• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

willp2003

Pet shop or detectives office? The former seems to be out of stock on the UK Lego store but I'm considering it all the same. This would be my first modular.

Pet shop has been listed as the first to go, so try and get an order in for that if you intend on getting more modulars. I got an order in a few weeks ago before that list came out.

Ryuuroden

1x1 4 way snot brick in black,
Modified 1 x 2 with Grill in black,
1 x 2 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top in white,
1x2 plate with hinge bars on both ends, and corresponding 1x2 plate with hook on one side, both in black.
1x4 rising curve slope, no studs in black,
cheese wedges in black,
Angle Plate 1X2 / 2X2 in black
1x1 plate w/ tooth in i think bright light orange
1x2 jumper plate in black

thats all the interesting stuff i can remember of the top of my head

*edit* in hindsight, thats all the interesting parts, there are 4 more pieces, 1x2 white birkc, and 3 holdovers from the previous assortment, 2x2 plate black, 1x1 round plate, and 1x1 round tile

Thanks for the quick reply. Not that exciting a selection :/. There are a few things I can use more of that will be useful for that particular project at least. Was hoping for a bunch of reddish brown for another particular project for next years brickworld. (Not the airship, That's a few years out from now) I am thinking of building a smaller fully realized airship that I can show off sooner and will let me test out a bunch of techniques. Probably more on the 6 foot long or less scale.

Honestly speaking, the larger you build with lego, the harder it gets to make the creation interesting. Its one of the reasons I am so proud of my orthanc. The larger you build something, the more likely it starts to look flat and the harder you have to work to make it pop. I am starting to feel that my airship project should actually be scaled down. Not because I cant do it huge but because the artist in me is telling me the airship does not want to be as big as originally planned and that it can accomplish everything and much more being smaller.

Sorry, I just had a stream of conscious moment while replying about pab..........

nny

I'm really worried with crime in LEGO city. They keep throwing money at it, giving the cops all the means necessary but it just doesn't seem to go away...:/

ninge

My apologies to the purists, you may want to look away :) My custom crossing made from two straight sections. It only took half an hour to make:

1BBoG5W.jpg

EhL38GX.jpg

For the record, it never even occurred to me to modify anything other than track, but track seemed fair game!

My apologies to the purists, you may want to look away :) My custom crossing made from two straight sections. It only took half an hour to make:

1BBoG5W.jpg

EhL38GX.jpg

For the record, it never even occurred to me to modify anything other than track, but track seemed fair game!
Man I would love one or two of those.

ninge

While I had the phone camera out, some quick photos of the latest work in progress on our layout :) We really need to paint over the hideous green walls with a nice sky colour....

The space next to the fire station is ready for Assembly Square. We need to order some more 1x6 light grey tiles to finish off the edges of the train track along the front of the city and the suburbs/river estuary/park area need serious work still!

While I had the phone camera out, some quick photos of the latest work in progress on our layout :) We really need to paint over the hideous green walls with a nice sky colour....

The space next to the fire station is ready for Assembly Square. We need to order some more 1x6 light grey tiles to finish off the edges of the train track along the front of the city and the suburbs/river estuary/park area need serious work still!

Nice setup, but it is sorely lacking criminals.

Great set up! How do you have the modulars positioned on top of the road base plates? Anything special, or are they just sitting there?

Does anyone have the general head number for bricks and pieces which gets you all the available heads? Found the body (88585) and legs 88584, but can not find the general head number anywhere anymore.

I don't believe they have something like that. Seems like each print has a unique design number. I resorted to knowing what sets they are in and checking by set number. Very tedious. If you figure something out, let us know.

Oh, using Bricklink and Brickset will help a lot too. You can view heads there much easier then figure out what sets they are in.

There is generic head without print, 3626.

Markus

Just looked thru some flyers for the upcoming sales later this week in Canada. Walmart is discounting the City Park Pack by $10 to C$39.99 and TrU is having a 20% off sale on a bunch of themes (Super Heroes, Star Wars, etc.).

Does anybody have anything bad to say about Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle ?

Also is there a chance Sandcrawler will get discounted on S@H before they run out?

Does anybody have anything bad to say about Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle ?

Building it now and there are a bunch of stickers.

I don't believe they have something like that. Seems like each print has a unique design number. I resorted to knowing what sets they are in and checking by set number. Very tedious. If you figure something out, let us know.

Oh, using Bricklink and Brickset will help a lot too. You can view heads there much easier then figure out what sets they are in.

There is generic head without print, 3626.

I would swear I used the number about half a year ago and that I got it from here (last thread probably). Should have saved it. Now looked everywhere, Eurobricks, Brickpicker, Gaf+google, but I can not find it anywhere. Would be odd if they only had it for bodies, but not heads.

Great set up! How do you have the modulars positioned on top of the road base plates? Anything special, or are they just sitting there?

Now, THIS is what i want to know as well, as someone who is currently planning a similar setup. Road base plates would for sure be the MUCH easier way to go for me, as opposed to manual road building. Then there's the issue of raised sidewalks of course...

wetwired

Made some progress on the park, got the decorations (textures across into Unity for the Characters and got a fly cam in there so I can zoom around.

