• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Amazon UK seems to have the Rogue One sets for a significant discount. Krennics Shuttle for £53 seems like a easy buy to me.

Amazon UK seems to have the Rogue One sets for a significant discount. Krennics Shuttle for £53 seems like a easy buy to me.

I expect they're matching Argos' 3 for 2 on toys, they tend to.

That Batman trailer is brilliant. Hope that film can live up to the trailers because they've all had me in stitches

namtab37

Neo Member
w1KxyMy.jpg

Hagi

Wow that first set is pretty amazing. Poison Ivy as well!! Definitely in for that and more than likely the Joker car.

ghostmind

November/January wave:

70900 The Joker Balloon Escape; 124pcs; $14.99
70901 Mr. Freeze Ice Attack; 201pcs; $19.99
70902 Catwoman Catcycle Chase
70903 The Riddler Riddle Racer
70904 Clayface Splat Attack
70905 The Batmobile; 581pcs; $59.99
70906 The Joker Notorious Lowrider; 433pcs; $49.99
70907 {Killer Croc set}
70908 The Scuttler; 775pcs; $79.99
70909 Batcave Break-In; 1,045pcs; $99.99
70910 ??? (retailer exclusive)
70911 Penguin's Limo
70912 Arkham Asylum; 1,628pcs; $149.99

Hagi

November/January wave:

70907 {Killer Croc set}
70911 Penguin's Limo

Do we have a good idea which sets are out this month? I'm low key getting hyped for some of these. Really want to see what the Catwoman set looks like and Penguins Limo. I'm scared that I might like them all...plus there's the CMF to worry about...

Ponn

Banned
November/January wave:

70907 {Killer Croc set}
70911 Penguin's Limo

CLAYFACE!!

Last round of Batman movie pics were kinda meh to me. This round has me back excited. That Scuttler is all kinds of awesome. I can't make all of the figs though, is that one in the middle Gordon with a gun? We are getting a Gordon fig right?

Edit: They better have a moment in the movie with this and the villains just go "Jesus Christ, what the hell is that?"

Maengun1

Ughhhhh I have never had a problem avoiding the superhero Lego themes. Not out of a particular dislike or anything, they're just always low enough priority for me to ignore + a usual focus on play features isn't up my alley to begin with. I have the Hulkbuster and the 6860 Batcave that I impulse bought on a 50% clearance one day and that's IT.

But I loooove all these Lego Batman movie sets, they're looking so great. Wallet doomed.

Ughhhhh I have never had a problem avoiding the superhero Lego themes. Not out of a particular dislike or anything, they're just always low enough priority for me to ignore + a usual focus on play features isn't up my alley to begin with. I have the Hulkbuster and the 6860 Batcave that I impulse bought on a 50% clearance one day and that's IT.

But I loooove all these Lego Batman movie sets, they're looking so great. Wallet doomed.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the movie and the sets.

Rootbeer

Banned
The Scuttler is incredible!

The LEGO Batman Movie theme is going to rival The LEGO Movie in terms of awesome sets, for sure.

Let's not underestimate The LEGO Ninjago Movie... it's gonna be right up there, you can feel it.

The LEGO Batman Movie theme is going to rival The LEGO Movie in terms of awesome sets, for sure.

Let's not underestimate The LEGO Ninjago Movie... it's gonna be right up there, you can feel it.

I won't, but.... ever since i learned this movie is supposed to have totally different voice actors and apparently it won't even have the same characters at ALL (only the same in names) my hype has decreased quite significantly :(

Also: Why didn't we get a serious Ninjago GAME yet? You know, in the vein of the Lego Batman games etc., not those stupid smartphone games...

ghostmind

Do we have a good idea which sets are out this month? I'm low key getting hyped for some of these. Really want to see what the Catwoman set looks like and Penguins Limo. I'm scared that I might like them all...plus there's the CMF to worry about...

As I understand it, the four November 27th sets are:

The rest will be officially released on January 1st, and then we'll also have a summer wave.

Hagi

As I understand it, the four November 27th sets are:

The rest will be officially released on January 1st, and then we'll also have a summer wave.

That's interesting the one I know I'll buy is definitely the Lowrider. Not too keen on the rest of the first wave but that could change depending on reviews.

wetwired

Hard to make out all of them but I did the Batsub at 1:02, it's changed a little though, the body area looks like it's been rebuilt with bricks whereas I had to upsidedown boat hulls

There's a battruck I made on the back left at 1:01 and obviously the Burton one

The bat boat on the right a split second after that.

at least 6 of the bat boats at 0:28

I'll have to take some screengrabs when I get a chance

wetwired

I don't think the Ninjago movie is gonna have as wide appeal as TLM or TLBM to be honest. I'm into lego and I'm even I'm not terribly interested in it

This movie looks fucking incredible and that Scuttler Bat-Mech looks AMAZING. I want a lot of these sets but that's the first one I feel like I 100% NEED to have.

Ponn

Banned
The Lego Batman Movie Batcave >>> The Classic TV Series Batcave AND is near 1/3 of the price.

I respectively disagree. The Lego Movie Batcave was one of my disappointed reveals along with the Arkham set. They've done much better with past sets on both counts. The figs, Batmobile, Bat-Copter and prints alone make the Classic TV Batcave the better set.

Probably have to buy a few of these, those tanks with the flamable logo look useful

If they are stickers, it would be more cost effective to just buy the stickers via Bricklink or something. If printed, still probably more cost effective Bricklinking unless you want a bunch of Batmen and Jokers for gifts or something. $15 a pricey for a parts pack and minifigs that will be tough to unload.

So excited for Batman set minifigs and Batman CMFs!

EDIT: Looks like Batman movie is forcing me to focus on my primary theme which is Super Heroes. Gonna have to cut back on other themes.

I respectively disagree. The Lego Movie Batcave was one of my disappointed reveals along with the Arkham set. They've done much better with past sets on both counts. The figs, Batmobile, Bat-Copter and prints alone make the Classic TV Batcave the better set.

I'm sorry but can't look beyond the excessive use of stickers, "loose" computer panels, and lack of Wayne Manor.

The Classic TV series Batcave warranted something on par with the Ghostbusters HQ.

Honestly the Batmobile is a terrible representation. Like Ghostbusters, they should have focused on the building and released Bat-mobile as a seperate set.

While it's filled with "nice touches" these really should be the cherry on-top, not major selling points.

wetwired

I'm sorry but can't look beyond the excessive use of stickers, "loose" computer panels, and lack of Wayne Manor.

The Classic TV series Batcave warranted something on par with the Ghostbusters HQ.

Honestly the Batmobile is a terrible representation. Like Ghostbusters, they should have focused on the building and released Bat-mobile as a seperate set.

While it's filled with "nice touches" these really should be the cherry on-top, not major selling points.

Batcave is hard as there's no real exterior, there's no way to realistically do an all encompassing, self contained version of it like the firehouse. As much as I'd love one. I do wonder if they would have been better off ditching the wayne manor elements and focusing on fleshing out the cave more and be less of a collection of stand-alone builds and one single continuous build.

A wayne manor stand-alone like the firehouse would be awesome also.

I don't mind the batmobile though, obviously the first thing I did was remove the stud shooters.

Reminder that TRU $25 gift card with $100+ purchase ends tomorrow.

That's an awesome deal combined with any sets on sale. I was able to get LEGO Elves Queen Dragon's Rescue (41179) 20% off plus the $25 gift card which is basically 25% off if you spend $100. Bought a few other items that were MSRP.

Finally got 76067 Tanker Truck Takedown

Freakin annoying that they had the exclusive overpriced Cole minifig on the shelves but couldn't ring it up. Not supposed to be on sale until 11/11.

Got LEGO Elves Queen Dragon's Rescue (41179) which was also 20% off MSRP.

Did find a bunch of the Chicken Suit CMF set. It's sold out online, but this store had a lot. Picked up 2 just to round my purchase to around $100.

Really good deals can be found at TRU if one knows which are jacked up prices and which are MSRP.

Still no Creepy Geoffrey Giraffe set. :(

EDIT: Looked at Batman movie photos again. Man, Joker's coat tails are frickin' long.

Batcave is hard as there's no real exterior, there's no way to realistically do an all encompassing, self contained version of it like the firehouse. As much as I'd love one. I do wonder if they would have been better off ditching the wayne manor elements and focusing on fleshing out the cave more and be less of a collection of stand-alone builds and one single continuous build.

A wayne manor stand-alone like the firehouse would be awesome also.

I don't mind the batmobile though, obviously the first thing I did was remove the stud shooters.
I appreciate this. The biggest sin is the stud exposed main wall. It's just kills it's value as display set.
Other stuff they dropped the ball on:
1. Lack of Batmobile rotating platform
2. Upper catwalk on the Atomic Pile.
3. Poor representation of Batcave accessories (the actual Batcomputer (with cheesy label) no Batphone in Batcave, generic cabinet and chem set)

wetwired

I appreciate this. The biggest sin is the stud exposed main wall. It's just kills it's value as display set.
Other stuff they dropped the ball on:
1. Lack of Batmobile rotating platform
2. Upper catwalk on the Atomic Pile.
3. Poor representation of Batcave accessories (the actual Batcomputer (with cheesy label) no Batphone in Batcave, generic cabinet and chem set)

I Just quickly googled to see if someone had "fixed" it and done a MOC using it as a basis, I can't find anything more than a thumbnail to an unrelated youtube video but someone has done a bit more with it...I wish I could find more pics.

mqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom