• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

rallaren

That Turtle Big Rig looks like something I'd die for as a kid... It even has a cool vehicle along with it. I also like the van though I still prefer the old cartoon style of the series even if it's dated. Edit: Or actually, a modified VW camper van would still kind of hold up today and be pretty cool right?

Just in case anyone else was wanting to buy the Chinese knockoff Ninja Turtle deal, it's listed on Amazon as:

Epaytopus 6 People,with Young Children Assembled Toys Skateboard Fingertips Dance Building Blocks Assembled Phantom Ninja Turtles Small Dolls Aberdeen

Ha!

Zerojul

Just in case anyone else was wanting to buy the Chinese knockoff Ninja Turtle deal, it's listed on Amazon as:

Epaytopus 6 People,with Young Children Assembled Toys Skateboard Fingertips Dance Building Blocks Assembled Phantom Ninja Turtles Small Dolls Aberdeen

Ha!
Yeah, let's keep it simple :)

Just caught the end of a TV show called 'Collectaholics'. Guy had a huge Star Wars collection, one thing he had was a big clone trooper minifig made out of normal size Lego bricks. Apparently only 5 were made and it's worth £1000 :O

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
^ I just watched that as well- half of his collection seemed to be Lego stuff.

I didn't see the hands, but surely it would've been pretty easy to build yourself. Unless it's signed or stamped or whatever?

Hi all. I just started amassing a collection this week. I read about the simpsons house and ordered that. Then I started on Craigslist and eBay. $1000 later and I have about 70 sets.

I have a 2 year old and I can't wait until he's a bit older and we can start building.

^ I just watched that as well- half of his collection seemed to be Lego stuff.

I didn't see the hands, but surely it would've been pretty easy to build yourself. Unless it's signed or stamped or whatever?

Just caught the end of a TV show called 'Collectaholics'. Guy had a huge Star Wars collection, one thing he had was a big clone trooper minifig made out of normal size Lego bricks. Apparently only 5 were made and it's worth £1000 :O

Is that a UK show? I started taping something a couple of weeks ago about collectors but haven't been fussed to watch them.

I haven't commented on them before now, but your work is tremendous. I love seeing the status updates.

Cheers for the feedback.

Also well done Wetwired, those are some nice curves...

Got a little more done tonight, completed the GFXG cabinet so I know have complete DMGFGX cabs. Here's the Konami version;
FsWeolk.jpg

And here's mine;

Hi all. I just started amassing a collection this week. I read about the simpsons house and ordered that. Then I started on Craigslist and eBay. $1000 later and I have about 70 sets.

I have a 2 year old and I can't wait until he's a bit older and we can start building.

Seems like a pent up demand. Last few new posters here don't mess around catching up on LEGO. Welcome to the plastic black hole that sucks your money from your wallet.

ruxtpin

Banned

haha - This is awesome. One of us!

ghostmind

Welcome!

My son was the reason I emerged from my "dark ages".

Being an AFOL can be a slippery slope, but at least it is a fun ride!

mojiimbo

Mind boggling that they couldn't wait a few months and represent all 3 movies or release this incomplete version last year when it was relevant.

Bought Big Ben for my desk at work though I haven't put it together yet. Was debating between that and the Eiffel Tower but my store was sold out of it completely.

Also LEGO hedgehog keychain arrives via Amazon tomorrow. He'll find a new home on my backpack soon enough.

I think that might be it for the SSD.

There are still lots at other retailers, so it will be around for a while - but if you were planning on getting it someday, you will want to make that day sooner than later.
Shall inform my coworker is is going to the grand opening with me. He was planning on Arkham and or Haunted House. But SSD going away might sway him.

frogg609

Do Lego sets ever drop in MSRP? Thinking about getting the Simpsons house but $200 seems pretty steep.

The only time something like this would drop is due to it not selling (they did that with the UCS B-Wing, dropped it to $100.00 for a few days, and it sold like crazy).

I'd be surprised if you saw this drop, unless it's really just not moving from the shelves at all.

ghostmind

SSD is now "Out of stock" with a ship date of April 10th, so it isn't dead yet. I am expecting them to sell through remaining stock for "May the 4th" though.

I finally did it. We're out of Grand Emporium right now so my haul was:

Haunted House
Batman VS Bane Starring Gary Oldman Minifig
Lex Luthor Armor
Iron Man & War Machine VS Dude In A Boat (for my cousin, I just want the Iron Man fig)
A-Wing
Creator Motorcycle (for my cousin)
Ninjago Fire Mech
Chima Legends Eagle
2 of the Baby Creator Trains

I want the Ninja Turtle movie sets @__@ but the figures look UGLY. I wish I hadn't missed out on the first run of Turtles sets with all the regular turtles, now they're all battle damaged or wearing clothes/diving masks. :\

neonglow

Haunted House
Lex Luthor Armor
Iron Man & War Machine VS Dude In A Boat (for my cousin, I just want the Iron Man fig)
A-Wing
Ninjago Fire Mech
Chima Legends Eagle

I want the Ninja Turtle movie sets @__@ but the figures look UGLY. I wish I hadn't missed out on the first run of Turtles sets with all the regular turtles, now they're all battle damaged or wearing clothes/diving masks. :\

Did you spend your entire first paycheck?

Zerojul

SSD is now "Out of stock" with a ship date of April 10th, so it isn't dead yet. I am expecting them to sell through remaining stock for "May the 4th" though.
Well I guess that settles it for my big purchase for May the 4th. I thought R2 was going OOP first but I guess I was wrong. Hope there's a decent discount on SSD in Europe (20% off would be neat).

Haunted House
Lex Luthor Armor
A-Wing
Ninjago Fire Mech
Chima Legends Eagle
Congrats on getting Haunted House ! We're taking our time building it with my gf and it's every bit as awesome as many here said it was. The Power Armor is great too !

Did you spend your entire first paycheck?

Employee discount is 50% off, the total was less than $200 :D

But yes ;__; I'd saved up about $110 doing a couple side tech repair jobs over the last week or so, and my first paycheck from Lego will be for like two days of training so I'd be surprised if it's anything close to $100. I'll find out this Friday! But yeah hahaha my entire first paycheck totally went entirely back to Lego, I knew this would happen!

Congrats on getting Haunted House ! We're taking our time building it with my gf and it's every bit as awesome as many here said it was. The Power Armor is great too !
Awesome, I'm gonna build it with my girlfriend too! But I'm SO swamped with work (I have like 5 jobs going at the same time right now) that it'll be a while before I get to open it, I think. I just really wanted to get it because who knows when it'll finally be gone? I never thought I'd be one of those dudes with a stash of unbuilt Lego but here I am, accept me into your tribe.

Seems like a pent up demand. Last few new posters here don't mess around catching up on LEGO. Welcome to the plastic black hole that sucks your money from your wallet.
While I haven't blow crazy money yet, I've gotten my son (3 years old) at least a one to two sets a week for the last several weeks heh.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still easy to find those at retail... maybe not at a LEGO store though, I don't know :) The set turnover is so high there, they don't seem to keep older sets for some themes in stock for space reasons

leng jai

Man the Lego Movie line of sets are really annoying. The Sea Cow is ridiculously overpriced and the only way to get mini Metalbeard and the double decker couch. Rescue Reinforcement is terrible besides the flying barn which is amazing. To top it off the best set isn't out until August.

Zerojul

Man the Lego Movie line of sets is really annoying. The Sea Cow is ridiculously overpriced and the only way to get mini Metalbeard and the double decker couch. Rescue Reinforcement is terrible besides the flying barn which is amazing. To top it off the best set isn't out until August.

I for one kind of like the Fire mech in the 70813 set.... But it's REALLY overpriced (75€ here) and a Lego exclusive so I don't know if I'll end up getting it or not. On the other hand, I think the next wave of movie sets will be amazing (especially the Spaceship !!!!).

I thought that Melting Room, Cloud CooCoo Land, Bad Cop Chase, Super Cycle, and Metal Beard's Duel are all awesome sets. The ship is expensive as hell but I saw a review of it and it looks absolutely amazing and it's HUGE too. I even kinda like the little western escape glider set. But I'll agree that the other sets, that are just 'normal' sets that can be built in a wacky way, are kinda lame.

The police dropship from wave 2 looks sick as fuck though.

The Ice Cream truck was a fun set. I loved the design and the colors.

Rescue Reinforcements has me conflicted...I don't really like it but the minifigures are awesome...

Ryuuroden

Guess I gotta hope that the next few weeks of work are busy as sin so I get lots of overtime. The SSD is one of those holes in my collection that is kind off crazy I haven't filled yet. I think though that the first few years it was out I did not consider it due to me not liking to mix scales but I am now rather interested in building my own microscale space ships so SSD would be a great way to introduce myself to techniques.

So i FINALLY finished building this set! Took me a littler over 2 months what with my son being born in between and all and me having little to NO time at all for Lego building!

Anyways, really liking it, i was always a fan of classic space exploration themes and this hit just the sweet spot for me!

It really turned out to be bigger than i thought and BARELY fit in my shelf space there! Looks great in person though.

Look at the cute little crewmembers getting ready to tak... WAIT A SECOND! What's that green face doing there??

Damn right bitches! It's ME AGAIN, ready for takeoff to Planet Hulk!!!!

rallaren

I just watched a review of a Power Miners set and learned that the stickers have glow-in-the-dark features. So I checked my two sets and yep there it is. Neat "added" value. I am still disappointed they pulled that off Monster Fighters.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Does anyone know when we may get more info on the LEGO Movie Blu-ray?
I am eagerly awaiting news on Special Features and of course the release date.

So i FINALLY finished building this set! Took me a littler over 2 months what with my son being born in between and all and me having little to NO time at all for Lego building!

Anyways, really liking it, i was always a fan of classic space exploration themes and this hit just the sweet spot for me!

It really turned out to be bigger than i thought and BARELY fit in my shelf space there! Looks great in person though.

Look at the cute little crewmembers getting ready to tak... WAIT A SECOND! What's that green face doing there??

Damn right bitches! It's ME AGAIN, ready for takeoff to Planet Hulk!!!!

I was on the fence about that set, and the moment I decided to bite, it went away. I almost have all the parts to build it anyways (with some color subs). Such a nice looking set.

And Hulk is still the best mini figure of the last few years. He goes with everything. I wish they would reissue him.

I was on the fence about that set, and the moment I decided to bite, it went away. I almost have all the parts to build it anyways (with some color subs). Such a nice looking set.

And Hulk is still the best mini figure of the last few years. He goes with everything. I wish they would reissue him.

yeah but that's what makes him so special ;) people can always do the keychain trick to get one though... I decided to sneak him into most sets i build and takes pictures of since he makes literally EVERY set even better ;)

frogg609

yeah but that's what makes him so special ;) people can always do the keychain trick to get one though... I decided to sneak him into most sets i build and takes pictures of since he makes literally EVERY set even better ;)

I'm bummed I missed out on him. He's about 25 on bricklink, and eBay looks to be mostly the knockoff version.

I was so close to getting that set when I came out of the dark ages. The problem was LEGO was coming out with too much stuff I had to push it down my list until It fell off eventually. That is a great looking display set.

Hulk says, "Hulk go get some space tail. Hulk make baby."

Hulk minifig is awesome. I like the big fig version too, but the minifig Hulk is so much fun to play with.

I highly recommend the keychain if you want a minifig Hulk but don't want to pay $20+ for the exclusive giveaway version. You could always go knockoff too, but I'm mostly against those on principle (not enough though to stop me from buying a few in the past).
Make sure you check the back of the head to see if you can get a double-sided head version.

Top Bottom