• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ruxtpin

Banned
Here's something I might have finally finished tonight or tomorrow...

11392513835_7e7a0eedfe_c.jpg

11392647473_629f87114b.jpg

11392520006_88a13b7a5f.jpg

I'll try to post some better quality pics once it's completed.

Wow, I love seeing curved towers like that. I once tried a MOC trying to construct a Playmobil set with Lego but it didn't work out so well but it didn't look near as good as this, nice job!

Now I want to MOC. Finished the winter scene weeks ago, but itching to do something new. I have no idea what, but maybe I should just start building and see what happens.

Need some ideas. Want to get my goddaughter some LEGO but not sure what the best set would be for a 6 year old girl for Christmas. Was thinking the Friends line but am open to other lines.

Thanks.

Need some ideas. Want to get my goddaughter some LEGO but not sure what the best set would be for a 6 year old girl for Christmas. Was thinking the Friends line but am open to other lines.

Thanks.

What is your price range? The Friends line is perfect for a 6 year old girl. Any of the million look alike storefronts would be good, or if you want to spend a bit more Olivia's House is terrific.

ghostmind

Thanks.

The new Disney Princess sets are just hitting stores now. If she is into Disney then this would likely be a hit with her.

Thanks.

Friends and Disney.

Of course, those wonderful new Creator animals sets would work too.

What is your price range? The Friends line is perfect for a 6 year old girl. Any of the million look alike storefronts would be good, or if you want to spend a bit more Olivia's House is terrific.

The new Disney Princess sets are just hitting stores now. If she is into Disney then this would likely be a hit with her.

Friends and Disney.

Of course, those wonderful new Creator animals sets would work too.

Probably upwards of $30 so I'll pop into the LEGO store this week and see what I can find. Seems that Friends & Disney looks like what I'm aiming for.

Thanks everyone!

ghostmind

Here's a game-changer:

HtJgjU1.jpg

Only available currently in the 41026 Sunshine Harvest (which is a bonanza of new elements), and 41039 Sunshine Ranch.

Vyer

Once I open a set, I fold the boxes flat and keep them in all in a storage tub. I've just recently purchased some shelving for my LEGO basement project, so I'm going to see how much of my backlog can fit in that.

I break them down and keep them in a storage closet outside in the carport. The SSD and Death Star boxes filled with boxes of smaller sets. Some broken down boxes are too large to fit in anything else, so they are loose.

Good ideas. I did the condensing thing and freed up some space. Have to fight off my collector urges as I would even keep the bags and spare pieces in each box previously.

ghostmind

They are both at LEGO stores now. (PSA I may work at one)

Always great to have another LEGO store employee here at Best-GAF.

I was at the store about a week ago, and they didn't have them yet. Good to know they are in now, as I want to pick up that 40126 set.

I have a question for you: Parisian Restaurant - early VIP release or not?

B-Dex

That I actually don't know. It is on January's calendar as coming out. But other than that we haven't gotten any info.

Any non lego stores that may have the Disney Princess sets at MSRP? Where are people finding them. I've only been seeing the new Hobbit and Creator sets at stores.... Need to get something for a young family member :) mainly the Brave set.

Ryuuroden

Always great to have another LEGO store employee here at Best-GAF.

I was at the store about a week ago, and they didn't have them yet. Good to know they are in now, as I want to pick up that 40126 set.

I have a question for you: Parisian Restaurant - early VIP release or not?

I was at the store on Sunday and was told it was set for a hard release on January 1st. I wanted to build it now :(

Ryuuroden

Good ideas. I did the condensing thing and freed up some space. Have to fight off my collector urges as I would even keep the bags and spare pieces in each box previously.

I only keep the boxes for exclusives, licensed movies, star wars, and LE sets. I keep most of them in a large underbed roll out container. I am thinking of putting the larger ones in artist portfolios as those really are the perfect size for flattened boxes. Once you open a set, the only thing to keep in good condition for resale value is the box and instructions. I keep my instructions in filing cabinets

Here's a game-changer:

HtJgjU1.jpg

Only available currently in the 41026 Sunshine Harvest (which is a bonanza of new elements), and 41039 Sunshine Ranch.

WHOA. Love it. And I want more of the 3x3 plates that started showing up this past year.

I cannot keep the bags really. Besides space, those things just tear right apart once they are opened. I have not found a way to keep them in one piece, so I just toss them when done.

Have to fight off my collector urges as I would even keep the bags and spare pieces in each box previously.

This was me a few months ago; purge and get rid of those crinkly bags. You don't need them!

Spare parts are almost always 1x1 tiles, plates, wedges or accessories. Put those in with the others...if you ever resell your sets there is no expectation that the spare parts will be included.

I don't intend to sell this stuff but I have a hard time getting rid of the boxes/instructions. I flatten the boxes & keep the instructions separate.

Vyer

Sweet, thanks.

I only keep the boxes for exclusives, licensed movies, star wars, and LE sets. I keep most of them in a large underbed roll out container. I am thinking of putting the larger ones in artist portfolios as those really are the perfect size for flattened boxes. Once you open a set, the only thing to keep in good condition for resale value is the box and instructions. I keep my instructions in filing cabinets

WHOA. Love it. And I want more of the 3x3 plates that started showing up this past year.

I cannot keep the bags really. Besides space, those things just tear right apart once they are opened. I have not found a way to keep them in one piece, so I just toss them when done.

This was me a few months ago; purge and get rid of those crinkly bags. You don't need them!

Spare parts are almost always 1x1 tiles, plates, wedges or accessories. Put those in with the others...if you ever resell your sets there is no expectation that the spare parts will be included.

I don't intend to sell this stuff but I have a hard time getting rid of the boxes/instructions. I flatten the boxes & keep the instructions separate.

Thanks guys, feel better about dealing with the bags. It's like an intervention!

Rootbeer

Banned
sorry for the typo. it was 25.50 (no, the price didn't go up :p)

Had to buy it. Now i'll have all 13 dwarves yay!

NOTE that you can do in-store pick-up to save on shipping etc. Sadly I couldn't, my local TRU isn't offering it at this time :( So I had to fill my order up to $49 (not hard to do with LEGO stuff)

Except for older sets from my childhood, I just throw out every box...only one I've kept is the BttF box just because. Otherwise, I don't see the point of keeping them around.

R-User!

That I actually don't know. It is on January's calendar as coming out. But other than that we haven't gotten any info.

I called my local store, spoke to the manager, and asked about an early VIP, and e said that hey would not be doing one and that it would be a "hard release date" of Jan 1st for what it's worth.

Here's a game-changer:

HtJgjU1.jpg

I need to see the uses for that piece that only can be achieved with that piece.

I'm waiting for the 1x1 plates with dual clips.
There is also the elusive never to happen double sided stud plates.

ghostmind

I called my local store, spoke to the manager, and asked about an early VIP, and e said that hey would not be doing one and that it would be a "hard release date" of Jan 1st for what it's worth.

Yep - don't know what happened, but I have heard that the early VIP release of the few sets earlier this year had caused issues with some stores not having sufficient stock for the hard release date.

Told myself I was done when I scored Best Star...grabbed The Goblin King Battle set on sale at the lego store. I had 30% discount + $15 in points and got the Daily Bugle for $21. Had to have those mini figs, especially Doom and JJ after playing some Lego Marvel.

Whoa, anyone want to tell me why the Advent Calendar price went through the roof?!?! I was holding off getting this year Calendar, well because my wife put moratorium on all LEGO buying during holidays. I did noticed that store like Fred Myers didn't get any in this year, and I only saw them at one Target by me and none at Wal-Mart.

On another note, saw Flash and Batman set at TRU today and LEGO sections there was pretty pack with people, LEGO reps were there trying to restock, she told several people looking for Friends set that they are pretty much out of stocks at TRU.

neonglow

Whoa, anyone want to tell me why the Advent Calendar price went through the roof?!?! I was holding off getting this year Calendar, well because my wife put moratorium on all LEGO buying during holidays. I did noticed that store like Fred Myers didn't get any in this year, and I only saw them at one Target by me and none at Wal-Mart.

On another note, saw Flash and Batman set at TRU today and LEGO sections there was pretty pack with people, LEGO reps were there trying to restock, she told several people looking for Friends set that they are pretty much out of stocks at TRU.

LEGO undershipped the Advent Calendars this year after overstocking last year. My guess is they are trying to avoid the big retailer markdowns after Christmas of previous years. Whatever is in stores now is all that's left of this year's calendars.

LEGO undershipped the Advent Calendars this year after overstocking last year. My guess is they are trying to avoid the big retailer markdowns after Christmas of previous years. Whatever is in stores now is all that's left of this year's calendars.

Definitely appears to be the case. I was planning on grabbing a bunch after Christmas, but definitely noticed the shelves cleared of them everywhere I looked. Luckily, there wasn't anything in them I will regret missing. For Star Wars calendars, aside from the xmas printed minifigs, how much more can they rehash the micro builds?

Put together that Race Car and Monster Truck sets today, will finish the tow truck when I get home from family dinner. So far I'm liking what I've built so far.

Ryuuroden

That's totally what I figured as well. 2 years ago they undershipped and last year they made way too many. I can still find 2012 advent calendars in stores. It is very likely they want to avoid that this year. They just haven't found the happy medium.

captainblye

Neo Member
Boo! Ordered Santa's Sleigh since the kids have been so into Rudolph this year, and the envelope arrived empty. Called LEGO, and they are out of Santa's Sleigh....so they are sending Decorating The Tree instead.
Disappointed that I didn't get the one I was hoping for, but I gotta say, the LEGO rep on the phone was totally awesome.

Top Bottom