat from another set but is that torso hard to get without buying another Town Hall?

There is actually a small bride and groom wedding set I've seen by the registers at lego stores. Might want to look there.

Torhthelm Tídwald;46103353 said:
clSPU.jpg

Ride out with me. Ride out and buy them.

Fingernails shall be splintered, teeth shall be broken!

There is actually a small bride and groom wedding set I've seen by the registers at lego stores. Might want to look there.

I'll try this first, going there tomorrow to pick up an Orc Forge. Good tip, thanks.

Theoden_Gif.gif

Yeah, I am a little excited about a massive UCS LOTR set. Whether it lives up to expectations or not, I need to support it. Because if the first attempt does well, we might get more later.

Man, now I want to rewatch the LOTR trilogy again. Or at least Return of the King to see Theoden busting heads during the charge of the Rohirrim.
tumblr_mdigma3NUd1rqolu9o1_1280.jpg

Yeah, best scene of the entire trilogy.

Lego at Amazon are always over price, and I am talking about stuffs that are sold by Amazon and not 3rd party.

I love Amazon but I going to have to find new place to shop that can feed my addiction without destroying my wallet. I found that my local Fred Myers (Grocer store) have nice selections and often put stuff on sale but their stock are not as extensive. They currently have Sith Fury for $65.00 and clearing out some old 2011 stuff.

Ponn

Banned
Lego at Amazon are always over price, and I am talking about stuffs that are sold by Amazon and not 3rd party.

I love Amazon but I going to have to find new place to shop that can feed my addiction without destroying my wallet. I found that my local Fred Myers (Grocer store) have nice selections and often put stuff on sale but their stock are not as extensive. They currently have Sith Fury for $65.00 and clearing out some old 2011 stuff.

Thats odd, maybe its just the star wars stuff. They are generally MSRP or below for the stuff I look at. For the longest time they had Ghost Train hovering between $65 - 70 and I bought Battle of Helms Deep like new from warehouse deals for $89. Came box was sealed with nothing wrong with it. Have had lots of good deals with them.

When sold by amazon themselves it is almost always MSRP or less. Got R2 for $50 off and $90 off the SSD. Which sets in particular have you noticed?

Thats odd, maybe its just the star wars stuff. They are generally MSRP or below for the stuff I look at. For the longest time they had Ghost Train hovering between $65 - 70 and I bought Battle of Helms Deep like new from warehouse deals for $89. Came box was sealed with nothing wrong with it. Have had lots of good deals with them.

All the accessories like case, plate and bins are twice the price at local store and they are all sold by Amazon. The Lego themselves are at MSRP and no discount .. may be I just have not seen them. The Fury I saw on sale by Amazon was $69.99 and my local store have it for $65.00 and Fred tends to price higher than Walmart or Target. May be I am just used to all the low price on Amazon on other items. : /

ghostmind

All the accessories like case, plate and bins are twice the price at local store and they are all sold by Amazon. The Lego themselves are at MSRP and no discount .. may be I just have not seen them. The Fury I saw on sale by Amazon was $69.99 and my local store have it for $65.00 and Fred tends to price higher than Walmart or Target. May be I am just used to all the low price on Amazon on other items. : /

The MSRP of the Sith Fury is $89.99.

If you are specifically interested in Star Wars sets, you should check FBTB.net on a regular basis, as they post online deals often.

The lowest prices will be found via Walmart clearance sales, but you need to find a good Walmart for that and check it often. After a while you'll get used to their clearance patterns.

Top Bottom