• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

chimster

IMAG1332.jpg

I got my copy :) came early in the mail but the corner is banged up. Going to try to get one in store in the morning

Crizume

Neo Member
I believe lego minifigures online beta is now open to everyone. I was able to log and play instantly by going to website. Double checked email to make sure I never got invitation.

Crizume

Neo Member
Yea my epic quest came to and end after 10 min's. Glitched my self into a Lego pile and am stuck now. Cant get out and relogging doesn't help

Just doing a little research before tomorrow's release of the blu-ray...

my closest target told me they are only getting 9 of the Everything is Awesome Edition. They open at 7am, earliest i can be in store is maybe 8:15am... so, crossing my fingers.

Worst case, I'll order online later tomorrow. But trying to get in on the $10 off deal, so...

*edit* okay, called a second (and bigger) Target... they are only getting 6!

Plan ahead if you are going the Target route tomorrow.

Which Targets did you call? Sounds like the one that opens at 7am is the City Target by Moscone Center. I'm planning on hitting up the one in Emeryville or Alameda. Man, those numbers are low!

Rootbeer

Banned
Which Targets did you call? Sounds like the one that opens at 7am is the City Target by Moscone Center. I'm planning on hitting up the one in Emeryville or Alameda. Man, those numbers are low!

The one in Emeryville is my backup :) If you see someone snagging one it might be me!

So the $10 off Target deal when you buy one of the sets plus the movie seems to apply online as well, and if you have a RedCard you get free shipping. No chance at price matching the movie to Amazon's lower price that way, but it's just a few dollars difference and a whole lot more convenient.

Actually, just noticed you seem to get free shipping with $50 orders even without a RedCard! Still miss out on the 5% discount though.

They should fly a SSD into it

I want to see that now.

On a different note, I am going to use what little money I have to get LEGO Movie tomorrow. And it comes with an Ultraviolet copy (damn you WB for not giving iTunes copies anymore!), which I will not be using.

Instead of posting in the digital copy thread, I was wondering if anyone from LEGO GAF would want the Ultraviolet copy that will come with the disc when I get it tomorrow. First one to respond to this and wants it gets it. I will PM the code tomorrow.

My nearby Wal Mart should have the EiA edition so I plan to grab that tomorrow when I wake up, woooo! I'd do the Target deal but the close one doesn't have it except online and I already have those sets and the garbage truck doesn't interest me.

Ryuuroden

Just picked up my copy of E.I.A. Lego Movie from target plus the ice cream truck! Next, to make my parents visit me and force them to watch it.

The one in Emeryville is my backup :) If you see someone snagging one it might be me!

Maybe I'll hit the Alameda one instead so there's no chance of us fighting for the last copy! haha

I don't have any of the three sets that Target has eligible for the deal, so it will be Bad Cop Pursuit for me. Looks like that's the best set of the three. What do you guys think?

Rootbeer

Banned
Good set too, plus you get Gordon Zola, who has the best name for a minifig ever.
Cool, yeah he'll do nicely!

Well, they had 6 left when I got there. Price matched amazon to shave a tad more off the price, and paired it with the garbage truck as planned. Yay! Now omw home to pop it in.

Oh, found a new polybag at the registers too. Police Helicopter 30226 for the usual 3.99. Snagged one.

Experien

So tempted to get EiA + Bad Cop Pursuit but I don't think I want to spend $35 on a single movie...I barely want to spend $20 on one.

Vyer

I think I may just go standard edition too. Minifig is cool but I don't want to drop 40 bucks on a movie and Minifig. Could resell, but I'd rather just let an EIA edition remain available for someone who wants to add to their collection.

Rootbeer

Banned
Totally feeling you guys on the EIA price. Maybe it will hit a deeper discount before they discontinue it. The price for what you get as compared to the other editions is bordering on outrageous.

Pretty sure the higher price is mostly due to the 3D disc inclusion... Even though they are marketing it as a free bonus :p

One thing to consider if you get the EIA edition... You can just go and sell the minifig on eBay or Bricklink and it'll come out to around the same price as the normal edition. Since I don't collect minifigs that's what I'm doing, so then I have the 3D version if I ever get a 3D TV along with the other extra features it comes with.

jpatez34

Neo Member
The LEGO Movie is due in just over 4 weeks in the UK (July 21st), and STILL no word on if we are getting the EIA Edition! Is the US version region free? I may need to import it.

I do know that The Hobbit Blu-Ray with Legolas was a Sainsbury's exclusive, so it may end up being the same deal, maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed! It would be nice to have an update :-(

Experien

One thing to consider if you get the EIA edition... You can just go and sell the minifig on eBay or Bricklink and it'll come out to around the same price as the normal edition. Since I don't collect minifigs that's what I'm doing, so then I have the 3D version if I ever get a 3D TV along with the other extra features it comes with.

Did you like the 3D in theaters? I felt it was very lackluster and not worth it. I wonder if the Bluray 3D will be better?

Just picked up the EiA edition. I changed my mind about Bad Cops Pursuit and got the Ice Cream Truck instead. The 2 in 1 build got me and I also figured that my 6yo daughter would like it as well.

Ryuuroden

Wow, some sweet vehicles in the meet the lego designers one. I love the saloon powered wild west bi-plane that fires beer bottles and the variety of classic spaceships.

Wow, some sweet vehicles in the meet the lego designers one. I love the saloon powered wild west bi-plane that fires beer bottles and the variety of classic spaceships.

Waiting for that special feature to go on YouTube. I really want to see it, but not enough to spend that much more money for the EIA edition.

Did you like the 3D in theaters? I felt it was very lackluster and not worth it. I wonder if the Bluray 3D will be better?

Yeah, I actually did like the 3D with the movie but then again I tend to be easily impressed. Never seen a 3D TV though so don't know how different they are from seeing in the theater.

My Bad Cop Pursuit and EIA edition shipped this morning, would have just gone to Target in person but I didn't have time today and was worried if they'd even have both the set and the movie; my Target is not very impressive when it comes to their stock.

neonglow

It looks like it's confirmed that Mars Rover is out of print and not getting a reprint based on what Tim Courtney said.

I just got back from Brickworld where I went to a wonderful presentation about LEGO Ideas by Tim Courtney. In response to a fan question about the limited availability of the Mars Rover he confirmed that LEGO will not be producing any more of that set. He said that they underestimated the popularity of the set and will keep this in mind for future LEGO Idea sets that they release.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/285384/#Comment_285384

I woke up late this morning (afternoon) and ran off to the small Target that I know are not as popular as the other two big one and found last one but slightly crush, Everything is Awesome edition. There are plenty of LEGO sets that are part of the promotion left. It seems both shoppers and Target clerks are all pretty confuse about how the promotion work. Since both the movies and sets are discounted they all thought that they were already discounted and didn't realize there is another $10.00 bonus discount on top.

0UyHi3xl.jpg

It looks like it's confirmed that Mars Rover is out of print and not getting a reprint based on what Tim Courtney said.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/285384/#Comment_285384

ARGH! I'd think it's easy enough to make. Any rare parts? I assume there are a few printed parts, but that's not a big deal for me.

Holy shit. Maybe I should jump on Ghostbusters ASAP. I figured I had time on that one since BTTF is everywhere still.

I think Ghostbusters will be around. As much as I like Back to the Future, I think the market is bigger for the Ghostbuster set. Also, they made what seems to be a ton of BttF sets. BttF has made it to a bunch of retail places and even got discounted on Amazon. You have a few months at least.

cassidyarch

Neo Member
Surprised to see that Vitruvious from the EIA box is exclusive! I assumed it was the same one from the Sea Cow and Lord Business Lair. That one has the hippie clothes and blank eyes, The EIA one has a fancier robe and black eyes. No staff though. Guess I'll have to find my own sucker stick.

Top Bottom