• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Can someone point me to the element # for studless dish used for UCS BB-8's lens?

The black inner part? I have no actual intel on this, but I assumed it's a 'boat stud' - no 2654 - affixed on a 3 x 3 dish with a stud in between.

Seems to be 2 x 2 wide which supports this theory!

Edit: checked in LDD, and this seems correct - although that calls the piece a 'slide shoe'

peely

Neo Member
Argh.

The missus and I are building Ninjago City and we're missing a piece - can't order a replacement because the set number isn't recognised :(

(Luckily had a spare that I stole from my daughter's Scooby Doo set :p)

I love the discounts going on now. 50 to 70% off, that's sweet.
Scored some buildable figures, including the Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike which is supposed to be pretty nice from what I hear.

DonShula

Argh.

The missus and I are building Ninjago City and we're missing a piece - can't order a replacement because the set number isn't recognised :(

(Luckily had a spare that I stole from my daughter's Scooby Doo set :p)

This is the second time I've heard of a missing piece in Ninjago City.

ghostmind

What's the story with Brick Fest Live? Anyone been before? Is it worth a visit?

If you like paying overpriced admission for a glorified LEGO swap meet.

It poses as an educational experience for kids, like LEGO's own "Imagine Nation Tour", but it's a thinly-veiled cash grab.

And the founder is associated with the scummy "Bricks on the Dollar".

vladbkp

Neo Member
What's the story with Brick Fest Live? Anyone been before? Is it worth a visit?
Went to BrickFest when it was in Phoenix a few weeks ago.... and honestly, I'd save your money. There were only a few vendors selling older sets and some interactive play areas. The crowd when I went wasn't all that big. I was expecting to find folks selling Brickarms or other specialty parts. Nope. Nothing of the sort. Overall it wasn't anything special.

Ponn

Banned
Is it just the Halloween seasonal set coming on the 1st or any of the holiday ones too? Trying to form up my 1st to buy list.

DBT85

My brain is doing bad things and suggesting that maybe using triple points to also get the death star (on top of snowspeeder, trooper/speeder and bb8 would be a good idea. And then waiting for double for the mf.

Fuck you Lego.

Spending £730 to get like £130 off lol

Ponn

Banned
My brain is doing bad things and suggesting that maybe using triple points to also get the death star (on top of snowspeeder, trooper/speeder and bb8 would be a good idea. And then waiting for double for the mf.

Fuck you Lego.

Spending £730 to get like £130 off lol

For those wanting the UCS MF but rolling the dice on waiting for a double VIP on it I would be wary. You are gambling on questionable stock and availability that no one is really sure how long the production is meant for on top of gambling it even being in stock for the few VIP events they have a year. The points would sure be nice, but id really consider it next to how much you really want that set. I don't want to see anyone on Lego GAF disappointed, it kills me seeing people wanting sets like Saturn V and not being able to get them.

DBT85

For those wanting the UCS MF but rolling the dice on waiting for a double VIP on it I would be wary. You are gambling on questionable stock and availability that no one is really sure how long the production is meant for on top of gambling it even being in stock for the few VIP events they have a year. The points would sure be nice, but id really consider it next to how much you really want that set. I don't want to see anyone on Lego GAF disappointed, it kills me seeing people wanting sets like Saturn V and not being able to get them.

I'm not too worried that the set will be so limited that it'll only be around for a few months. Not getting the saturn v for 2 months has been annoying but they have caught up.

If they announce that the mf is for some dumb reason limited to 6 months then I might not wait.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not too worried that the set will be so limited that it'll only be around for a few months. Not getting the saturn v for 2 months has been annoying but they have caught up.

If they announce that the mf is for some dumb reason limited to 6 months then I might not wait.

It’s less that, and more gambling that if it goes out of stock regularly, it may not be in stock on those narrow VIP bonus days

The profit margin should be quite high for a 7500 pieces set, so they want to sell as many as possible. I don't think it will be limited for six months or so, it should be around for quite some time.

willp2003

Yeah I'm not taking a chance on missing the falcon. Sure extra VIP points would be nice, but I'm blowing all the points I've saved up on this. Just have to hope S@H doesn't break on the 14th!

Osahi

Anyone know whether BB-8 is out in EU stores already?

Just back from the biggest toy chain in Belgium, and no new sets on the shelves. Heavy discounts on lots of Star Wars sets though, to clear the isle (almost everything Rogue One-related, but also stuff like encounter on Jakku and Rey's speeder and constractions)

Grabbed 3 Ninjago CMF's. Felt for the pyjama girl and the selfiestick dude, and semi-felt (to be sure not to have a double) a random third one, which was the science lady. Cool to have a Lego Laptop now :)

DBT85

Yeah I'm not taking a chance on missing the falcon. Sure extra VIP points would be nice, but I'm blowing all the points I've saved up on this. Just have to hope S@H doesn't break on the 14th!
It's going to break.

I just hope they limit it to 1 per person. Even I have credit enough to buy a ton if these and I have no interest in doing so.

I just worry about the store in Nashville selling out immediately after opening. I have class that morning and then will do the hour drive to the store. Should get there about ten minutes after opening then.

Of course, will probably call the day before and ask if they can hold a single one for me since it is a long drive. I might be overthinking this and it won't fly out the door at .5 past light speed.

DBT85

It begins. #MixTheBags

DIKptbIXoAAETvK.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I just worry about the store in Nashville selling out immediately after opening. I have class that morning and then will do the hour drive to the store. Should get there about ten minutes after opening then.

Of course, will probably call the day before and ask if they can hold a single one for me since it is a long drive. I might be overthinking this and it won't fly out the door at .5 past light speed.

Could order it to be safe. Then again the way their website is and given it's the UCS Falcon you might actually get to the store before their website works.

Could order it to be safe. Then again the way their website is and given it's the UCS Falcon you might actually get to the store before their website works.

Yup. And not only that, will they get the set up at a regular time, or some random time of the night? And I have to wake up at 630am, so I have no intentions of being up late.

willp2003

Started my last modular to build today - PR. Finished bags 1&2, and will do the rest tomorrow and maybe Monday. Looks great so far, and some neat little builds.
This will fill up the top shelf of my units, so not sure where I'll expand when the next one comes out. Also need to work on finding a home for the falcon...

Ryuuroden

So I went to the lego store today. They told me there will be a physical built copy of the millennium falcon in the store September 1st. Well, they wouldn't say its the millennium falcon obviously but you know wink wink nod nod.

So I went to the lego store today. They told me there will be a physical built copy of the millennium falcon in the store September 1st. Well, they wouldn't say its the millennium falcon obviously but you know wink wink nod nod.

'Do you have, or are you expecting, any Millennium Falcons on Sept 1st?'

"No, but we are expecting Bicentennium Eagles that day"

DonShula

Sorting through piles of pieces that the kids have collected to re-assemble some of their larger sets. I am about ready to make a Bricklink order for Benny's Spaceship. Only missing a few pieces and none too uncommon.

Working on the Scooby-Doo mansion now. It's amazing how much effort this takes when you have a ton of pieces, and I'm sure I have way fewer pieces than most of you. Fatigue is setting in. I have everything sorted by color in plastic bags but that's getting pretty annoying when searching through a bag for a specific piece. I need a cabinet with a bunch of drawers for this stuff.

My next house is going to have a Lego building room...

Ponn

Banned
Quick fun intermission while everyone is waiting for most patiently for the 1st. I was having a bad day and didn't want to build a big set but I grabbed a couple polybags and couple small sets and put them together through the day.

First the Jungle Starter set I picked up on a whim on my last S@H order. Mainly for the new alligator.

Like the new alligator, the tail is nice. The scientist guy is a neat fig, all the figs in this set really are. Builds are nice too with some nice parts.

Actually I lied, this is why I got this set
MACHETE!! Actually you get two of them in this set, score!

old one thats been sitting around from that prison island theme. Moosestache Guy!! Paddle Moosestache guy, Paddle!!

ghostmind

I am sitting here late at night watching reviews of 10179 on youtube. Dammit lego, just throw me a bone here!

ew, stickers. But the set will look cool without the stickers too so that's nice.

The stickers are pretty minimal, with the vast majority being printed pieces. This will be one of those sets that don't really suffer if you choose not to apply the stickers.

The stickers are pretty minimal, with the vast majority being printed pieces. This will be one of those sets that don't really suffer if you choose not to apply the stickers.

Yeah, this set should be ok. Still on the fence about Ninjago City because of stickers though.

70618 might look decent without stickers too.

Top Bottom