• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

Do we know if there's any new Rebels sets coming?

I want an Ashoka minifig, but haven't quite reached the point where I'll pay for JUST a minifig and I'm not a fan of the Combat Frigate.

The Phantom just came out with a new Kanan minifig, Chopper, and... THRAWN!

Speaking of which, I got lucky with mine: I got two Thrawn heads! I'd already hacked together my own version with Cad Bane's head and Admiral Yularen's body, so I replaced that and now I have two (relatively) accurate minifigs of one of my favourite Star Wars EU characters :)

Nodnol

The Phantom just came out with a new Kanan minifig, Chopper, and... THRAWN!

Speaking of which, I got lucky with mine: I got two Thrawn heads! I'd already hacked together my own version with Cad Bane's head and Admiral Yularen's body, so I replaced that and now I have two (relatively) accurate minifigs of one of my favourite Star Wars EU characters :)

I want a new, better scaled, Ghost to go with that Phantom though. :-(

I know I'm being picky, but that Ashoka is like £30 on Bricklink. It's insane what some are asking for some of the minifigs!

I want a new, better scaled, Ghost to go with that Phantom though. :-(

I know I'm being picky, but that Ashoka is like £30 on Bricklink. It's insane what some are asking for some of the minifigs!
I wonder if Rebels is popular enough to get a Ghost UCS some day. As a fan of the show I would love one. I didn't like it at first because of the obvious parallel to MF but it has really grown on me.

Nodnol

I wonder if Rebels is popular enough to get a Ghost UCS some day. As a fan of the show I would love one. I didn't like it at first because of the obvious parallel to MF but it has really grown on me.

Rebels in general has grown on me tremendously. There's some genuinely brilliant moments, "proper" Star Wars. Some of the additions to the universe are great.

Ponn

Banned

herewego.gif It's time for Christmas part two!

1) Look, another fig pack!! Beach themed too.

2) That Bus pack looks awesome and comes with useful parts. I need an extra wheelchair for my Prof. X fig.

3) That Elves Castle is fucking dope as hell!!

4) Oh that Pegasus, so close to having a flying Unicorn for Deadpool

5) That Advent Calendar with Santa and the snowblower. Ha.

6) Hmmmmmm....The Star Wars calendar has a Millennium Falcon build...hmmmmmm!!

Why does Friends get all the cool themes?

LEGO City lacks education, swimming pools, amusement parks, hotels, ski resorts, etc.
If I were a minifig, I'd move to Heartlake City where there is no crime or need for police.

I really like the Elves sets. Not enough that I'd get most of them, but they really catch my attention. I will probably get a few of them and/or Bricklink a lot of the parts.

ghostmind

Halloween seasonal set:

75nkg7Y.jpg

Anyone else like holding lego models in their hands a lot? Sounds kind of weird but whenever I'm watching TV or reading stuff I like to hold lego models in my hand and do things like spin wheels, open and close stuff, etc. Displaying isnt enough for me lol.

Elves castle doesn't do much for me (too much green) but I will have to get that dragon along with the one that releases this spring.

Neat stuff in City, I could use a bus that doesn't come in a $100+ set.

Oh my god that new Elves castle. My kid is gonna lose her shit when I show that to her tomorrow

Such an awesome theme. My daughter seems to have lost interest in Friends more or less entirely in the wake of Elves. She plays with them every single day and has constructed such elaborate histories and relationships for the various dragons and elves. The buildings look so cool when you get a bunch of them together.

...when she goes to college I am going to build ALL of them ;p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyone else like holding lego models in their hands a lot? Sounds kind of weird but whenever I'm watching TV or reading stuff I like to hold lego models in my hand and do things like spin wheels, open and close stuff, etc. Displaying isnt enough for me lol.

Someone should moc a Lego fidget toy.

Woke up to both breakfast cake & the realization that my wife forgot that this isn't actually my 40th (41st).

Cake was enjoyed, followed by washing the icing out of the Snowtrooper skirts like an OCD man child.

The girls were told they could pick a set that they "knew I would like". I don't know what I expected.

Woke up to both breakfast cake & the realization that my wife forgot that this isn't actually my 40th (41st).

Cake was enjoyed, followed by washing the icing out of the Snowtrooper skirts like an OCD man child.

The girls were told they could pick a set that they "knew I would like". I don't know what I expected.

I have to say you have an incredible wife!

Edited: And Happy Birthday!

Hagi

I need to see a non blurry picture but the new Vaders Transformation looks a bit strange. It's more filled out and has one of those gears at the front to I suppose raise or turn the table. The medical droid is huge and more detailed this time as well but I still don't think it looks right. I do like that they have done the floor around the table but it looks like they stopped mid build. If it's the same price as the Carbonite chamber I might get it.

Someone should moc a Lego fidget toy.

Coincidentally my son has been asking me to buy a fidget cube he saw advertised on the web. Last night he made his own fidget cube with LEGO. I was proud. For whatever reasons, both my kids don't like to build much. They tend not to finish building sets also.

She may have put 40 on purpose as your "fixed" age. Happy Birthday!

Someone here was looking for the Ghost a little while back. I found one at local hobby store. If you are in the US and want me to pick it up it's $120 (not sure if that's a good price) plus shipping. PM me if interested. I am in Washington / Oregon area.

Dfgw5D1.jpg

He blends right in doesn't he?

VqQTCpL.jpg

Talking about Tartan Batman of course! Almost as if he came with the set...

Tartan Batman likes his Han Solo medium rare.

Nice setup. Ewok village looks really nice. I'm starting to have "not buying it" remorse. That and the Sandcrawler are must haves for OT stuff. Oh well, I'll drown my misery in LEGO Super Hero theme which is higher on my list anyways.

Osahi

I need to see a non blurry picture but the new Vaders Transformation looks a bit strange. It's more filled out and has one of those gears at the front to I suppose raise or turn the table. The medical droid is huge and more detailed this time as well but I still don't think it looks right. I do like that they have done the floor around the table but it looks like they stopped mid build. If it's the same price as the Carbonite chamber I might get it.

Where did you see this blurry pix? It wasn't in Ghostminds leak, was it?

BahamutPT

Since this set is retiring soon and I don't see it going down in price, I decided to bite as a fan of the show.
[Saw it cheaper @ Amazon UK a few weeks ago, but it isn't really an option ever since they removed free shipping to Portugal a couple years back, even with the post-Brexit currency rates :(]

Really happy with how it looks as a display model!

Since this set is retiring soon and I don't see it going down in price, I decided to bite as a fan of the show.
[Saw it cheaper @ Amazon UK a few weeks ago, but it isn't really an option ever since they removed free shipping to Portugal a couple years back, even with the post-Brexit currency rates :(]

Really happy with how it looks as a display model!

Fez's are cool.

I'm sad that LEGO probably won't all the Doctor incarnations.

This is obviously going to be YMMV, but if anyone is still looking for the advent calendars...

42Lh3e8.jpg

...check your local Walmart.

EDIT:
Isn't this weird for Advent Calendars? They usually sell out well before Christmas and start going for above MSRP before Christmas, especially the Star Wars one. I wonder if Lego upped the production on them this past year.
I can't speak to that, only what I saw. Stopped there to pick up some stuff for supper, and spotted 3-4 of each type on tables with other clearance toys. Also spotted were some LEGO Friends sets, DUPLO sets, a Nexo Knights castle set for $30, those Star Wars build-a-figure things from the Force Awakens, and a Star Wars tank for $25 which I'm actually debating going back for as it was a $100+ set.

EDIT #2: Went back and all of the Star Wars stuff was gone along with the advent sets and the Nexo Knights castle. Oh well.

Ponn

Banned
This is obviously going to be YMMV, but if anyone is still looking for the advent calendars...

42Lh3e8.jpg

...check your local Walmart.

Isn't this weird for Advent Calendars? They usually sell out well before Christmas and start going for above MSRP before Christmas, especially the Star Wars one. I wonder if Lego upped the production on them this past year.

Anyone else wish legos capes were a more consistent material? It's so annoying getting minifigs with those super crinkly capes as I'm constantly worried of accidentally crumbling them. The king in the kings mech has a big fold on his cape due to pushing up against the bricks. Also it's a dust magnet. I was pleased to see that the batman figure in the Lego Batman sets has a cloth cape that cant be folded if you tried. I wish all Lego capes were like that.

I have some lego gift cards left from Christmas and I'm trying to decide if I want to go in on Ninjago or Nexo Knights. I don't have any Nexo Knights sets, and the only Ninjago set I have is the Rattlecopter.

If I get Ninjago I will probably get the Temple of Airjitsu, the Lighthouse Siege, and City of Styx (and a little down the road, Dawn of Iron Doom)

If I go with Nexo Knights I will probably get the Rumble Blade, Jestro's Volcanic Lair, Falcon Fighter Blaster and Lance's Twin Jouster. And maybe a couple of Star Wars sets, like the AT-ST and Tie Striker

Which is the better line right now? I should note I'm more interested in display pieces so I'm leaning towards the Ninjago buildings. Or maybe just the Temple and the two Star Wars sets. Any thoughts?

It definitely varies from year to year. I remember the 2012 Star Wars Advent calendar. They must have produced a ton of those as they were on clearance everywhere.
After that year, I have never seen any Star Wars Advent calendar on sale after holidays (mainly because they were sold out before December). I did notice this years lasted on the shelves a bit longer, but still sold out around me (Southern California).

I also think part of the production numbers are based on retail store orders.

I have some lego gift cards left from Christmas and I'm trying to decide if I want to go in on Ninjago or Nexo Knights. I don't have any Nexo Knights sets, and the only Ninjago set I have is the Rattlecopter.

If I get Ninjago I will probably get the Temple of Airjitsu, the Lighthouse Siege, and City of Styx (and a little down the road, Dawn of Iron Doom)

If I go with Nexo Knights I will probably get the Rumble Blade, Jestro's Volcanic Lair, Falcon Fighter Blaster and Lance's Twin Jouster. And maybe a couple of Star Wars sets, like the AT-ST and Tie Striker

Which is the better line right now? I should note I'm more interested in display pieces so I'm leaning towards the Ninjago buildings. Or maybe just the Temple and the two Star Wars sets. Any thoughts?

Depends on your interests. I have a preference for Ninjago stuff, but Nexo Knights has some sets that are really nice. I also like the bad guys in Nexo Knights.

I own, but have not built Temple of Airjitsu. I think you can't go wrong with that set.

The unsung heroes of the Nexo Knights line?

I'd vote for these guys. Love the aesthetic of these little monster dudes.

I also like the bad guys in Nexo Knights. I don't think they are unsung heroes (technically they are villains). Those brick built villains have an action figure vibe and probably appeal to kids a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom