• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Just sold mine to pay for more LEGO (maybe the Falcon) :(. I love it, but I just don't have room for it (or money if I want to buy more sets).

I'm also considering selling this;
K8xB3pB.png

and I think it's my most loved set after the Imperial Flagship. Money and room for display are a bitch.

When i read that i thought you were talking about something like the SSD... then i looked up the number and it's HH lol... If you leave aside the fence thing then it's pretty much a regular modular footprint? If you don't have the room for that, then that does not bode well for even larger sets :(

For sale, one run down shack. Needs renovation, no running water or cable hookups. Monster infestation issues, logos not aligned.

Will trade for a couple bags of Oreo's or best offer.
A five-year subscription to every horrifying flavor Oreo puts out

Randam

Do we know when we will be able to order the new Millennium Falcon?
I kinda mist when the Saturn V went live. Don't want this to happen again.

Do we know when we will be able to order the new Millennium Falcon?
I kinda mist when the Saturn V went live. Don't want this to happen again.

Speculation on my part, but I believe LEGO will be making more. Millenium Falcon will likely be around for at least 1 year.

DonShula

There's no chance Lego wouldn't make enough of the UCS MF to last through the Han Solo movie next year. It's going to be around for a bit.

Ponn

Banned
A five-year subscription to every horrifying flavor Oreo puts out

Denied.

So Jang must have gotten in on those early ebay Last Jedi listings too. He just put up a review of the BB-8 set. I know people here were interested in that set so worth mentioning. My first reaction is it seems smaller than I imagined but as the review went on I think I got over that. Considering the price its not that bad. The features are well done, not going to get it day one, way too many other sets out there that I want right now. I will keep an eye out for a good sale on it though.

iuuk

When i read that i thought you were talking about something like the SSD... then i looked up the number and it's HH lol... If you leave aside the fence thing then it's pretty much a regular modular footprint? If you don't have the room for that, then that does not bode well for even larger sets :(
It's not so much its specific footprint, but it all adds up. Atm I've got it like this, but it's completely full;
And my modulars;

The HH can still fit on top of my architecture series and some other places, but I can't make everything LEGO.

I really need to limit the kind of sets I want to buy/keep, otherwise I'll destroy the appartment below me with all that weight. If I'm honest I definitely won't have any room for the Falcon, but I'll make room, damnit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think I sold my HH quite soon after buying as it was just sitting in the loft. I just saw prices on bricklink which makes me wish I’d kept it a bit longer..

Don’t think I could ever sell the imperial shuttle

mclem

I thought Lego Masters was fairly enjoyable but every minor deviation from the Bake Off formula made it a worse show.

I enjoyed it, although it feels like a bit of a work-in-progress show right now - little things are bothersome, I think the commentary tone is a little off (too akin to Dave Lamb in Come Dine With Me, I think, which I don't think quite fits this, and I think it's a little too gung-ho, it'd benefit from being a little more subdued); that's the biggest thing that bothered me. Having pairs involved is a good idea, and I liked that there were a few scenes of people helping one another out - very much in the GBBO spirit, that.

I do wonder if they were a little limited in the *variety* of bricks available, what we had seemed largely quite bulky and blocky; that may just be the nature of this first challenge, though, given it was to produce things at a human scale; certainly the trailer for next week suggested some things that were a bit more intricate.

Matthew seems a good fit for the judging, although this early on there's not been that much time for a 'mythos' - for want of a better word - to have built up around the process.

Curious if it took actually place over two days - with a time limit of fourteen hours, plus the logistics of filming, I'd be surprised if they squeezed the whole process into a single contiguous block; if nothing else, assuming an 8am start, that would still be a 10pm finish which seems a bit tough on the younger folk!

Personal favourite?
Adored the chinese banquet and appropriate chair, that was brilliant

Non-UK folks: I've had a look around, and it looks like it is notable enough to have appeared in a number of Naughty Places. If you really want it, it's out there.

DBT85

Lego have opened up back orders for the Saturn V on the UK shop. Ships in a couple of weeks!
Thank you thank you thank you! Finally managed to get the set that got me back in and order my dads bday gift at the same time. Didn't want to risk that it goes out of stock again.

Glad I've got in before MF arrives lol.

papluh

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but the price of 70618 Destiny's Bounty in UK is crazy = £109.99
I mean, compared to the Eur price of 169.99 (for DE/AT) or even 179.99 for some other countries. Most other TLNM sets are one to one, pound to euro. And even the Ninjago City with 269.99 vs 299.99 has the difference in relative and even absolute amount less than the ship set while being almost 2x as much!

If I would order right now from amazon UK, set -is 9% to £99.99, with added postage back to around £108 and with current pound/eur rate, I'd still get around -30% compared to German official price.
Now the -20% from 169.99 eur that I got at TRU does not seem such a good deal :(

Maybe it will help somebody from the EU countries with even higher base price...

Haines

Banned
Decided i want the vw bus to go with my beetle

Any .com deals coming up or am i going to be waiting a while while they push star wars...

Haines

Banned
Just wait for double VIP in October.

And enjoy the VW Camper. Such a wonderful set.

October works perfectly for me.

Me and the kiddo did the little lego piggy bank freebie tonight. Hes really improving at it all, and hes not even 4 til xmas.

The build itself was just fine. Something to jam out before bath. Hes at that age where he loves collecting coins he finds so piggy bank was right up his alley.
might change it to the polar bear version if he wants to bc the pig being white kind of looks silly

Mf is going to be sold out by then, isnt it? :-(

Stores will probably keep stock back for the 1st. They don't want to sell out to just VIPs before the general public release date occurs.
But I wouldn't take any chances on the Falcon. Just look at how hard the Saturn V is to get now. The new Falcon is going to be like catnip to speculators, who will make it very difficult to find.

Just my hunch.

Osahi

Old Fishing Store, which releases on September 1st, could be another set to go out of stock quickly.

You're probably right, but I don't see it become a phenomenon like Saturn V. Saturn V was just the perfect spell of a great looking set, an amazing price and an overlap in interests (I'm under the impression people who are interested in space stuff seem more likely to like Lego too).

But being a sort of modular-type super detailed building with a great look, I see OFS being very popular too. I just don't see it attract so many non-AFOLs like Saturn V did (by which I mean adults who don't regulary buy Lego sets for themselves, but might be tempted by something like Saturn V or VW Camper, ...)

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but the price of 70618 Destiny's Bounty in UK is crazy = £109.99
I mean, compared to the Eur price of 169.99 (for DE/AT) or even 179.99 for some other countries. Most other TLNM sets are one to one, pound to euro. And even the Ninjago City with 269.99 vs 299.99 has the difference in relative and even absolute amount less than the ship set while being almost 2x as much!

If I would order right now from amazon UK, set -is 9% to £99.99, with added postage back to around £108 and with current pound/eur rate, I'd still get around -30% compared to German official price.
Now the -20% from 169.99 eur that I got at TRU does not seem such a good deal :(

Maybe it will help somebody from the EU countries with even higher base price...

Yeah, with the GBP so low compared to the euro (it's 1,08 euro for 1 pound now!), UK prices are becoming very attractive, especially bigger sets priced for a bigger pound/euro difference. I mean, Ninjago City is 270 pounds which translates to around 290 euro, a big difference when in your own country it's 329 euros.

I'm in London next week, so I hope for two things: being able to get some time to go to the Lego Store on Force Friday, and the Pound sticking as low as it is until then :p

It will all depend on my schedule (it's a work related trip) and how close my hotel or the event venue is to Leicester Square though...

Just_one

Force Friday in the Official Lego Store in Portugal(probably for all europe too) will have 3x VIP Points!!

Gonna order BB8 for my sister so thats 15€ right there

papluh

Force Friday in the Official Lego Store in Portugal(probably for all europe too) will have 3x VIP Points!!

Gonna order BB8 for my sister so thats 15€ right there

Same on the landing page of German version of online shop.
But 3xVIP is only for SW sets.

Also Germany based Promobricks claims that :
- sale 20-50% on selected sets, not known which, presumed old ones
- over 30 Euro for Scarif Stormtrooper polybag
- over 55 Euro for First Order Heavy Assault Walker polybag

So far should be in store, no words on online availability.

It's not so much its specific footprint, but it all adds up. Atm I've got it like this, but it's completely full;

And my modulars;

The HH can still fit on top of my architecture series and some other places, but I can't make everything LEGO.

I really need to limit the kind of sets I want to buy/keep, otherwise I'll destroy the appartment below me with all that weight. If I'm honest I definitely won't have any room for the Falcon, but I'll make room, damnit.

Your setup is awesome!

Does Bricklink's auto email to seller button not work?

Emails I sent via that never got received by the seller and I went weeks without a response thinking the seller was a terrible store who didn't want to fix their mistakes.

While writing my negative review, I noticed a "send PM to user" button, and tried, one last time to contact them, and used that, setting it to very important with a "user has read" confirmation.

Within a few hours I learned from them that they never received any of my emails and were going to get me set up with some replacement parts.

Uhh... thanks Bricklink??

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm def going to be buying the Falcon, but I'm waiting until double VIP rolls around. No way I'm dropping $800 without getting a little something back. Go through ebates during double points to soften the blow.

Boogiepop

Just out of curiosity: how cheap can one Bricklink a modified Green Grocer for nowadays? Like, say, no minifigures, color change and reasonable substitutions are cool. I still need to somehow manage to get a Town Hall for an acceptable price first, as that's far more important to me, but I'd be curious as to how difficult it'd be to finish off the modulars (Market Street frankly does nothing for me and looks different enough that I'm cool not counting it, and I have the rest, except for Assembly Square. But it'll be no problem to pick that one up before it rotates out, and then just keep up).

Edit: Also, my local Lego store is just far enough away to be a bit of a journey to get to, but I was thinking of heading out there under the assumption that they'd probably have Ninjago City on display, so I could see it in person to better make a decision on how much I want that. I'm also assuming they should have the Ninjago blind bags, right? Don't think I want anything else, but I'd probably want to feel out the chef at least. But how much longer do you guys think I'd need to wait to see the Old Fishing Store and the Falcon set up? Trying to decide if I should just hold off that extra bit longer to scope those out in person, too.

Koren

Just out of curiosity: how cheap can one Bricklink a modified Green Grocer for nowadays? Like, say, no minifigures, color change and reasonable substitutions are cool.
I haven't done the exact count, but I recently built a sand blue one at a reasonable price.

Reasonable = using the parts of a pet shop (I wanted two mirrored versions of the brown building, so I bought a pet shop for a bit less than 100€ and retrieve the part of the sand blue building) then I believe I spend ~150€ in 4 BL orders.

Basically, the only color switch I've done was the sand green > sand blue and dark green > dark blue (the latter actually INCREASED the cost, but I found dark blue more in line with sand blue than dark green).

I've used normal windows instead of train ones, bought only a single snake 1x4 tile instead of 3 (those are expensive, but I wanted at least 1), and I've yet to build the curtains in first floor (really expensive in dark red, but I don't know what I'll use yet).

I'm also only using *new* bricks, I don't doubt you can decrease the cost by using used ones.

So I guess 200-250€ on average, depending on how you count. The more time you can spend carefully creating the list and looking for shops, the cheaper it'll be.

Felt great BL it and building it, and it's a great addition in my modulars. Love it.

Working on Cafe Corner, now, but for this one, I'll do a complete upgrade, with furnishings.

Woorloog

Banned
How long will the Saturn V be available from shop.lego.com? My friend would like to get it but he also intends to get some SW legos and for that he is waiting for Force Friday (for Rogue One trooper thing).

Boogiepop

You can omit a handful of these that are hidden in the final build, but multiply x45 and you have the bulk of your cost with this element alone:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=4216&ColorID=48

If he doesn't mind color swapping, sand blue is substantially cheaper.

But then it'd be a blue grocer hehe

I haven't done the exact count, but I recently built a sand blue one at a reasonable price.

Reasonable = using the parts of a pet shop (I wanted two mirrored versions of the brown building, so I bought a pet shop for a bit less than 100€ and retrieve the part of the sand blue building) then I believe I spend ~150€ in 4 BL orders.

Basically, the only color switch I've done was the sand green > sand blue and dark green > dark blue (the latter actually INCREASED the cost, but I found dark blue more in line with sand blue than dark green).

I've used normal windows instead of train ones, bought only a single snake 1x4 tile instead of 3 (those are expensive, but I wanted at least 1), and I've yet to build the curtains in first floor (really expensive in dark red, but I don't know what I'll use yet).

I'm also only using *new* bricks, I don't doubt you can decrease the cost by using used ones.

So I guess 200-250€ on average, depending on how you count. The more time you can spend carefully creating the list and looking for shops, the cheaper it'll be.

Felt great BL it and building it, and it's a great addition in my modulars. Love it.

Working on Cafe Corner, now, but for this one, I'll do a complete upgrade, with furnishings.

Thanks, guys! Like I said, it's still a while off probably, but yeah, I'd definitely be happy with throwing together a Blue Grocer!

Edit: Also, my local Lego store is just far enough away to be a bit of a journey to get to, but I was thinking of heading out there under the assumption that they'd probably have Ninjago City on display, so I could see it in person to better make a decision on how much I want that. I'm also assuming they should have the Ninjago blind bags, right? Don't think I want anything else, but I'd probably want to feel out the chef at least. But how much longer do you guys think I'd need to wait to see the Old Fishing Store and the Falcon set up? Trying to decide if I should just hold off that extra bit longer to scope those out in person, too.

I would call first. Store associates are usually bery nice and helpful. They can tell you what they have in stock and display before you head out. You may not be able to view all those in one visit as space for display of large sets is limited and they are constatnly rotating stuff for promoting themes.

DBT85

Triple star wars points could see me buying snowspeeder, bb8 and trooper/speeder earlier than expected. Those points will be useful for whenever I decide to falcon.

Top Bottom