• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Got the Ghost Train and Mummy sets, my Monster Fighters collection is near complete
except The Zombies set but nobody has it so I might just as well let it go
:)

Let it go, Let it go! You didn't really need it anyways.

Ghost train is jawsome. You are going to have a fun halloween this year.

It's the car, chicks dig the car. Oh God i'm having flashbacks to Schumacher KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Ugh... I'm sitting on $215 worth of Amazon credit. Either the Haunted House or Town Hall are worthy purchases.

But I'd really like a new PC too. Why must you do this to me?! LEGOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ugh... I'm sitting on $215 worth of Amazon credit. Either the Haunted House or Town Hall are worthy purchases.

But I'd really like a new PC too. Why must you do this to me?! LEGOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PC's depreciate in value and have a much shorter lifetime than LEGO. My oldest PC which I use mostly is 5 years old. Works fine for almost everything but CPU intensive games. Granted I did get a $500 laptop recently to give me a nice boost in power.

Yeah between Haunted House and Town Hall, Haunted House all the way no contest.

I think the key to which sets will stay around is the Lego catalogue that just came out. On the page for the Modulars, only Grand Emporium was missing, Town Hall was still there which means that it still has some life in it. Haunted House 1000%

Yeah between Haunted House and Town Hall, Haunted House all the way no contest.

I think the key to which sets will stay around is the Lego catalogue that just came out. On the page for the Modulars, only Grand Emporium was missing, Town Hall was still there which means that it still has some life in it. Haunted House 1000%

Sound logic, but don't forget that Fire Brigade wasn't listed for almost two years before going OOP.

Sound logic, but don't forget that Fire Brigade wasn't listed for almost two years before going OOP.

Well if anything that'd just give credence to the idea that Grand Emporium might stick around a while yet still! Which would be awesome for those who don't have it yet.

But Haunted House. Always Haunted House.

Latest batch of Chinese figs arrived. Man, Phoenix alone is worth the price of admission but their version of Wolverine is pretty amazing too!

The Large version of The Thing arrived too, along with another 8 Iron Man figs. Some interesting differences between the 2 Chinese manufacturers, that's for sure.

wetwired

You guys have all seen these before but I finally took better pics

Ecto-1A From Ghostbusters 2 Left by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Pre Ectomobile Front by Brent Waller, on Flickr

21108 Ghostbusters Mods by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters 48x48 Mosiac by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters Rooftop Scene by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters Rooftop Scene by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Also check out this awesome custom slimer fig I want one (or 5)

10409769_791674487539972_1253215794304047341_n.jpg

Woop! I think the knock-off Iron Man figs I ordered off Amazon arrived!

Edit: SON OF A BITCH they shipped me the wrong thing!?! It's a little baby Quinn Jet with a Captain America fig!?! It was supposed to be the armors!! I... don't know how to fix this? Amazon customer service? It says it's 47 pieces but.. it feels like there's a LOT more in the box..

Edit 2: What an emotional roller coaster! The armors were in the box, wtf why did they ship it like this!?

Edit 3: Just put together the white armor, the quality is INSANE. I hope they're all like this. It's almost indistinguishable from an actual Lego minifig. The printing and the colors are flawless. WOW.

Edit 4: All assembled. I'm blown away. Aside from a small scratch on one of the face plates, there was nothing wrong with any of them. They all look exactly like real Lego minifigs. The actual bricks leave a lot to be desired but the figs themselves are incredible. They'll look amazing in my eventual Hall of Armors MOC.

Edit: SON OF A BITCH they shipped me the wrong thing!?! It's a little baby Quinn Jet with a Captain America fig!?! It was supposed to be the armors!! I... don't know how to fix this? Amazon customer service? It says it's 47 pieces but.. it feels like there's a LOT more in the box..

Edit 2: What an emotional roller coaster! The armors were in the box, wtf why did they ship it like this!?

Edit 3: Just put together the white armor, the quality is INSANE. I hope they're all like this. It's almost indistinguishable from an actual Lego minifig. The printing and the colors are flawless. WOW.

Edit 4: All assembled. I'm blown away. Aside from a small scratch on one of the face plates, there was nothing wrong with any of them. They all look exactly like real Lego minifigs. The actual bricks leave a lot to be desired but the figs themselves are incredible. They'll look amazing in my eventual Hall of Armors MOC.

I think I have close to 30 Iron Man minifigs now. It's pretty sweet.

Welcome to the Darker Side.

Ravek

Banned

Pics?

I am weak. Target is having clearance sales up here and the Sail Barge is on for $100. Jedi was my favorite of the series so I really wanted those figs.

Iron Man's mansion was also on for 50% off. I'm not sure why I bought it but here I am.

Currently building Ecto-1, so far its great!!!

However, i keep using these darkish red 1x1 round Studs but they're... OPEN(see-through)? i don't recall ever seeing these, why did they use so many of those in this set instead of regular ones?

Currently building Ecto-1, so far its great!!!

However, i keep using these darkish red 1x1 round Studs but they're... OPEN(see-through)? i don't recall ever seeing these, why did they use so many of those in this set instead of regular ones?

For the proton packs it was for the whip part to thread through. For the car itself, you will see.

For the proton packs it was for the whip part to thread through. For the car itself, you will see.

ok yeah i noticed for the packs... for the car i can't see why yet but at least now i know it will make sense in the end ;)

i have to build it over a couple days, just no time right now to keep at it straight away...

Ovek

7Member7
Well BrickLink has bankrupted me... haha!

tEgJNeW.jpg

Loads of Marvel Minifigs and a Space man that looks really pissed off (why not!).

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Well BrickLink has bankrupted me... haha!

Loads of Marvel Minifigs and a Space man that looks really pissed off (why not!).
Assemble those Avengers!

I think I Bricklinked Fury, Black Widow and Iron Man, but got the rest from the sets. The licensed figs can be pretty expensive, but sometimes i'd rather just get them than the entire set- The recent Hobbit sets were atrocious for design for example.

Post pics of the new ones you got!

Still busting ass on home improvements. Tonight I'm hanging a 44" TV over my triple monitor setup. Normally I would put a smiley face after that sentence but I'm getting rather wirn out in all this busy work! So while it's cool and all, I just want to be finished.

I will take and share pics of all my new Lego goodies soon though, promise. Last night I just started to reorganzie the DC & Marvel figs I have. It's pretty impressive!

...but sometimes i'd rather just get them than the entire set- The recent Hobbit sets were atrocious for design for example.

Yes, that is my downfall. I cannot pass up 50% off. I'm "saving" money by spending MORE!

I've got that terrible Hobbit troll king set..I forget the name but it has a big fig and looks like a giant bridge. Anyway, 50% off strikes again. ZERO interest in it but "Oh ma gawd it's on sale!"

mrkgoo

So what is brick link?

I know people but individual Lego pieces from it, but where do they come from? Are they secondhand? Official from Lego? Are they all authentic?

Is it a store or a user run thing?

So what is brick link?

I know people but individual Lego pieces from it, but where do they come from? Are they secondhand? Official from Lego? Are they all authentic?

It's essentially CraigsList for Lego. Just ordinary people like you or me who either buy sets just to resell them, or have grown tired of their collections and want to piece them out to those in need. Some people sell complete sets, some sell things in parts.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
So what is brick link?

Basically what WordAssassin said.

Re-entering the hobby i used ebay a lot, but Bricklink was mentioned frequently on forums. I had a store years ago, but on top of a job and other interests its pretty hard going. Sorting and storing pieces for stock as well as your own collection was pretty mundane.

Its a great service though- im definitely like 95% buying to 5% selling.

glaurung

One of my biggest purchases this month and also the very first proper LEGO set in over 13 years. I've bought minifigs every now and then, but a real brick and manual set... It's been a while.

legoloot.jpg

I might just go and buy some Super Heroes or GotG set in addition today. I wonder if my local shop carries GotG sets already.

Top Bottom