• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a second I was very excited because it looked like they were bringing yellow-skinned licensed figures back. Then I kept staring and realized that no, it's just an optical illusion. :(

Ryuuroden

......fuck me, I just dropped one of the towers of tower bridge and it took out some other stuff on the way down........I was getting it out of the living room before the baby got back in order to protect it. Guess I am more dangerous. I have to leave it for later, got errands I need to run. At least it shattered all over the Lego room.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
......fuck me, I just dropped one of the towers of tower bridge and it took out some other stuff on the way down........I was getting it out of the living room before the baby got back in order to protect it. Guess I am more dangerous. I have to leave it for later, got errands I need to run. At least it shattered all over the Lego room.
Sounds like its even one level harder then the stuff from the Thread title...

I am sorry :/

At least it was only tower bridge and not Orthanc.

rokkerkory

OlLq1In.jpg

omgggg i want

"London Bridge Is Falling Down..."
Time to bring out the Kragle!

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Hope cleanup isn't too bad.

Hagi

Hmm I guess with Death Star being a disappointment for me it's time to move on to whatever the Lego Batman sets are going to be.

Oh my God, Han's hair is incredible! So good to see how Luke and Han finally got some new hair molds over the past few years.

The minifigs in this set all look incredible. The only one I dislike is probably Obi Wan, due to the printed robe.. Not fond of that approach, but it might just be cape nostalgia.

I can't remember who was asking about Jay's Elemental Dragon. I decided to stop my never ending sorting and actually build something in my backlog.

Wow! I was was gonna recommend Sensei Wu's Dragon as a cheaper alternative to Morro's Dragon, but after building Jay's Elemental Dragon it's a toss up. They are both great IMO.

There are a few similar build techniques, but for the most part they are quite different but both enjoyable builds. Both have lots of greeble (does that apply to dragons?). For a really young kid, there are parts that may be difficult.

Jay's dragon uses a part I never thought I'd see used except in Metalbeard from "The LEGO Movie".
6063705.jpg

There were some strange additions such as a syringe needle and flintlock pistols. They add to the texture/greeble, but don't make sense for Jay's dragon.
A nice small addition to Jay's dragon are the claws. They are a very small detail, but they add quite a lot to the look for the feet.

Ninjago is knocking these brick built dragons out of the park IMO. I do like the earlier dragons with the pre-moulded heads, but the brick built ones are much more interesting to me.

I gotta get all these Ninjago brick built dragons.

I don't think anyone here is in Hawaii but the Kapolei Target has a lot of CMF s14 (monsters) for around $4.60 each, which is pretty standard markup for here. Was happy to see the Strange set at $29.99 MSRP.

Ryuuroden

On the bright side of things, a bunch of exciting lego bricks have joined my collection including 1500 dark red profile bricks, 150 dark blueish gray 8x16 plates, 100 reddish brown hoses, 100 dark gray mountain bottom burps, 50 pumpkin heads, 25 ninjago monkeys, 280 dark grey 1x6x5 lattice support girder walls, 70 8x16 flats black tile, 100 of those friends design bricks, 500 chains, and a lot more. Looking forward to working on the steampunk theme

Was so close to bidding on a used the collector mini figure from comic con 2014 an hour ago
It ended at $160 lol

I think I'll wait for guardians 2 to release because I have a feeling the collector will be in that movie and Lego will finally release him

Or I can trade a funko for him next comic con , I just want that figure haha (in before avatar quote)

Fishlake

I wonder how many of you will get the new death star for hair. Reminds me of the fashion souls jokes.

Here is an interesting video for an ideas project. Pop up Lego always impress me I wonder how they ever got it working. It sounds like his took years.

LEGO Pop-Up Book Ideas Project

I wish every set popped up for easy storage.

R-User!

On the bright side of things, a bunch of exciting lego bricks have joined my collection including 1500 dark red profile bricks, 150 dark blueish gray 8x16 plates, 100 reddish brown hoses, 100 dark gray mountain bottom burps, 50 pumpkin heads, 25 ninjago monkeys, 280 dark grey 1x6x5 lattice support girder walls, 70 8x16 flats black tile, 100 of those friends design bricks, 500 chains, and a lot more. Looking forward to working on the steampunk theme

You had your LUGBulk order show up?...

Still waiting for mine...

Alcoemmen

Neo Member

What do you mean with "Friends design bricks"?

ghostmind

I haven't went for Bricktober sets before. Are these in store only? And I can't remember were they free with a certain purchase or were they for sale?

In Canada they were in-store only and each one was free with a $75 LEGO purchase that given week.

Not sure if they were available online in the US, but I do recall that at least some stores were selling them separately.

Markus

I haven't went for Bricktober sets before. Are these in store only? And I can't remember were they free with a certain purchase or were they for sale?

During the actual Bricktober promo they are in store only (usually limited quantities) and free with a minimum purchase (it was $75 in the US as well last year).

Sometimes they also end up on shelves for sale depending on the particular location (~$20) or you may be able to convince them to sell you one outright.

After the promotion, if there is an excess, they could end up for sale in store, on the website (saw them on TrU.com), or as they recently did here in Canada, as give-a-ways for the higher end lego sets (+$200) or dumping them through TrU.ca eBay store for ~C$9.

Oh, and at least up here in Canada, for each of the 4 weeks there was an additional polybag freebie (that is stackable on the same purchase or with its own min purchase price of $25). Last year we got minifig Hulk, a yellow FJ Cruiser-like 4x4 and a couple others which I can't remember.

Ponn

Banned
In Canada they were in-store only and each one was free with a $75 LEGO purchase that given week.

Not sure if they were available online in the US, but I do recall that at least some stores were selling them separately.

During the actual Bricktober promo they are in store only (usually limited quantities) and free with a minimum purchase (it was $75 in the US as well last year).

Sometimes they also end up on shelves for sale depending on the particular location (~$20) or you may be able to convince them to sell you one outright.

After the promotion, if there is an excess, they could end up for sale in store, on the website (saw them on TrU.com), or as they recently did here in Canada, as give-a-ways for the higher end lego sets (+$200) or dumping them through TrU.ca eBay store for ~C$9.

Oh, and at least up here in Canada, for each of the 4 weeks there was an additional polybag freebie (that is stackable on the same purchase or with its own min purchase price of $25). Last year we got minifig Hulk, a yellow FJ Cruiser-like 4x4 and a couple others which I can't remember.

Cool, thanks. Being minifig packs I doubt they will have any left over but you never know i guess. I'm going to try and make Oct. more month to get Disney Castle with double vip (as long as its orderable) so $75 at TRU as well is going to be difficult. There's a couple of those packs I really like though. (warriors and musicians)

Markus

Cool, thanks. Being minifig packs I doubt they will have any left over but you never know i guess. I'm going to try and make Oct. more month to get Disney Castle with double vip (as long as its orderable) so $75 at TRU as well is going to be difficult. There's a couple of those packs I really like though. (warriors and musicians)

Stores in lower income areas tend to have them leftover (Rochester, NY was good for that). For 2015, they seemed to have over produced the streetscape sets. You might be able to guage this years production closer to the first week of the promo. I'm guessing waiting Bricktober out and picking up the sets off eBay is going to be your best bet. All 4 sets will probably settle down in the US$60 to $80 range on eBay if there's enough supply. And don't forget to keep an eye on CL for any locals looking to unload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom