• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
You're thinking about those ?
xI7fQhn.jpg

as far as alienesque those would work but as far as the Brood I was more thinking these guys

or the one that came with Bug Obliterator as Queen Brood.

Zerojul

as far as alienesque those would work but as far as the Brood I was more thinking these guys

Oh right, I don't know why I was thinking about minifigs. Those indeed look brood-ish. And the Queen is indeed bigger. Nice :)

hmmblah

Father's day present from my wife/kids painted on canvas. Took a little longer for the artist than expected so it arrived just today.

Edit: Lego move EiA edition arrived today as well!

fah3h9k.jpg

Father's day present from my wife/kids painted on canvas. Took a little longer for the artist than expected so it arrived just today.

Edit: Lego move EiA edition arrived today as well!

fah3h9k.jpg

What a thoughtful gift! Lucky guy.

My wife asked if I wanted lobster. I told her no, but then she bought lobster. I didn't like the lobster so she ate three lobsters. It was a Father's Day miracle.

Picked up the two non-Milano GotG sets. Can't wait to build them.

What are people's thoughts on these new LEGO Fusion sets? $35 for each of the four sets and the app is done by TTGames.

tumblr_n7fcduXe0F1s9etb3o1_500.jpg

The games look like fun, but it's unclear how fun building stuff will work with the game. If you simply have to build something a specific way, I don't see why that would make the game more fun. If you could free build with some constraints, that would be more fun.

So my initial reaction is meh.

Found a video of some gameplay.

Lego Fusion lets kids create videogames with real Legos

http://i.imgur.com/RujG8kv.png

Yes. Some love for the brick built aliens. I really liked the alien brick built bugs. I wish there was a battle pack for those guys. :)

Now that you mentioned it, they look just like the Brood in the X-Men.

They need to have the Brood in the X-Men movies or add it to Galaxy of the Guardians if they make a new movie.

LEGO Jedi Interceptor
by antiquegamer, on Flickr

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

(Sorry for the somewhat crappy overexposed pictures, not sure what's going on with the camera app since the update. The pictures seem fine on my phone but are all washed out when I uploaded them and see them on the computer screen. The white balance seems to be way off with heavy blue tints).

I put together the new 2014 version of Jedi Interceptor and it is essentially the same model as last year Anakin's (should be Vader at this point) Green Jedi Interceptor but with some minor change (and not for the better). I got the green one awhile back used for fairly cheap ($25) and was never really impress with that version of the Interceptor so I was disappointed that this version is the same but in some ways even went from bad to worst.

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

The new version has sticker for cockpit and LEGO also removed the control stick (while it isn't accurate, I do find it to be a nice throwback to the old WW2 era plane). They did however improve the cockpit part a bit and it is more secure in the new version. (The green one rattle around a bit).

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

However, I really prefer the original 2005 version which, while a bit fragile, is a better representation of the small Interceptor (It suppose to be the size of a speeder). I think the new 2013-14 version are way too large and while having a slot for R2 unit is nice, it makes the model look incomplete with too many exposed bricks. I think they could have kept the 2005 scale and improve on it rather than make it bigger. The current one shape is also jnot quite right and while bigger the current one also lacks the landing gears that were in the 2005 version. Also there are less stickers! Even the squadron emblems were on printed pieces. May be I just have a fond memory of building that old one with my son and viewing it with nostalgic lens.

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

The new R2D2 looks great and the dome is more movie accurate than ever. Anakin is the same body as the 2013 but without the Sith's red eyes and angry face. He definitely looks better than the 2005 version.

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

LEGO Jedi Interceptor

Experien

Don't know if it is just me but every time I order the Mixel 3-pack/color team/whatever, they always send me duplicates. Season 1 it was the black team and Season 2 (yesterday) was the blue team. Is this just me?

When it happened the first time, I contact LEGO and they said, "ENJOY THE EXTRA MIXELS!"

ghostmind

The 2014 LEGO Inside Tour Exclusive

aUHnKnf.jpg

J6GaPEM.jpg

I really like this year's exclusive - it reminds me a bit of the classic trains from the 1980s.

This would go great in a wildlife reserve/park, as an observation train.

Ponn

Banned
Don't know if it is just me but every time I order the Mixel 3-pack/color team/whatever, they always send me duplicates. Season 1 it was the black team and Season 2 (yesterday) was the blue team. Is this just me?

When it happened the first time, I contact LEGO and they said, "ENJOY THE EXTRA MIXELS!"

Its you. I ordered the frosticons and Flexors collection sets from Shop at Home. Orange clan was backordered but no extras in either order.

Galactic Titan completed!!

