• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus

I just noticed that Walmart.ca has the Architecture sets 21030 US Capitol Building and 21029 Buckingham Palace up online for sale

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-architecture-united-states-capitol-building-21030/6000196128608

999999-673419247047.jpg

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-architecture-buckingham-palace-21029/6000196091567

999999-673419247153.jpg

They also have the Mini Cooper on clearance for $95 (and a some other stuff)
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-creator-expert-mini-cooper-10242/6000190449060

Osahi

So the Death Star popped up during the cool stop motion promo vid Star Wars did to show of toys. Official announcement can't be far of

Ryuuroden

So the Death Star popped up during the cool stop motion promo vid Star Wars did to show of toys. Official announcement can't be far of

What do you mean by official announcement? Like a lego video? Sorry just seems like we already have it on the lego website, lego store in maryland, pictures all over the place, on the monthly lego calender.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
$20 was just too pricey for those lil mini buildings at TRU. If LEGO were to make those $10 sets, they would fly off the shelves.

What I would love to see though is them to make mini versions to give as promos when the next modular comes out.

I thought so at first, but after building and displaying them, they're some of my very favorite LEGO sets that I own. I've got all of them (except for the TRU store one which I didn't like and thought didn't go well with the rest at all) on the shelf right above my computer and I absolutely love them. The builds were fairly good as well.
To be fair, I got most of them on clearance for half price or at least for slightly discounted prices on Amazon.

Markus

$20 was just too pricey for those lil mini buildings at TRU. If LEGO were to make those $10 sets, they would fly off the shelves.

True, but I was trying to be realistic, and thinking in Canadian dollars lol

I wonder what the max size is for a polybag? If they could eliminate the box, a 200+ piece set might come in at ~US$12/C$15. Maybe do like 4 different building each quarter and package them something like how the Mixels/CMFs are distributed.

What I would love to see though is them to make mini versions to give as promos when the next modular comes out.

That's a great idea.

Ended up biting the bullet and bought the Ant Man set. While I may have overpaid I enjoy the set for what it is. A giant goofy ant and "oversized" lego bricks.

Ended up biting the bullet and bought the Ant Man set. While I may have overpaid I enjoy the set for what it is. A giant goofy ant and "oversized" lego bricks.

ugh i completely forgot that i passed that one up when on a tight budget. welp that'll be my next purchase. to bricklinkkk.

and might as well purchase some frogs and mushrooms and swampy accessories while there so i can finally build my swamp monster a proper swamp.

and some stuff to add to the medieval village square and some minifigs and and and im gonna be broke.

oh shoot i need to go see if that lego marketplace thread is still active. minifigure swaps would be easier than ordering.

Bearthgar

Banned
I think my wife is buying me the Disney Castle for my birthday in October. I got the recent catalog and had it sitting on my desk. Last night, she casually asked me if I was planning on buying anything between now and my birthday. I also noticed the catalog had moved from my office to on top of her computer...

It's awesome. My wife and I are having a blast.

ghostmind

kIFgh7N.jpg

75159 Death Star™
Ages 14+. 4,016 pieces.
US $499.99 – CA $599.99 – DE 499.99€ – UK £399.99 – DK 4499.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Win the battle for the Empire with the awesome Death Star!

Reenact amazing scenes from the Star Wars saga with the Empire’s ultimate planet-zapping weapon—the Death Star! With over 4,000 pieces, this fantastic model has a galaxy of intricate and authentic environments, including a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced with space for Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star Gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers. This fantastic set also includes 23 iconic minifigures and 2 Droids to ensure hours of Star Wars battle fun.

• Includes 23 minifigures: Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Imperial Navy Officer, Imperial Officer, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Death Star Troopers, 2 Emperor’s Royal Guards, 2 Death Star Gunners, Death Star Droid, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Han Solo, Han Solo (disguise), Luke Skywalker (Tatooine), Luke Skywalker (disguise) and Luke Skywalker (final duel), plus R2-D2, an Imperial Astromech and a Dianoga trash compactor monster.

• Features a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and detachable TIE Advanced with space for Lord Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers.

• Weapons include 3 Lightsabers, 4 blasters, 3 blaster pistols, 4 blaster rifles, 2 force pikes, 2 Force Lightning elements and a bowcaster.

• Load up and fire the turbo laser’s spring-loaded shooters to keep the rebels at bay.

• Maneuver Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced into position and prepare for launch.

• Battle the Royal Guard in the throne room and then take on Palpatine himself!

• Help Leia escape from the detention block and swing to safety with Luke across the chasm!

• Will Obi-Wan shut down the tractor beam and help the rebels defeat the Empire?

• Can you spot the Dianoga trash compactor monster?

• Recreate other unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars films.

• The perfect addition to any LEGO® Star Wars collection.

• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 14 and over.

• Measures over 16” (41cm) high, and 16” (42cm) wide.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
September 30, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.

chidrock

The most stress inducing sticker was the VW logo on the camper. Round stickers are the worst.