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.02.57.jpg

Overview of the Park

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.00.27.jpg

Close Up of the Food Stall

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.00.40.jpg

Close Up of the 2 old guys playing giant chess

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.03.12.jpg

Gazebo with couple getting married (same couple from Parisian Restaurant)

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.01.47.jpg

Swing and Fountain

This looks great! Can you take a more wide angle shot of the whole building structure? Since losing my mantle last week I'm struggling with how to define the layout for my modulars and I'm thinking a layout like this is the way to go.

Just looked thru some flyers for the upcoming sales later this week in Canada. Walmart is discounting the City Park Pack by $10 to C$39.99 and TrU is having a 20% off sale on a bunch of themes (Super Heroes, Star Wars, etc.).

Thanks! That's still a high price for a baby & wheelchair, but it's at least more attractive.

20% off all DC/Marvel and non-Rogue One SW sets is great though. I may pull the trigger on the Resistance X-Wing and maybe the Batman Scarecrow set.

Nope.

It's probably my favorite super hero build yet (at the very least it's on par with the Quinjet 1.0 & Milano IMO, and I don't typically care for playsets). It just looks fantastic on display. I'm not even much of a Spider-man fan and I think it may be the best batch of Marvel figs in one set.

Plum

My Pet Shop order has been "In Warehouse" for two days now, the order page said it would be shipped yesterday. Getting irrationally nervous here!

Ponn

Banned
Made some progress on the park, got the decorations (textures across into Unity for the Characters and got a fly cam in there so I can zoom around.

Everview of the Park

Close Up of the Food Stall

Gazebo with couple getting married (same couple from Parisian Restaurant)

Screenshot%202016-11-03%2023.01.47.jpg

Swing and Fountain

It looks good. My only suggestion would be to add some realism and having some kids playing Pokemon Go getting jacked by muggers.

Man the shell that covers K2SO's waist broke on me. It was the connector pins that snapped off. Never had this happen before with a lego product. Oh well, contacted bricks and pieces and hopefully I'll get a replacement part soon.

Didn't notice the giant chess set. That is brilliant. Can't figure out the piece for rook.

I posted this in the Dimensions thread but at Best Buy I was able to get

Slimer Fun Pack, Jake & LSP Team Pack, Atari Level Pack, Finn Level Pack, and Ghostbusters Story Pack for $64 with their Gamers Club Unlocked deal that's going from the 3rd to the 5th.

Fun Packs are $4.99
Team Packs are $9.99
Level Packs are $11.99
Story Packs are $19.99

You can get the entire Wave 6 for well under $100. The savings are mental.

I posted this in the Dimensions thread but at Best Buy I was able to get

Slimer Fun Pack, Jake & LSP Team Pack, Atari Level Pack, Finn Level Pack, and Ghostbusters Story Pack for $64 with their Gamers Club Unlocked deal that's going from the 3rd to the 5th.

Fun Packs are $4.99
Team Packs are $9.99
Level Packs are $11.99
Story Packs are $19.99

You can get the entire Wave 6 for well under $100. The savings are mental.

28hsNXf.jpg

This is fantastic work, ww. Would it be an idea to rotate the pieces on the chessboard so the player sitting on the bench is behind them?

australia-new-south-wales-sydney-hyde-park-giant-chessboard-b9rhm3.jpg

hyde-park-chess-set-nagoya11.JPG

wetwired

This is fantastic work, ww. Would it be an idea to rotate the pieces on the chessboard so the player sitting on the bench is behind them?

australia-new-south-wales-sydney-hyde-park-giant-chessboard-b9rhm3.jpg

hyde-park-chess-set-nagoya11.JPG

I did originally have them parallel to the board pieces to begin with but decided to rotate it, more for visual reasons though as it looked a bit crowded in front of the chair. That's the biggest issue I have had with this entire MOC is fitting as much detail as I can into the 32x32 baseplate

I accidentally found out today my wife bought me the castle for Christmas (sadly not last week with double VIP points). She used my VIP account, and I noticed the points change when I logged into S@H.

On one hand, I'm spoiled.

On the other hand, CASTLE!!! and points!

They are positioned next to the roads, the pavements have been extended out to cover the studs at the sides of the road.

So you just removed the curb parts and put plates next to each other, putting the curbs on the road plate pieces? Some minor modification, but so simple in execution. I absolutely love that idea.

I never noticed the extended curbs until you pointed it out. Looking at it now, it should have been obvious that that was how you achieved it. Just wonderful. Thank you.

ninge

This looks great! Can you take a more wide angle shot of the whole building structure? Since losing my mantle last week I'm struggling with how to define the layout for my modulars and I'm thinking a layout like this is the way to go.

Sure! Here's the plan my wife made to figure out the layout:

And here is a complete 360 of the room showing how it all fits together. The room is actually pretty small and also my home office so we had to work out how it was all going to fit around me having a proper workspace! Monitor/laptop riser means we have a nice area for a train yard :D

Sorry about the mess - this is still very much a work in progress and we plan to redecorate the room, replace the curtains with blinds and generally tidy the place up if we eventually get something even approaching a free weekend!

And if you were wondering how the train makes it over the gap where the door is.... removable bridge! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom