• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Woorloog

Banned
Regardless of set price, i wouldn't mind stickers that much if they bothered to include two copies of sticker sheets. Mess up and you'd still have a spare, but no, apparently including another sheet is a no no for some reason.

Ponn

Banned
I feel kinda dumb for not considering this but both fishing store and UCS Falcon should be available on sites like Amazon right? Neither one seem to be labeled or touted as exclusives. Fishing Store for sure I imagine but i'm just thinking if the UCS Falcon is available on places like Amazon it has a chance at a discount or at least popping up on AWD.

Mix the Bags Savage Mode is the Tumbler. All black.

Tumbler. The set that broke Dr. Forester.

I feel kinda dumb for not considering this but both fishing store and UCS Falcon should be available on sites like Amazon right? Neither one seem to be labeled or touted as exclusives. Fishing Store for sure I imagine but i'm just thinking if the UCS Falcon is available on places like Amazon it has a chance at a discount or at least popping up on AWD.

Old Fishing Store should be many places. If you have the UPC code, it is in many store systems to order already. Got mine already paid for and waiting for shipping on the first.

Regardless of set price, i wouldn't mind stickers that much if they bothered to include two copies of sticker sheets. Mess up and you'd still have a spare, but no, apparently including another sheet is a no no for some reason.

I just abuse the bricks and pieces system when that happens. Yeah technically its for sets with missing things, but its not my fault stickers are so hard to apply sometimes.

Are SW UCS sets generally available on Amazon though?

If open this thread often enough, I'm going to get talked into buying a Falcon on Sept 1.

If this set has unique parts, I refuse to believe it will available for a short period of time.

wetwired (or any other Aussie here) -- how much does $799 US LEGO Dollars convert to Australian?

If open this thread often enough, I'm going to get talked into buying a Falcon on Sept 1.

If this set has unique parts, I refuse to believe it will available for a short period of time.

wetwired (or any other Aussie here) -- how much does $799 US LEGO Dollars convert to Australian?

Wait, so it has changed AGAIN? I thought it was supposed to be ANNOUNCED on Sep. 1st then go on actual sale 2 weeks later?

Sorry my mistake.

Jangbricks Old Fishing Store review is up. Not watching. somebody please let me know what he thinks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0yYnml_3nA&feature=em-subs_digest

Positive. Really positive about the details and parts and stuff. Reckons it's a surprisingly easy build. There are a small number of stickers. Positive about the minifigures. The main criticism seemed to be that the gap to access the tower interior from the shop interior is more of an impressionistic sort of thing as a minifig won't fit through it.

Ugh, I'm already making plans to fit both Ninjago City and OFS in my city layout. I just need to accept it.

I finished NC by the way, and it's HEEEEEEERUUUUUGE! And heavy. And detailed. And awesome. Some cool new parts but some of the best bits is how the use old parts. The curved window is from 1990 (and really cool to get in production again as it's super expensive), and they use 1x2x5 bricks and the classic car doors in ways you couldn't imagine. The only downside is that it's really heavy and there's no good way to lift it since almost all of it can be taken off. The front pillars are not structural and actually get in the way of a good grip.

Ponn

Banned
Are SW UCS sets generally available on Amazon though?

Wait, so it has changed AGAIN? I thought it was supposed to be ANNOUNCED on Sep. 1st then go on actual sale 2 weeks later?

Yea can't think of any UCS sets that were exclusive. That's how people were getting their UCS Ties for almost half off last year between Walmart and Amazon price war. I'm hoping eventually the same for UCS Hoth to make it worth picking up.

And Falcon is still slated to be announced on 1st, VIP early access 14th.

How would someone even enjoy building something like this? It would be 95% of the time looking for shit and 5% of the time building it...

#masochism

Stepping on LEGO is another example.

Seroiusly though it's probably similar reason people like "Where's Waldo" books or doing jigsaw puzzles.

willp2003

Yea can't think of any UCS sets that were exclusive. That's how people were getting their UCS Ties for almost half off last year between Walmart and Amazon price war. I'm hoping eventually the same for UCS Hoth to make it worth picking up.

And Falcon is still slated to be announced on 1st, VIP early access 14th.

I don't think I've seen ucs sets hit Amazon in the U.K. unless it's a private seller, so maybe it's just a US thing. I've always just S@H and waited for May 4th and double/triple VIP events.

Yep, that's what i thought as well, in the EU i am fairly certain that UCS sets are Lego store ONLY which really sucks for sets like the Falcon... for now anyways :(

Yep, that's what i thought as well, in the EU i am fairly certain that UCS sets are Lego store ONLY which really sucks for sets like the Falcon... for now anyways :(
That is not the case for Germany. Toys'r'us and Galeria Kaufhof are selling UCS sets after a few months delay. (The new Death Star was available at Toys'r'us two weeks after its official release by Lego.)

Osahi

That is not the case for Germany. Toys'r'us and Galeria Kaufhof are selling UCS sets after a few months delay. (The new Death Star was available at Toys'r'us two weeks after its official release by Lego.)
Same for Belgium. I think there is some kind of exclusivity deal with certain chains though. I bought the UCS Tie in a regular toy shop when they had 25% of all Star Wars sets

Ponn

Banned
I don't think I've seen ucs sets hit Amazon in the U.K. unless it's a private seller, so maybe it's just a US thing. I've always just S@H and waited for May 4th and double/triple VIP events.

That's weird per region and sucks you all couldn't get in on half price Ties. With Amazon worldwide things like that shouldn't be the case anymore. Month or two delay after initial release fine but even the SSD was on Amazon in the US.

DBT85

How would someone even enjoy building something like this? It would be 95% of the time looking for shit and 5% of the time building it...

That's always been part of the fun for me. Like a puzzle. That rustle as you rummage through the parts to find a 1x1 clear plate,the joy when you find it.

Also, I love building with Lego. If I do it bag by bag I bash through it so fast and then it's all done 🙁.

Lol.

I might do it. I might not. I'm going to see how the Tie goes and then Slave and Saturn V.

Of the big sets I've done so far I've had no choice but to do them by bag. R2D2 was a very very cheap sealed but battered box that I got lucky with on eBay, so I wanted to do it bag by bag to be sure it was all OK as I went through. Then I did a used Red Five so again, despite it being bagged up by the previous owner I wanted to make sure it was all there.

I'm sure that there will be a ton of identical parts on the falcon so finding most of the parts won't be that hard.

Koren

Yep, that's what i thought as well, in the EU i am fairly certain that UCS sets are Lego store ONLY
Definitively not the case...

In France at the very least, UCS sets can be found in most toy chains (Toys'R Us, Pikwik, King Jouet...), "general" chains (FNAC...) and even in independant shops*. Alongside modulars, creator expert vehicules & 911, London Bridge/Big Ben, GBHQ, Airjitsu, Simpson's sets, Ferris Wheel, Hellicarrier, you name it.

I don't believe I've seen Batcave, though. And I don't remember seeing Winter village sets, but that's basically it.

E.g. for Toys'R Us: http://www.toysrus.fr/family/index.jsp?sort=StorePrice-D&categoryId=5095051&overrideStore=TRUFR

(though it's not online, there was still UCS Tie and UCS Endor in the shop near my flat)

The problem is... I never see any decent discount there (some independant shops rather have a price 15-30% OVER the Lego store price), so... why would it be a big deal?

I'd believe that Lego would want to avoid price wars on those, and that may be the reason you usually don't see them on Amazon (except by 3rd party sellers), for example. Though it's common enough from 3rd party sellers to warrant a price tracking website:

https://www.pricevortex.com/

* funnily enough, there's a tiny toy shop in the small coastline town where the current french president has a town, it's probably 20 m² at most, but they usually have a LOT of special sets... I was surprised to see GBHQ there, but I shouldn't have been. Two weeks ago, they had Beetle and Big Ben on display, and they must have sold them, because a couple days later, they had been replaced.

There used to be TWO tiny shops dedicated to Lego/Playmobil that I sorely miss... Including one that had basically all those special sets on display (I saw e.g. the carrousel, motorized, the VW camper, the imperial flagship, the Death Star, etc. I loved them, but I was in my dark times, and I was sure it was MOCs (I didn't believed Lego would sell such sets). My bad for not actually entering the store back then T_T The were also selling *opened* minifigs, many from really old series.

Hmmm i really need to check out more physical stores in that case... though if the discounts are that meager then what's the use? :(

Best bet is probably still 3X VIP or 2X VIP unless you get super lucky in a store once in a while...

Koren

Hmmm i really need to check out more physical stores in that case... though if the discounts are that meager then what's the use? :(
Well, it's not totally unseen (King Jouet especially does clearances from time to time, UCS Tie at -50%, Helicarrier at -30%, Simpson House at -25%... also some shops do time-limited cashback, like the 911 at -25%)

But it's sure not a common thing, and at the time you can find those, there's a risk the set is unavailable pretty much everywhere, so you may miss it completely by waiting for a deal. Also, you may be able to order it online, but only be able to retrieve it in the actual shop that still has it in stock (they won't send it).

I hate when this happens: a crushed and torn up manual inside a sealed City set. Why not to place the instructions inside a plastic bag with the protective cardboard always? The 3 instructions booklets came loose inside the box. Plus the sticker sheet came stained with some blue ink. No, I cannot ask for a replacement because our Lego branch does not carry replacements. 60050 by the way.

papluh

I hate when this happens: a crushed and torn up manual inside a sealed City set. Why not to place the instructions inside a plastic bag with the protective cardboard always? The 3 instructions booklets came loose inside the box. Plus the sticker sheet came stained with some blue ink. No, I cannot ask for a replacement because our Lego branch does not carry replacements. 60050 by the way.

Aren't the replacements sent from like one or at most 2 places ?
And if the set is sold officially in that country they would ship it ?
Have you tried online ?

But with 60050 being from 2014 it can be already too late, in Billund they were saying that set specific stuff is stored like 3 years..

Aren't the replacements sent from like one or at most 2 places ?
And if the set is sold officially in that country they would ship it ?
Have you tried online ?

But with 60050 being from 2014 it can be already too late, in Billund they were saying that set specific stuff is stored like 3 years..

The set is from 2014, but it was still sold here (Brazil) until like 6 months ago. Thing is our local Lego represents are really s! Lego is just starting to take control of the distribution operation by themselves but I never heard of this kind of support here. I may try online, but not sure if they will ship replacements internationaly.

Or I can pretent my City Station was vandalized.

Ponn

Banned
Hi I thought i given up on this hobby, will this Williamuem Falcrum be like the SNES Classic?

The safest bet based on past hyped sets around this time of year is if you really want it for the holidays try to get it day one, and you will have more than 5 minutes to get it unlike the SNES classic. You won't be screwed out of it forever though if you decide to wait, it might go up for sale sproradically or backorder during the holidays but it should see regular stock after the new year. It really depends on your patience and your need to have it for the holidays or not but no, nothing like the SNES classic. Or hopefully Mars Rover.

Sold out forever 😈

If lego does do pre orders then expect the falcon to sell the fuck out
I hope they don't do pre orders now
eBay will be flooded with pre orders if they are real

Ugh, I really want to buy the falcon in store but I'm shook it'll be like 2 max and I'll miss out

papluh

The set is from 2014, but it was still sold here (Brazil) until like 6 months ago. Thing is our local Lego represents are really s! Lego is just starting to take control of the distribution operation by themselves but I never heard of this kind of support here. I may try online, but not sure if they will ship replacements internationaly.

Or I can pretent my City Station was vandalized.

Should be simple, go to lego.com and bottom left is link for replacement parts or try
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken

It will ask for country and Brazil is there, so worth a try.

Stickers are usually not on the list, so just above parts list is a link "I can't find what I'm looking for" (now I need to get rid of U2 from my mind...) and write there that the stickers are damaged from transport. I'd say such request makes quite a big percentage of requests (if we count the real ones and not scams). At least for me it is about 50% of requests, I had to ask about 4+ times.

It is possible they will ask for a number printed somewhere in the manual.

Jimrpg

At or over AU$1000 would be my guess. (based on the exchange rate)

I'm also guessing it would be hard to get a discount for this set, maybe Myer would stock it but it'd be pretty sought after and you'd have to be quick when they discount their Lego.

Should be simple, go to lego.com and bottom left is link for replacement parts or try
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken

It will ask for country and Brazil is there, so worth a try.

Stickers are usually not on the list, so just above parts list is a link "I can't find what I'm looking for" (now I need to get rid of U2 from my mind...) and write there that the stickers are damaged from transport. I'd say such request makes quite a big percentage of requests (if we count the real ones and not scams). At least for me it is about 50% of requests, I had to ask about 4+ times.

It is possible they will ask for a number printed somewhere in the manual.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I am surprised that Brazil is on their country list. And there is even instructions to get replacement stickers. Let's see if it works since as you said the set is quite old.

Dropping by to say I assembled a couple of the sets from my Walmart clearance haul this weekend, and was surprised by how badass this little Ninjago vehicle set turned out to be.

osxSRwM.jpg
Makes a compact, tough-looking tank that has some slick hidden features and feels durable too.

ghostmind

Force Friday II midnight openings - TRU Canada

Langley, BC - 19705 Fraser Highway
Calgary, AB - 10450 Macleod Trail SE
Edmonton, AB - 3940 Gateway Blvd
Etobicoke, ON - 690 Evans Avenue
Whitby, ON - 50 Thickson Road South

Free t-shirt and poster for the first 100 attendees.

TRU USA is saying that all locations will have midnight openings, with the same t-shirt and poster promos.

6195410.jpg

I first glanced at the parts list and thought, "So what. It's just a clear blue version of the same half cone we've had for years."
But it is actually larger.

Gee, I wonder what kind of set would make them want to make a larger piece like this?

Top Bottom