• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

I'm not sure about the faces on these Turtles...

iWP0vLn.jpg

kapowza

that Sentinel in the X-men set is weaksauce

Set out for a modular this afternoon, ended up getting Orthanc and the VW Camper instead. Weird.

Rootbeer

Banned
Agents is so good... why are you doing this to us, LEGO?

iWP0vLn.jpg

I'm glad they used all-new heads for them at least. Not that it makes the designs anymore tolerable...

My real problem is with the Shells though... they extend way up... past their neck... it looks really weird. But again that's from the movie designs... LEGO is just trying to be accurate :(

The guardians of the galaxy sets look like flawless victories in my eyes, and to my surprise I think I actually like the xmen set as well.

Urg I still haven't bought the recent batman sets I want.

Maybe I should give this hobby up, it'd be easier.

I need all of the Lego Movie summer wave sets!! Yes, I said "need"!

I'm not familiar with GotG, but that Drax figure is badass! Kinda reminds me of Kratos.

I am really disappointed with the Blackbird. So much potential in that ship. I know they won't do it, but if they made a UCS version of it with over 2000 pieces, I would be all over it!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Sweet. Almost no interest in any of these. Thank goodness.

iWP0vLn.jpg

Hideous.

Just like in the movie!

I hope this movie doesn't damage the amazing work Nick is doing with their take on the TMNT. :/

I also hope the movie doesn't do so well that it replaces Nick's TMNT. Ha ha ha...

Only thing I'm getting is the Spaceship. Luckily.

And lol at Michelangelo. Seriously, it looks like the horrible early 00's Harry Potter constipated faces.

I'm don't know why there are two Han's and two Luke's in the Mos Eisley photo. There are just one of each in the set.

Showing off the double faces probably.

That turtle is disgusting. Really bad. (But that's not entirely Lego's fault. The movie designs are bad already.)

Marcos Bessa shows off his latest creation, the GotG Milano Spaceship at the new LEGO store in Disneyland Paris.

http://youtu.be/pu4EnsuRD48

From that video I can already tell this is gonna be the next Quinjet. It seems to use similar building techniques especially for the main hull and retains the swooshibility.

A lot of these new sets look nice but the only two I know I'll be getting for sure are the Construction Mech and Benny's Spaceship. I also want to try to squeeze the Star Destroyer in as I don't have the previous one (either the standard or UCS) and like how this new version looks anyway. Ultra Agents look cool and I think has the potential to be Lego's new "Galaxy Squad" for the next couple years, but I want to see some reviews first before I commit to any of them. I do hope they make a game for it, Lego City Undercover shows that Lego games are at their best when using original IPs!

Those movie turtles are ugly just like in the movie. Is the shell just upside down?

What's the deal?
The cartoon TMNT have awesome minifigs and the builds suck.
The movie TMNT has awesome looking builds and the minifigs suck.

wetwired

Thanks! :( So poor these days... thanks LEGO

Any pics of the TMNT Movie sewer lair? I need to see that Splinter and Shredder figure a little better.

*edit* WOW such fantastic printing on those GotG minifigs! Drax looks STUNNING! And he has arm printing

*edit2* TMNT pics here! http://imgur.com/a/MxSLM
9UFZ0DI.jpg

Those turtles look diseased, but dat shredder

EDIT> I wonder how donatello's night vision goggles are attached, would be good for Ray Stantz

Ponn

Banned
Oh that Milano...SQUEEEEE....i'm going to put it together while eating some Milano cookies. Sorry, I have nothing, i'm just salivating over those pics.

And now I feel ripped off my animated TMNT Lair I got. That movie one looks so freaking awesome, but those figs, good lord those figs. How did they make those figs with a straight face. If I didn't know better I would think they were cheap bootleg rip offs of the current TMNT figs, Just awful.

I put together my 3 rock Mixels. For scoffing at them when they were first announced I smack myself because these are really awesome. They are cool little desktop monsters, they are chock full of awesome, unique pieces and they are priced (when you can find them for msrp) very well. I keep seeing the pics and preview of the future waves and I can't wait. As great as i'm liking this wave the future sets look even better. I kind of wish they would have included the max instructions with the sets though or at least include 1/3rd of the instructions with each bag.

Man you weren't kidding about LEGO and their different Storm Troppers, like each one of those new sets has a different variation. Goddammit!!

keiichi

What do you guys think is the more interesting build.

Sopwith, VW van, Horizon Express or Maersk ship?

Trying to convince the GF to wake up early for the same opening I think PhoncipleBone is going to. (Danbury Fair?)

Norfair, did they still have the special set available when you made it in?

If you manage to get two store sets I will 100% buy the second off you. I so regret skipping the most recent opening in my area last year.

If, and that is a huge IF, I manage to get a second one, someone else here claimed it.

Make sure to get there early. I was at the mall a half hour early when it opened here and it ended up taking me two hours to get into the store.

I plan on getting to them all at 8am. The store doesn't open until 10am.

What do you guys think is the more interesting build.

Sopwith, VW van, Horizon Express or Maersk ship?

Trying to convince the GF to wake up early for the same opening I think PhoncipleBone is going to. (Danbury Fair?)

Norfair, did they still have the special set available when you made it in?

Danbury Fair, yup.

As for which one, it is a toss up between Sopwith and VW Van. The VW Van is one of my favorite sets you can buy. There is just so much awesome detail in it. But the Sopwith is an imposing piece once finished. Much larger than anticipated.

Both are fantastic, but my heart belongs to the VW Van.

Out of curiosity, where do you live and how far are you traveling for the opening?

tell us of the PAB wall :D, if there are any brand new elements

I stopped by the LEGO store today in anticipation for the new PAB elements. It was nice to see new elements I haven't seen in the PAB, but most weren't too exciting.

It looks like LEGO is trying to push PAB sales more. Seems to be one of the tops sellers in their retail stores.

Many of the new elements are car and airplane/space elements. The manager was telling me corporate sent those elements for those purposes. They also now suggest which theme the parts are good for.

Plenty of different tires, wheels, and wheel holders, these were the more interesting parts to me:

Trans-Black
Windscreen 8 x 4 x 2 with 4 Studs and Handle
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92579

Light Bluish Gray
Wedge, Plate 6 x 3 Left
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54384

Light Bluish Gray
Wedge, Plate 6 x 3 Right
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54383

Black
Engine, Smooth Small, 1 x 2 Side Plate (Undetermined Axle Holders Type)
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3475

White
Tail 4 x 1 x 3
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2340

This one is not new as it's been spotted in PAB before. First time I've seen it in any of the LEGO stores I frequent.
Black
Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 4 Sides
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4733

Broke down and bought the Blacktron and Fabuland figures from Rescue Reinforcements...really didn't love the set. Paid a little bit for them but it beats buying an overpriced set you don't want for them.

And be sure to tell us about the new store Phon!

Rootbeer

Banned
Those turtles look diseased, but dat shredder

EDIT> I wonder how donatello's night vision goggles are attached, would be good for Ray Stantz

"diseased" is a colorful way to put it :) Yeah I'm not fond of the designs (hate the shell-almost-as-tall-as-their-head look), but LEGO had to work with what was given...

Part of me wishes they weren't even doing sets based off this movie. We'll see.

Ponn

Banned
"diseased" is a colorful way to put it :) Yeah I'm not fond of the designs (hate the shell-almost-as-tall-as-their-head look), but LEGO had to work with what was given...

Part of me wishes they weren't even doing sets based off this movie. We'll see.

Maybe if they included a cheese phone. Mayyyyyyybe. Actually I think this could be a first you might see people buy the sets and sell all the figs.

wetwired

Pass, looks like a bad MOC to me :/

Saw the lego movie this morning with the kids, my son's first trip to the movies, he got a bit restless at times so I'll need to see it again as you need to be paying attention to catch all the references and he was distracting at times.

We went straight to the shops afterwards, my 4 year old daughter got cloud cuckoo land and my 2 year old son picked the one with the police car and crocodiles. We gave him a choice between all the other ones and he choose that, I think because he recognized Emmett on the box (he can't talk much yet)

keiichi

Both are fantastic, but my heart belongs to the VW Van.

Out of curiosity, where do you live and how far are you traveling for the opening?

Thanks, I've been eyeing the van for a long time so maybe I'll just pick it up.

We're coming from the Paramus, NJ area, so it looks to be a little over an hour to get there. We missed the Elizabeth store opening that happened last year due to being on the road when the grand opening happened

Can't wait!

Norfair said:
Yes they did. They were only allowing one set per family so the lasted a good long time.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom