• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ainaurdur

Someone's gonna get a round plate in their eye. That's a whole lot of plate blasters, Batman!

And man, I need a million of those Tusken Raiders!

Snowspeeder Micro-Fighter is a must get.

Not sure about that Micro-Fighter AT-AT.

All of those trooper army variation sets, why can't we have a Tusken raiding party set?

And I thought the AT-AT looked rather chibi-fied. Not too thrilled by the micro fighter line in general though.

Town Hall is listed as Sold Out not Retired. There is a reasonable chance it will come back. If you want to have one, and one is available by all means get it.

But Grand Emporium, SSD, and DS were Sold out multiple times. SSD finally just retired.

Just my $.02 but it would be weird for it to precede the Pet Shop.

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah seems like Pet Shop should be retired first. I'll wait until either December (free Christmas set 2 of 2) or March (next double VIP I think) to get it.

ghostmind

I9Rwm7G.jpg

EAtTW4M.jpg

m2lurcN.jpg

cTi4gXS.jpg

buMuAJb.jpg

RpGx4tf.jpg

1nqdI38.jpg

TQ4TM0h.jpg

jHSAgyV.jpg

uw0GMuf.jpg

30Ib6f3.jpg

0e3RrrG.jpg

BPNjosh.jpg

K4p9YKp.jpg

9W6frcv.jpg

5SsBjKH.jpg

Missing:

75072 ARC-170 Starfighter (MF)
75085 Hailfire Droid
75087 Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah seems like Pet Shop should be retired first. I'll wait until either December (free Christmas set 2 of 2) or March (next double VIP I think) to get it.
Just a head's up: I don't know if it's different in other places but the Christmas set 2 of 2 is in November. It's on the Nov calendar but they don't show a picture, just a drawing of a red present box. Nobody knows what the December givaway will be yet.

I'm really liking those troop building sets.

Why couldn't they have done that for Galaxy Squad? Man, I would've bought a bunch if they did that. I wish they had a Space theme that got as much attention as Star Wars.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ezra's lightsaber is the worst case scenario... Exactly the piece I feared they'd use. Siiiiiiiiiigh.

And Sabine doesn't have her helmet. Awesome, just awesome.

Ainaurdur

Also loving all the firing mechanisms in these sets. "You'll shoot your eye out kid"
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. At your side, and your other side, on your speeder, on your friend's side, on your ship, on your blaster...

neonglow

Just a head's up: I don't know if it's different in other places but the Christmas set 2 of 2 is in November. It's on the Nov calendar but they don't show a picture, just a drawing of a red present box. Nobody knows what the December givaway will be yet.

LEGO usually doesn't give away much in December since people are rushing to buy gifts. Last year was just a continuation of the PAB box giveaway, but this year looks to be that wall calendar.

On the bright side for you, LEGO gives all employees a nice exclusive set. Please take pictures of it when you do receive it.

Fowler

Chibi AT-AT is my favorite Microfighter so far!

t1h88a4.jpg

Heh, I was just about to say how much I hated that one! I think they've done a decent job translating most of them into the Microfighters style, but I really don't like the AT-AT.

That Tusken Raider tho... I NEED that!!

Ryuuroden

LEGO usually doesn't give away much in December since people are rushing to buy gifts. Last year was just a continuation of the PAB box giveaway, but this year looks to be that wall calendar.

On the bright side for you, LEGO gives all employees a nice exclusive set. Please take pictures of it when you do receive it.

Yeah LEGO treats its employees pretty damn nicely.

Experien

Any one know how those TRU micro-city sets are? I'd really like the theater one but getting to a store is a huge pain. I'm a big movie guy and seems fitting.

I thought it said something like 11/28 - 12/10 for the Christmas set. I probably remembered the dates wrong.

zC2Ei3p.jpg

Went for Tumbler and Town Hall. A staff member told me about some damaged box sets so I got the Fairground Mixer with a bonus 500 VIP points. They also threw in a 2nd holiday set with a crushed box too. My wife and I are going to work on the Mixer tonight.

We also went to the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester to see the traveling Lego Castle exhibit. There was a train setup by the Central New York LUG and I loved this bridge modeled after the Ford Street bridge in Rochester.

ppJbBIZ.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
Finished the Tumbler today. Such an awesome display set. I even put the stickers on it, which I normally try to avoid. Probably set it next to my LE Crawler, though I wonder how hard it would be to put power functions into the Tumbler.

neonglow

What's the most of a single battlepack set do you guys end up buying? I think I ended up buying 3 of one type but can't remember which one.

Ryuuroden

What's the most of a single battlepack set do you guys end up buying? I think I ended up buying 3 of one type but can't remember which one.

There are a few I did max orders of.

6x Pirates 6239: Cannon Battle
8x Western 6706: Frontier Patrol
8x Lone Ranger 79106: Cavalry Builder Set

STAR WARS
4x 7913: Clone Trooper Battle Pack
4x 7914: Mandalorian Battle Pack
6x 8014: Clone Walker Battle Pack
6x 8015: Assassin Droids Battle Pack
6x 8083: Rebel Trooper Battle Pack
6x 8084: Snowtrooper Battle Pack
6x 9489: Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

Other battle packs I didn't list if I had 3 or less. I also have dropped off in getting more than one for star wars packs in last couple years. Next year may change as I want a bunch of Imperial Troopers and I still need to get a couple death star trooper battle packs.

ghostmind

q6mhc1t.jpg

How the hell does the Tie Advanced NOT come with a Vader minifig?

Because it's not Vader's TIE Advanced - it's the prototype from Rebels which the Inquisitor flies around in. The actual TIE Advanced has much more depth in the wings, and the flat section behind the main "ball-shaped" body.

JhvuVSj.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone here w the Tumbler have a bunch of leftover pieces? I noticed I have an extra black 4-stud wedge piece. Ran through the instructions and I can't find a spot where I missed using it. Just seems like a rather large piece to include as an extra.

Ponn

Banned
I guess i'm the only one that likes the MF AT AT. I think its adorable, like a turtle mech or that mech from Ghost in the Shell.

Star Wars 2015:

http://youtu.be/e9_lG34sqPY

errr... that's quite the lightsaber for Ezra...

Disappointed in the Storm Trooper battle pack. For some reason I thought it would be the OT Storm Troopers. It makes sense it's the Rebels ones though. I'll probably pick up 1 or 2 of those. Would have gotten 4-6 if OT.

The Shadow Troopers make up for my disappointment in the trooper transport battle pack. Those are nice minifigs.

Thank goodness the Rebels minifigs don't have the ugly eyes the Clone Wars ones had. Sad part is that means I may get a few of those sets for the minifigs. Looking at you Inquisitor and blue haired girl.

Only 1 Tusken raider in that set? Typical LEGO, they know people will buy multiples of those sets for Tusken raiders.

Well, the microfighters have some highlights but there are quite a few I don't care for. ENough that my completionist OCD side can't get me to buy them all.

Well, if anyone doesn't have a million battle droids, there's a set to help get there.

Krilekk

Banned
I guess i'm the only one that likes the MF AT AT. I think its adorable, like a turtle mech or that mech from Ghost in the Shell.

That's the problem with it. It looks like a turtle mech, is has no resemblance of an AT AT. The iconic thing about an AT AT are the four huge legs. If you take that away you end up with something else. They should've just worked from set 20018. That turtle AT AT is like doing a cube death star.

I prefer this version:

sp114.jpg

I love the color scheme of Ultra Agents. Gonna have to get all the 2015 sets. I'm only missing one set in the current wave.

I do too, but even pimps have friends. That was one of the first minifigs I ever Bricklinked purely for the pimp suit. The other pimp suit is a welcome addition.

Shadow troopers went beyond what I was expecting. I'd like to stock up on those for sure. And the Rebels stuff looks just as good too except for their version Stormtroopers, I can do without those.

Ryuuroden

Ultra Agents to me is way cooler than the Marvel and DC stuff (for the most part) I mean Batman Tumbler is sweet but really the Superhero sets do nothing for me and I am not really inclined to collect minifigs except for a few for MOC Diaramas maybe. Ultra Agents on the other hand has way cool sets. I have not gotten any yet but I will probably end up getting most if not all of them. They just look so fun and some look like they would be sweet to display (like the tron vehicle).

Top Bottom