• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Alright, I'll head to my local lego store and see if people are camping out
I'll make it back before it goes live online if I fail

DBT85

Does a else think we need luke/leia contractions with appropriate attire so that we can have them on speeders chasing the trooper?

Also this morning I was called a corporationist after someone on a friend's Facebook declared that they felt Lego was too expensive, more expensive than 25 years ago, not for kids, instructions are bad, licensing is bad, can't get boxes of bricks anywhere and I disagreed with them. Lol.

So they've told us the card has benefits, but aren't going to be specific about them. Not that the card should sway anyone's decision on a $800 purchase.
Basically. I'm expecting something daft like 50 points on some of the poorer sets next year and absolutely nothing on the ISD.

Koren

Saturn is much cheaper so more people would be interested. It's appealed to people that never bought Lego and brought people like me in from the cold. The MF will do neither.
It's probably harder to produce. And I doubt scalpers have that much interest in Saturn V.

Still, I've been able to carelessly enter a Lego Store (main Paris one) a week after global release and buy a Saturn V. For all I can tell, they sold out the MF in the first hour of pre-release.

I wouldn't be surprised they actually had no MF to sell on release day, which is... something between strange and ridiculous.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
It's probably harder to produce. And I doubt scalpers have that much interest in Saturn V.

Still, I've been able to carelessly enter a Lego Store (main Paris one) a week after global release and buy a Saturn V. For all I can tell, they sold out the MF in the first hour of pre-release.

I wouldn't be surprised they actually had no MF to sell on release day, which is... something between strange and ridiculous.

People would spend $5000 on the old one.....so there is a demand.

It's 5:15 in the morning and I'm 7th in line. There are supposed to be 22 UCS Falcons in store, so I guess I'm good.

#4 in line hype

1starwars761.gif

Now I wait for US site to go live. Brickset said the UK site went live about twenty minutes early. So now I refresh for half an hour.

Still debating about skipping class and driving to the store, but it is rush hour traffic now and that would be maddening.

DBT85

1starwars761.gif

Now I wait for US site to go live. Brickset said the UK site went live about twenty minutes early. So now I refresh for half an hour.

Still debating about skipping class and driving to the store, but it is rush hour traffic now and that would be maddening.

Yeah, UK site was deffo available least 15 mins early as I was on it. Glad I was there before the mad rush at about 3 mins early.

Once the falcon and the snowspeeder arrive, I'll have 1969+452+1703+4016+7541=15,681 of some of the most expensive Lego bricks ever to assemble lol. Only Saturn V isn't a star wars set.

OcOe4p0.gif

I'm not gonna buy it but since I'm up I checked the US site and it still says available Oct 1. I'm logged in and have vip; is that right?

Anyway i'll get off so i don't contribute to the bog for people actually buying it.

Saw on twitter someone asked if it were EST or EDT. We are on EDT now, so if it is EST that would be in an hour. But who the hell pays attention to that? We just see 8am.

Ugh, I can't stay up for much longer, gotta get back to sleep. If it doesn't pop up in the next few minutes I'll just have to say fuck it and let fate decide if/when I can get one... It's not like this will be the only time ever to order it, right?

Top Bottom