My most stress inducing sticker was from that set, but it was the mirror. That was one touch that I really liked and of course I botched the sticker. The material was flimsier than I expected and it bubbled on me. Thanks to the VW logo I never got another sticker sheet for it.

The UCS nameplates are always an accident waiting to happen, but I've come up with a decent system for getting them on. (just line up one end before peeling the backing off of the sticker) I actually did okay with the Red 5 sticker.

willp2003

£400 - not a chance I'm buying it. One thing is certain those exclusive droids/minifigs are going to cost a fortune on bricklink/eBay.

teeny

You know, I want it. Probably never going to get it, but I want it :p

The box has reminded me of an annoying fact about all the Lego TIE fighters I've seen so far - why do they include red flick missiles / spring beams / studs / whatever to represent the lasers? I recently completed the Special Forces TIE and am compelled to bricklink a bunch of green beams to replace the red ones!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Girlfriend got me the Ideas Maze for my birthday, so excited to get home and build that tonight, been at the top of my list for a while, it's been a few months since I got a new set, the shelves have mostly filled but this one's going right on the coffee table.

Oh, it completely slipped my mind that it was already out. The ship itself is dull, dull, dull, and I only really need two copies of that head.

i don't see a firing mechanism though

I don't either. I think that is a new design, as it doesn't look as rounded as the old launchers. Maybe you have to build the trigger onto it now or something. Also, the older launchers didn't have studs on the barrel, which this does.
But the construction of the gun is really awesome, particularly the ski pole piece for the barrel.

ghostmind

All of the Rogue One sets for September 30th have now been revealed - now with descriptions.

Su1E0iB.jpg

75119 Sergeant Jyn Erso
104 pieces
$24.99
This tough Rebel soldier has everything she needs to take on the Empire. Build the figure, load the blaster rifle, put her in a battle pose and fire the spring-loaded shooter! Then grab the truncheons and turn the wheel to activate the arm-swinging battle function. Jyn Erso is ready to bring the battle to the Empire!

vhOy5bb.jpg

75120 K-2SO
169 pieces
$24.99
Once an Imperial security droid, K-2SO is now ready to fight for the Rebel Alliance. Build the droid, then push the button to the side to swing each arm or push it straight to swing both at the same time! The powerful K-2SO has the strength and skill to take on the Empire!

1eYAA8U.jpg

75121 Imperial Death Trooper
106 pieces
$24.99
Elite soldiers of the Imperial Intelligence, Death Troopers are the Empire’s most imposing enforcers and bodyguards! Build the trooper, grab the blaster pistol from the holster or fire the blaster rifle with spring-loaded shooter. Then put him in a battle pose and get ready to defend the Empire!

3FhG1M0.jpg

75152 Imperial Assault Hovertank
385 pieces
$29.99
Includes: Chirrut Îmwe, Imperial Hovertank Pilot (x2)
Help Chirrut battle the Imperial Assault Hovertank as it patrols the streets. This tough urban patrol vehicle has a two-minifigure cockpit and a rotating and elevating turret gun with spring-loaded shooters to target enemies of the Empire. And if the rebel forces hide out of sight, open the storage container, grab the blasters and play out your own mini urban battles!

0OfakFo.jpg

75153 AT-ST Walker
449 pieces
$39.99
Includes: AT-ST Driver, Rebel Trooper, Baze Malbus
Go on the hunt for Baze and the Rebel Trooper aboard the All Terrain Scout Transport. Open the top hatch, load up the AT-ST Driver and move the legs to speed into action. When you’ve tracked them down, turn the wheel to rotate the top and prepare to fire the spring-loaded shooters! Can Baze and the trooper escape the advancing AT-ST? That’s for you to decide…

d8YTOlK.jpg

543 pieces
$69.99
Includes: Imperial Shoretrooper, Imperial Ground Crew, TIE Pilot, Rebel Trooper
Prepare for launch with the amazing TIE Striker, the Empire’s atmospheric patrol fighter! Open the minifigure cockpit from the top or front and put in the TIE Pilot. Help the Imperial ground crew member put supplies in the rear hold and arm the spring-loaded shooters. Then adjust the huge wings and launch into the skies in search of rebels!

AuNTiAC.jpg

659 pieces
$79.99
Includes: Bistan, Rebel Trooper, U-wing Pilot, Cassian Andor, Jyn Erso
Open the cockpit and place the U-Wing Pilot in his seat. Fire up the engines and launch into the sky. Keep a lookout below with the transparent window, and when you spot the enemy, fire the front spring-loaded shooters and stud shooters mounted in the side doors. You can even fold the wings back for a bigger model!

hGAZHyp.jpg

863 pieces
$89.99
Includes: K-2SO, Bodhi Rook, Pao, Director Krennic, Imperial Death Trooper (x2)
When a tough transport ship is needed, Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle is the perfect choice. Put him into the pilot seat, open out the thick-armor plating and seat the Death Troopers. Lower the ramp and check the blasters are secured, then arm the spring-loaded shooters and seal the hull for takeoff. Raise the landing skids, lower the wings for flight mode and set off on another dangerous mission!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom