• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
It's not a matter of building everything I have, as that would be impossible without a large room dedicated only to LEGO, and even that could be pushing it. I have to cycle sets in and out on a regular basis while keeping a small percentage as "evergreens".

According to Brickset, as of this morning I have 212 sets. Of those I would say I have 15 currently constructed and probably a hundred that have yet to be opened.

Good GOD MAN!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I like to keep the boxes. I had been flattening them and storing the sets in bags (since I'm not much into MOC'ing currently), but now that I'm adding some storage to my basement, I think I'm going to go back to storing sets currently not on display back in their respective boxes.

Ooh, not breaking them down and piling them into your main collection of pieces?

I'm toying with doing the same for a few sets, mainly because otherwise I'd need to expand my storage again, but then I'd always be wondering if I had some pieces in storage that I could use.

Frostburn

3 of the 4 Holiday Theme Sets I built with my girlfriend - Cost of the Toy Shop is too high :(

NEsse.jpg

v5OLw.jpg

qEFz7.jpg

DHOsB.jpg

MpjQj.jpg

FFv1A.jpg

bodine1231

Dude I almost impulsed bought the SSD from those pics, it really is impressive. However I am hoping that Amazon drops the price on the Death Star like they seem to be doing with all the sets.

BTW Amazon has dropped the Tower Bridge to 199! Is it in danger of going oop?

ghostmind

Ooh, not breaking them down and piling them into your main collection of pieces?

I'm toying with doing the same for a few sets, mainly because otherwise I'd need to expand my storage again, but then I'd always be wondering if I had some pieces in storage that I could use.

I've never broken them down, save for the "extra" pieces that come in all the sets (which actually fills a couple Sortmasters), as I would like to be able to rebuild them with as little hassle as possible. I do sort the minifigs and keep them seperate from the sets, but the task of breaking down all my sets is mindboggling.

ghostmind

3 of the 4 Holiday Theme Sets I built with my girlfriend - Cost of the Toy Shop is too high :(

Great pics - I love how they all integrate together so well. Hopefull this theme will keep going for years to come. I wish I had a white sideboard to put them all on - your location/backdrop is perfect for the theme. Going to start my WV building this week!

rataven

Neat pics. These sets look fantastic against the real fall/wintery backdrop of your windows.

And one small thing I really love about the winter village is how every set has a unique street lamp.

For those who need it, Super Star Destroyer is 319.00 (20% off) @ Amazon right now!
Thanks for posting this. Bought it! As a nice bonus, when I bought my Imperial Shuttle, Amazon.com wouldn't ship it to Canada so I had to get it sent to a US Address the reshipped afterwards. Appears that's changed now.

Wound up still setting my back over $400 just due to the $50+ in shipping. The joys of living in Canada!

R-User!

Thanks for posting this. Bought it! As a nice bonus, when I bought my Imperial Shuttle, Amazon.com wouldn't ship it to Canada so I had to get it sent to a US Address the reshipped afterwards. Appears that's changed now.

Wound up still setting my back over $400 just due to the $50+ in shipping. The joys of living in Canada!

But you now own the superstar destroyer! Thanks Siri for not capitalizing superstar destroyer

chimster

Woah, they ship to Canada now?

ghostmind

Binging it back for a new thread:

XdUH8.jpg

More CMF information. Not sure if posted yet.

Series 10:

• Sea Captain
  • Sad Clown
  • Librarian
  • Grandpa
  • Bumblebee Girl
  • Roman Commander
  • Warrior Woman
  • Decorator
  • Tomahawk Warrior
  • Trendsetter
  • Baseball Fielder
  • Revolution Soldier
  • Motorcycle Mechanic
  • Medusa
  • Skydiver
  • Paintball Player

Source

Series 11:

• Yeti
  • Evil Mech
  • Welder
  • Lady Robot
  • Jazz Musician
  • Constable
  • Holiday Elf
  • Bavarian Lady
  • Scarecrow
  • Mountain Climber
  • Grandma
  • Tiki Warrior
  • Gingerbread Man
  • Barbarian
  • Dinner Waitress
  • Scientist

Source

bodine1231

Jesus, im actually considering not getting the Imperial Shuttle and going for the SSD. I dont think ill find either at these prices for a while, what to do....

Jesus, im actually considering not getting the Imperial Shuttle and going for the SSD. I dont think ill find either at these prices for a while, what to do....
Shuttle. Shuttle. Shuttle. Ssd will be that cheap again. It has been many times before. And you have at least another year on it.

Shuttle. Shuttle. Shuttle. Ssd will be that cheap again. It has been many times before. And you have at least another year on it.

Ok then, Imperial Shuttle purchased, should be here tomorrow. I swear if the Death Star goes on sale im gonna be PISSED!

Yup Shuttle. Going Bye Bye soon.

Indeed, LEGO store in Stratford, London had no Shuttles on the shelf and none out back. I was told that online would be my best bet. A few months ago the manager said he thought the shuttle would get a good discount come Christmas but that looks unlikely now.

Showing as sold out online too. Glad I got mine from Amazon.it for a huge discount at £165.

Good haul today, got the last 2 planets I needed (X-wing and AT-ST) and the Jedi Starfighter to neatly bring me to £50 so I got the free set and PABox. Then they used my £5 off £50 voucher from the catalog.

VIP points now at £90 discount; store clerk said it was "the biggest VIP balance I've ever seen". She asked me what I was going to do with them "maybe a 2nd B-wing"........ She looked taken aback.

Question for obsessive gaf:

Most minifigures series come with a handful of new prints & pieces. (often between 10-13 in later sets I think)

A thing I've been really curious about, how many "unique" parts from each Minifig set have been featured in regular sets so far? And how many haven't?

I feel like a lot of stuff like new weapons/swords, hair molds and other things are often introduced into the MF line simply to become fairly mainstream in regular sets not too
soon after.

Anyone have any stats on this? If not I'll look into it myself.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Watch the shuttle be replaced with a new Tantive IV with a similar (2000+) piece count.

Nah, didn't we just have two - a big one and a (nicer IMO) smaller one?

Bring on redesigns of the big boys - Falcon, Star destroyer (replace SSD), X-Wing. I'll buy all three in a heartbeat and then go back and buy the SSD to complete the set

Are there any ships they've never UCSed? TIE Fighter/advanced, A-wing?

Dineren

Banned
How long do sets usually last before going OOP? Is it something they decide when they release it or is it based on popularity? Looking around and seeing how much stuff is out of stock makes me want to start buying everything up.

R-User!

Nah, didn't we just have two - a big one and a (nicer IMO) smaller one?

Bring on redesigns of the big boys - Falcon, Star destroyer (replace SSD), X-Wing. I'll buy all three in a heartbeat and then go back and buy the SSD to complete the set

Are there any ships they've never UCSed? TIE Fighter/advanced, A-wing?

Invisible Hand!

It splits into two!

It comes with two flanking water ships to put out the fires of the invisible hand!

And a control tower on the verge of being demolished as the invisible hand slides across the runway!

And the roof of the command deck where Gen. grievous and the magna guards and Obi-Wan and Anakin fight is removable so you can play with your mini figures in there!!

And the glass breaks away so Grievous can escape into space to get to his escape pod! Psshoooo!

Mini figures: and
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Gen. Grievous
2 magna guards
2 droid pilots
3 droid assistants
R2-D2
Chancellor Palpatine
Count Dooku
2 Super Battle Droids

With a working elevator!!

R-User!

That roof element... it's the same as the ones in the Train Crossing.

In an alternate universe where LEGO has sold its soul to investor pressures and the quality is being skimped on little by little:

LEGO Design Executive:
"Ehh, slap a train track on that set! It'll make a perfect roof!"

Grr. Store that was supposed to be holding Queen Anne for me sold it to someone else over the weekend. They are trying to figure out who sold it so they can yell at them. Thankfully, they were cool and found another store in another state that had one and are having it shipped in and will still honor the coupon that expired yesterday that I was going to use on it. So, Queen Anne is delayed, but it will be mine.

ghostmind

The LEGO site had it looking like it would work, but when I get to the Shopping Bag it gives me an error message.

yes

Top Bottom