I can understand how people were let down / disappointed by it, it doesn't have any mind-blowing building techniques like the Hive Crawler or Swarm Interceptor. Even so, I really, really like it. It is one bad ass machine.

One thing I've noticed is that the Red Team is horribly, horribly underrepresented in Galaxy Squad. Orange Team has two full sets, Green Team has a BIG set, Blue Team has two sets and one of them is the biggest of the theme, and Red Team has a small (but admittedly cool) car in the Hive Crawler.

Poor Red Team. :(

Now the only sets I need are Bug Obliterator and Warp Stinger! And I guess the polybags but I doubt that I'll ever get a hold of those. Still so pissed I passed up getting the orange one at Target a couple months ago, so stupid :mad:

Ryuuroden

I can understand how people were let down / disappointed by it, it doesn't have any mind-blowing building techniques like the Hive Crawler or Swarm Interceptor. Even so, I really, really like it. It is one bad ass machine.

One thing I've noticed is that the Red Team is horribly, horribly underrepresented in Galaxy Squad. Orange Team has two full sets, Green Team has a BIG set, Blue Team has two sets and one of them is the biggest of the theme, and Red Team has a small (but admittedly cool) car in the Hive Crawler.

Now the only sets I need are Bug Obliterator and Warp Stinger! And I guess the polybags but I doubt that I'll ever get a hold of those. Still so pissed I passed up getting the orange one at Target a couple months ago, so stupid :mad:

All my galaxy squad sets arrived in the mail several days ago. Right now i have LEGO strewn across my living room making me hesitant to start on it. I kinda wanna wait for my Helms Deep parts orders to arrive so I can finish that and clean that up first. I may not be able to wait though. I like building while watching tv marathons. That's how I caught up on 5 seasons of Castle after I discovered how good it was during season 6. Now I am doing the same with the first 2 seasons of Person of Interest which I watched Season 3 of and found epic. There are actually only 3 shows I watch weekly on TV now during the main TV season and that's Castle, PoI and The Good Wife. I also watch a lot of HBO shows like GoT but those are a lot shorter seasons even if the episodes are longer. I may be picking up Falling Skies next. I saw part of season 1 back when it first started then life interfered and I kinda fell behind. Based on trailers and stuff, looks like shit got real so I really want to catch back up. Anyways TV marathoning may be the reason why I decide to break out the Galaxy Squad or my 2 Isengard sets before finishing my MOC.

Red Team are the Red Shirts of GS. Destined to die to prove the situation is serious.

Katoki

All my galaxy squad sets arrived in the mail several days ago. Right now i have LEGO strewn across my living room making me hesitant to start on it. I kinda wanna wait for my Helms Deep parts orders to arrive so I can finish that and clean that up first. I may not be able to wait though. I like building while watching tv marathons. That's how I caught up on 5 seasons of Castle after I discovered how good it was during season 6. Now I am doing the same with the first 2 seasons of Person of Interest which I watched Season 3 of and found epic. There are actually only 3 shows I watch weekly on TV now during the main TV season and that's Castle, PoI and The Good Wife. I also watch a lot of HBO shows like GoT but those are a lot shorter seasons even if the episodes are longer. I may be picking up Falling Skies next. I saw part of season 1 back when it first started then life interfered and I kinda fell behind. Based on trailers and stuff, looks like shit got real so I really want to catch back up. Anyways TV marathoning may be the reason why I decide to break out the Galaxy Squad or my 2 Isengard sets before finishing my MOC.

Add them to your Helms Deep even if temporarily until your order comes in. Unless you prefer to sperate themes then I've got nothing.

leng jai

Every few weeks I get a slight urge to buy the Sea Cow purely for small scale Metal Beard and Double Decker Couch. Luckily the urge subsides after I invariably go and read the Eurobricks review again and realise how absurd everything else is along with the price.

Every few weeks I get a slight urge to buy the Sea Cow purely for small scale Metal Beard and Double Decker Couch. Luckily the urge subsides after I invariably go and read the Eurobricks review again and realise how absurd everything else is along with the price.

Hmmm? What did they say about it?

Are there any rare parts in the colors for the Double Decker Couch? I was planning on making my own eventually.

Are there any rare parts in the colors for the Double Decker Couch? I was planning on making my own eventually.

Or you could make the pimped out double decker couch they show in the special features on the LEGO Movie blu ray disc.

Guy makes a double decker with arm rests, speakers, and wheels so he can drive it.

Zerojul

Hmmm? What did they say about it?
Sure seems pretty positive to me, but it does say that the thing is insanely huge, quite pricey, and that it's more of a display piece than a play set :
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92762

I've got it but haven't build it yet, I have a Lego backlog that's becoming quite ridiculous :(

August promo maybe?
That seems really plausible, maybe even a little bit earlier with the VIP exclusivity for the main set (mid-July AFAIK). I was still in my dark ages when the VW van came out, did the polybag version come out at the same time as the "real one" ?

If my french is right, this is the polybag promo of august with the usual minimum 55 € purchase limit.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2014/06/mini-cooper-il-y-aura-polybag/
No definite date is mentioned other than the one for the 10242, August 1st (and July 18th for VIPs). For the poly it only says it would make sense for it to be available very soon...

Toys r Us has the Chima 2 in 1 with Worriz Combat Lair and Laval Royal Fighter for $44 ( or $39 with their credit card on Thursdays).

I've thus far ignored this line, but I couldn't pass up over 1000 bricks for so cheap.

Galaxy Squad Red Team are my FAVORITE. The Blues look too much like Alien Conquest, and the Greens and Oranges look like peas and carrots.

Really wish I had more Reds.

I need more Red Squad too. I have so many blues and oranges. I'm hoping the Warp Stinger reaches 50% off. It's 20% off at LEGO S@H right now. If it ever hits 50% you have to be really lucky to find out right when it happens because it will sell out instantly.

wetwired

I knocked up my version of the slime throwers from Ghostbusters 2 last night in LDD,

slimeblower.jpg

I didn't have any of the parts in those colours so I had to put an order in across 2 stores, came to only a few dollars but while I was there I ended up ordering nearly $200 worth of parts :/

Ryuuroden

I knocked up my version of the slime throwers from Ghostbusters 2 last night in LDD,

slimeblower.jpg

I didn't have any of the parts in those colours so I had to put an order in across 2 stores, came to only a few dollars but while I was there I ended up ordering nearly $200 worth of parts :/

lol, I know the feeling. I ordered some stuff for my helms deep MOC and ended up picking up a ton of unrelated parts for other things.

wetwired

lol, I know the feeling. I ordered some stuff for my helms deep MOC and ended up picking up a ton of unrelated parts for other things.

I did get a ton of transclear, trans light blue and trans blue 1x1 (1500 of each) round plates though to hopefully do water. I got some in pink to hopefully to the sewer and river of slime from Ghostbusters 2

Ponn

Banned
Milano was assembled tonight. Will post some pics tomorrow. Thoughts on it are freaking awesome. If you loved the Quinjet you will probably love this and the build. Some neat techniques and assembled in sections like the Quinjet. I have one complaint about a couple gun pieces on the bottom. You put them on early and they are just lightsaber hilts plugged into a blowhorn piece. They were constantly falling off while building it and I just took them off, not sure if i'm going to put them back on because they are really flimsy and in an awful spot. LOVE the wings, it just looks and feels good and i'm pretty sure thats where the cost is coming from on this. Overall comparable in size to the Quinjet even though pictures may not show it.

Fowler

Finally back in HK after 2.5 weeks in the US... got a great, great LEGO haul. Will post pics soon. But the best thing... While randomly walking around Santa Monica, saw a little toy store that happened to have TONS of Mars Rovers. Like, 10+. It was marked up by $10, but given that it appears to be OOP (and that I saw it here in HK for double the price), I thought it was a worthy investment.

Zerojul

Got my first Galaxy Squad set today with an Ebay auction, Vermin Vaporizer for 16€ :)
Now I know I'll need to get the whole series, won't I ? :(

Hi LEGOGaf,

My first post in this thread and I've taken a look at the OT and didn't see anything - so apologies if I'm taking a well worn path...
I wanted to ask about selling LEGO sets, I've fallen off the wagon in regards to LEGO, whilst I will always love the sets, I just don't play with it anymore don't want to waste all the LEGO collecting dust in my home - I'd rather someone who appreciates has it - and I'm interesting in your advice in selling it all.

I've taken a brief look online, and seems like http://www.brickpicker.com/ is a good start.
Can you recommend anywhere else that has a good online marketplace? Preferably in EU :)

Of course, I'm happy to sell the sets to anyone on on LEGOGaf if anyone is interested PM me and we can negotiate a price, send photos etc.:

- LEGO City 60007 High Speed Chase
Never opened - pristine
N.B. LEGO City Undercover special set

- LEGO Indiana Jones 7197 Last Crusade Venice Speedboat Chase
Never opened - pristine

- LEGO PIrates 6299 Advent Calendar
Never opened - pristine

Also I have the LEGO City 10182 Cafe Corner set (It's used but complete, but the box is in the UK, would take a little time to retrieve, if you're prepared to wait a few weeks, I'm happy to sell it too), and the LEGO 10193-1 medieval marketplace set.
These need time for me to sort the pieces out since they are used - but they are complete.

And the "Brick City" book.

I'm based in Germany, will ship internationally.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Top Bottom