• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

I think that this is the LEGO Movie Accessory Pack, that you can get from LEGO stores from January 20 to February 16, if you come in and build a set to display.

dlMWkrJ.jpg

ghostmind

I really like the minifigs in the Movie sets:

9n7WuHG.jpg

dg1KyNo.jpg

S5ySuPJ.jpg

M4aSJml.jpg

That moustache attaches around the neck, so you can transfer it to almost any minifig.

I was maybe going to get that western set but the mustached dude is the seller for me... love me some good western... oddly dont enjoy any of the lone ranger sets.

Seems weird they would change the name like that.

Still love the use of those brick pieces. Ugh...need to sell off some sets to get these new ones.

iuuk

Seeing last page's sets going OOP made me check the availability of Architecture sets I'm still missing, and it seems like Amazon hasn't got Villa Savoye anymore. Does anyone here know if it's an indication of it going, or if it's a temporary thing? Usually all the Amazons losing a set is a good indication, but Villa Savoye is quite a new set, and S@H still has it in stock. For some reason Robie House has the opposite problem, it's definitely going OOP, but Amazon still has it for reasonable prices.

Rootbeer

Banned
That set is strangely similar to the helicopter surveillance set with the huge heli and another hideout just like that.

Yeah I agree. I haven't followed LEGO very closely until these last 3 or so years, but now that I'm starting to get some years under my belt I'm starting to see a lot of repetition.

Going forward It's sure to impact how many sets I buy. Probably will be more minifigure focused in the coming years since I'll be overwhelmed with pieces already (technically already am)

Rootbeer

Banned
Guess I'm heading to TRU this morning to pick up a few of those sets on sale... hope I spot more 2014 sets today as well. Last week I spotted (and snatched) the Man-Bat set but that's all I saw.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I really like the minifigs in the Movie sets:

That moustache attaches around the neck, so you can transfer it to almost any minifig.

That's pretty damn interesting! Need to get me tons of moustaches and recreate the stoning sketch in Life of Brian.

ghostmind

tSqgkpv.jpg

Hailed by NASA as a “miracle of engineering” when it landed on Mars in August, 2012, we’re thrilled to present a LEGO set based on this historic spacecraft. The fifth LEGO CUUSOO set, 21104 NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover, will be available in the LEGO Shop online for $29.99 from January 1st, 2014.

Stephen Pakbaz (“Perijove“), a Mechanical Engineer who worked on the actual Curiosity rover at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, designed and submitted the rover project to LEGO CUUSOO in late 2011, to further the educational outreach of the Mars Curiosity rover’s mission, and to encourage greater public support for space exploration. His project reached 10,000 supporters within two weeks of the landing in August 2012, and was selected for production by the LEGO Review Board this June.

k4LMLDJ.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks so much :3 Love the leatherhead and spider bytez minifigs. Love the new printings on the turtles too!

I have all the 2013 TMNT sets and can't wait to add these to my collection.

rallaren

I am mainly interested in TMNT for nostalgic reasons but not much becuase it has been so worn out for the past ~15 years. I always appreciate new vehicles though - a sub! wow!

Ponn

Banned
Booyakasha!! This page got awesome really awesome. More turtles, wasn't expecting those figs at all. I'm so excited I still have two turtle sets to put together and now I feel a real need to get the Baxter Robot.

That Mars Rover looks awesome to, look like I will be making a 1st of the year lego store order. Mars Rover and Baxter Robot.

Booyakasha!! This page got awesome really awesome. More turtles, wasn't expecting those figs at all. I'm so excited I still have two turtle sets to put together and now I feel a real need to get the Baxter Robot.

That Mars Rover looks awesome to, look like I will be making a 1st of the year lego store order. Mars Rover and Baxter Robot.

The Baxter Robot is such a great set, I think it's the best looking one of the TMNT sets so far.

iuuk

More minifigure displays done. I need more of these cases...

I think there's room to increase each tier's height.
You were Dutch, right? I always tend to forget those things, but if you are, can you please tell me where you got those cases? I still need to find room for my Star Wars minifigures, and a half baseplate isn't going to do it anymore.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Actually glad there is no early access for VIP, because I cannot afford it yet. :)
On the other hand, I hopefully will have enough money from Christmas to drive to the LEGO store on New Year's Day and buy the set.

So they're making a 2nd turtle lair set, but for double the price? I wonder what the difference will be. Like will it have a spot for the Shellraiser?

Top Bottom