• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an offer to buy a brand new unopened 10179 for 2500$.
One part of me screams ''buy it and build it'' or ''buy it and sell it for profit''.
But if i try to think clear for a moment i think i'm just gonna wait for the new one that's hopefully not that far away.......

I'd be very wary of trying to make a profit off of it. There are so many ways you can get the short end of the stick as a seller these days. If you've got the funds, buy and build!

Is there a big, transparent piece that makes it look like a spaceship is currently hovering?

I've used clear versions of this for some stands:

6003198.jpg

They work well and I believe there are two different sizes.

willp2003

I got an offer to buy a brand new unopened 10179 for 2500$.
One part of me screams ''buy it and build it'' or ''buy it and sell it for profit''.
But if i try to think clear for a moment i think i'm just gonna wait for the new one that's hopefully not that far away.......

If money isn't important go for it, but personally I couldn't justify it, and you'd have to be happy spending that money with the possibility we might get a newer version in the next 6-12 months. Who knows what that will do to the aftermarket price of 10179...

I'd be very wary of trying to make a profit off of it. There are so many ways you can get the short end of the stick as a seller these days.

I know and it's really not what i want.
But if all the rumors are true than it's likely to get a new UCS Falcon this year.
It's the last big UCS Set that i don't have in my collection and it's driving me crazy, lol.

Is there a big, transparent piece that makes it look like a spaceship is currently hovering?

I'd be very wary of trying to make a profit off of it. There are so many ways you can get the short end of the stick as a seller these days. If you've got the funds, buy and build!

I've used clear versions of this for some stands:

[IG]http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6003198.jpg[/IMG]

They work well and I believe there are two different sizes.

Wasn't there a transparent big wing piece tail from a newer Wonder Woman set that could work?

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87614&idColor=12#T=C&C=12

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wasn't there a transparent big wing piece tail from a newer new Wonder Woman set that could work?

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87614&idColor=12#T=C&C=12

Exactly what I need. Thank you! Will be great to bring some variation in my Star Wars Display.
Now I only need a transparent 2x4 brick in the standard size - This is a bit to high for Lukes Speeder.
I really need to look into Bricklink later I guess :D

Also, Lego has started shipping my replacement parts. Its somehow one of three different replacement orders now and I have no idea why they seperate, but its great that they started.

Ponn

Banned
Exactly what I need. Thank you! Will be great to bring some variation in my Star Wars Display.
Now I only need a transparent 2x4 brick in the standard size - This is a bit to high for Lukes Speeder.
I really need to look into Bricklink later I guess :D

Also, Lego has started shipping my replacement parts. Its somehow one of three different replacement orders now and I have no idea why they seperate, but its great that they started.

That wing piece is useful. Also when pricks and pieces was up I was able to order a bunch of those large half cylinder pieces in two sizes in transparent.

Those of you that say they don't have enough space for more LEGO, man up (or woman up) and just put it in the middle of the room.

26065295863_30a7eb2b91_b.jpg

Bonus Pic 4: More Lighting or Contrast? by raskolnikov268, on Flickr

He has some instructions for some AT-ATs for any interested. I haven't even built my AT-AT (most recent LEGO version) yet. It's backlogged.
30319815374_0f2d4aa637_b.jpg

Plus Size AT-AT Instructions by raskolnikov268, on Flickr

Level 1: Canteen by raskolnikov268, on Flickr

Dat Vader getting lunch.

iuuk

Has anyone here ever had a set where most blocks just really didn't seem up to quality? I recently built the brick bank and there were huge gaps and size differences. I know there's a small margin of error / allowed size difference, but these differences were terrible. The bricks themselves also felt cheaper (harder, like 70's LEGO), but that might have been some placebo effect.

Pics:

Almost felt like I was building a Chinese rip-off. I'm thinking of contacting LEGO, because it actually diminished my building experience.

Markus

For Canadians, Walmart.ca just put a bunch of new items on clearance online at 50% off. A bunch of items sold out quick, but a couple things like Anakins Custom Starfighter are still available. You might get lucking and find them at the same discount in-store or even get lucky and price match them somewhere (I've had TrU price match out of stock items before)

http://www.walmart.ca/search/lego/N-31+32

rataven

Whoa LEGO GAF, I feel like I hit a clearance jackpot at my local Meijer.

I'd been meaning to pick-up a handful of Elves sets that Lego decided to go and pull out of production before I could. I've been eyeing the after market and it was just too gloomy so figured I'd live without them....until I stopped by Meijer and found ALL of the sets I'd wanted, at 50% off. They had a good amount of Star Wars and out of production Friends sets at half off too. Crazy luck. I almost had to wonder why Meijer would even bother carrying so much Lego if it didn't sell, but I'm not complaining.

Maddog

For Canadians, Walmart.ca just put a bunch of new items on clearance online at 50% off. A bunch of items sold out quick, but a couple things like Anakins Custom Starfighter are still available. You might get lucking and find them at the same discount in-store or even get lucky and price match them somewhere (I've had TrU price match out of stock items before)

http://www.walmart.ca/search/lego/N-31+32

Also don't trust the Walmart store inventory checker. I've had it say stores had no stock when they do and vice versa.

Whoa LEGO GAF, I feel like I hit a clearance jackpot at my local Meijer.

I'd been meaning to pick-up a handful of Elves sets that Lego decided to go and pull out of production before I could. I've been eyeing the after market and it was just too gloomy so figured I'd live without them....until I stopped by Meijer and found ALL of the sets I'd wanted, at 50% off. They had a good amount of Star Wars and out of production Friends sets at half off too. Crazy luck. I almost had to wonder why Meijer would even bother carrying so much Lego if it didn't sell, but I'm not complaining.

No pics?

Has anyone here ever had a set where most blocks just really didn't seem up to quality? I recently built the brick bank and there were huge gaps and size differences. I know there's a small margin of error / allowed size difference, but these differences were terrible. The bricks themselves also felt cheaper (harder, like 70's LEGO), but that might have been some placebo effect.

Pics:

Almost felt like I was building a Chinese rip-off. I'm thinking of contacting LEGO, because it actually diminished my building experience.

My Brick Bank feels a tiny bit mismatched, but nothing like that. You should contact them. The modulars have tons of parts and big, flat walls so it stands out more, but that's a bit much. I noticed that my Assembly Square has two batches of sand green as well, with a noticable difference in colour, but for a wall it actually looks good that way.

rataven

Also don't trust the Walmart store inventory checker. I've had it say stores had no stock when they do and vice versa.

No pics?

I didn't even think to take any while I was there but probably should have. They had so much on clearance. There's another Meijer within driving distance so I may head there after work just to see if there's anything different.

As for the sets I picked up, just four of last years Elves dragon sets. I'll take some pics once I have the sets all built.

wetwired

Bricklink can be quite the hand full, but the new tools they put in place in the year+ since I last used it are great.

I've used the new wanted list buy all features before but it seemed to be broken when I tried this time, when I selected "cheapest" it was actually more expensive than "less store" or whatever the options were called. On top of that it was trying to buy little bits of my quantity from one store and the rest from others, but not at a cheaper rate than other stores where I could buy them all in on place

Koren

It's all for my next custom minifigs to sell so u fortunately not on Lego parts I can use myself
I expected this, but that's a lot for minifigs...

I hope that means your sales are good. The three X-sets you sold are on my shelf, and I really like them. Maybe I'll be your customer again ;)

More spacemen?

Out of curiosity, btw, why did you choose the more modern helmets for spacemen? Availability?

I've used the new wanted list buy all features before but it seemed to be broken when I tried this time, when I selected "cheapest" it was actually more expensive than "less store" or whatever the options were called. On top of that it was trying to buy little bits of my quantity from one store and the rest from others, but not at a cheaper rate than other stores where I could buy them all in on place

To be honest I haven't actually tried them or used them in great detail, but it just looked to me to be super useful.

I'm just glad they finally updated bricklink so that it doesn't look like an early 2000s site anymore

Haha, yeah, I definitely noticed that when I was buying some pieces the other week.

It's still a little bit of a chore to get everything you want sometimes, but it was WAY easy than I remember it being years ago when I used it last (probably 5 or more years ago).

Koren

To be honest I haven't actually tried them or used them in great detail, but it just looked to me to be super useful.
I haven't used the tools that look for the cheapest stores, but the whole wanted list system is just great. I would just like to be able to save/load those.

wetwired

I expected this, but that's a lot for minifigs...

I hope that means your sales are good. The three X-sets you sold are on my shelf, and I really like them. Maybe I'll be your customer again ;)

More spacemen?

Out of curiosity, btw, why did you choose the more modern helmets for spacemen? Availability?

Yeah, more spacemen, 2 new packs of 3 (Pearl Gold, Dark Red, Dark Blue and Lime, Orange and Dark Tan and a pack with only 2 (chrome gold and silver)

Yes, the old helmets are only available in the original classic space colours

Taisaijin

Yeah, more spacemen, 2 new packs of 3 (Pearl Gold, Dark Red, Dark Blue and Lime, Orange and Dark Tan and a pack with only 2 (chrome gold and silver)

Yes, the old helmets are only available in the original classic space colours

Can't wait, put me on the list, boss!!

I'm thinking of shelling out the cash but can't decide between Onyx Black and Obsidian Black. Do we know if they'll be bringing out any models in a very dark grey?
I think Smokey Black might be your best bet. I think it might get a little bit better insurance rate too. Also if you look at Black next to Super Black, Black starts to look like very dark grey.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Finished Pet Shop today. Modulars are too good this was such a mistake.

I just bought the Pet Shop today (first modular building) My daughter and I are building a Lego city. I was planning on using my 4x8 table for an O Gauge layout, but this seems more fun and probably cheaper, yes O gauge is incredibly expensive.

Osahi

Batman Movie sets arrived in my go-to toy shop, but every single one of them follows the recommended price. Usually they go a bit below that. Guess I'll wait untill prices drop to get my fix (I'll have the Batmobile, Lowrider, Scutler and Clayface, thank you). Only the Arctic Roller was nowhere to be seen, so I'll get that one from S@H. Any news if the mini batwing will hit Europe any time soon?

iuuk

My Brick Bank feels a tiny bit mismatched, but nothing like that. You should contact them. The modulars have tons of parts and big, flat walls so it stands out more, but that's a bit much. I noticed that my Assembly Square has two batches of sand green as well, with a noticable difference in colour, but for a wall it actually looks good that way.

Yeah, I'm used to colour/size differences, bit this one felt particularly bad. I did contact LEGO with my problems and they said they were sorry to hear that, would send my complaints to quality control and send me a piece I was missing, and that seemed to be that. Later, however, I also got an e-mail stating my LEGO 'order' for 60150 Pizza bestelwagen V29 has shipped, for €0.00. Their e-mail made no mention of this, but if this is compensation rather than a mistake that's a very nice way to handle this.
That would mean I basically got this for free. Nice little set.

Osahi

Milano V2 looks (a lot!) smaller indeed. But will be mine if the price is right. Any release window yet? (Still sad I didn't pick the first one up when I had the chance)

Just ordered The Scuttler on Amazon.de, 15 euro's below RRP. Jokers lowrider and the Batmobile are similary lowpriced, but I'll space my purchases out a bit.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Milano V2 looks (a lot!) smaller indeed. But will be mine if the price is right. Any release window yet? (Still sad I didn't pick the first one up when I had the chance)
Only £50 apparently. Keen to get the (second) smaller one for Yondu and Nebula to fly in :p

Not a fan of the new one. Unless there's a new design for the Milano, it's not only smaller it also looks less accurate. The ship isn't angled enough like the old one so it looks kind of awkward and the choice of orange instead of of yellow is odd cause the stripes are clearly yellow. Also now the stripes aren't continuing to the back of the ship. It's missing a lot of the fin details too.

Although I do really like that new canopy piece. Much better than the other one they used.

Maddog

I found a brand new v1 Milano last week and am definitely glad I didn't wait for this years model. I'm curious to see what the interior of the new one will be like however. I really enjoy the window at the back of the v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom