• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Only £50 apparently. Keen to get the (second) smaller one for Yondu and Nebula to fly in :p

Hope that translates to 60 or 65 euro. The v1 is clearly better, but you have to take what you can. I'll probably get the Ravager set too, just to get Rocket.

Also: is that a Milano wingtip next to the tree in that set? Will she crash?

Ponn

Banned
More leaks, I need MORE!! Nom nom nom

I'm actually kind of worried they won't be able to top last year because it had some real highs. This year has alot of potential with some great movies to tie in themes with Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnarok and GoTG 2 (though we know what we are getting there). We will be getting Episode 8 sets so thats going to be a heck of an end cap for the last half of the year.. This year could be crazy insane if they go all in.

My top wants are

UCS Batman Movie Batwing
UCS Millennium Falcon
A Spider-Man set with a proper huge building build. Spidey Bridge Battle was just so great and such a great step in the right direction I just want them to continue on that.
A really, really good gladiator Hulk fig. To be able to fight The Rock big fig.

3N16MA

Banned
LEGO Cloud City needs to happen (I would prefer UCS). The last set is 14 years old and the aftermarket prices are ridiculous.

The Fred Meyer near me has a 20% off of all LEGO, including all the new Batman movie sets.

Got a few Batman Minifig bags and the Clayface set. Ended up getting the one minifig I really wanted (the Robin wearing the old TV show outfit and includes the Shark repellent spray).

5HSS5wW.jpg

Was hoping for a Drax Big Fig. Oh, well.

Also, discount Milano.

I...kinda like mini Milano. Obviously the first iteration is top tier product but this one doesn't look too bad. It's about the only one out of these sets that I would get.

Rootbeer

Banned
New Milano is a downgrade... I still want all 3 sets though. For the minifigures and parts at least!

Also found this polybag at Target. Kinda dig it.

3XJxJBRl.jpg

Osahi

According to amazon.de the new Milano is only 50 euro. Hard to believe, though it might in fact be low on pieces. Tempted to just order it for the price guarantee

Not feeling those GotG sets at all. Since Marvel Superheroes is kinda off for me, thankful I will pass them.

Resisting the urge to get Moana set, but falling for the Batman Lego Movie ones...

my mother texted me the set photo of the new milano saying "i'm buying this, taking out baby groot, and sending the rest to you." i guess it'll go next to her other handful of movie character minifigures. groot and the hobbits getting cozy. it'll be pretty funny. guess there's no doubt of where i got the nerd-toy habits from.

but hey, free ship parts!

my mother texted me the set photo of the new milano saying "i'm buying this, taking out baby groot, and sending the rest to you." i guess it'll go next to her other handful of movie character minifigures. groot and the hobbits getting cozy. it'll be pretty funny. guess there's no doubt of where i got the nerd-toy habits from.

Your mom is awesome

My own mother, who has made fun of my LEGO habit mercilessly for years, seems to be circling her first set: the Parisian Restaurant. Diving right into the deep end. She told me she is gonna grab it once she figures out where she would display it.

She has no idea, once you pop that modular top, you can't stop

Good deal. You just need to buy the 2 smaller sets. Hopefully the baby Groot in the smaller set is identical to the one in Milano.

Just finished penguin's arctic roller. Love it, really unique design. The use of hot air balloon pieces is genius. Not sure why so many people think these batman vehicles are so huge though, yeah its not CITY scale but its not too ridiculous. If anything, in my opinion 8 wide vehicles should be standard, as thats the minimum for having two minifigures sitting side by side. And its one of the reasons why the Low Rider is one of my favorite lego minifigure scale cars. Its pretty rare to get a lego vehicle that lets two minifigures sit side by side like a real car.

Hmmm. Distribution is really strange. There's new Creator, Batman, Star Wars, Friends, City and Nexo Knights, but nothing DC Girls or Disney, even though they are on S@H. It also seems that the A-Wing and the Arctic Roller are exclusives because no stores have them.

So how did everybody end up liking the Disney Castle? I have some Lego cash to spend from Christmas...I go back and forth on whether or not I want to commit so much of it to this set.

How is it as a display piece? It always looks nice in the store.

So how did everybody end up liking the Disney Castle? I have some Lego cash to spend from Christmas...I go back and forth on whether or not I want to commit so much of it to this set.

It is amazing as a display piece, as long as you aren't viewing it from the side. From the front or back, it's perfect. I will say, I am going to be adding more studs for the actual castle tower part to sit on. It feels way too loose as is, and too close to the rear of the model. It's basically sitting on it's own weight.

I can't say enough amazing things about it. There's so many little touches. Interesting build techniques and I loved seeing how certain parts came together to form the structures I know so well. I have an intensely personal connection to Disney and this castle and I absolutely love it.

It SHOULD have come with more minfigs though, at least the full sensational six. A molded Pluto like Scooby and a Goofy using the longer minifig legs that Woody had. For the price, there is really no excuse not including them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe just in Sweden. I did track it down at TRU, while all the DC Girls sets seem to be exclusive to BR, while the Arctic Roller remains exclusive only to S@H. So I'd have to make a bunch of orders anyway :/
Its not avaiable in germany, too :/ I thought it will release later...

Koren

It is amazing as a display piece, as long as you aren't viewing it from the side. From the front or back, it's perfect.
Even from the front, I find it far too flat, even if I understand their reasons. Also, the large number of big parts annoys me a lot. I really liked it in the pictures, but I was disappointed when I saw it in a Lego store.

The microbuilds are really nice, though.

(also, I'm not really into minifigs, but having 5, 4 of which were released in the Disney Minifigure series, is disappointing)

Yondu, Nebula... Now bring on a proper Thanos minifig and maybe a Mephisto or something to complete the Lego Cosmic Marvel wet dream.

Also: I still haven't built Milano 1.0 :(

Ponn

Banned
Yondu, Nebula... Now bring on a proper Thanos minifig and maybe a Mephisto or something to complete the Lego Cosmic Marvel wet dream.

Also: I still haven't built Milano 1.0 :(

I got the Thanos mighty micro set and ordered some minifig legs from pick a brick to match him and others I have. It will have to do for now but I love that face on the his mighty micro fig. I really wish they would touch on his infatuation with Death so we could get that minifg but I know it will never happen. To dark for MCU and definitely to dark for Lego, even though they didn't have a problem with genocidal Ronan.

mclem

I adore it. A long, detailed build, tons of nice techniques, and it looks stunning when completed. The only problem I have with it is that I want this to inspire more Disney Parks themed builds. I want to build the Haunted Mansion!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Popped into the Leicester Square Lego store to get the free calendar for VIP members. It's a big store with a surprising amount of space for prime real estate - they've resisted cramming it full of product. Was quite tempted by the mini architecture london skyline, but they didn't seem to have any stock so I left empty-handed.

Finally got the pieces for my mini-modular Pet Shop!
i75af4c.jpg

Had to tweak some sections that the instructions I found online got wrong (some sections didn't fit correctly in real life, and I tweaked some colors to make it more accurate), and I think it ended up looking great compared to the both the full model and the rest of the official mini-modular set.
0d9QrS2.jpg

Osahi

Finally got the pieces for my mini-modular Pet Shop!
i75af4c.jpg

Had to tweak some sections that the instructions I found online got wrong (some sections didn't fit correctly in real life, and I tweaked some colors to make it more accurate), and I think it ended up looking great compared to the both the full model and the rest of the official mini-modular set.
0d9QrS2.jpg

That's awesome. Love the line-up top.

Wish Lego did a set of all 10 modulars in miniform for the tenth anniversary.

Urgh, how I wish there was at least one Logan set this year with the car, Logan, Laura, Xavier and one of the Reavers on a bike or something.

mclem

I thought the Haunted House were designed after the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. I discovered later that the one in the US (at least) is completely different.

Each has a different facade design; Disneyland California's is in a New Orleans style (owing to its position there in New Orleans Square). Walt Disney World's is Gothic - just off Liberty Square - which Tokyo's is similar to, and Paris is in a Western style to fit in with Frontierland.

(As I've said earlier in the thread, another thing I'd love to build in Lego would be a Fantasmic diorama)

papluh

Just today, Amazon UK has 10 GBP off on 50+ GBP purchases from amazon.co.uk seller (no Marketplace)
Worked for me for stuff like Dimensions Sonic Pack (is 50% off)
Code BIGTHANKS to be applied on last page of checkout

BigThanks_Hero_900x210._CB536025612_.jpg

ninge

Just today, Amazon UK has 10 GBP off on 50+ GBP purchases from amazon.co.uk seller (no Marketplace)

Awesome, I had £35 of credit too, so picked up a second city square (with the tram) to combine them together :) The buildings looked a bit weedy compared to the modular buildings so this should really help, and i can extend the tram and cram power functions in to make it remote control!

That's my weekend sorted :p

Scuttler is £65 with this code, from the RRP of £85. Or Joker's Lowrider is £40 (instead of £55). Was tempted by both (and other Movie sets), but ended up getting the Dimensions Batman Movie set instead and some other bits. I think I'll be able to get the Scuttler cheaper, one day.

That's awesome. Love the line-up top.

Wish Lego did a set of all 10 modulars in miniform for the tenth anniversary.
I know! I've wanted that for years.

But I had a lot of fun designing some of these myself. Years ago there was only a photo online of the Mini-Modular Pet Shop and I was able to reverse engineer the majority of it, then I made a scale-accurate Mini Town Hall (which will probably be the next one I Bricklink), and I made a Palace Cinema one too, but I'm only happy with about half of it.

Quite a few people out there had the same idea as me and now you can find instructions for all of them online. Some of them I prefer how I did it (like my Town Hall), but most of them are very, very well done.

Ponn

Banned
If anyone in the US is still looking for creepy Geoffrey, amazon has a couple for around MSRP

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ53JKU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H44X07O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

My
fake
number one Lego set for the year right here folks. Buy buy buy!

So I apologize to whoever was posting the TMNT Megabloks sets earlier but whoever you were forced me to order all the classic Eastman and Laird black and white TMNT sets. If anyone is interested in a review or pics let me know and will post some later. My short review is Totally Awesome, Cowabunga!

My
fake
number one Lego set for the year right here folks. Buy buy buy!

So I apologize to whoever was posting the TMNT Megabloks sets earlier but whoever you were forced me to order all the classic Eastman and Laird black and white TMNT sets. If anyone is interested in a review or pics let me know and will post some later. My short review is Totally Awesome, Cowabunga!

That was probably me. A lot of the oldest ones are dirt cheap on clearance too. Easily available on Amazon when I checked a week or two ago. I got the collector series of them. Got Krang Rampage or whatever for close to 60% off MSRP from Amazon.

Nodnol

Do we know if there's any new Rebels sets coming?

I want an Ashoka minifig, but haven't quite reached the point where I'll pay for JUST a minifig and I'm not a fan of the Combat Frigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom